Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

too many mag sorcs right now

• DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    I've been a magsorc since console launch. It's my main and will continue to be so, even during the worst of nerfs.

So, no! I'm not switching :tongue::wink:

Worst of sorc nerfs? No such thing ever

I'm not saying sorcs have been nerfed into the ground or anything, but we've been hit with some pretty substantial nerfs in the past. Why do you think shields only last 6 seconds and ultimate cap is 500 instead of 1000.

We may not have been hit as hard as some classes have in the past, but we also had a period where if you were a magsorc in trials you got kicked. Magsorc has not always been on top like people think and we have hit just as many lows as every body else.

I could be here all night complaining about nightblades, dragonknights, wardens, templars and their OP'ness.

So many nightblades kill you in 2 seconds flat if they proc and if not immediately return to stealth.

So many dragonknights do some insane damage whilst remaining extremely tanky.

So many wardens dish out good damage with sustain and heals, making them tanky.

So many templars do good damage while healing themselves and the team, cleansing debuffs and maintaining pressure.

Just saying, I've seen every class do well in bg's and several of each class that no matter what my team and I did, we could not kill some of them.

Don't even get me started on how OP stamina is compared to magic in PvP
    .... If you think otherwise, you've been fighting people who don't know how to play a stamina toon.

Lol just no. Curse>Endless Fury>Meteor>Rune Cage>Frag kills any and all medium armor builds 100% of the time on a good build. And this is coming from a mag sorc main.

I don't run meta though and I play my own play style. Not saying I wont try out rune cage since everyone seems to like and hate it so much, but I don't even use meteor.

Before you say I'm just a newb, I average 10-20 kills per match before Summerset using my own build that I still use in Summerset.

I only had a week of Summerset and am getting internet back tomorrow. However the matches I did get in, it didn't seem like other sorcs were stronger than me and other classes were still slaughtering. I was still consistently on the top score of my team in kills and points.

Again, I'm not saying sorcs aren't overpowered, I have little to go on since I didn't get much testing in. Don't give me that crap about them being the only viable PvP class or that they're easy mode. Try running something other than meta...

I'm not going to divulge my build simply because I don't want the hate nor make it wide spread so maybe it gets nerfed... Keep in mind it's pre-Summerset gear... I could go toe to toe with anyone else that was good at their class. I don't base things off the masses, I base things off the good players that have skill.

You want to nerf rune cage? That seems to be the go to whine and cheese these days, then how about nerfing some of the other classes stuns, immobilizes and snares? Personally I'd much rather have my Crystal frag stun back so by all means, please change it back.

Anytime sorcs get something decent the entire forums erupt with nerf threads.

Anyway, can't argue this. It's a matter of opinion. You keep thinking every class is OP and cry nerf. Yet you wonder why the game is becoming dull and certain classes don't perform well. Stop chasing meta, stop chasing BiS, stop crying nerf.

I'll end with this. Nerf nightblades..... Want to talk about OP af.... Dont care if you lose stealth you're easy to kill, that's if I see you before you do me.

Melee or ranged it doesnt matter, stamina has so many spammable OP abilities and proc sets it's unreal.
    Options
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes from patch to patch.

That’s why I usually have 4 different PvP characters, you never know what the next meta will be.

StamWarden, StamBlade, MagSorc, and MagBlade,

I can say with absolute certainty that regardless of the patch Stamblades are everywhere

right now stamblades arent nearly as popular as they were the patch before

honestly I'm seeing very few good stamblades anymore. Most are stamblades in bgs are snipe spammers
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s why I usually have 4 different PvP characters, you never know what the next meta will be.

I can say with absolute certainty that regardless of the patch Stamblades are everywhere

Well, I have the same approach. I have 9 toons ready to jump into PvP (skill lines and skills maxed, collected skyshards etc.), but I use on regular basis just 4 of them. While you can see more sorcs since summerset launch, you can also tell easily which are the ones that switched lately - they die pretty easy.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But my only character since 2015 is a sorc... and a newish poorly leveled stam knight
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a magsorc since console launch. It's my main and will continue to be so, even during the worst of nerfs.

I'm not saying sorcs have been nerfed into the ground or anything, but we've been hit with some pretty substantial nerfs in the past. Why do you think shields only last 6 seconds and ultimate cap is 500 instead of 1000.

We may not have been hit as hard as some classes have in the past, but we also had a period where if you were a magsorc in trials you got kicked. Magsorc has not always been on top like people think and we have hit just as many lows as every body else.

I could be here all night complaining about nightblades, dragonknights, wardens, templars and their OP'ness.

So many nightblades kill you in 2 seconds flat if they proc and if not immediately return to stealth.

So many templars do good damage while healing themselves and the team, cleansing debuffs and maintaining pressure.

Just saying, I've seen every class do well in bg's and several of each class that no matter what my team and I did, we could not kill some of them.

