The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting Master Writs are worthless

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Because of the difficulty to obtain improvement mats (and the sheer cost and value of them) the master writs are simply not worth enough vouchers to make them viable. It's 10 times the work to get those improvement mats, but yet the master writs are worth the same as regular master writs. That makes no sense. They are practically "trash worthy".

Could we see an exponential increase in their voucher value please?
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definetley not worthless. i sold a 121 WV JC for 1000g last night.
    better than nothing.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    They want you to go extra slow on the Jewel crafting. Makes you feel elite when you max it I guess. It's awesome to have that flexibility but gosh you have to farm for mats. And good luck finding improvement mats.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    better than nothing.

Well, I sold a JC 10 voucher master writ for the same amount. Guess with the price of the upgrade mats the amount of vouchers doesn't matter ;)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    They want you to go extra slow on the Jewel crafting. Makes you feel elite when you max it I guess. It's awesome to have that flexibility but gosh you have to farm for mats. And good luck finding improvement mats.

Extra slow? No matter how slow you do these master writs, they are basically pixelated toilet paper. The only reason to buy them is if you're hoping they will fix something about the system at a later date. If I were ZOS, I'd be extremely embarrassed about this aspect of the system. It's bad and worthless on a level so extreme, it never should have made it into the game in this form due to how bad it makes them look for implementing it that way.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Extra slow? No matter how slow you do these master writs, they are basically pixelated toilet paper. The only reason to buy them is if you're hoping they will fix something about the system at a later date. If I were ZOS, I'd be extremely embarrassed about this aspect of the system. It's bad and worthless on a level so extreme, it never should have made it into the game in this form due to how bad it makes them look for implementing it that way.

Well they did finally listen and increase the number of writ vouchers awarded for doing provisioning master writs that require perfect roe. Of course they also did not apply this retroactively to any master writs you may have already had in your inventory, so hoarding jewelry master writs in hopes that they will increase the award at a later date will most likely result in some swear words and/or tears.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did this happen? How did we end up with a system where the writs are not even worth completing? There has been so many threads and discussions about the provisioning master writs requiring perfect roe and it was sorted out and yet the jewelry crafting writs were allowed to go live?

Did the person who put the writs in the game have 0 contact with the jewelry crafting design team? Were the writs just created and put in with an algorithm that no one thought to look at or change?

It's little things like this that just prove their attention to detail is sub-par or non-existent. This isn't a gamebreaking issue but it just goes to show why we have so many other game-breaking issues with freezes and stuttering because the quality control is just not there. There is no excuse for the jewelry master writs being allowed to go live in this form. I got a large jewelry crafting writ for many many vouchers the other day, a very rare drop, that is entirely useless and will probably be useless for years to come as Chromium plating will never drop to the price that current gold tempers are at.

With the drop-rate for chromium grains being so bad from writs as well, what is the motivation to do max-tier jewelry writs? All of my alts will be doing level 1 writs until they turn all the master writs into survey drops, something I can actually use.

Getting a jewelry master writ is essentially a giant slap in the face at this point. An insult to me the player. "Hey here is a really rare drop that is completely useless!" The fact that no one noticed this or feels that this issue needs to be addressed by a green text comment is absolutely astounding and mind-blowing to me.

Edit: if the devs or anyone else finds my comments to be insulting, imagine how insulted i feel to get this writ system after all the money and time I've poured into this game. I promise I'm the one who is more insulted.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 22, 2018 2:29PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Except that chromium plating will never be at a price that will make these writs worth doing. they would need to drop to like 10k-20k minimum. Not happening ANY time soon.

Also for the record, maxing it doesn't make you feel "elite" any idiot with enough free time can max the skill line running dolmens. Crafting doesn't provide a sense of "elitism" because literally anyone can do it. It's about how much free time you have. Half of it, researching traits, requires one button push every few days on average.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got my first jc master writ today, destroyed it. 9 vouchers for a purple necklace is not remotely worthwhile.
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    They should make those writs a house decor so i canuse it as toilet paper in my pixel house
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am "lucky" to own 2 writs that require golden setpieces, one for 96 (morkulin, trirune) and one for 101 (shakkle, idk) voucher.

Decided to keep them for a good laugh now and then. :D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lvling up JC is not any slower than the other crafts. Research is on par as well, actually faster since there are only 2 pieces to do research on. Already lvl 50 on one character.

It is the upgrade matts and how that system is different that people talk about.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    How did this happen? How did we end up with a system where the writs are not even worth completing? There has been so many threads and discussions about the provisioning master writs requiring perfect roe and it was sorted out and yet the jewelry crafting writs were allowed to go live?

Did the person who put the writs in the game have 0 contact with the jewelry crafting design team? Were the writs just created and put in with an algorithm that no one thought to look at or change?

It's little things like this that just prove their attention to detail is sub-par or non-existent. This isn't a gamebreaking issue but it just goes to show why we have so many other game-breaking issues with freezes and stuttering because the quality control is just not there. There is no excuse for the jewelry master writs being allowed to go live in this form. I got a large jewelry crafting writ for many many vouchers the other day, a very rare drop, that is entirely useless and will probably be useless for years to come as Chromium plating will never drop to the price that current gold tempers are at.

With the drop-rate for chromium grains being so bad from writs as well, what is the motivation to do max-tier jewelry writs? All of my alts will be doing level 1 writs until they turn all the master writs into survey drops, something I can actually use.

Getting a jewelry master writ is essentially a giant slap in the face at this point. An insult to me the player. "Hey here is a really rare drop that is completely useless!" The fact that no one noticed this or feels that this issue needs to be addressed by a green text comment is absolutely astounding and mind-blowing to me.

