The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Voted to kick you

SP39EMC2
SP39EMC2
✭✭✭
Your group members voted to kick you from the group.
Instead of "kick" why not "remove"
Just saying...LOL!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ergh, another one of these requests. Does it hurt you to see the word “kick” or something?

I’d imagine that the act of kicking you should hurt more than the words used to describe it...
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    Means the same.

It's not like it says "voted to slice and dice you and feed you to the fishes to get rid of your sorry...." lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long ago I decided that all synonyms are really the same thing with different letters.

Like I told the last person to correct my word choice, "You understood what I said enough to suggest another word, so you understood what I said in the first place"
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your former group members had came to an unanimous decision to part way with you. they wish you every good success in your future adventure. have a nice day.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, please tell me this doesn't actually bother you or offend you in any way, does it? If you're upset that you're group is voting to kick you, and furthermore getting upset that it says "kick", you may want to re-evaluate your playing style and how you contribute to groups.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    "You have been relegated of your functions as X role for underperforming in this role so your group mates decided to democratically vote to have you replaced for a more competent player in order to fulfill X role and clearing the current content as a last result you will be moved out of the dungeon for other player to take in your place, hope you have a great day in tamriel"

Edited for grammar correction.
    Edited by BaneOfBattler on July 31, 2018 4:54PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "You have been relegated of your functions as X role for underperforming in this role so your group mates decided to democratically voted to have you replaced for a more competent player in order to fulfill X role and clearing the current content as a last fact you will be moved out of the dungeon for other player to take in your place, hope you have a great day in tamriel"

You forgot something at the end:

“P.S. - Git gud”
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kick is fine, hurts people's feelings just the right amount.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SP39EMC2 wrote: »
    Just saying...LOL!

I'm with you OP - wouldn't kill the community to use language that was more polite and encouraging and less demeaning.

On a vaguely related note, I don't know if they're still airing, but watch original Ninja Warrior vs American Ninja Warrior - basically the same structure, same basic competition layouts - but the demeanor behind the announcers/sportscaster and the competitors/crowds is entirely different.
    I find that Ninja Warrior is just a far more encouraging, positive show to watch, whereas the American Ninja Warrior is loaded with all the trash-talking-reveling-in-the-misery-of-your-opponent's-failure that is such a hallmark of America today...

and I speak as an American sick of American competitive mentality these days...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying...LOL!

How about ...

It's not you it's us
    Edited by SugaComa on July 31, 2018 6:03PM
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's up with this war on words? There is nothing wrong with the word "kick". You might aswell suggest that we change the bounty board to tell you to "Defeat 20 hostile players" instead of "Kill 20 hostile players".

I feel kinda stupid for even replying to a request this inane.
    Edited by nemvar on July 31, 2018 6:05PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phermitgb wrote: »
    Just saying...LOL!

I'm with you OP - wouldn't kill the community to use language that was more polite and encouraging and less demeaning.

On a vaguely related note, I don't know if they're still airing, but watch original Ninja Warrior vs American Ninja Warrior - basically the same structure, same basic competition layouts - but the demeanor behind the announcers/sportscaster and the competitors/crowds is entirely different.
    I find that Ninja Warrior is just a far more encouraging, positive show to watch, whereas the American Ninja Warrior is loaded with all the trash-talking-reveling-in-the-misery-of-your-opponent's-failure that is such a hallmark of America today...

and I speak as an American sick of American competitive mentality these days...

Give me a break. It doesnt matter whether the word is kick, remove, boot, exile, extract, expel, or a "vote of no-confidence" it all means the EXACT SAME THING. If you feelings re hurt by words...well, you are going to have a very difficult life.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Political Correctness is a plague. People nowadays go out of their way to find something offensive. Guess what; Everything offends someone! Develop a skin for god's sake. No one ever used to pander on about how someone hurt their feelings. They took it in stride or bottled that **** up.

If getting kicked from a dungeon really hurts your poor wittle feelings I have some words of wisdom for you;

Grow up!
    Grow a pair!
    Get on with your life!
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need this option ZOS.

Untitled-1.jpg
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    There's always different ways of phrasing the same message; I guess one could say that "kick" lacks a certain degree of politeness even if friendlier wording ultimately means the same thing. Much the same as any RL situation: how you say something often counts for more than what it is you're saying, and makes all the difference between winning someone over as opposed to them telling you to bugger off.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always surprised by the amount of energy and time some people spend INSISTING on their right to be a jerk to other people, when the same energy and time could be spent being nice to them. Or just could be spent on something else entirely.

