The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

RANDOM MOUNT

N0TPLAYER2
N0TPLAYER2
✭✭✭✭✭
Please give us an option for random mount.

It would be great to equip it and not know what you’ll get. Would encourage more mount purchases.

Thoughts?
Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on June 29, 2018 7:17PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by eso_nya on June 29, 2018 7:21PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That addon is fine but due to the limitations of the api, it only changes mounts upon zone change, i.e. a loading screen.

I concur with OP, give this to us with the stock ui, with mount change after every dismount and including a select screen which mount(s) we want in the rotation.

I own about 30 mounts and manually changing them all the time is tedious. :D:D
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh this is a fun idea.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    That addon is fine but due to the limitations of the api, it only changes mounts upon zone change, i.e. a loading screen.

I concur with OP, give this to us with the stock ui, with mount change after every dismount and including a select screen which mount(s) we want in the rotation.

I support this idea ... but isn’t it two clicks to change your mount?

One click to access Collections and another to select the mount? Very sorry that this is an “inconvenience” for you??
  • GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has collected a lot of mounts over the years I think this is a fun idea to at least have as an option.

That being said I think it should be limited, if possible, to PVE zones as we all already know that Cyrodiil experiences enough lag from trying to register all the different passives, abilities, etc. I think that throwing this Random Mounting Experience into the mix of everything else that's happening in Cyro would just bog it down even more.

That being said I think it's a cool idea.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One click to access Collections and another to select the mount? Very sorry that this is an “inconvenience” for you??

Sure its a click to start the process then a click to end it. But your ignoring all the scrolling in between to choose the mount. And then making sure its a different mount or worse choosing the specific Guar or Horse or Cat or Wolf or whatever you want.

So, yea, its inconvient to use a variety of mounts.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is tedious. I would prefer to be surprised with which mount pops up and as @Nestor said, with a certain amount of mounts available, the picking and choosing get's cumbersome.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was another addon called Pimp My Ride which did the same thing but had more options (at least more than were mentioned on the Random Mount page, I've not installed it yet), but it stopped working a while ago and I don't think it's been updated yet.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    I just threw up a little in my mouth!

Thoughts?
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Please give us an option for random mount.

It would be great to equip it and not know what you’ll get. Would encourage more mount purchases.

Thoughts?

Why? I see no point to it.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually does not change only with zones, unlike Pimp My Ride did. Random Mount changes anytime the location changes. So, going in and out of cities. Walking up to a wayshrine and away from it will change both your mount and pet (if you so choose). I think it was meant to do it via zones, but it actually does not change when changing zones.

There are not many settings, but you can control which pets and mounts are in the random selection. An option to change it after each mount would be and interesting option to add. I would also love a keybind to randomly change it at my will. Though with the frequency that it changes now it is not hard to run a bit and have it change on its own.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »

I thought he meant like a mount crate by itself which is a random one out of any mount from any pack including the ultra rare ones and if you get a double you just get the 1/2-1/3rd gems for it as usual. Something like the Gold Vehicle pack like Swtor CM has.
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do it on every character, but I would on some. I agree its a fun idea!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It actually does not change only with zones, unlike Pimp My Ride did. Random Mount changes anytime the location changes. So, going in and out of cities. Walking up to a wayshrine and away from it will change both your mount and pet (if you so choose). I think it was meant to do it via zones, but it actually does not change when changing zones.

There are not many settings, but you can control which pets and mounts are in the random selection. An option to change it after each mount would be and interesting option to add. I would also love a keybind to randomly change it at my will. Though with the frequency that it changes now it is not hard to run a bit and have it change on its own.

Woah, thanks for that info! I'll go and install it right away, maybe that is what I looked for, sounds much better than pimp my ride.

Also, I counted again… 51 mounts… o:)o:)o:)
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are trying to convince ZOS that this will be a more profitable idea then why don't they just sell a random mount option which will give them more money.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice is the addon also adjusted mount visual upgrades per mount. I turn the fat horse saddle bags offf but turn them back on for wolves, bears and cats.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify I’m on Xbox so no add ons.

Also, I didn’t mean to buy. I meant when you go into mount selection screen, the top option is random mount. Any time you mount it can be random from whatever you own.

It doesn’t seem like it would be hard to add.
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on June 30, 2018 11:44PM
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    It is certainly an entertaining idea. Preferably with a toggle & option to choose which mounts will participate.
    While at it please include a mount speed slider! Maybe sometimes I want to trot while I role-play without striving for carpal tunnel because mount speed is maxed at 60 :D
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something or does the Random Mount add-on use the same settings for all characters?

I installed it thinking it would be a good substitute for Pimp My Ride, but it seems like all characters have to share the same selection of active mounts, which makes it useless for me since each of my characters uses their own sub-set of mounts.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Am I missing something or does the Random Mount add-on use the same settings for all characters?

I installed it thinking it would be a good substitute for Pimp My Ride, but it seems like all characters have to share the same selection of active mounts, which makes it useless for me since each of my characters uses their own sub-set of mounts.

Yes, I believe its settings are global. I wonder if the creator is able/willing to make some enhancements.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Yes, I believe its settings are global. I wonder if the creator is able/willing to make some enhancements.

If I knew how to I'd do it myself. But I've never looked into making (or editing) mods for ESO and my experience with trying to learn modding for other games convinced me that it's not for me.

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My gear always matches my mount, so I personally wouldn't use it.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having reinstalled this addon for what must be the 3rd time and run into the same problem: the settings are account wide instead of character based I decided to see if it's something I could change myself. And it turns out that not only is it possible but it's really, really simple.

So in case anyone else wants to use it with character specific settings here's what you do. I'm not sure if it matters but I had the game closed down just in case. Also these instructions are for Windows, but I assume it's pretty similar on a Mac.
    1. If you've used it before open the SavedVariables folder and delete the file RandomMount.lua
    2. Open your Addons folder and find the one for Random Mount
    3. Right Click RandomMount.lua and choose Open With
    4. Choose Notepad (or a similar basis text editor)
    5. Press Ctrl+F
    6. Type Saved and click Find Next
    7. Check it's found the line ZO_SavedVars:NewAccountWide
    8. Delete the AccountWide part
    9. Click File, Save

Now when you open up ESO and change the settings for one character it won't carry over to the others.

I assume the same edit would work with other addons but I'm not sure if there could be unintended consequences if it's something more complicated.

• Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun. Maybe for a couple of times.

There must other ways of making it fun.