The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 19 - Feedback Thread for Moon Hunter Keep

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Moon Hunter Keep. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
  • Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
    Yes and no. I'll elaborate more later.

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    Veteran seems to be comparable with the other DLC dungeons.

Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
    Did not attempt Normal. Completed Veteran. Best attempt on Vet HM was 15%, but everything was a clusterf*** at that point.

What level and build was the character you used?
    Group composition was DK tank, magplar DD/healer, 2x magblade DD. I was a magblade DD.

Boss-specific feedback:

Boss 1, the jailer: Not sure what the mechanics of this fight were. We just dropped our ults, sidestepped some red, and the boss died. But I guess it's just the first boss.

Boss 2, the lurcher: I hate the maze. I see a spriggan shooting healing balls, head in that direction, and get lost. That aspect was more annoying than fun.

Possible bug: The spriggans, even after they are "killed" will keep healing. For example, there was one spriggan that we killed; when we saw it drop the circle, we moved on. When we got back to the boss (which took a while since it was deep in the maze), we saw that it was still sending out healing balls, so we came back to it, and kept whacking it a few more times (even though it was at 1HP the whole time) before it finally did the animation where it withered and fell to the ground. Not sure if that's intended or a bug; hoping that it's just a bug, since it doesn't make much sense if intended.

Boss 3: The mechanics on this boss are a bit more interesting and took a couple of tries to figure out. And while we quickly figured out how to deal with the boss enrage, it still wasn't clear what triggered it.

Possible bug: On our second run-through of the dungeon, we pushed the boss until the first shock warden spawned. We pulled the boss so that he was standing right next to the shock warden. We killed the shock warden, and since the boss was standing next to the shock warden, it meant that the shock circle spawned right on the boss. We then proceeded to drop all ults and burn the boss. We got the achievement for killing the boss without cleansing the enrage, but that doesn't seem right, since the boss was standing in that enrage-cleansing circle for that burn, which had started at around 50%. Is there a bug here?

Boss 4: Our first run through the dungeon, we just dropped everything and killed the boss before anything interesting happened. The symbol mechanic didn't come up at all, and we got that symbol mechanic achievement. And yes, this happened on vet.

Our second run through, we held our DPS so that we could see the mechanics, which were kind of interesting. The part that confused us was when the boss would CC and hold someone in a purple ball. We can't CC-break it. Can't interrupt the boss. Not at all intuitive about what to do about that. Each time it happened, the person just died and we had to rez them. No hints on screen or in the recap.

Boss 5: We cleared this on vet. We reached 15% a couple of times in vet HM, but at that point things were a crazy mess.
    • The mechanics are not intuitive. In particular, it's unclear what causes things to enrage. We've seen times when a chained wolf will reactivate from dormancy enraged. It just seems that, at random, things turn red and start doing lots of damage. In all other content, enragement is a punishment for killing something too slowly or failing a mechanic. Here, enragement is just... a random whim.
    • Our tank complained loudly about the number of CCs and the amount of stam he had to use to constantly break free from them. It does seem that you are increasingly fond of using CC mechanics in endgame PvE, but it's extremely annoying. The excess of CCs, the difficulty of breaking things like fear, etc. are things that most people complain about in PvP. And yet you think this would make for an enjoyable PvE experience? Bah.
    • The stacking of mechanics at the very end in HM feels egregious. For example, I've had at least three deaths were I was standing in the rune during the symbol mechanic while there was another mechanic that I needed to dodge or move in order to avoid. So I could either dodge to avoid that but die to leaving the rune, or I could stay in the rune to survive the symbol mechanic and die to failing to avoid that wolf conal heavy attack.
    • The vet HMs in the previous dungeons felt much more manageable. Scalecaller and Fang Lair had lots of 1-shots, but they could all be avoided with lots of player awareness, nimble movement, and lots of practice. In contrast, vet HM here just feels like a clusterf***. It's not clear why things are enraging. There are lots of CCs going around, and there is just a lot of brute force damage that we have to deal with. And because things happen at boss health %, when we use AoE to clear out the chaotic buildup of adds, we run the risk of pushing the boss and getting more things spawning.
    • In our best attempts, our magplar put on extra health (27K) and slotted a taunt to try to help manage the chaos and try to keep the adds a bit separated from the boss, which helped up until 20%, at which point we just get overwhelmed.
    • I do like that the wolves are clever and actively move out of my ground-placed destro ults. Well, okay, I don't like that they always run out of my destros, but it's nice to see some difficulty that comes from the AI having a bit more common sense. This did lead to some amusing strategies, though. "I can't rez you because this wolf is on me. ... Just drop a destro at your feet to keep it away and then you can get the rez."
    Edited by code65536 on July 10, 2018 8:36AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    @code65536 shock wardens make wolves or the boss enrage when they hit them with a light attack, I think it should encourage you to kill them quickly, but it really doesn't, because need to kill other stuff first before it kills you ^^
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there unique dialogue for werewolf characters? Edit: Apparently not. Please add unique dialogue for npc werewolves as this would add flavor for a werewolf dlc
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 13, 2018 4:05AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the chains on the final boss seem to be nothing more than cosmetic flourish. When you defeat the wolves, they retreat to the wall, and when they reawaken, they have free reign over most of the room. @ZOS_Finn seemed to imply on the ESO+ Live stream that they're somehow significant, but if they do serve any purpose aside from decoration for the wolf dormancy mechanic, that purpose is not evident at all. I call false advertising. :tongue:

