The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Wings is OP. /s | A way to improve wings, whilst giving adequate counterplay. [Updated]

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When one class makes use of one skill over and over in a fight the skill is too OP and shoulf be nerfed!

This is the case with wings.

Cut the nonsense and nerf it already.
    Edited by marius_buys on January 15, 2019 2:16PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When one class makes use of one skill over and over in a fight the skill is too OP and shoulf be nerfed!

So nerf cloak (again), empowered/hardened ward (again... because Sorcs still use it over and over in fights), shimmering shield, and breath of life (again).

Keep nerfing the things that allow classes to survive against multiple attackers?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BRB time to nerf all spammables because players obviously use them too much.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they should nerf the cost of this. Should be 5-6k. It's very powerful as DKs are already very hard to kill.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭

So nerf cloak (again), empowered/hardened ward (again... because Sorcs still use it over and over in fights), shimmering shield, and breath of life (again).

Keep nerfing the things that allow classes to survive against multiple attackers?

Right..... because the only time people use it is when they are being attack by mulitple attackers...they NEVER use it 1 v 1 where it can give them an almost impossible advantage. Poor wittle dwangonknight. lol. You say NB, sorcs and Templars got nerfed but you think DK should get a pass? nah. It's a nerf not removing it from the game so that it's used at a reasonable rate.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sooo to sum this thread up ...
    this is now a #nerfcloak thread.

didnt expect that one huh?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings base: Deflects any direct damage from 15m+ for 4s. This doesn't reflect anymore on base, and like cloak, it has no projectile limit.

I think this kind of mechanic would be better as a base skill up the base duration to 6s, where one morph deflects and removes roots/snares and the other reflects and returns Magicka. I think you could even reduce the radius to reflect everything outside 12m.

Infinite reflect but only long range attacks, force range build to fight in melee which gives the mag DK an inherent advantage, but doesn't make a DK immune to projectiles in a 1v1.

I think this skill really could use a hop mechanic or a speed boost. Would be really fun and fit the class aesthetic.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    sooo to sum this thread up ...
    this is now a #nerfcloak thread.

didnt expect that one huh?

Nerc sorc, they're still streaking around massacring everyone! :trollface:
    Edited by Minalan on February 15, 2019 8:18PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Icky wrote: »
    Ive been seeing wings all over Cyrodiil lately. Normally when you see an overabundance of something in an mmorpg its because its op

Stop necroing old threads for an ability that’s barely a shade of what it used to be. Let me guess, you’re a nightblade? If we’re balancing on over abundance, your class needs extreme nerfs, because half of cyrodiil is sitting in stealth trying to snipe people.

Wouldn't have to necro if the broken mechanic of reflective all projectiles with no counter play was addressed.

Well, if you're going off of this mentality- then cloak is 100% OP. I see a ton of it in Cyrodiil.

That's b/c of the type of player that plays a NB ... they would still run it if everytime they use cloak a kid would die.
    Edited by Galarthor on February 15, 2019 8:20PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to wings lies less in wings themselves, but the toolkit of the other classes. For example, allowing sorcs to run Force Pulse again by making Rune Cage viable again would pretty much solve the issue on the sorcs end without making wings completely useless.

There is no question, as they currently are they are OP against sorcs given their tool kit - anybody that says curse + execute are enough is either clueless or a troll. However, nerfing Wings to reflect less abilities is dangerous as it runs the risk of making wings objectively borderline useless. However, enabling sorcs to run Force Pulse gives sorcs a way to put some pressure on DKs, while at the same time preventing the burst combo by reflecting CFrag and light attacks.

They only thing that should potentially be changed about wings is the damage increase to reflected projectiles.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reflections are OP. Solution is simple, add a pvp specific rule like there is for other mechanics. In pvp reflections negate enemy projectiles instead of reflecting them. Done, problem solved.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Reflections are OP. Solution is simple, add a pvp specific rule like there is for other mechanics. In pvp reflections negate enemy projectiles instead of reflecting them. Done, problem solved.

No it's not, b/c projectile-based builds will still be completely unable to kill DKs with wings - they are just taking less damage. But they are still taking the full damage from the DK, and can thus be killed by the DK.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    imo Reflective plate needs to be 4 sec snare/root immunity + minor heroism but WITHOUT reflecting (similair to shimmering shield), and Dragonfire scales the morph that reflects 4 projectiles with added dmg on the reflected projectile.
    Make people choose, mobility or reflect NOT BOTH
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    That's b/c of the type of player that plays a NB ... they would still run it if everytime they use cloak a kid would die.

Depends on the kid.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making sure this stays on frontpage :)
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 projectiles for 6 seconds with THAT cost in magicka? 2 seconds snare immunity? OP?

I main MagDk and in Bright Throats Alt Mastery I can spam wings. 1vX wings still comes down because it’s ONLY 4 projectiles. You can’t hit the button fast enough to get it back up in time vs a Zerg.

1v1 it’s great vs a bow tard. But not everything is a projectile. Wings doesn’t make a DK unkillable. Is a great counter to strictly range players. But not an op skill. Close and fight melee. Every class has SOME kind of weakness. To be truly great learn those weaknesses and exploit them. Begging ZOS for nerfs is not the road to “being good.”