The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would You like ZO$ to upgrade and add more servers?

Jameliel
Jameliel
✭✭✭✭✭

Would You like ZO$ to upgrade and add more servers? 246 votes

Yes
84%
laurajfbill_ESO2CasterialGilvothMoloch1514Clansman2013milesrodneymcneely2_ESOWillardMojmirBelegnolebrent.ballardb14_ESOcodybrewer78b14_ESOKilandrosAnimus-ESOOGLezardmarupa.asakib14_ESOMahabahabthaAH93Aimorafreespirit 208 votes
No
15%
AcrolasInklingsotis67AreziusMorbeousAstridSharaleiidksrfrogg23AhPook_Is_HereEdaphonSheridanAmourAarlurTandormitebaHvzedaAesthierArrilleThe_Smilemeister 38 votes
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sick of the disconnects, especially in Cyrodiil.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    That's like believing in the tooth fairy
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    So why would you not want more and better servers? Seems ridiculous to me with all the problems most people are experiencing.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Performance is the key issue of this game
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes but just the preformance
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes but it is more likely that the Tooth Fairy is real.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not going to happen though
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn’t vote because for one thing, how do you know the performance issues are with the server? It could be on the client side in which case adding more or updating the servers wouldn’t really solve the issue.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The question/entertainment poll is asked as though it is a fix. If it sounded logical, yes, but there is no logic being presented.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've said in all the thread about upgrading servers or adding servers whilst it might have some benefits, it's not going to fix the issues on too many server calls caused by bad skill programming.

I've played an MMO which used the most cutting edge servers which were located in the same country as me and it still pooped itself during mass battles simply because the code/server calls bottleneck.

"Upgrade the servers" and "add more servers" are buzz phrases yelled by people who rarely have invested the time to learn what the actually issued causing the lag are.

Now as I said in the opening it might add some benefits (we don't know much about their hardware outside what the beta folks learnt) but it's not going to entirely fix the issues you want fixed.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    talk to anyone who understand how the game was put together and they will tell you its not the amount of servers or server hardware, its the engine the game was build upon. To put it bluntly it cannot handle added dlcs extra calculations anti bot software and any sort of graphical upgrades, but to fix the problem would require a massive investment in funds to rebuild the entire thing from bottom up so instead we have been sitting on auto pilot with nothing being done for a good 3 years while people throw money at them hand and fist for cosmetic garbage and dlcs that just rock an unstable engine even more
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Turelus wrote: »
    As I've said in all the thread about upgrading servers or adding servers whilst it might have some benefits, it's not going to fix the issues on too many server calls caused by bad skill programming.

I've played an MMO which used the most cutting edge servers which were located in the same country as me and it still pooped itself during mass battles simply because the code/server calls bottleneck.

"Upgrade the servers" and "add more servers" are buzz phrases yelled by people who rarely have invested the time to learn what the actually issued causing the lag are.

Now as I said in the opening it might add some benefits (we don't know much about their hardware outside what the beta folks learnt) but it's not going to entirely fix the issues you want fixed.

This spells out exactly what I was speaking to. Those that have worked with networking and servers understand OP does not have a grasp of the issues in this game.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It would be pointless in the absence of a clear causal relationship between the issues some players are experiencing and the present server configuration. I'm happy to trust that decision to the team running the servers rather than some random players on a forum.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    But money goes in, not out :|
    Edited by Banana on June 30, 2018 8:52AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes Oceanic...
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    If by "upgrade the servers" you meant "fix the lag in Cyrodiil" then I give you a "heck yeah!"
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like saying you need a new house, when all that's wrong with the old one is the terribly out-of-date decorating.
    You don't know if server hardware is even the problem. It's much more likely an issue with the code those servers are running.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    talk to anyone who understand how the game was put together and they will tell you its not the amount of servers or server hardware, its the engine the game was build upon. To put it bluntly it cannot handle added dlcs extra calculations anti bot software and any sort of graphical upgrades, but to fix the problem would require a massive investment in funds to rebuild the entire thing from bottom up so instead we have been sitting on auto pilot with nothing being done for a good 3 years while people throw money at them hand and fist for cosmetic garbage and dlcs that just rock an unstable engine even more

I said yes just because :)

To comment on the quoted text; so you mean a ff14 type of event.

