Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Respecs Cost

cpuScientist
cpuScientist
✭✭✭✭✭
Can it be made based on number of changes made? Or a smaller flat fee. Preferably number of changes though.

This is a breath of fresh air and a really good Quality of Life change. But the cost can it be toned down please.
  • DustyWarehouse
    DustyWarehouse
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this also just now. Removed a single skill and its morph, wanted to charge me 13k+. I expected the price to be based on the number of skills being updated but I guess it works the same as CP. Though with CP I can change 780 points for just 3k.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's so close to being a good QOL system. Just go that extra step ZOS! @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by cpuScientist on July 30, 2018 4:06PM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I concur! Especially with how this might be tough on new players that level up and need to respec.

Lower the price, or make the price based on how many skills are changed!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the place for a Gold Sink. Charging people more to change one skill than a total respec would cost is not helpful to your player base. If it is really 13K to change, then I will just do Morphs for 1/4 of the price.
    Edited by Nestor on July 30, 2018 4:40PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    +1 ESO fun is also really about trying new morph with some specific set and theory craft, we really need cheap respect
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree. If we're only going to be changing a single morph, why should we be charged for all morphs? Same goes for skills.
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    They didn’t change it to “pay per point reallocation”? I just assumed that was a given. What a scam...
    Edited by blindy107 on July 31, 2018 3:14PM
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    +1 make it by sill point change, we really need it!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, this is a little bit too expensive.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just remove the cost altogether.

Why should it cost gold to re-spec skills that players have already learned and spent time levelling up.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that it should either be a flat fee like CPs or based on the number of skills changed.

However, just to clarify, the cost as it currently is on PTS is based on the number of SPs you have (50g per SP), which is the same as on live. So, no one is paying more with the new system than they would with the old system. It's just that it feels like it's more since now we're only making minor adjustments, rather than getting all our points back to reallocate them all again.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a flat fee would be more appropriate. There wouldn't be much point to having morph choices if it only costs 50g and a button press to change it any time you want. There would probably be an addon released that would actually turn it into a single button press. Personally, I'd like to see a time cost as well that escalates until it cools down. 10 minutes, then 1 hour, then 5 hours, then a day, etc. Wait a week and it goes back down to 10 minutes again. Players should not be able to flip flop back and forth on a whim, but the gold cost has little to do with that.
  • gitch2
    gitch2
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by gitch2 on August 13, 2018 8:42PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They definitely don't need another gold sink considering how much changing Outfits now costs!! With some motif choices costing 6000g just to add plus cost to dye... it's ridiculous.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****