The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

dark magic

barbarian340
barbarian340
✭✭✭
before i left eso, i remember they were saying they would buff dark magic power that werent used often...was it successful...does encase and rune prison morphs do good damage now?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They buffed rune prison too do dmg

the scrubs went on forums and complained

We now lost dmg on our rune prison - and people continue too complain.

Sorcs cannot have nice things =( sorry!
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC , encase pretty much bypasses CC immunities and you can perma snare and lock down enemies (including players in PvP).

Rune Cage is basically a max range insta stun for 5s - which is only an issue for the forums because of how buggy the break free system is by not letting you break free when you actually have stamina. So you pair the 5s stun from 28m away with a mages wrath execute and a force pulse and a crystal frags proc and you have an insta kill from a sorc max range away from you.

To answer your question though, no they do not really do "good damage" now.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More nerfs for sorcerers please
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Encase still have a morph that deal damage if the effect end naturally, it's the definition of an useless morph.
    The other morph give major vitality for 1 to 6 seconds ... whoa -_-