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming :)
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn

I recorded our fight, I think we followed all mechanics correctly... except the final 25% :D I guess you need to make the boss immune to damage, so people can't just ignore the final mechanic and execute it in 5 seconds.

https://youtu.be/2b56mQE29IM
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Cyrrius
    Cyrrius
    Soul Shriven
    Overall I found the dungeon enjoyable aside from the final boss HM which we found to be a bit too messy

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    The veteran version seems to be on par with the Dragonbone dungeons. My group was able to skip every boss mechanic by burning through the boss with the only exception being the Lurcher (and final boss) which we managed to get down to 30% before it became "immune".

Veteran. My group spent around 2 hours wiping on the HM, our best attempt got us to around 10%

Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
    Probably the Lurcher due to there being some funny moments while we were trying to figure out the Lurcher mechanics. Some people got stuck in the maze for a comical amount of time due to not being able to find their way out or someone confident had rushed in to the maze alone and gotten almost instantly trapped by a strangler.

Our group lineup:

Khajiit DK Tank - Jorvuld/Ebon later on HM switched to Plague Doctor/Eternal Yokeda
    Dunmer Magblade DD - Skoria/Siroria/BSW/Maelstrom
    Dunmer Magblade DD - (Grothdarr or Zaan/Sorrow/BSW/Maelstrom)?
    Altmer Magsorc DD - Slimecraw/Siroria/Willpower/Asylum/Maelstrom

Everyone was max CP and I was the Sorc

Do you have any other general feedback?
    The enrage mechanic on the final boss HM wasn't very clear, but we managed to find out that the Shock Warden "LA's" other enemies and enrages them while giving them immunity.
    Avid collector of internet points
    vMA is fun
  • edwiges
    edwiges
    Not very much. It was a beautifull dungeon, very well built but a little tiring due to the high amount of CC/interrupts I had to deal in the whole process.
    On the other hand, the quest and lore got me engaged!

A litter bit harder than Dragon Bone dungeons in normal mode in a party of 2. Probably the same difficulty of previous dlc dungeons with a full party.

I did normal in a party of two and got to the final boss until 15%, but gave up at this point once I had already been in the dungeon for 3h and had other things to do. Probably it was possible to finish the battle if I had more time/ was less tired.

The Archivist was my favorite!! The symbol mechanics was fun and easy to get. The purple circle mechanics was interesting, with someone having to hit you to take you out of the circle, but not very intuitive.

I was with a templar healer/dd CP 750 and my husband with his DK tank CP 750.

There was a lot of skill to interrupt/block/bash all over the whole dungeon, both in mobs and bosses what made fell extremelly tired in the end to keep doing the same thing over and over again.