Edit: if the devs or anyone else finds my comments to be insulting, imagine how insulted i feel to get this writ system after all the money and time I've poured into this game. I promise I'm the one who is more insulted.

I'm convinced the "design team" for JC is some intern who had never played the game before and had 0 input from any of the other devs who worked on professions.

Prove me wrong, ZOS.....
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I got my first jc master writ today, destroyed it. 9 vouchers for a purple necklace is not remotely worthwhile.

This is the exact reason that I accepted the 10 vouchers writ that I got the other day, so that I don't accidentally accept one that might actually sell for a decent amount of gold later. The lower tier ones are worth it as a place holder in your quest journal only at this point.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A legendary writ currently costs about 850-900K gold to craft, the vast majority of that being chromium platings. I've received no chromium grains from daily ordinary writs so far, and only about 20 or so from refining almost 6K platinum dust. The drop rate is even less than other legendary upgrade materials, on top of the fact you need 10 times as much. I have tons of alchemy and enchanting master writs that cost as little as 350 gold per voucher to craft. Compare that with almost 7.5K gold per voucher for that jewelry master writ. That's over 20x more expensive. They should up the voucher count at least 10x to make them worth while at least in the long run, when upgrade prices would have decreased somewhat.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    A legendary writ currently costs about 850-900K gold to craft, the vast majority of that being chromium platings. I've received no chromium grains from daily ordinary writs so far, and only about 20 or so from refining almost 6K platinum dust. The drop rate is even less than other legendary upgrade materials, on top of the fact you need 10 times as much. I have tons of alchemy and enchanting master writs that cost as little as 350 gold per voucher to craft. Compare that with almost 7.5K gold per voucher for that jewelry master writ. That's over 20x more expensive. They should up the voucher count at least 10x to make them worth while at least in the long run, when upgrade prices would have decreased somewhat.

Yeah and you can bump that cost up to about 1.5mil to make on Xbox right now. Although that is to be expected i guess with us being 2 weeks behind.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »

Yeah and you can bump that cost up to about 1.5mil to make on Xbox right now. Although that is to be expected i guess with us being 2 weeks behind.

Yea, the prices on new stuff usually drops quite fast, they've been pretty stable at about 100K per chromium plating for the last week or so on EU-PC. I doubt they'll go lower than 80K though, since the drop rate is so low, and I doubt many people will endlessly run vAA to decon those jewelry pieces :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's funny, is I have a swift trait master crafting writ... now this will make you laugh hard...

The voucher is for an epic ring of swiftness (can't remember set, I destroyed it). Voucher value = 8

The ONLY place you can get a swift trait stone is the Master Crafting Vendor... cost? 20 vouchers.

They really put a lot of thought into this one... (sense the sarcasm @ZOS_GinaBruno)
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    What's funny, is I have a swift trait master crafting writ... now this will make you laugh hard...

The voucher is for an epic ring of swiftness (can't remember set, I destroyed it). Voucher value = 8

The ONLY place you can get a swift trait stone is the Master Crafting Vendor... cost? 20 vouchers.

They really put a lot of thought into this one... (sense the sarcasm @ZOS_GinaBruno)

Wow.... how telling. Literally NO thought put into value here.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slow is one thing. But this? Enchantng used to be horrible slow, but this is just ridiculous for a crafting profession that should have been in from the very beginning. Gold jewelry should never have just been pvp or trials based. They have their special sets. Who cares if you gold out julianos or any other set? Will hard cores not feel the leetness anymore or something?The whole thing is a mess.....
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the central design error in JC: It's not connected to anything else in game, excluding maybe transmutation. It's just a time sink of nothing. I can as well either do or NOT do JC and nothing changes. It's not a question of being slow or whatever. It's question of zero rewards in normal writs and 20 times higher cost in master writs.

From crafter's point of view JC is FUBAR. JC gives nothing. At the same time other jewelry drops plenty and even golden jewelry is easy to get.

I am not at all doing JC master writs. I did normal JC writs with few crafters just to gather some statistics. Now i have seen enough. Time to abandon the whole system until it gets out from the zero rewards zone to something like other professions. I subbed for Summerset but since there is no dailies left to play i cut my sub. Back to F2P.

I have done many statistics out from crafting. But there will be no stats from JC because there is nothing to track apart from drop rates of green grains. It's that bad.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put mine in one of my storage boxes and hope that one day they will be worth completing.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sell them at 100g per voucher and they sell nicely. God bless those who buy them!
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    They absolutely need to go through and give JC writs their own formula, just slapping the existing voucher value algorithm onto a tradecraft that doesn't even work the same way is a huge mistake. And if they did make a new formula for them...then whoever did is dangerously out of touch with how Jewelcrafting actually works.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    better than nothing.

No buyers for me. You are lucky.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We asked for jewelry crafting,no surprise how they punish for asking.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    We asked for jewelry crafting,no surprise how they punish for asking.

Haha... you could be right!!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont play there own game is the conclusion I've come to.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm convinced at this point that someone higher up has instructed everyone at ZOS to stay quiet on anything related to jewelry crafting. Any JC issue addressed on the forums has gone with no ZOS response. Any PTS feedback went by with no response. Over a month has gone by with no changes, no communication and no end in sight. It's embarrassing at this point. JC master writs are so jokingly out of balance that there is no excuse for taking so long to address the issue.

If ZOS is hoping players will just let this one slide and forget, that's not possible. Every time we pull one of these "rewards" we are reminded of how badly we got trolled by the developers.
  • Necrochem1st
    Rittings wrote: »

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180630/5ywspxwk.jpg
    Edited by Necrochem1st on July 5, 2018 7:15PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i've sold 5 of them... just pitched at 400 per voucher.

worthless?

no.