The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Here we go again.... SLOADS

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we gotta bring this up again, It needs to not stack and have a longer cooldown.

Great you fixed it breaking cloak... Happy nbs.... What about sorcs? It needs an extended cooldown to give healing ward a chance to keep up with it

For stacking this seems obvious, unmitigated damage shouldn't stack

A 15% dmg reduction is useless, that shaves like 130 dmg off ea tic....

Why should it not stack? Every other damage set in the game stacks...Sorry, ZOS needs to be consistent.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Unfortunately we gotta bring this up again, It needs to not stack and have a longer cooldown.

Great you fixed it breaking cloak... Happy nbs.... What about sorcs? It needs an extended cooldown to give healing ward a chance to keep up with it

Why should it not stack? Every other damage set in the game stacks...Sorry, ZOS needs to be consistent.

Some sets don't stack. Some sets only refreshes duration. And even if they all stack because of some undocumented changes or so, they DO NOT ignore all defenses ranging from simple click of a button to CPs and Battle Spirit. By that logic, why should it not break Cloak if it bypasses all defense?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: just removed the quote since my browser keeps pasting it in automatically.

Anyway,

What sets refresh duration instead of stacking on a player when damage is coming from multiple people? Please tell me so I can see it for myself and complain to ZOS. Need some consistency after all.
    Edited by Kadoin on July 12, 2018 5:36AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running solo is just a frustrating experience at the moment. You can’t walk 3 steps without having 3 Sload procs on you. As it procs on range and on and all and every damage you don’t even have to be outnumbered - one or two random light attacks are enough to add 15k unmitigated damage. I just don’t see what the laughable 15% damage nerf would change about that. It’s a case of gross misunderstanding of the problem.
    Edited by Feanor on July 12, 2018 8:26AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Sorcs get to stack 3 shields.
    What about sorcs, exactly?
    Sorcs aren't gonna be happy unless nothing can touch them, I guess.
    I often play sorc, and I think this is getting to the point of absurdity.
    Don't want damage to stack, but have no issue with shields stacking?
    This *** has hit a new low...

Those 3 shields are useless when you have 3+ sload dots on you which is always the case when fighting in an open world scenario.

Sloads/ knightslayer/ shield breaker/ damage health is literally all I see on my death recap these days.

lol !

Of course its all you see !

Nothing else can kill a sorc !

I very often play sorc in BG so I can tell this class is a scandal and must be nerfed into the ground !
    Edited by Vanzen on July 12, 2018 8:21AM
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc easy mode, deal with it
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

Those 3 shields are useless when you have 3+ sload dots on you which is always the case when fighting in an open world scenario.

Sloads/ knightslayer/ shield breaker/ damage health is literally all I see on my death recap these days.

lol !

Of course its all you see !

Nothing else can kill a sorc !

I very often play sorc in BG so I can tell this class is a scandal and must be nerfed into the ground !

Nothing can beat a Sorc in noCP? That speaks more about the skill level of the opposition than the strength of the class.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile the DKs and wardens are sitting here getting *** by sloads AND bleeds.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't know how Oblivion damage works do you? If anything, it should keep on breaking Cloak for the consistency's sake. Because Oblivion damage is irresistable, true damage that isn't mitigatable. And NBs are the only ones that gets to mitigate it now. You see why your 'have 3 shields' argument is flawed now? Hint: Shields do nothing to stop the Oblivion damage that stacks.