.... If you think otherwise, you've been fighting people who don't know how to play a stamina toon.

Lol just no. Curse>Endless Fury>Meteor>Rune Cage>Frag kills any and all medium armor builds 100% of the time on a good build. And this is coming from a mag sorc main.

Lol nope? :D There is so much defences against this combo:
    1. When you see circle around you just hit immovability pot, rune cage is useless and 170 ultimate points just got wasted.
    2. Circle around you? Cloak and block. 80% of a time sorc won't be fast enough to use rune cage. Timing is important here for both sides as cage drops with a delay, if sorc fails to stun you while meteor lands he just wasted precious ults.
    3. If you're a templar just purge out of curse and furry, combo is wasted even if meteor lands.
    4. If you're a vamp use mist form. Even on stamina toons this skill is amazing, it allows you to go on regen stamina mode without worrying about being cced. It also allows you to LoS and escape when you face unlockable stuns. You can also cast it and block it immediately so you cancel the primary effect but major expedition stays so you can sprint fast as wind. Just amazing skill.
    5. Use reflect as DK or warden. Curse meteor and cage combo can hurt. If you're at full hp and you reflect frags and light attacks, you will probably survive.
    6. Last but not least, when you see circle around you try to cc sorc. He won't be able to cage you on time.

Don't get me wrong, this combo is very powerful, but it's nowhere close to 100% guaranteed kill.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people (like me) just like playing as sorcerers, and perhaps Summerset attracted more of us mage types? Not everything has to be about numbers and mechanics...
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorcs are fine tbh.

It’s all these damn dot defile builds running around that just tee everyone up to get one rounded by a mag sorc.

Starting off fights at 60% HP because of sloads and master DW bleed from a stamblade means you get insta-gibbed by a magsorc combo.

If there wasn’t so much free damage floating around, the curse + pulse + sorc execute combo wouldn’t be so deadly.

And rune cage too but tbh that’s more of a 1v1 thing.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Waves sorc pride flag*

NO!......that's class-ist! :*
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Killing a sorc isn't so bad but i do think its BS that they have the best execute in the game. The hardest part about finishing a kill is getting off that execute before they heal out of execute range. Mages Wrath/endless fury takes one of the most important factors of a fight completely out of the equation.

Which brings us to several questions.

A ) Who should have the best execute? Or should all executes function in the exact same way? Wouldn't that be boring? Also then every pre-applied execute must be reworked. Just as a reminder, I can start jesus beaming someone and hope their health drops low enough while I channel. Also Poison Injection is a pre-applied execute DoT. "It's nowhere near as effective" you might say, but the mechanics are still similar, and that is what you're talking about, the mechanic.

B ) People lost many, many tears when ZOS decided to rip apart a well functioning, unique class mechanic from Dragonknights when they made whip dodgeable (stun-> break free, subsequent root lured people to dodge out of roots instead of blocking undodgeable whips), remember? Point is, unique mechanics and a well synergyzing class kit is important for every class.

C ) Many stam builds revert to dodge healing when they drop near or below execute range. A PI already applied or an undodgeable AoE execute also takes skill out of the equation. Doesn't it?

honestly I'm seeing very few good stamblades anymore. Most are stamblades in bgs are snipe spammers

Wasn't it always like this? Okay, more stamblades than currently but most of them were snipers from the back, at least in Cyro.
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No let magsorc be, except a few that are a pain to fight, 95% of magsorcs out there are just trash that ride the sorc OP Meta wave and thinks everyone is an easy kill. 95% of the time the sorc ends up dead.
    Options
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this whole last week on Xbox it seems like most games there are 5-8 sorcs. I've been on a ton of teams where I am the only non-sorc.

it's getting pretty annoying lol. We need some diversity up in here.

So wait. Ya'll are upset that people...are playing classes...they like to play? That's like, beyond petty XD
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Truth is, Sorcerer is a very versatile magicka class. You can swap around skills when you get bored of the same combos. Animations are great, mobility is really nice and if you can set up a good burst it makes for a very powerful class.

It is simply really fun to play a sorcerer in this game. Just because we now have the best stun in the game, everyone cries nerf. Do not forget our self healing is tied to a resto staff or a reeeeeealy long animation which gets interrupted when someone sneezes on the other end of Cyrodiil. Yes, yes, I know. Shields. I play in non-CP (as I prefer to play with skill and reaction time, rather than CP points combination), so shields to me are of no use.

Players will always gravitate to something that is more fun to play and sorcerer can be very forgiving if you make a mistake, hence the reason.

P.S. I know that this is another 'Nerf Rune Cage' thread. Just like we had 'Nerf Shields' and 'nerf Streak' and 'Nerf Sorc' threads, but I ain't taking that bait!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop. If people keep complaining about mag sorcs ZOS will retaliate by nerfing stamina DKs again.

