Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issues related to logging in to the North American PlayStation® megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Dwemer Constructor Class Sugestion

abelsgmx
abelsgmx
✭✭✭
I'll love to see this class with a healing "turret" like Cleansing Ritual skill and bringing some buffer "turrets" with Major Resolve and Major Ward skills, arrow or magicka "turret", net throw "turret", etc. There are a lot of possible combos.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a armor set sure, but dwemer knowledge is rare and should be limited
    Options
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

:'(
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    ^this!^

A whole class around dwemer stuff would be highly lore-iffy, since that knowledge is so specialized and rare that outside of Sothra Sils disciples, only a handful of people in tamriel have it (and even they find it at best half-understood and blowing up in their faces as often as not - as we see in several questings following a certain pair of dunmer siblings as they travel down that path...)

If anything, we could have a "scholar" guild line that -might- have some dwemer-influenced tricks among their abilities, like I once mentioned: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys! Don't use lore as an excuse to limit the game. You sure there were pink shields and swords in medieval lore? Why I see them across all Temriel then?

It's a game, so lore or not, I'm sure there is ALWAYS a way to implement stuff, ie: you could invent a quest where you travel and imagine you learned or lived in the Dwemer civilization and so learned their stuff. If you complete that quest, you are rewarded with "Dwemer hidden knowledge" passive that enables you to use the class. I mean, it's just a stupid basic quick example (it can be thought a lot better), it's just to show that anything can be implemented if wanted.

Edited by Dragonnord on July 5, 2018 11:34AM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Come on guys! Don't use lore as an excuse to limit the game.
    Any RPG-ish game should be consistent within its own lore. After all, that's what draws people like me - the rich and nifty lore! If you want an "anything goes" game, well, there may be such around, but they are not ESO...
    You sure there were pink shields and swords in medieval lore?
    800c61380ac3134ab8b03abf1bf9472d--medieval-life-medieval-art.jpg3553632e1edfb093611ed68528233530--medieval-shields-le-breton.jpg
    You were saying?
    Not that -medieval- lore matters when we are talking about tamriel! Where at the very least the followers of Dibella will proudly wear pink to honor that divine... and many a noble family might plausibly derive their heraldry from an distant ancestor who did as well.
    So grind your teeth, all those "Pink Knights" are totally lore-conform in the land of Tamriel!
    It's a game, so lore or not, I'm sure there is ALWAYS a way to implement stuff...
    True enough. And they are making use of that... but... the question is, should they make use of that in this case too?
    And since ESO is set in the "past" compared to other TES games, they have to consider the implications... how could one justify hordes of dwemer artificers popping up in the second era, yet still have the dwemer keep their ill-understood status that builds the mystique around them for the third and fourth eras?
    It would be lore-iffy, thus the best way for them would be to keep the mystique alive and lore untainted... by not giving out too much dwemer stuff.
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the Psijic Order now has millions of members... And they were the most secluded ones.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the theory of a dragon break anyway explains, why all the stuff from ESO does not appear in the lore of other elder scrolls game. already the last chapter almost caused time and space to verge and stuff, so a dragon break is very possible to happen after the whole war between the alliances and between the folks of tamriel and the daedras. so also bringing up all the dwemer knowledge now wouldnt change that in the end, if this all is lost afterwards again.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any RPG-ish game should be consistent within its own lore. After all, that's what draws people like me - the rich and nifty lore! If you want an "anything goes" game, well, there may be such around, but they are not ESO...
    800c61380ac3134ab8b03abf1bf9472d--medieval-life-medieval-art.jpg3553632e1edfb093611ed68528233530--medieval-shields-le-breton.jpg
    You were saying?
    Not that -medieval- lore matters when we are talking about tamriel! Where at the very least the followers of Dibella will proudly wear pink to honor that divine... and many a noble family might plausibly derive their heraldry from an distant ancestor who did as well.
    So grind your teeth, all those "Pink Knights" are totally lore-conform in the land of Tamriel!
    It's a game, so lore or not, I'm sure there is ALWAYS a way to implement stuff...
    True enough. And they are making use of that... but... the question is, should they make use of that in this case too?
    And since ESO is set in the "past" compared to other TES games, they have to consider the implications... how could one justify hordes of dwemer artificers popping up in the second era, yet still have the dwemer keep their ill-understood status that builds the mystique around them for the third and fourth eras?
    It would be lore-iffy, thus the best way for them would be to keep the mystique alive and lore untainted... by not giving out too much dwemer stuff.