Of course I do. So there's 3 sets that can break a sorcs shields (shield breaker, knights, and sloads). Aside from enchants you are not touchable as long as you can sustain shields.
    These sets are a counter to your shield stacking defending self. Get it? A counter...
    And damage stacks in this game. PvP would be stupid as hell if only one players damage counted...what good would sets be?
    Face it, you shield stackers hate sloads and oblivion damage because it can touch you. That's why it's ridiculous to defend shield stacking and try to talk about stacking damage as something that needs eradicated.
    Get it now?
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play a sorc and never stacked shields until sloads came out. Now I do and I know several other sorcs who increased their shielding, too, to block more non-oblivion damage while sload ticks. If that set was really designed to counter shield-stacking sorcs, it enforced the exact opposite.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

because it oblivion dmg and treating oblivion dmg like regular dmg is how we arrived at this problem
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because it oblivion dmg and treating oblivion dmg like regular dmg is how we arrived at this problem

Actually how the game arrived at the problem is badly designed mechanics like ridiculous amounts of block uptime, non-critable stackable shields that scale and sustain from the same resource you want for offense, etc. So they threw another badly dedigned band-aid (oblivion damage) to counter this braindead cheese.

You see the same band-aids with the amount of skills that are now unblockable and undodgeable, all because the base mechanics allow skilless cheese like endless dodging or blocking.

So you have a game that is basically a mess.
    Edited by Sylosi on July 12, 2018 8:33PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: just removed the quote since my browser keeps pasting it in automatically.

Anyway,

What sets refresh duration instead of stacking on a player when damage is coming from multiple people? Please tell me so I can see it for myself and complain to ZOS. Need some consistency after all.

I do believe that Viper and Sheer Venom sets didn't stack. I can't remember because it's been a while since I have used any procsets other than Skoria on my DK and Templar. Could be wrong today though.

You don't know how Oblivion damage works do you? If anything, it should keep on breaking Cloak for the consistency's sake. Because Oblivion damage is irresistable, true damage that isn't mitigatable. And NBs are the only ones that gets to mitigate it now. You see why your 'have 3 shields' argument is flawed now? Hint: Shields do nothing to stop the Oblivion damage that stacks.

Of course I do. So there's 3 sets that can break a sorcs shields (shield breaker, knights, and sloads). Aside from enchants you are not touchable as long as you can sustain shields.
    These sets are a counter to your shield stacking defending self. Get it? A counter...
    And damage stacks in this game. PvP would be stupid as hell if only one players damage counted...what good would sets be?
    Face it, you shield stackers hate sloads and oblivion damage because it can touch you. That's why it's ridiculous to defend shield stacking and try to talk about stacking damage as something that needs eradicated.
    Get it now?

Same can be said for Cloak. Aside from Sload's, NBs were virtually untouchable unless the player is really bad. Cloakers hate Sload's because it can touch them. Only difference is that devs do favor NB over any other classes and they are now the only class that can mitigate all forms of damage with a single click of a button and avoid detection even easier.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get it now?

well said.
    all truth.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway,

I do believe that Viper and Sheer Venom sets didn't stack. I can't remember because it's been a while since I have used any procsets other than Skoria on my DK and Templar. Could be wrong today though.

Get it now?

Same can be said for Cloak. Aside from Sload's, NBs were virtually untouchable unless the player is really bad. Cloakers hate Sload's because it can touch them. Only difference is that devs do favor NB over any other classes and they are now the only class that can mitigate all forms of damage with a single click of a button and avoid detection even easier.

that's not true.

cloak does no damage to anyone, it is only an escape and a defense.
    no one can die from me going invisible.

shield stacking allows the sorcerer to act as an untouchable TANK and kill people while no one can hurt you.
    people died because you shield stacked, and you are able to continue to attack.

they are completely different.

Edited by Gilvoth on July 12, 2018 11:17PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo sorc. Slot a heal. Sincerely, literally every other class.

yo, we dont have a heal. sincerely sorcs. and the delayed one we have requires are second bar to be a resto

Stam classes use weapon skill heals or vigor. maybe sorcs should use Rapid regen instead of healing ward or Power surge/ lingering health pots if no resto.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

yo, we dont have a heal. sincerely sorcs. and the delayed one we have requires are second bar to be a resto

Stam classes use weapon skill heals or vigor. maybe sorcs should use Rapid regen instead of healing ward or Power surge/ lingering health pots if no resto.

When they 100% hits the caster and do as as much ticks as vigor, then magicka builds will use it. As is, even Healing Ward isn't a guaranteed heal but still provides better heal than lame 600 tick easily eaten by anything.

True, but Mutagen lasts longer, costs less and has a purge and burst heal component. Sloads hits for like 900 a tick so it would still be better than nothing. and Power surge heals for more and give you major sorcery.

Im not disagreeing with you but just point out options as has been pointed out to me... As a stam player ive been told to just purge it, use wyrd tree, use war horn for more max magicka -_-
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on July 13, 2018 1:08AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me devs carefully thought out a way to balance the shielding issue out so the people that spam shields wound the echo chamber up to get them to nerf Sload’s even though it was bugged (procing itself). The shielding needs to be balanced or nerfed.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be a stamsorc, slot vigor.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Power surge heals for more and give you major sorcery.

Power surge heals on crits. Guess which stat is the least useful and most countered in PvP (by trait)? Crit rate.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    On my mag sorc you know what I did to counter Sloads? Slotted mutagen instead of healing ward. And in situations outside of Sloads I am finding mutagen to be far more reliable than than healing ward which can end up on other players when it is most needed. Drop the 3rd shield, run mutagen.

Doubt you can get away with running just 2 wards open world unless u run > 55k ish max mag or running dampen magic.

I have tried mutagen and its HOT heal needs to be doubled to be atleast considered an alternative over healing ward considering major defile is a 100% uptime these days

But but slot heals! D: /s

I felt Power surge is a good heal but pretty much useless to my playstyle. Slotting heals beyond that is giving up too much damage / survivability and have better luck playing some other class.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on July 13, 2018 5:25PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you a sorc? My advice for anyone that wants to kill sorcs, run knight slayer with torugs and an infused fire staff w oblivion glyph. It is sooooo sweet! For stamina builds, run shield breaker bow back bar infused with oblivion enchant and spam light attacks. Personally, I HATE sorcs. I love that their are builds that completely wreck shield stackers. If you need more builds with oblivion damage, let me know! Sloads should stay how it is. Need counters to shield stackers.
    Edited by Hutch679 on July 13, 2018 11:35PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooooo many sorcs everywhere in bgs. I think oblivion damage is 110% necessary.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    The “You lack skill” argument everyone makes is suspiciously lacking from shield spammers, I could easily see it being turned around the other way.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    There should be some kind of damage color for when you’re hitting a shield so we can fix that.
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on August 9, 2018 2:48AM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be some kind of damage color for when you’re hitting a shield so we can fix that.

Ingame damage numbers (no addon) are displayed as:

1000 - normal damage
    (1000) - shielded
    *1000*- blocked
    'dodge' - roll dodge or minor/major evasion
    'miss' - cloak or Blessed Meridia set effect

font color is white for normal hits, yellow(ish) for crits
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use rapid regeneration w/ a vMA staff, it's fairly useful or spam Dark Conversion.. it's not perfect but it works until Healing Ward can pop.

Yeah we definitely get a self heal that can't be interrupted when immovable. More Sorc's should use it.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    On my mag sorc you know what I did to counter Sloads? Slotted mutagen instead of healing ward. And in situations outside of Sloads I am finding mutagen to be far more reliable than than healing ward which can end up on other players when it is most needed. Drop the 3rd shield, run mutagen.

Doubt you can get away with running just 2 wards open world unless u run > 55k ish max mag or running dampen magic.

I have tried mutagen and its HOT heal needs to be doubled to be atleast considered an alternative over healing ward considering major defile is a 100% uptime these days

Major defile is getting nerfed, Rapid Regen will be strong.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about sorcs?

use dark conversion. its better than any healing ability except resto staff ult. in bgs my sorc has about 16k of stamina, 1000 stamina reg and two well-fitted pieces of armor. it feels good to me
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not possible to get free kills with this, or any other set for that matter. Please stop running crafting even more into the ground, thanks.
    Edited by Kelces on August 9, 2018 6:34PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!