Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggest about Vykosa Monster Set

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
I think the way this set proc is the thing that make it useless. If you can time the proc right before some heavy damage mechanic like vMoL 1st boss shield phase, then this set will see some niche use. But since tank have to taunt whenever it goes off, you cannot time it. Maybe change the way you proc it to "when you bash a target with minor maim you upgrade it to major maim for 5s, 15s cooldown". Hopefully alone with other changes (like a 3 targets 360 degree burst heal without pet, but that's for another topic) we can see more non templar healer because now group will not relying too much on Nova for Major maim anymore.
Edited by TheDarkShadow on July 15, 2018 4:03AM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change it to bash and staff users can't use it in PvP
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    It could if the player used a gap closer or just bash at the Target... Great suggestion... The way at it is made the set worthless.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it supposed to proc right after you taunt though, like Tremorscale?

I tried it in PTS and it worked fine for me. Don't really see what the problem is here.

Right before a boss's heavy attack, taunt them and voila. Of course, that assumes you know the mechanics and can time your attacks right.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but the set have 15s cooldown so if you taunt the boss at the beginning, you have to wait at least 15s for major maim. Usually 20s+ because taunt run out every 12s so you have to re apply the taunt before Vykosa off cooldown. You might proc the set when you don't need it because you HAVE to taunt the boss and it will still on cooldown when you need it the most.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it supposed to proc right after you taunt though, like Tremorscale?

I tried it in PTS and it worked fine for me. Don't really see what the problem is here.

Right before a boss's heavy attack, taunt them and voila. Of course, that assumes you know the mechanics and can time your attacks right.

Its got a pretty large cooldown and you have to keep the boss taunted. Maybe someone could make a timer addon for pc that could semi allow you to set it up with some luck but console for sure SOL.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Vykosa procs on players when hitting them with a taunt?

Players can't actually be taunted, but if it still triggers the set this could be useful for mitigating those big hits in PvP.
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would be a heavy attack thing, then MAYBE two healers could use it in trials to major maim the boss
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would be a heavy attack thing, then MAYBE two healers could use it in trials to major maim the boss

It couldn't be a healer thing then because the "howl" effect is melee range. ...Unless of course, they change the mechanics of it altogether.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.