First boss was easier, I liked how the slow mechanics coupled with the blood thing that followed you, what made avoinding the red balls from the boss very rewarding because it made the other mechanic easier! It was a nice approach! Then in the third wave of werewolves you needed to pay attention to the boss mechanic you had to interrupt. As I was in a two people party we coudn't make mistakes on that or it would be hit kill.
    The lurcher seemed very easy in the normal version, however in this fight the bugs started appearing. Depending how I rotated my screen the maze hedged and all the walls disapeared and I could see clearly where the spprigans were. Again had to be all time concious of the stranglers to properly interrupt those.
    The third boss again was and interrupt /CC-punishing fight for a 2 people party. With the bonus of the boss getting enraged due to lightining attacks from the mages, or that was what it seemed.
    In the next wave of trash mobs, what do we find? Dire wolves that if you don't interrupt on time you die...
    Alchemist was very fun, finally a breath of fresh air with mechanics that didn't felt more of the same.
    Last boss had an interesting fight, however I didn't finished it. I liked how you had to manage the room space when the wolves were in chains or free hunting with Vykosa. The amount of werewolves, fear, and attacks you had to interrup, cc break at the end of this fight was very high and at this point I was very tired of that to continue.

I'm not sure how this dungeon will feel with a full party, but what I can tell is based in the fact that I have finished Dragon Bones dlc dungeons in the same configuration in previous pts (only 2 people), and now the March of Sacrifices. This dungeon seemed heavy in CC mechanics to me. For example, Scalecaller Peak/ Falkreath Hold are among my favorite dungeons because of the diversity of fights and mechanics you face. In one moment you have to keep boss apart, in other the important thing is positioning in the area or use a fight specific sinergy (free an ally/cleanse corpses). Fang lair also had a fight heavy on interrupts like the menagerie, but in that scenario it felt like a unique fight mechanic, where in the others moment it presented different experiences to me. Moon Hunter Keep, seemed execesive in these mechanics. So much that the tank had to spent most of his time with a frost staff backbar to make interrupts more manageable.
  • daedemrwb17_ESO
    "The mechanics are not intuitive. In particular, it's unclear what causes things to enrage. We've seen times when a chained wolf will reactivate from dormancy enraged. It just seems that, at random, things turn red and start doing lots of damage. In all other content, enragement is a punishment for killing something too slowly or failing a mechanic. Here, enragement is just... a random whim."

I actually think I figured out the mechanics tonight. Every 10% Vykosa will swap between ranged and melee. When entering melee werewolves would spawn and when going back to range the dogs would wake up.

If the dogs were alive when Vykosa goes melee they will break free from their chain. She even says something to the effect of ". . . hunt with me.". Further, while she is melee she will howl and an aoe will appear enraging everything inside it.

After 50% (or possibly 40%) Shock Wardens will spawn to her right during ranged form and they will enrage things. I'm not sure of the exact mechanic of how they enrage but you can kill the shock warden and bring enraged enemies to the pool they drop after death similar to the Mylene fight.

It appears though that at 30% she enraged and stays in melee form permanently, more wolves summon and the dogs only wake up at ~10% HP although at that point it's so easy to burn her and the mass of werewolves down that it really doesn't matter.

I have yet to try hard mode so I cannot comment on that but definitely wish to try it.

My review of the dungeon:

Most bosses were far too easy and could be burned down very quickly and we only had 2 DPS. With the lack of damage over time, chip damage, and splash damage our healer felt extremely redundant. You could easily run a Magblade w/ Funnel Health and Refreshing Path (get them to wear Earthgore if you really had to) and have 3 DPS and a tank.

This needs to change. An entire roll should not be made redundant because all damage is either negligible or one-shots.

I still don't know the mechanics of the second to last boss because we burned her while I tanked as many adds as I could. The fight took like 30s or something.

The last boss was.. very fun to figure out the mechanics.. until we did discover the mechanics and then it became a very methodical fight with very little risk of death aside from the occasional knockback into doggo cleave or fear into doggo cleave.

Once we figured out though our healer again felt like a waste of a slot in our party and the thrill of the fight was all but lost. That last execute phase looked very overwhelming when we saw 4 werewolves appear and she immediately enraged until we dropped 2 destro ults and suddenly noticed she was nearly dead.

