• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Optimizing Mitigation [Calculator]

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I have to ask why?

Why would a tank want equal physical and spell resistance?

If we are talking high end trial tanking, which iirc most top tanks have not built for the resistance cap in 2 years, having equal resistance would mean not being optimized for the content.

Point being, if a tank wanted to be optimized for the content (s)he will make changes based on the trial and resistance would change for the expected damage, especially the higher damage that cannot be avoided.

So just asking.

@idk
    Because I do not want to constantly be changing, I never have, nor will I. And from the response I have been getting on this thread and other place many agree with me. A lot of people keep saying that as a end game player you need to swap all of your stuff for every encounter or trial, but it seems a lot less people actually do it than we are supposedly lead to believe.

For example I want to be able to do vAA and vHRC back to back without having to change anything. I want to be able to go into vHoF and be protected against both all the physical damage but also the shock damage. As well, in PvP you never know what to expect, you can be facing whatever, or all at the same time. This is more than just tanking at this point, and will be more widespread as I go along building it.

I expect a lot would like one build for everything but again I am really talking about top tanks, not the masses. Based on your posts I have taken it you are a very experienced tank and as such just figured you would be running with one of the top raid groups on whichever server you are on. I have never heard any worrying about resistance to much. They tend to wear what they raid leader desires.

But hey, more power to you. Good luck.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to ask why?

Why would a tank want equal physical and spell resistance?

If we are talking high end trial tanking, which iirc most top tanks have not built for the resistance cap in 2 years, having equal resistance would mean not being optimized for the content.

Point being, if a tank wanted to be optimized for the content (s)he will make changes based on the trial and resistance would change for the expected damage, especially the higher damage that cannot be avoided.

So just asking.

@idk
    Because I do not want to constantly be changing, I never have, nor will I. And from the response I have been getting on this thread and other place many agree with me. A lot of people keep saying that as a end game player you need to swap all of your stuff for every encounter or trial, but it seems a lot less people actually do it than we are supposedly lead to believe.

For example I want to be able to do vAA and vHRC back to back without having to change anything. I want to be able to go into vHoF and be protected against both all the physical damage but also the shock damage. As well, in PvP you never know what to expect, you can be facing whatever, or all at the same time. This is more than just tanking at this point, and will be more widespread as I go along building it.

I expect a lot would like one build for everything but again I am really talking about top tanks, not the masses. Based on your posts I have taken it you are a very experienced tank and as such just figured you would be running with one of the top raid groups on whichever server you are on. I have never heard any worrying about resistance to much. They tend to wear what they raid leader desires.

But hey, more power to you. Good luck.

I never said I wanted only resistance to be the same, and I am not putting that much weight on resistance nor am I looking to get to the cap, I intent to maximize mitigation across as many types of damage sources as I can.
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I want to be able to go into vHoF and be protected against both all the physical damage but also the shock damage...

I realize you just said you wouldn't want to swap stuff out constantly however would you consider/recommend running Bahraha's curse in vHoF for the trap damage?
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...I want to be able to go into vHoF and be protected against both all the physical damage but also the shock damage...

I realize you just said you wouldn't want to swap stuff out constantly however would you consider/recommend running Bahraha's curse in vHoF for the trap damage?

Even through the mobs and trap sections I would rather have other sets for mitigation against the mobs rather than the traps. The Traps are not that big of a problem in my opinion.
    Options
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even through the mobs and trap sections I would rather have other sets for mitigation against the mobs rather than the traps. The Traps are not that big of a problem in my opinion.

Did you count the environmental traps in some of the maelstrom arena rooms.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you considering adding the jewlry enchantments for resistances?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

I am gonna include that when I get to it yes. Though since I am currently lacking Summerset I will have to look for alternative ways to get all the values. Need not only the values of the enchantments in different qualities but how strong they are with different quality Infused as well as the resistance trait in its different qualities.

And I know, sucks I don't have summer set, but money is tight atm so will have to wait a bit longer still on that.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »

Did you count the environmental traps in some of the maelstrom arena rooms.

No, but this question was specifically aimed at Halls of Fabrication. Never bothered with Baharas but if I were to add it in it would be much later.
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am gonna include that when I get to it yes. Though since I am currently lacking Summerset I will have to look for alternative ways to get all the values. Need not only the values of the enchantments in different qualities but how strong they are with different quality Infused as well as the resistance trait in its different qualities.

And I know, sucks I don't have summer set, but money is tight atm so will have to wait a bit longer still on that.

If someone were to provide the information to you, would you want combat metrics parses? Another format? I can't do maths that well, but I can craft on the PTS and then have one account deal damage to the other account.

The question about Bahraha's was only a matter of curiosity, I didn't intend for it to seem like a request to include it in the calculator.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If someone were to provide the information to you, would you want combat metrics parses? Another format? I can't do maths that well, but I can craft on the PTS and then have one account deal damage to the other account.

The question about Bahraha's was only a matter of curiosity, I didn't intend for it to seem like a request to include it in the calculator.

Well basically what I need is a spread sheet with all the different variations of the enchantments and traits and their respective combinations. Which is a lot of data. I only count with CP160 items but I am wanting to include every thing from Normal up to Legendary.