People don't have to LIKE each other, they don't have to AGREE with each other - but we *can* dislike people and disagree with people without spending extra effort to be *** about it.

There's nothing, nothing, nothing wrong with spending a small, just a small, amount of effort, choosing words carefully to express an action or an intent without deliberately crafting it to be hurtful and offensive.

hurting people is easy and lazy - expressing opposition WITHOUT hurting them requires *some* effort - deliberately hurting someone as much as possible with your words actually takes extra effort and time - but we seem to enjoy that expenditure (or maybe it's the results that we enjoy) far more than the expense and rewards of being - not even nice - just not-*** - to each other...

but of course, I'm the problem
    James T. Kirk
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thought someone finally brings up about doing 20-30 mins of a dungeon and when the final boss about to die u get kicked cuz the premade you got randomly with doesn't like u and kicks u in mid fight, like they would have something to gain
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    I don't think it should be polite. If 3 other members of your group agree that you aren't capable of pulling your weight, why should they try to spare your feelings? You deserve to know it's your fault that you're being kicked, and you don't necessarily deserve a nice phrasing of it.

Put forth effort, learn to satisfy the requirements of your role, and play competently, and you'll never have to worry about seeing the word "kicked"
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm always surprised by the amount of energy and time some people spend INSISTING on their right to be a jerk to other people, when the same energy and time could be spent being nice to them. Or just could be spent on something else entirely.

People don't have to LIKE each other, they don't have to AGREE with each other - but we *can* dislike people and disagree with people without spending extra effort to be *** about it.

There's nothing, nothing, nothing wrong with spending a small, just a small, amount of effort, choosing words carefully to express an action or an intent without deliberately crafting it to be hurtful and offensive.

hurting people is easy and lazy - expressing opposition WITHOUT hurting them requires *some* effort - deliberately hurting someone as much as possible with your words actually takes extra effort and time - but we seem to enjoy that expenditure (or maybe it's the results that we enjoy) far more than the expense and rewards of being - not even nice - just not-*** - to each other...

The problem is that we’re apparently going to great lengths to discuss whether or not we should use a single word in an online mmo game. It really isn’t worth getting worked up over
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Political Correctness is a plague. People nowadays go out of their way to find something offensive. Guess what; Everything offends someone! Develop a skin for god's sake. No one ever used to pander on about how someone hurt their feelings. They took it in stride or bottled that **** up.

If getting kicked from a dungeon really hurts your poor wittle feelings I have some words of wisdom for you;

Grow up!
    Grow a pair!
    Get on with your life!

Well, this is not new to the game. "X has been kicked from the group" has been the message since launch. I always feel back when I'm cleaning up the group after a couple of my guildies have logged off. They could easily have used "remove" instead of "kick", like they do with the message that you are being removed from a dungeon.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be polite.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

James T. Kirk
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the first time a group voted to kick me...

it was my own fault, it was one of my first trips inside a pledge dungeon and I kept wandering off and slowing up to explore...

fortunately at the time I used to only go in group dungeons with a buddy...he told me about it and it pissed me off...

needless to say, my buddy wasn't gonna kick me, so, the one of the other group members left :)

doesn't happen anymore cause my character is maxed, and, I understand it's almost always a speed run for pledges, plus, for the most part I know how to do the role I queued for...

just starting out though - more than a few times my buddy would tell me that the other two players were trying to kick me...

same thing happened with him...always good to go in to a strange place with some backup :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Just saying...LOL!

How about ...

It's not you it's us

"Your group members thought it would be better to start seeing different players"
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always surprised by the amount of energy and time some people spend trying to police other people's speech in a futile attempt to protect some imaginary person's feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPcjm-X5GQ
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's next, a reward for participation?
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
    *caption*
    Edited by BaneOfBattler on July 31, 2018 9:29PM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More salt plz. Message should be ‘Due to most likely you underproferming, your old teammates got rid of you to find some one better. Maybe you should consider get good.’
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess rather then kick they could put l2p or sorry, it was lag we really thought you were okie~ :neutral:
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on July 31, 2018 9:45PM
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see the ability to remove players from a group REMOVED (in dungeons and trials only). Those of you incapable of dealing with low skilled players should be more tolerant

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 1, 2018 1:56AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I'd rather see the ability to remove players from a group REMOVED (in dungeons and trials only). Those of you incapable of dealing with low skilled players should be more tolerant

Removing low level, unskilled players is far from the only reason this game has a kick function.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 1, 2018 1:57AM