In my opinion there needs to be more damage that isn't 1-shot and cannot be avoided or avoided very easily so that the healer has to actually heal things. Also initially we thought the DPS may have to CC some of the mobs to control them and keep them from the boss but it turns out you can just stack and burn them which was a shame because having to have more than the tank control the battlefield and having DPS do more than DPS was an interesting prospect.

On the positive side the aesthetic is amazing, the small number of load screens is a welcoming continuation from Fang Lair and I hope you revisit all existing dungeons to provide the same treatment. The length of the dungeon and # of add pulls between bosses was also much better compared to SCP and FL which feel like a complete slog and waste of time; the adds are not that tough so fighting 8 packs before reaching a boss and running a mile in between them is just obnoxious and a test of patience.

If you really feel that the difficulty of the dungeon is appropriate and you do not wish to increase it further without ruining it for mid-ranged CP players then I would highly recommend you look at a third, harder difficulty mode for the entire dungeon and remove hard mode from the final boss (call it Undaunted or Legendary difficulty). At this point I feel this needs to be done to provide an appropriate challenge for CP500+ players (without ruining the challenge for CP160-500 players).
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Thanks for the feedback folks. We will be taking this feedback into account with some future PTS iterations. Keep it coming :)
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

Yes I really enjoyed the changing layout from indoor to outdoor etc and claustrophobic hallways were interesting to navigate and fight in. I also enjoyed the audio design, I thought the NPCs sounded great and I loved seeing the new hulking Werewolf monster. I also liked how familiar mobs were given a bit of a twist, namely the Stranglers that activate based on your proximity and the Spriggans which were a real "thorn" in my side - which is to say I think they did their job appropriately.

My only aesthetic criticism is that Vykosa seemingly was just a female khajiit using the Werewolf Lord polymorph, or at least, it was very easy for me to re-create her look on a character that used that polymorph. I guess personally I would have preferred if her model was different from anything the player can achieve (seeing as she is quite special, or supposed to be anyway) but I think her monster set, particularly the shoulders were really well done visually.

• How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

We only tried Veteran with 2 players for the first half, and 3 players for the second half. Difficulty on Veteran felt closer to the Dragonbones dungeons as opposed to the Horns of the Reach dungeons which I think was the intended goal.

• Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?

We completed (non hard mode) Veteran. Party of 2 up until the 3rd boss, then party of 3 until we finished. Didn't check it out on Normal difficulty yet.

• Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?

Personally I enjoyed the lurcher boss fight the most. It was very clear and straightforward mechanics wise, whereas the other encounters had mechanics that weren't and still aren't obvious. Also, because we were running with 2 people, we weren't sure what mechanics may have been more apparent because we only had one DPS, or how the fights would have played differently with a full party of 4, and this is something my group talked about.

To give a specific example, the first few times our group of 2 fought the jailer boss, I was pinned down and one shot executed. Even after interrupting this attack, the boss would seemingly do this pin and execute back-to-back, and it seemed to be based on my proximity to the boss while he was in a certain percent range. What we had to do was kite the boss and resort to mobile DPS around 30%, but it felt like a full group of 4 could have just burned through that mechanic completely. So this would be a mechanic that most groups probably wouldn't see.

• What level and build was the character you used?

I used my current tanking set up on the Live server. CP 780 Khajiit Nightblade tank. I was running with a CP 780 Magicka Sorcerer DPS and we cleared the dungeon up until the giant white werewolf boss. We picked up a 3rd player here, another max CP MagSorc dps and finished the last fights with this group composition.

• Do you have any other general feedback?

Snares seemed excessive and were pretty frustrating to constantly deal with. Some of the boss mechanics seemed obscure and didn't become clear even after trying fights in a few different ways. Dedicated healer didn't feel needed, which is a bit sad to me. We cleared the veteran dungeon with 1 tank and 2 DPS with no problems at all, would have been even quicker and easier with a 3rd DPS. I've been tanking all vet DLC hard mode dungeons recently and 3 dps + 1 tank is just so much more efficient than running with a healer. The Horns of the Reach dungeons are a great example of dungeons where a tank can show off their skill, you're not getting through Veteran Bloodroot Forge with a sub-par tank for example. It would be nice if healers were given a similar chance to show how darn good they can be, and how needed they can be regarding 4 player veteran content (because at the moment I don't think that opportunity exists within proficient groups). Right now, for experienced groups at least, nothing in a 4 player dungeon makes you stop and go "this is only doable if we have a good healer" - but we can find ourselves saying "this is only doable if we have a good tank" or "this is only doable if we have good dps."