So its the values of all the CP 160 resistance enchantments on their own and then how much stronger they get with everything from a white ranked ring to a gold one, and same with the resistance trait. But I am not gonna ask anyone to do it, not expecting anyone to do it, its a lot of work and don't want to seem like I am pawning off burdens

And I did not see your question as a request, more about what Alpha Lupi wrote.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cp160
    protective trait
    protective
    white 1624 resistance
    green 1684 resistance
    blue 1744 resistance
    purple 1784 resistance
    gold 1844 resistance
    spell/phys glyph
    normal spell/phys
    white 713
    green 744
    blue 805
    purple 856
    gold 927

infused spell/phys prot white 24%
    white 884
    green 922
    blue 998
    purple 1061
    gold 1149

infused spell/phys prot green 33%
    white 948
    green 989
    blue 1070
    purple 1138
    gold 1232

infused spell/phys prot blue 42%
    white 1012
    green 1056
    blue 1143
    purple 1215
    gold 1316

infused spell/phys prot purple 51%
    white 1076
    green 1123
    blue 1215
    purple 1292
    gold 1399

infused spell/phys prot gold 60%
    white 1140
    green 1190
    blue 1288
    purple 1369
    gold 1483
    elemental res glyph
    normal elemental
    white 2708
    green 2857
    blue 3095
    purple 3250
    gold 3520

infused elemtal prot white 24%
    white 3357
    green 3542
    blue 3837
    purple 4030
    gold 4364

infused elemtal prot green 33%
    white 3601
    green 3799
    blue 4116
    purple 4322
    gold 4681

infused elemtal prot purple blue 42%
    white 3845
    green 4056
    blue 4394
    purple 4615
    gold 4998

infused elemtal prot purple 51%
    white 4089
    green 4314
    blue 4673
    purple 4907
    gold 5315

infused elemtal prot gold 60%
    white 4332
    green 4571
    blue 4952
    purple 5200
    gold 5632

Edited by Yakidafi on August 11, 2018 12:13AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Yakidafi

You are fricking awesome, not only did you make me the list of exactly what I needed to add Jewelry and Enchantments into the calculator you went out of your way and bought me Summerset. I cannot thank you enough for that. I really want to thank you for this amazing gift and I will use it well to continue working on this and other things to help the community as I do, theory crafting and such.

It really blew me away this morning when I saw the gift. I guess this is how some youtubers feel like when they start out and stuff :tongue:

Thank you and everyone else that supports my projects. Hope that in time I can do some more stuff like this. But obviously need to finish this one. This has surely given me more energy and motivation to finish it.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://jscalc.io/calc/3OJGVPl8vmhIsek3

OK! Finally an update, I have now added Jewelry and Enchantments, all of it, into the calculator. I am not done with Armor yet so if you click on the armor piece options nothing will happen. But it will soon, just got to get my spread sheet done of all the armor resistance values of each piece on each type, with or without reinforced. Nirnhoned is easier cause its a set value based on the quality. Either way. I will finish the Armor thing next, then add weapons for its traits as well as shields. Once I am done with that I will have think of what to add next. Suggestions are welcomed.

Will also put the newest one in the OP as always. Also gonna edit Title to better reflect what this has become.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could give more insight, but this looks well done.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK! Finally an update, I have now added Jewelry and Enchantments, all of it, into the calculator. I am not done with Armor yet so if you click on the armor piece options nothing will happen. But it will soon, just got to get my spread sheet done of all the armor resistance values of each piece on each type, with or without reinforced. Nirnhoned is easier cause its a set value based on the quality. Either way. I will finish the Armor thing next, then add weapons for its traits as well as shields. Once I am done with that I will have think of what to add next. Suggestions are welcomed.

Will also put the newest one in the OP as always. Also gonna edit Title to better reflect what this has become.

found a little bug.

Turning on empowering sweeps turns off all the percentages in the table on the right.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Minno

thanks man, was missing an "s" somewhere. Here is updated version with said "s"

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

thanks man, was missing an "s" somewhere. Here is updated version with said "s"

That looks like it worked!

Thanks!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is amazing, thanks for all the work you're doing
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps

Ironclad 19% is 51cp not 52cp - not sure if thick skin is too but logic would dictate it was.

Someone also asked if mitigation was rounded or not. Fighting a mudcrab, each consecutive point in heavy armour focus reduced the damage taken by 1 (tested with 4 points in a row) From that I'd say it wasn't rounded.

And using this tool, made me realise how efficient quick recovery actually is, especially when you consider it 'works' for any time of damage.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    @paulsimonps

Ironclad 19% is 51cp not 52cp - not sure if thick skin is too but logic would dictate it was.

Someone also asked if mitigation was rounded or not. Fighting a mudcrab, each consecutive point in heavy armour focus reduced the damage taken by 1 (tested with 4 points in a row) From that I'd say it wasn't rounded.

And using this tool, made me realise how efficient quick recovery actually is, especially when you consider it 'works' for any time of damage.

@aeowulf
    Sadly it's not 51p tested it myself very recently. In short, it lies, it's not the only whole percent that doesn't actually give what it says, but it is the most obvious when tested.
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps

@aeowulf
    Sadly it's not 51p tested it myself very recently. In short, it lies, it's not the only whole percent that doesn't actually give what it says, but it is the most obvious when tested.

wow :( Thanks for the info. It's a very learning game! what are the others? anything that ends exactly in .00?
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps

@aeowulf

wow :( Thanks for the info. It's a very learning game! what are the others? anything that ends exactly in .00?

Don't remember them all but some work some don't and most of them were low number percentages that 99 percent of people skip anyway
    Options