The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The sub-50 queue needs to be changed into the sub-CP160 queue

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Whenever I see a sub-CP160 in a random BG group that I'm in, they, without fail, get destroyed in the match.
  1. The real max level isn't 50. It's CP160. Because that's the max level for gear and for consumables. It's not a matter of gear stats (since sub-160 gear gets scaled up), but one of access. Good luck trying to find a jewelry set for sale at CP100. And people are not going to invest the time to farm gear pieces; if a sub-160 were to farm Crypt of Hearts for a CP100 set of Lich, they'll probably be CP160 by the time they get all the pieces (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea).
  2. Low CP players are the true newbies. That level 20 you see in a BG might actually belong to someone with 1200 CP and years of experience in the game. But the CP 20 that you see in a BG is almost always an actual new player. Since CP is account-wide, once you've gotten past 160, you'll never have a sub-160 character again, and with how quickly the first couple hundred CP are acquired, thanks to the catchup mechanism and the initial 4.8mln enlightenment, sub-160 players simply couldn't have had much total play time.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler I saw this in zone chat the other day--new players complaining about how jolting it was to go from sub-50 BGs to vet BGs. And I see it in the matches that I get--sub-160 players are nothing more than cannon fodder; they are either baggage or easy pickings.

In short: Sub-CP160 players don't belong in the vet BG queue. It's not fair for them and not fun for us. They should be queued with the sub-50 players.
Edited by code65536 on July 21, 2018 9:53AM
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100%. My biggest worry is when I see someone sub 160 cp on my team since it means that they're both inexperienced, have poor gear, and more than likely little access to skills/passives of multiple/diverse skill lines. They'd fit in much better with the sub 50 queue.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it would be short-term and uneffective (because in novet their stats are fcked but good gear still not awailable) decision to just disallow 10-160cp players take part in battlegrounds.
    They should remove 160 cp cap for gear from the game in general.

Items of 10-150 cp simply should not exist in the game.
    They have no any value after appearing champion system in eso.
    I mean, person got 50 lvl and then what?
    He's stucked in nowhere until 160 cp reached - he can't collect right items, or materials for crafting end game gear, he can't practice builds, its just questing or grinding until he will have access to this.
    What's point of this?
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Am I wrong? Or u planning to up this cap in the future? (I can predict 50%+ of population will left the game in such case, because of absolutly not aggree to farm maelstroms, master's and another sets after. it's worst desision u can do for eso. very hope, u don't plan such thing)

Good way - to convert all current 160-10 cp gear into simply 50 vet for everyone, it's fair, shorter materials database, less barrier between new and old players. With current 160cp stats for gear i guess to not invent bicycle again. Everyone happy.
    Edited by Anethum on July 23, 2018 12:00AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wholly agree. This was my latest BG match, and 2 of my teammates were under CP 160...
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/321044770610872320/470423251420446721/image.jpg
    EDIT: You don't want to see the Deathmatch versions, with RNG sub-par <CP160 teammates.

Note the "ty for carry" from the sub-CP160 player in the chat-log at the end. Lol. XD
    I have 9 characters, I go for the daily BG win on all 9, almost every day.
    Literally 2/3rds of my BG matches are with teammates who are under CP 160.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please put CP 1-160 players with the under-50 queue.
    Call it the <160 BG Queue and the >160 BG Queue. Actually, that might get confusing for some individuals; so call it the CP160- and CP160+ BG Queue.
    Problem solved. :blush:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on July 22, 2018 3:36AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think really they just need to a better job of sorting people. I have been in so many lopsided BGs the last few weeks i almost quit doing them completely. You have one team with 450 points, another with less than 100 and the third with 0-50.

Ive been in BGs where someone with snipe was hitting for 14k damage. Overload light attacks hitting for 10-14k. Its just ridiculous now. even if you are in full impen gear those are ridiculous numbers. PVP is a complete mess in this game and probably the most out of balance pvp in any game i can think of.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this idea. CP10-CP160 players are generally as clueless as less than level 50 players both parties would benefit from this change.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 22, 2018 3:54AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp