The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Here we go again.... SLOADS

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Unfortunately we gotta bring this up again, It needs to not stack and have a longer cooldown.

Great you fixed it breaking cloak... Happy nbs.... What about sorcs? It needs an extended cooldown to give healing ward a chance to keep up with it

For stacking this seems obvious, unmitigated damage shouldn't stack

A 15% dmg reduction is useless, that shaves like 130 dmg off ea tic....
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Might be best if you posted in the PTS forum, where they deal with PTS issues.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs get to stack 3 shields.
    What about sorcs, exactly?
    Sorcs aren't gonna be happy unless nothing can touch them, I guess.
    I often play sorc, and I think this is getting to the point of absurdity.
    Don't want damage to stack, but have no issue with shields stacking?
    This *** has hit a new low...
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KraziJoe wrote: »
    Might be best if you posted in the PTS forum, where they deal with PTS issues.

good idea
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

Again, I'll say: speak for yourself. I slot exactly one shield, the regen sorcs one, and none other. I don't use a resto staff either. I don't use sloads either, and yet, I am 1st or 2nd in kills (or assists, if I'm getting kills ripped by other sorcs/NB, because I don't spam my execute) every BG with very few exceptions.

I can't imagine what trouble you'd have with someone who was actually GOOD because I'm not.

I'm just better than those I face.
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    Yo sorc. Slot a heal. Sincerely, literally every other class.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I don't use Sloads and I don't have a problem in PVP with Sloads on any class. But not allowing it to stack sets a bad precedent for sets and skills. Should Viper stack? Sheer Venom? Other sets that puts DOTs on opponents? BSW? Yes, they should all stack. What about skills? Poison injection? Embers? Rending Slash? Cripple? Yes. Because another random ally player in Cyrodil should not be able to negate an entire set or skill that someone else is using.

And I mention skills stacking because 5 players stacking Rending Slash and bleeds or poison injection on you will kill you just as much as 5 players running sloads. If not faster.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yo sorc. Slot a heal. Sincerely, literally every other class.

yo, we dont have a heal. sincerely sorcs. and the delayed one we have requires are second bar to be a resto
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the first three bullet points in the Sload nerf paragraph were illustrating the same point three different ways lol. Any half decent player could have told them it was the insanely easy proc condition and the stacking that makes it OP. I’ve no faith whatsoever in ZOS combat team anymore. The rune cage and Sloads nerf can be attributed to one of two things. Either outright ignorance of PvP combat or an unwillingness to improve the quality of combat, for what reason we’ll never know.
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    Use rapid regeneration w/ a vMA staff, it's fairly useful or spam Dark Conversion.. it's not perfect but it works until Healing Ward can pop.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't know how Oblivion damage works do you? If anything, it should keep on breaking Cloak for the consistency's sake. Because Oblivion damage is irresistable, true damage that isn't mitigatable. And NBs are the only ones that gets to mitigate it now. You see why your 'have 3 shields' argument is flawed now? Hint: Shields do nothing to stop the Oblivion damage that stacks.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Again, I'll say: speak for yourself. I slot exactly one shield, the regen sorcs one, and none other. I don't use a resto staff either. I don't use sloads either, and yet, I am 1st or 2nd in kills (or assists, if I'm getting kills ripped by other sorcs/NB, because I don't spam my execute) every BG with very few exceptions.

I can't imagine what trouble you'd have with someone who was actually GOOD because I'm not.

I'm just better than those I face.

So you want the game adjusted to your situation... not whats possible, right? If your sorc can’t survive through 800 dmg a tick, you have other issues to focus on
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

You don't know how Oblivion damage works do you? If anything, it should keep on breaking Cloak for the consistency's sake. Because Oblivion damage is irresistable, true damage that isn't mitigatable. And NBs are the only ones that gets to mitigate it now. You see why your 'have 3 shields' argument is flawed now? Hint: Shields do nothing to stop the Oblivion damage that stacks.

Do we know if cloak prevents damage? The patch notes simply state it won’t pull us out of cloak, not that it won’t damage us. I haven’t been on the PTS yet to test this
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres nothing wrong with sloads stacking.
    everything can be stacked. even light attacks, if multiple people are attacking you then it will stack, that cant be stopped and it should Not be stopped.
    people want god mode enabled where they can fight groups of people and win, and thier asking the devs to support it.
    i hope the devs Do Not allow what these guys are asking for.
    make pvp normal so all of us can have fun and we all have equal strengths and weaknesses, not just a few strong elite and the rest entire population weak and unable to fight them.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those 3 shields are useless when you have 3+ sload dots on you which is always the case when fighting in an open world scenario.

Sloads/ knightslayer/ shield breaker/ damage health is literally all I see on my death recap these days.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my mag sorc you know what I did to counter Sloads? Slotted mutagen instead of healing ward. And in situations outside of Sloads I am finding mutagen to be far more reliable than than healing ward which can end up on other players when it is most needed. Drop the 3rd shield, run mutagen.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads/ knightslayer/ shield breaker/ damage health is literally all I see on my death recap these days.

as soon as the WareWolf patch hits your death caps will all read ware wolf attacks.
    every patch is new things that people use.
    sloads is just the most recent thing.

you are trying to stop people from using newly released hot off the press armor, or skill, or weapon.
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge difference in stacking shields, and stacking unmit. Damage to the point where it could be 30k over 6 seconds. Especially for a class that already has horrible self healing. If you can’t break a sorcs shields just accept the fact either A - you’re bad. B - it’s a good Sorc. Or C - Both A and B.
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything can be stacked. even light attacks, if multiple people are attacking you then it will stack, that cant be stopped and it should Not be stopped.
    people want god mode enabled where they can fight groups of people and win, and thier asking the devs to support it.
    make pvp normal so all of us can have fun and we all have equal strengths and weaknesses, not just a few strong elite and the rest entire population weak and unable to fight them.

11/10 you’re a zergling that often gets 1vX. Huge difference in “stacking” 1k light attack’s which can also be reduced based on stats, to stacking unmit. Damage that can’t be reduced no matter the CP, armor stats etc and can be like 30k+ in 6 seconds.

L2P
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »

11/10 you’re a zergling that often gets 1vX. Huge difference in “stacking” 1k light attack’s which can also be reduced based on stats, to stacking unmit. Damage that can’t be reduced no matter the CP, armor stats etc and can be like 30k+ in 6 seconds.

L2P

i have never even once died from sloads.
    you are telling "me" to learn to play, yet, "you" are the one asking for a nerf?

here's the deal, even if you personally removed sloads from the game, people are still going to stack up on you with another armor type or weapon type or even light attack type and kill you because that's what happens when multiple people are all attacking you.
    has nothing to do with the set, the problem is you are trying to solo fight multiple people and dying from them, and you want that stopped, so you are trying to nerf an armor set when infact it has nothing to do with that armor set.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge difference in stacking shields, and stacking unmit. Damage to the point where it could be 30k over 6 seconds. Especially for a class that already has horrible self healing. If you can’t break a sorcs shields just accept the fact either A - you’re bad. B - it’s a good Sorc. Or C - Both A and B.

Just to put things into perspective: 30K stacked damage of sloads over 6 seconds is about 6 players running sloads attacking you all at the same time. That 30K damage is fixed though, it cannot be buffed in anyway.

Now take those same 6 players running a poison dot ability like Sheer Venom or Viper with a poison boosting set like Swamp Raider. One poison injection (Sheer Venom) or 1 melee attack (Viper) from each of them will proc a dot that is even stronger than Sloads from all 6 of them. A dot that will do at least 1K damage after mitigation per second. So in that same 6 seconds from 6 players you will be taking at least 36K damage after mitigation.

And if you are a sorc or a shield user, 6 players beating on your shield is going to kill you anyways because shields cannot handle that.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc I slot efficient purge on my overload bar so I can spam it when needed. As a stage 4 vampire if I ever feel like I'm being overwhelmed by multiple players I pop an Increase Movement Speed/Vanish potion and sneak away. Thankfully even if sloads is still on me I can stealth away with my pot, since sloads will no longer remove invisibility.