Edited by Left4Daud on July 12, 2018 5:16PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bLALjaRz3oo

Hard mode completion. Lots of unforgiving attacks, but the phase progression allows a lot of recovery.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add unique dialogue for player werewolves. It seems odd that a dlc centered around werewolves don't have any special comments for werewolves.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Hard mode completion. Lots of unforgiving attacks, but the phase progression allows a lot of recovery.

Nice job!!! Can't wait to start working on this on console. Have you done March of Sacrifices HM yet? How does it compare ?
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Nice job!!! Can't wait to start working on this on console. Have you done March of Sacrifices HM yet? How does it compare ?

I posted in the other thread. I think that dungeon is broke on on hm. Hits a bit too hard. But we could ramp our health up just to complete it. It's up to my group. I'd think it would be changed in this weeks patch. Will have to wait and see what finn thinks.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our group went back to Moon Hunter Keep tonight, after the 4.1.1 patch, to give HM another try. We had gotten it down to around 15% last Monday.

Knowing now that the shock wardens were the source of the enrages, we made them the top kill priority. And now that we understand how the chain mechanic works, we changed how we handled the two big wolves (tank taunted one wolf to the boss spawn location, which restricted the movement of the other wolf and made it easier--and safer--to kill). At 20%, we did an execute burn on the boss.

With these changes to our HM strategy (and I guess all the practice from last Monday helped), we were able to 1-shot HM when we tried tonight. I was worried initially that it would be a long slog of a clear, after having watched Fengrush's video (which IIRC was almost 15 minutes). But this turned out to not be an issue; we waited for the two wolves to become unchained before starting our execute burn, and we had to deal with two rounds of the symbol mechanic before the burn, so it was definitely slower than the clear Andy had posted, but things went surprisingly quickly once we hit 20% and committed to the execute.

Now that we have a better understanding of the mechanics and strategy, I think the HM in this dungeon is pretty manageable, the pacing is good, and I'd say it's a little easier than either of the Dragon Bones HMs, but harder than the Hist and Horns HMs.

Anyway, tl;dr, I personally think the vet HM of MHK is in a good spot now that we better understand the fight. March of Sacrifices, on the other hand... well, I'll post in that other thread.
    Edited by code65536 on July 17, 2018 11:41AM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG REPORT: we went into normal mode last night with a pug and during the Myleen fight wardens would suddenly stop spawning and only the wolf adds would still appear. Hence the boss was stuck at 13% health forever and impossible to damage.

Eventually we let ourselves die in order to reset the fight and after the reset the wardens started appearing again without problem until the end and we could use them properly as intended to weaken the boss

Besides that I really think the messages and hints could be alot better in some of the fights. Right now every group will need a puzzler that actually has time during the fight to puzzle out what the mechanics are. I had subtitles on and read all the messages from npc's. The fight with the spriggans healing the boss for instance was very clear and intuitive but last boss on the other hand is quite the opposite and feels like 1 big mess with no time to realize what mechanics with the adds are at play. The only thing that pops out right now is the totem stun
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on July 17, 2018 9:19AM
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG REPORT: when I disable autoloot and loot manually, every first time the mob's inventory shows up I cannot click any item. After closing this dialogue and reopening it by clicking the mob again it works fine and I can loot individual or all items.