Square was determined for it to be rebuilt. They even let everyone play for free until they were done rebuilding the game.

I remember the last day before a realm reborn launched, they hosted an amazing ingame apocalypse event. When the apocalypse took place, the servers went down so they could bring a realm reborn online.

Was amazing! Square even tied it into the games lore and made it part of the history that they talk about in a realm reborn.

For anyone interested, here is a timeline of events

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61230-An-Eorzean-Timeline.

With all that being said, not a huge fan of ff14 now days. I fell so far behind because of eso lol

I just think maybe zenimax could learn something from square. Fans were not impressed with 14 and bashed it hard and it eventually died quick. Square determine to make it a success did what they did and found an amazing way to do so!

Now it is thriving beyond belief.

Zenimax could do that and then some, just saying.
  • WilhelmTheSlayer
    Yes

Which MMO?
    StamDK DD Nord

PC/EU
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I feel like it could make the game more empty
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they hired talented programmers to get the most out of the resources they have, first. If they're needed, add resources later.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes, engine and graphical optimizations are also needed, since the assets are loaded clientside from the hard drive
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more servers like NA and EU separate?
    I dont think as everything which you atlest get from crwon store isnnt account wide through servers and many people will complain more about they stupid crown store as they boght something before and now on new server they need to pay agin for same things
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

I said yes just because :)

To comment on the quoted text; so you mean a ff14 type of event.

Square was determined for it to be rebuilt. They even let everyone play for free until they were done rebuilding the game.

I remember the last day before a realm reborn launched, they hosted an amazing ingame apocalypse event. When the apocalypse took place, the servers went down so they could bring a realm reborn online.

Was amazing! Square even tied it into the games lore and made it part of the history that they talk about in a realm reborn.

For anyone interested, here is a timeline of events

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61230-An-Eorzean-Timeline.

With all that being said, not a huge fan of ff14 now days. I fell so far behind because of eso lol

I just think maybe zenimax could learn something from square. Fans were not impressed with 14 and bashed it hard and it eventually died quick. Square determine to make it a success did what they did and found an amazing way to do so!

Now it is thriving beyond belief.

Zenimax could do that and then some, just saying.

ESO was never as bad as the original FFXIV (for anyone other than a hardcore MMO/FF fan).

ESO doesn't have cut scenes, something Square have been blowing my mind with for many years. And ESO's "final patch" would, no doubt, be so riddled with bugs and there would be so many players wanting to log in to see the event that they would have to take the game down before we all saw the end. :s
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Hardware is very rarely the actual cause of performance issues.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It seemed to get exponentially worse with the multi-core update, because I'd wager that the skill calls are only half the problem. It's likely the computers being able to compute the game faster then the server can keep up and it's creating the bottleneck.

Multiply it by the playerbase, and that's what we have now. That's all speculation, but if that is part of the problem, adding more servers to lesssen that bottleneck might actually help.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on June 30, 2018 11:14AM
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Seems more likely that they'll just keep everything the way it is, keep making as much money as possible until the game fades off and then move on to the next one. Doesn't really make much sense to put more money into the game now, unless you genuinely care about the quality of your game, your reputation and customer satisfaction.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Upgrade, yeah. Add more servers, no. More servers means there would be 1 server for each alliance and bars would look like this 1 - 1 - 3/locked
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming that "server == Alliance War Campaign" ?

They need to fix their software, not upgrade stuff. Their server software can't be both fast and secure. They fixed that, though. Now it is neither! :neutral:

Should they break out more Campaigns? They have done that in the past. I think they should, but they tend to be resistant to such things.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    upgrade yes
    add no