@TheShadowScout That's not pink, that's a pale red because of use and time.You know what I meant. ;)

Pink shields...

teal-scallop-circle-frame.svg.hi.png

Also, and sorry for stating the same; it's a game, so there is always a workaround if you want to do something, always. In a vast infinite ocean and universe of coding, programming and unlimited ideas, you can always find the right "excuse" or reason to do it.

"...how could one justify hordes of dwemer artificers popping up in the second era"...

Another quick basic example; someone found a way to open a magic portal leading to Dwemers and brought them back to second era.

I love portals! :D

PS: Again, I know ZOS can find a great, perfect and solid reason to do it.

Edited by Dragonnord on July 5, 2018 1:23PM
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20171104192108
    Options
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were saying?

@TheShadowScout That's not pink, that's a pale red because of use and time.You know what I meant. ;)

Pink shields...

Also, and sorry for stating the same; it's a game, so there is always a workaround if you want to do something, always. In a vast infinite ocean and universe of coding, programming and unlimited ideas, you can always find the right "excuse" or reason to do it.

"...how could one justify hordes of dwemer artificers popping up in the second era"...

Another quick basic example; someone found a way to open a magic portal leading to Dwemers and brought them back to second era.

Well it's not possible for the Dwemer to come back at all. They transformed themselves into the skin on the Numidium.

Anyway, many of us play elder scrolls tittles because we find the lore interesting, that is one thing the series has going for it vs other games in the fantasy genre. It's not about doing whatever you want and making a workaround, it's about staying true to the painstakingly built world that had been created.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You were saying?

Pink shields...

Anyway, many of us play elder scrolls tittles because we find the lore interesting, that is one thing the series has going for it vs other games in the fantasy genre. It's not about doing whatever you want and making a workaround, it's about staying true to the painstakingly built world that had been created.

Again? Do you want me to list a thousand things that currently DO NOT respect lore in TESO? And are you playing TESO despite all those things breaking lore and immersion? Yes you are playing, so don't come saying one more thing can't break lore, EVEN when I said that you can DO things in a way that they DO NOT break lore (like an imaginary quest, yes; IMAGINARY, where you come back to Dwemer civilization. Again, IMAGINARY. Haven't you done any of those quests in TESO where you travel to past, or those quests where you enter another person memory or so? Probably yes, so stop saying it's not possible just because...

Edited by Dragonnord on July 5, 2018 3:21PM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were saying?

Pink shields...

Again? Do you want me to list a thousand things that currently DO NOT respect lore in TESO? And are you playing TESO despite all those things breaking lore and immersion? Yes you are playing, so don't come saying one more thing can't break lore, EVEN when I said that you can DO things in a way that they DO NOT break lore (like an imaginary quest, yes; IMAGINARY, where you come back to Dwemer civilization. Again, IMAGINARY. Haven't you done any of those quests in TESO where you travel to past, or those quests where you enter another person memory or so? Probably yes, so stop saying it's not possible just because...

List the things that break lore and I can possibly counter them
    Options
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Well psijic order was rare too and now we have a skill line. I was reading all the posts and is exciting think in take a quest to reach a fare part of the map (after some hard quest to do) to discover one anctient machine with the hidden knowledge, this machine can be able to switch your class to a dwemer constructor class. I don't think in a skill line only because a class have more petential to exploit. A lot of kind of summons that can be used to support, tank and/or healing.
    Options