The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

All This Talk of Nerf Sorc - How About a Buff? (Overload)

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Okay so not really a buff but an improvement. Small but meaningful.

Currently if you are on your Overload bar, you cannot quick switch to your back bar and drop the Overload bar (you must hit ultimate again and then switch). Let's make this happen.
Edited by brandonv516 on June 30, 2018 5:39AM
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would hear more cries
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When rune cage doesn’t = insta death then you can talk about buffs/improvements
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? To make it easier for all the shield spamming, 2 pet, atro summoning overload sorcs.
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he means for pve. It'd be nice to able to utilize the 3rd bar in End-game content.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overload feels very clunky as a skill. This would be a small, great improvement that will likely never happen for some unspecified mechanical constraint.

Oh well.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only thing that really needs nerfing is people's ability to post on the forums about nerfing sorcs lol
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently if you are on your Overload bar, you cannot quick switch to your back bar and drop the Overload bar (you must hit ultimate again and then switch). Let's make this happen.

i can do that on my sorc in 1/4 of a sec no need keep as if not a big issue
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trolling right overload gankers worse then stamblades
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the nerf arguments better
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power Overload
    -Change it, so you could still do your rotation and swap bar, and each light attack with a weapon would consume ultimates and deal additional damage ( like elemental weapons) until you run out or toggle off the ultimate, or make it deplete ultimate every 2 sec, so it only work with a good weaving.
    Charge your fists weapons with the power of the storm, Light attacks become Lightning bolts dealing X additional damage, and your heavy attacks blast enemies in target area near the target for X additional damage. Both attacks restores 300 magicka ( this would help with sustain a bit ) Attacks deplete Ultimate until you run out or the ability is toggled off. you can not gain ultimate while using this ultimate.

Energy Overload
    - Keep it as it is " Charge your fists ect..." but reduce the damage, and reduce the time travel ( = faster )
    - Or Make The auditive clue more noticeable, you know, something that you can not miss, like the old jorvuld sound (but for the storm). if you don't pay attention to it you would deserve to be ganked. This would be fair.
    Edited by Apherius on June 30, 2018 1:34PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@brandonv516 put healing ward on your overload bar and it will automatically remove you from your overload bar onto your back bar.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

@brandonv516 put healing ward on your overload bar and it will automatically remove you from your overload bar onto your back bar.

Cool I'll try that.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭

NO took me a while to get this down but now I love it don’t change it!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play PvE.

Back when we had 1000 ultimate instead of 500, I found overload just a bit to clunky to use to make it worthwhile. With 500 ultimate my decision is much easier. So for me, overload requires much better 'ease of use' for me to even consider it.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload works pretty well already.

The change I would actually prefer is if the skill could be activated as long as you have any ult, but you can't fire until you acquire the 64 ult. It's a small change, but it gives overload more reliable utility.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if we could use weapon abilities from our equipped weapon with Overload again.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it give pet Sorcs feeling of more variety?
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, you already get a 3rd bar that no other class gets.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    When rune cage doesn’t = insta death then you can talk about buffs/improvements

Nerf bad players?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    No, you already get a 3rd bar that no other class gets.

Learn to look past your hate for a class which you clearly haven't a clue about.

This has nothing to do with "you get this already" or "your class is too OP". This is basic functionality. If I am in the middle of using any other ultimate (which Overload is), I am able to switch bars quickly.

I main a magicka NB followed by a magicka DK and magicka Templar. Then comes this class. I can be impartial, so can you.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a buff . It's just a very good suggestion to smooth the mechanics over .