Although I would prefer for sloads not to stack there are lot of damage types in this game that stack. Not every battle is supposed to be winnable especially when you're up against multiple players.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Just to put things into perspective: 30K stacked damage of sloads over 6 seconds is about 6 players running sloads attacking you all at the same time. That 30K damage is fixed though, it cannot be buffed in anyway.

Now take those same 6 players running a poison dot ability like Sheer Venom or Viper with a poison boosting set like Swamp Raider. One poison injection (Sheer Venom) or 1 melee attack (Viper) from each of them will proc a dot that is even stronger than Sloads from all 6 of them. A dot that will do at least 1K damage after mitigation per second. So in that same 6 seconds from 6 players you will be taking at least 36K damage after mitigation.

And if you are a sorc or a shield user, 6 players beating on your shield is going to kill you anyways because shields cannot handle that.

1. no one is running sheer venom and swamp or sheer and viper. if they are you should be able to kill them in 1v1. if you cant go play something else. also sheer AND viper do about 400-480 dps after cp and resistances (tested in cyro with medium armor build with ~13k resistances+CP and I think stamplar passives. I had 4.4k wpn damage.
    2. also sheer takes about 1 second to actually proc. and its hard to keep up at all time unless you shoot more PIs than you should.
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭

All players have equal opportunity to become 'elite' its not the games fault you dont want to learn how.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    As a sorc I slot efficient purge on my overload bar so I can spam it when needed. As a stage 4 vampire if I ever feel like I'm being overwhelmed by multiple players I pop an Increase Movement Speed/Vanish potion and sneak away. Thankfully even if sloads is still on me I can stealth away with my pot, since sloads will no longer remove invisibility.

Although I would prefer for sloads not to stack there are lot of damage types in this game that stack. Not every battle is supposed to be winnable especially when you're up against multiple players.

You literally only Xv1 and hold left click with a lightning staff.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On my mag sorc you know what I did to counter Sloads? Slotted mutagen instead of healing ward. And in situations outside of Sloads I am finding mutagen to be far more reliable than than healing ward which can end up on other players when it is most needed. Drop the 3rd shield, run mutagen.

sounds great but mutagen can go to anyone, its not a guaranteed heal
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »
    Artim_X wrote: »

You literally only Xv1 and hold left click with a lightning staff.

*gasp* Now that's a bold faced lie! I'll have you know I heavy attack with the restoration staff as well! Of course, that's besides the point. This discussion is about dealing with sloads as a sorc and whether more nerfs are needed. Now then you're quite the skilled sorc. Do you have any input to add to the topic at hand?
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Do we know if cloak prevents damage? The patch notes simply state it won’t pull us out of cloak, not that it won’t damage us. I haven’t been on the PTS yet to test this

It does mean that Cloak will suppress the damage because when damaged, Cloak will be broken and that is exactly what happened when some of forumblades were complaining that Sload's break Cloak. They could also have followed their own advice and slot heals but no. They insisted that it shouldn't break Cloak and get suppressed by Cloak. And they could also have utilized the same rationalization by acknowledging that they would have died in that situation anyways. But no, they think they should be a snowflake class that mitigates unmitigatable damage completely and call Sload's fine. Sload's should be changed to disease damage instead of Oblivion damage. After all, they are famous for disease creation, not Daedra worshipping cult that opened gates to Oblivion everywhere in Tamriel.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubt you can get away with running just 2 wards open world unless u run > 55k ish max mag or running dampen magic.

I have tried mutagen and its HOT heal needs to be doubled to be atleast considered an alternative over healing ward considering major defile is a 100% uptime these days
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubt you can get away with running just 2 wards open world unless u run > 55k ish max mag or running dampen magic.

I have tried mutagen and its HOT heal needs to be doubled to be atleast considered an alternative over healing ward considering major defile is a 100% uptime these days

But but slot heals! D: /s
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as soon as the WareWolf patch hits your death caps will all read ware wolf attacks.
    every patch is new things that people use.
    sloads is just the most recent thing.

you are trying to stop people from using newly released hot off the press armor, or skill, or weapon.

I am not stopping people from doing anything. I will probably just switch to other classes and move on. I am just stating game mechanics / sets are going through entire class defences without counterplay which means fights are decided before they are started.