Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sprint Bug

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For the love of all that is good and right in the world, PLEASE FIX THIS STINKING BUG!!!! It's driving me friggin' crazy in Cyrodiil. In the middle of a battle nothing like seeing your stamina disappear to zero in 2 seconds. :/
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    No kidding. So many good fights ruined by it....
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every day, nearly every major fight.

i suppose they figure it's fair, as everyone has the potential to get it, the rng evens out. :neutral:
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix these issues in addition to the sprint bug:

1. Render Tears
    2. Rubberbanding after taking a Meteor ultimate.
    3. Losing group chevrons in high-traffic battles.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one that really grinds my gears.....is the not being able to mount when you are not doing anything! -Squeal noise-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Understand this is really frustrating, and we're working on getting it fixed. It's been a difficult one to nail down, but we are aware and working on it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Understand this is really frustrating, and we're working on getting it fixed. It's been a difficult one to nail down, but we are aware and working on it.

Well if ou need some more information here are some posts with videos. Been reporting since January and it’s just now received attention.

This is why I lose faith

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392283/2h-attack-bug-na-ps4-causes-character-lockout#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414169/a-new-sprint-bug-that-causes-character-lockout#latest
    Edited by Koolio on July 31, 2018 4:08PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's good to hear. Apart from voicing my frustration, which REALLY rears it's ugly head in Cyrodiil battles, I first posted about this bug in November, 2017. When it hits, you can't do anything but sprint (no attacks or skills, nothing works) until you hit your sprint button again. In a PVP battle, by that time you're usually dead and yelling obscenities.

I really hope you nail this down soon. It's even more frustrating than the non-stop CC's being thrown at you in battle (which I'll save for another thread). :/
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

That's good to hear. Apart from voicing my frustration, which REALLY rears it's ugly head in Cyrodiil battles, I first posted about this bug in November, 2017. When it hits, you can't do anything but sprint (no attacks or skills, nothing works) until you hit your sprint button again. In a PVP battle, by that time you're usually dead and yelling obscenities.

I really hope you nail this down soon. It's even more frustrating than the non-stop CC's being thrown at you in battle (which I'll save for another thread). :/

Hitting sprint again doesn't fix it. I tried. It fails.

This bug is annoying as sh,t andvdi are the countless other ones that are STILL plaguing the game. Dine a couple years old, some were gone and came back
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hitting sprint again usually fixes it. If that don't work then open the crown store and hit dodge roll. As stupid as that sounds it fixes better than half of the character glitches one sees. Obviously worthless in a PvP battle but, whatever.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Hitting sprint again usually fixes it. If that don't work then open the crown store and hit dodge roll. As stupid as that sounds it fixes better than half of the character glitches one sees. Obviously worthless in a PvP battle but, whatever.

:D:D:D

Thanks man! First time I've laughed at this problem in 8 months.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen, seems like it's occurring in really large fights in PvP. While this sprint bug is active, none of the abilities work and the game looks like it freezes/de-syncs around me. Usually closing app/re loading the app does it for me on PS4.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been happening really often to me lately.. like once an hour

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting SO COMPLETELY PISSED AT THIS BUG!!! Two fights in a row, running around in circles, nothing works...dead. What a crock! :/
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Koolio Dude, thank you for keeping up with sorting, documenting, and spreading awareness at getting this issues known, resolved and fixed. It really means a lot to those of us who continue to log in every day.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting SO COMPLETELY PISSED AT THIS BUG!!! Two fights in a row, running around in circles, nothing works...dead. What a crock! :/

Agreed. I had 3 healers keeping me alive tonight, and although I prefer to be self sufficient, im really glad they were there, because I looked like an absolute panic'd scrub running around getting snared, poisoned, cursed and soul assaulted. I try to look for others getting this bug and do my best to heal them, even if its only spamming Vigor, so they don't die to such a frustrating game breaking bug.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only fix I found...
    Keep sprinting until your stamina is fully depleted, then you'll stop sprinting. Otherwise, hitting a synergy seems to also work.
    It's clearly annoying when you have to backup in a battleground to do that.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry for the the less than constructive rant. It was a knee jerk reaction to intense frustration. I do appreciate the fact that this issue has been acknowledged and being worked on.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    @Koolio Dude, thank you for keeping up with sorting, documenting, and spreading awareness at getting this issues known, resolved and fixed. It really means a lot to those of us who continue to log in every day.

Thanks. I try as much as possible. It just get disheartening sometimes.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Any update yet? Really hard to fight outnumbered when I get locked out of abilities every 5-15 mins. Really hard.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of all that is good and right in the world, PLEASE FIX THIS STINKING BUG!!!! It's driving me friggin' crazy in Cyrodiil. In the middle of a battle nothing like seeing your stamina disappear to zero in 2 seconds. :/

I'm amazed they didn't fix it, since they reintroduced it to the game with Summerset. It's quite astounding how they always manage to bring back bugs they've previously fixed.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see that threads about it have been around since January.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Allow sprint toggle to be disabled while in midair. That will fix it

In the last patch it was changed from a movement speed modifier that had to be consistently checked for (hence why you randomly stopped sprinting while lagging even when holding down sprint) to a toggle.

I’m sure the switch saved server processing speed, but sprint is not a modifiable toggle when in midair for the server, but it still is a modifiable toggle for the client when in mid air.

That’s the bug.
    Edited by Thogard on August 15, 2018 11:43PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

In the last patch it was changed from a movement speed modifier that had to be consistently checked for (hence why you randomly stopped sprinting while lagging even when holding down sprint) to a toggle.

I’m sure the switch saved server processing speed, but sprint is not a modifiable toggle when in midair for the server, but it still is a modifiable toggle for the client when in mid air.

That’s the bug.

MOTHER OF GOD WE FOUND THE CURE
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s the bug.

Not sure this has anything to do with midair sprint toggling as this happens constantly when I'm on the ground just running around in battle. I do feel it may have something to do with communicating with the server during lags as this seems to only happen when there is a lot of action on the screen (which is when lagging is most likely to occur). My guess is that while sprinting, a lag occurs, and during the lag the user releases the sprint button, and this doesn't get properly communicated to the server. When the lag is over and server communication is resumed, the server thinks the sprint button is still on, so you're stuck in perpetual sprint mode. This would also explain why re-hitting the sprint button, when post-lag communication with the server is resumed, resolves the issue.

Disappointed a fix wasn't in the latest patch. Still hoping they get this one nailed soon
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly new to PVP. And I here I thought it was something I was doing. LOL. Well now I know. For what it is worth I have always been able to get out of being stuck in sprint by hitting sprint again.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get the sprint bug everywhere.. CP-pvp; no-cp- PvP in both Sotha and Kyne and the most hideous place.. VMA. :s

I hope they will unravel the mysterious cause of the bug very very soon.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s especially deadly for mag builds with little stamina. Not being able to roll dodge or break free at critical moments because your stam reserves have been drained is a death sentence.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s the bug.

Not sure this has anything to do with midair sprint toggling as this happens constantly when I'm on the ground just running around in battle. I do feel it may have something to do with communicating with the server during lags as this seems to only happen when there is a lot of action on the screen (which is when lagging is most likely to occur). My guess is that while sprinting, a lag occurs, and during the lag the user releases the sprint button, and this doesn't get properly communicated to the server. When the lag is over and server communication is resumed, the server thinks the sprint button is still on, so you're stuck in perpetual sprint mode. This would also explain why re-hitting the sprint button, when post-lag communication with the server is resumed, resolves the issue.

Disappointed a fix wasn't in the latest patch. Still hoping they get this one nailed soon

We’re basically saying the same thing. I don’t think lag would cause sprint to get ignored but the root cause would be the same.

Have you ever been moving and gone over a tiny bump so fast that it messes up your abilities because it thinks you’re airborne? If you’re using swift traits and speed pots and sprint it happens all the time.

If you let go of sprint during one of those micro skips then the server won’t realize you stopped sprinting. Or maybe it is lag that’s causing the sprint-toggle-off message not to get sent. But either way, it’s the fact that sprint is a toggle now.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Two months and no other information. Can we get an update?
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Two months and no other information. Can we get an update?

LOL I guess they would rather sell us the new DLCs before fixing performance or bugs that affect gameplay