I don't know if this tied to this dungeon only or a general issue on pts but here is where I noticed it
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vicious Werewolfs need to have more obvious signs that that they´re about to launch their 30k+ one shot. Other enemies have clear signs that you´re able to dodge-roll or block/interupt. But the Vicious Wolves shows no real que before one-shooting you.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG REPORT: last night we ran normal MHK again and when I wanted to switch gear I noticed we all were in combat and stayed in combat until at least when we all wiped at the Archivist, even through people dying ! I noticed this first time in the gardens, a bit before the spriggan boss (=second boss) so whatever caused this must have happened before this point.

update: now that I think of it. When we all wiped at archivist it must have gotten us out of combat because the tank was able to switch gear then. It could have been that 1 of us kept us all in combat until that person died. That would have been me (templar healer) since I'm the only one that stayed alive until archivist
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on July 24, 2018 9:29AM
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Enjoyed mechanics driven bosses like Myleen/archivist alot. Bosses like the jailer on the other hand felt pointless and Vykosa just feels like one big mess. Lurcher boss felt simply annoying with everyone getting stuck and being killed before teammates are able to jump in.

Normal is definately more challenging than than nSP and nFL because of things like wolves 1 shotting the tank etc with 30k hits. Normal I did 3 patches ago though so maybe that has been tuned. Veteran felt on par with vSP and vFL mechanics wise but everything does seems to hit harder on the tank though throughout this entire dungeon.

Completed both. vMHK last night and nMHK 3 patches ago.

I played as DK tank with 45K selfbuffed health pool (food on), 30k resistance. Ebon+plague+chudan cookie cutter standard setup. Experience level wise all group members have completed all HM modes in all dungeons on live inclusing SP and FL so this not your average pug. As tank I felt challenged in this build during the run. I can imagine many lower health/resist tanks will be 1-shotted alot on vet, especially in pugs. Group composition was as classic as it gets: 1 DK tank, 2 DD, 1 templar healer. The 2 dps were quite amazing. They tore through anything superfast dmge-wise and made us almost skip certain mechanics completely like first boss e.g

Boss-specific feedback:

Jailer boss: I wanted to try and explore/understand any extra mechanics other than keep moving to avoid red but the boss just vaporized. I saw 2 people die to the insane combine dmge and decided to kill myself and wipe to reset the fight and get a better look at mechanics but even still the boss had already died. Our insane group dps made us completely skip the mechanics essentially. In a pug with typically half the dps we had last night it would be different for sure but I'm not sure if you intended mechanics to be skippable through high dps here. This boss felt like a complete dissapointment and too fast over for mechanics to become clear.

Lurcher boss: Extremely annoying boss with all the entanglements going on. Nothing seems to be permanently killable so I assume this is intended and supposed to force the group to deal with the spriggan/plant mechanics the whole fight. The Cone does little dmge imho, dps and healers could easily block it but combined with entanglement it's pretty much instakill even for the tank and as soon as 1 person is down and you get unlucky entanglement on the rezzer it's a quick wipe from there :) high dps helps alot but skipping mechanics is not an option.

Myleen: Awesome boss. Makes your heart race ! Killing the shock wardens fast enough, getting the boss in the right place fast enough. Interrupt fast enough. 1 little mistake and it's over. Challenging and fun and the mechanics are not skippable with high dps !

Archivist: Awesome boss. On our first try on vet a while ago a friend called this immediately "the new inhibitor fight AKA pug killer" and after last night I'm inclined to agree fully. This boss will disband so many pugs when this hits live...We wiped several times before we got all the mechanics and positions right. Due to our very high group dps we were able to prevent some npc's from turning to wherewolf in time and some not. It's definately not to easy tuned in that regard. This mechanic is not even close to skippable imho.

Sometimes this boss picked a symbol during his "roulette" phase of which only 3 protection circles were available. We had no choice but to let 1 group member die because of this. It feels like a bug.

Vykosa: Really challenging and intensive fight for the tank while the dps reported after completion this fight was "relaxed and laid back". Healing was lacking a bit though during this run so I might have gotten a wrong perspective as tank as I selfhealed alot. Will run again to get more experience. One thing that was for sure though is this fight is extremely stamina intensive for the tank ! I was unable to complete it using my standard ebon+plague setup and that was with stamina support from the healer. The combined dmge from Vykosa + 1 dog at a time + all the wherewolf adds was so high that you almost have to permablock. Releasing block was a high risk for 1 shot. I actually had to change to a gear setup that is specialized for stamina and sustain in order to be able to complete it because I kept running out. We did not try HM this run but I can already imagine it will be sick :)

BUG REPORT: in the room right before the archivist the 2 thrash wherevolves stayed into their corner as if they were "stuck on their platform". As our dps killed them you could see them twist and turn but unable to come to center as if a glass wall was holding them back. This was in vet mode. I don't believe they did that during our last run on normal. Maybe not related.

• shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭

It was beautiful and well constructed with the scenery. I enjoyed it and didnt enjoy it

It reminded me of scalecaller a bit until the 2nd to last boss when on vet felt like Vmaelstrom with a group

We completely Normal but got stuck at the 2nd to last boss on Vet

The last boss is pretty fun with the wolves, the part where all of a sudden you are over-run by a lot of wolves was great.

MagSorc CP 666, Breton

The 2nd to last Boss is very difficult on Vet. The two guys whom spawn into werewolves seem to transform randomly, whether quick or a bit longer. Sometimes He gets a symbol over his head and everyone goes to that symbol and its fine other times at the very last second after he chooses his symbol the symbol changes within a second and nobody can get to the right symbols, thus we die. Enraged werewolves have been hitting and killing my Team-mates and myself from afar a good distance away when they shouldnt even be able to touch you, Im talking about the physical swipe attacks. The Purple bubble will not break at times so the person just dies and we have to rez quickly. The Enraged werewolves take quite awhile to take down and are doing way too much damage, Tank got hit for over 127k while blocking! There seems to be quite a few bugs going on in this fight. Seeing a lot of people just giving up as its mechanic heavy and since it takes awhile to down werewolves, break bubbles, the mechanics overlap. Its more of a chore than fun, imo. seeing a lot of people struggle with this. Glad some people can just burn them down with dps but unless you have high end perhaps perfected gear you're not going to burn them down so quick. This fight may need a slight nerf unless there is something a lot of people are just not getting about this fight yet.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • eluxo
    eluxo
    ✭✭

Yes and no.

First of all, I like the decoration very much. While it is a linear dungeon, it does not feel like such, as there are a lot of rooms you can enter, etc. I like this very much.

I also like the idea of most mechanics, but there is stuff that is petty much feeling random. I get to the problems at the end.

Something between piece of cake and hard es hell for vet and normal. I have no idea, if you guys have been playing with balancing, but I did several runs with the same or nearly the same group and it felt completely different on each run.

I did not complete on vet. We made it to the second to the last boss when I decided to leave the group, as it did not make sense anymore.

I really like the third boss, as she has a lot of mechanics going on. I actually find it quite easy to understand (except how to avoid enrage) and while not very easy, it is quite fun to fight your way through in a properly organized group.

• health tank (templar)
    • around CP220
    • 48k life, 20k magica, 23k stamina with bufffood plus radiand ward (~14k life)
    • all gear at least purple (ebon + plague)

I have been running as a tank in vet mode and decided to leave the group at the second last boss (as mentioned above), as the werewolves there were actually causing more damage through my full block than our healer and I could compensate. I have been runing through there with approx 51k life and an additional damage shield (resulting in about 63k). The non-dodgeable attack from the werewolfes (the roaring whatever) acted like it actually ignored all my gear and blocking and did completely drop my life to zero in within two seconds. An other tank told me that it basically can be blocked, but it just did not work at all.

Maybe one point, I have not reached CP300 yet (currently around CP220), but I as the tank is my main char I am mainly running dungeons to gain XP and I have never encountered such enormous damage that cannot even be dodge-rolled in any of the other DLC dungeons. I have been running other DLC dungeons before, that are above my level and have never seen such damage anywhere.

On one run, we have not been able to kill the second to the last boss at all, in normal mode. We have been able to just kill it with the very same group on the next day, which is actually very strange. I never encountered something like this in normal mode again.

We encountered problems with the third boss several times, where she just switched to some mode where we were unable to cause any damage at all. We needed to wipe and retry.

Sometimes, some of the monsters seem to reset when killed, where the actual monster remains in the dungeon, just moves around but cannot be damaged anymore.

