The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Haunting curse

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_Wrobel

The haunting curse change makes the game less fun.

[removed bashing comment]

That is all.
Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 8, 2018 7:27PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im a sorcerer and I have to agree. Nobody asked for a buff to curse. The guy needs to stop with his random tinkerings and listen to the community a little.

Here is hoping that they'll go along with this Class Rep thing and its not just for show just like they did with summoning some streamers into their quarters for advice.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a change made to make PVE rotations smoother. That’s it.

In PVP you’re recasting it after every detonation at the three second mark anyways, so the buff is moot.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What change? I don't see any patch notes or pinned posts. Was it announced on ESO Live or something?
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed haunting curse like .... 1 years ago ? Maybe more.

They added another explosion that happend 8 sec after the first explosion, in pvp it's better to refresh it every 3 sec. In pve we keep the second explosion.

I don't see the purpose of this thread, there is one thousand nerf sorc thread, here we go -> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421737/mag-sorc-in-pvp-is-riduclous-atm/p1
    You should talk with this guy, he hate curse ( he call it " dark curse " ) and he have literally no argument agaisnt it, like you.
    Edited by Apherius on June 30, 2018 12:26PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if rune cage stays the same way curse needs to be blockable. with curse and rune cage together its over 20k tooltip damage in unmitigated damage. That's stronger than every ultimate in the game and you are taking it every 7 seconds or so.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    omg -_-
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if rune cage stays the same way curse needs to be blockable. with curse and rune cage together its over 20k tooltip damage in unmitigated damage. That's stronger than every ultimate in the game and you are taking it every 7 seconds or so.

You can't do that on a mageblade?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

I don’t believe you know what “unmitigated” means
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

yeah, some think that curse deal oblivion damage.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your right. A better word is unavoidable

You can do that much burst damage on a magblade but it's counterable. Magblade burst damage is probably one of the highest in the game but there is alot of counterplay available.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

You can do that much burst damage on a magblade but it's counterable. Magblade burst damage is probably one of the highest in the game but there is alot of counterplay available.

Fear.

sanguinare vampiris

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fear.

Funny thing about that is a player can break free of fear and then Dodge roll your merciless every time which will result in 0 damage done. You could fear into incap but after the incap you can still block the merciless making magblade burst high but also easy to avoid.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭

Fear.

You also have to be right on top of them to fear, not so with the RC, curse ect.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand. Is rune cage unbreakable?

sanguinare vampiris

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

Fear.

You also have to be right on top of them to fear, not so with the RC, curse ect.

Who cares when you have a class gap closer ?

sanguinare vampiris

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fear.

Rune cage max range is 36m gap closer max range is 22m.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In some scenarios, players with full stamina cannot initially break free from it.

I ran into this last night where break free did not work once or even twice. The third time worked but that's a problem when seconds go by. Had I been pressured, I would have been dead.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Fear.

Rune cage max range is 36m gap closer max range is 22m.

So you cant do exactly the same on a magblade but like pretty close. Check.

sanguinare vampiris

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

In some scenarios, players with full stamina cannot initially break free from it.

I ran into this last night where break free did not work once or even twice. The third time worked but that's a problem when seconds go by. Had I been pressured, I would have been dead.

This has happened to me before and I was wondering if I'd missed a cue to cc break or something.

sanguinare vampiris

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This has happened to me before and I was wondering if I'd missed a cue to cc break or something.

Never seen it with cage, but had it with numerous Cc's in the past.. along with immunity being randomly ignored.. Game is and has always been buggy as hell with CC.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every other loss of player character control has been within melee range. This makes it bearable. Rune is a stun from 40 meters away. It's bad..real bad.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the OP mean Cage?

Cos Curse change was a year ago
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    Every other loss of player character control has been within melee range. This makes it bearable. Rune is a stun from 40 meters away. It's bad..real bad.

And it seems to be extremely routine to have it used on you. Not that I wouldn't spam Petrify as well if my DK had a 40 meter range on the skill. Still, it's redonk. And I agree with others, being able to break free/roll dodge out of it seems very unreliable at best. I seriously have to wonder who is making these decisions on the PvP design team. They clearly don't PvP.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse, Cage and Crystal Frag changes all make sorc less fun to play and play against.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just pure bs.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

This is just pure bs.

BS where? My sorc has a curse tooltip of over 12k and a 8k run cage tooltip that's 20k tooltip damage in damage that can't be blocked or dodge rolled there isn't any ultimate in the game that I'm aware of that has a higher tooltip. Ice commet will come close. you are basically taken this unavoidable damage every 7 seconds or so. Is there any reason for sorc to have two abilities with around 10k tooltip damage that goes through basic defensive functions like block and dodge roll? In my opinion that's too strong maybe you feel differently.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard there was a bunch of whine here.....so I brought some cheese!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is just pure bs.

BS where? My sorc has a curse tooltip of over 12k and a 8k run cage tooltip that's 20k tooltip damage in damage that can't be blocked or dodge rolled there isn't any ultimate in the game that I'm aware of that has a higher tooltip. Ice commet will come close. you are basically taken this unavoidable damage every 7 seconds or so. Is there any reason for sorc to have two abilities with around 10k tooltip damage that goes through basic defensive functions like block and dodge roll? In my opinion that's too strong maybe you feel differently.

Unmitigated and unavoidable are 2 very different things.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just pure bs.

@thankyourat yeah it’s not unmitigated, only oblivion damage is unmitigated. If you have a 12k tooltip, that’s halved in PvP and by the time you count other sources of mitigation it’s proably hitting for 4-5k tops. Rune prison might hit for 2k. So tops you’re talking about 5-7k or maybe 8k damage or there about. Nowhere near 20k. And for that you have to line them up perfectly. Lots of skills hit for that much separately. Hell I’ve been hit with 8k dizzy swings. Assassins will, which is very easy to proc now, can hit for 8-14k depening on armor type and if it crits. Sub assault hits for about the amount that curse does and it’s aoe and provides fracture. I also agree that rune cage as a CC needs to be looked at but the damage isn’t bad.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Im a sorcerer and I have to agree. Nobody asked for a buff to curse. The guy needs to stop with his random tinkerings and listen to the community a little.

Here is hoping that they'll go along with this Class Rep thing and its not just for show just like they did with summoning some streamers into their quarters for advice.

Class reps wont work out as the system for nominations was stupid, some people asked friends and other ppl to vote for them on multiple accounts and therefore they became class reps, and not because they are known by the community as exceptional players. On top of that I cant imagine how bad the communication between ZO$ and the "class reps" is lmao.