While the mechanics and the one-hit stuffs seems pretty clear and doable, there is a lot of stuff going on that feels quite random and seems different when it comes to the amount of damage caused between the different runs.

Edit: Ah, the maximum hit I received from the third boss (the ripping attack) has hit me with around 250k damage through full block. I am asking myself, if this is really as it has been intended.
    Edited by eluxo on August 16, 2018 5:31PM
    Ever Tried? Ever Failed? Try again! Fail again! Fail better!

twitch.tv/3luxo
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eluxo wrote: »

Yes and no.

First of all, I like the decoration very much. While it is a linear dungeon, it does not feel like such, as there are a lot of rooms you can enter, etc. I like this very much.

I also like the idea of most mechanics, but there is stuff that is petty much feeling random. I get to the problems at the end.

Something between piece of cake and hard es hell for vet and normal. I have no idea, if you guys have been playing with balancing, but I did several runs with the same or nearly the same group and it felt completely different on each run.

I did not complete on vet. We made it to the second to the last boss when I decided to leave the group, as it did not make sense anymore.

I really like the third boss, as she has a lot of mechanics going on. I actually find it quite easy to understand (except how to avoid enrage) and while not very easy, it is quite fun to fight your way through in a properly organized group.

• health tank (templar)
    • around CP220
    • 48k life, 20k magica, 23k stamina with bufffood plus radiand ward (~14k life)
    • all gear at least purple (ebon + plague)

I have been running as a tank in vet mode and decided to leave the group at the second last boss (as mentioned above), as the werewolves there were actually causing more damage through my full block than our healer and I could compensate. I have been runing through there with approx 51k life and an additional damage shield (resulting in about 63k). The non-dodgeable attack from the werewolfes (the roaring whatever) acted like it actually ignored all my gear and blocking and did completely drop my life to zero in within two seconds. An other tank told me that it basically can be blocked, but it just did not work at all.

Maybe one point, I have not reached CP300 yet (currently around CP220), but I as the tank is my main char I am mainly running dungeons to gain XP and I have never encountered such enormous damage that cannot even be dodge-rolled in any of the other DLC dungeons. I have been running other DLC dungeons before, that are above my level and have never seen such damage anywhere.

On one run, we have not been able to kill the second to the last boss at all, in normal mode. We have been able to just kill it with the very same group on the next day, which is actually very strange. I never encountered something like this in normal mode again.

We encountered problems with the third boss several times, where she just switched to some mode where we were unable to cause any damage at all. We needed to wipe and retry.

Sometimes, some of the monsters seem to reset when killed, where the actual monster remains in the dungeon, just moves around but cannot be damaged anymore.

While the mechanics and the one-hit stuffs seems pretty clear and doable, there is a lot of stuff going on that feels quite random and seems different when it comes to the amount of damage caused between the different runs.

Edit: Ah, the maximum hit I received from the third boss (the ripping attack) has hit me with around 250k damage through full block. I am asking myself, if this is really as it has been intended.

they are not bugs mate but intended mechanics that you haven't figured out yet. There's a guide up in the general forum by now that will explain all of them including how to prevent the big werewolves from enraging (your 250k hit). The second you understand none of these things will seem random anymore. Then you will appreciate that there actual monsters for once that really require a proper tank and healer and cannot be cheesed through with 4 dps or skipping healer/tank role
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    Only 3 symbols appear during the symbol mechanic at the last boss in HM.. We would have HM done if not for this..

Is this intended or no?
    Edited by jerrodbuffington on September 11, 2018 11:43AM
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 3 symbols appear during the symbol mechanic at the last boss in HM.. We would have HM done if not for this..

Is this intended or no?

I've definitely seen the same on every HM run I've done so far and it's been confirmed by others as well. We believe this to be a bug still to be fixed by ZOS. It does not make sense to have an intended mechanic that involves letting one of your group members die. That being said it's possible to rezz, even though it's hard to pull it off.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is the dungeon team even properly aware because we would expect this sort of bug to be gone by now in all honestly. We're at live patch nr 9 after all
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on September 11, 2018 1:10PM
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ps4 so my fix wont come until 2 weeks after the pc version.