So true.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    In wrobel land when you see 6 ppl you need to he in a group of 7 of similar skill. Skill>class. 6sorcs1negate.com

I'd be affraid of a 6 stamblade group
    Edited by Jurand80 on June 29, 2018 10:00AM
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this whole last week on Xbox it seems like most games there are 5-8 sorcs. I've been on a ton of teams where I am the only non-sorc.
    Last weekend, I finished Summerset with my stamNB, and I enjoyed the DLC so much, I pulled my Altmer magSorc out of retirement so I could play through it again.

I completely forgot how OP magSorcs are against NPCs in this game. Just throw down a few DoTs and by the time I get to the actual battle, corpses lie on the ground.

Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Truth is, Sorcerer is a very versatile magicka class. You can swap around skills when you get bored of the same combos. Animations are great, mobility is really nice and if you can set up a good burst it makes for a very powerful class.

It is simply really fun to play a sorcerer in this game. Just because we now have the best stun in the game, everyone cries nerf. Do not forget our self healing is tied to a resto staff or a reeeeeealy long animation which gets interrupted when someone sneezes on the other end of Cyrodiil. Yes, yes, I know. Shields. I play in non-CP (as I prefer to play with skill and reaction time, rather than CP points combination), so shields to me are of no use.

Players will always gravitate to something that is more fun to play and sorcerer can be very forgiving if you make a mistake, hence the reason.

P.S. I know that this is another 'Nerf Rune Cage' thread. Just like we had 'Nerf Shields' and 'nerf Streak' and 'Nerf Sorc' threads, but I ain't taking that bait!

Disagree on the bolded part. Strongly disagree. What do you swap out, Reach for Cage? Which combos can you pull of beside the old curse-wrath-X ? Where is the mobility as soon as you're snared?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 29, 2018 10:33AM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing a sorc isn't so bad but i do think its BS that they have the best execute in the game. The hardest part about finishing a kill is getting off that execute before they heal out of execute range. Mages Wrath/endless fury takes one of the most important factors of a fight completely out of the equation.

And at range to boot. Nothing is really close to sorc at the range game. Even if the sorc is not on point with keeping shields up, it’s easy to pick a target already engaged and drop the combo on them. Sorcs are not difficult to deal with when you can pressure them. That’s not always possible

And I don’t think it was so much the staff counting as 2 piece as much as light and heavy attacks scaling. Added a lot of damage to sorcs who were more into stacking max magicka. Put a damper on the classes that relied on stam weapons as magicka toons.
    Edited by technohic on June 29, 2018 10:51AM
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must play against sucky opponents. I too main a Mag sorc... What gimp build is going to let you get all of that off LMAO. Any good stamina toon will rip you to pieces as soon as your stamina runs out. And you sound like meteor stays up all the time and can't be dodged... I know several nightblades in game who would toast you.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A ) Who should have the best execute? Or should all executes function in the exact same way? Wouldn't that be boring? Also then every pre-applied execute must be reworked. Just as a reminder, I can start jesus beaming someone and hope their health drops low enough while I channel. Also Poison Injection is a pre-applied execute DoT. "It's nowhere near as effective" you might say, but the mechanics are still similar, and that is what you're talking about, the mechanic.

B ) People lost many, many tears when ZOS decided to rip apart a well functioning, unique class mechanic from Dragonknights when they made whip dodgeable (stun-> break free, subsequent root lured people to dodge out of roots instead of blocking undodgeable whips), remember? Point is, unique mechanics and a well synergyzing class kit is important for every class.

C ) Many stam builds revert to dodge healing when they drop near or below execute range. A PI already applied or an undodgeable AoE execute also takes skill out of the equation. Doesn't it?

Wasn't it always like this? Okay, more stamblades than currently but most of them were snipers from the back, at least in Cyro.

Please dont try to act as if Mages Wrath and PI are the same... One is much better than the other and one everyone has access to. PI is a dot execute and much easier to deal with. Also trying to say radiant is as good as mages wrath is honestly a joke that isn't very funny.

Im not saying clases should be homogenized and made to be the same but mages wrath/endless fury helps to make sorcs the easiest class to play in PvP (stam sorc even easisr to play) and i dislike it. Im not even saying it should be nerfed or changed, it just rubs me the wrong way. Just hope all you sorcs out there realize you have it on easy street especially for BGs. I discovered that after using my own for a bit...
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 29, 2018 12:22PM
    Options
  • meatboll
    meatboll
    I'm ok with sorc, not ok with zookeeper.
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERF
    LoL, NO
    let them have their OP moment
    enjoy it, as long as it will last
    Edited by Azurya on June 29, 2018 12:21PM
    Options
  • Eduard_Rodric
    Eduard_Rodric
    ✭✭✭
    Idk why ppl complain about mag sorcs. Mag sorcerers are weaks stam sorc with sload is veyr very strong, one of the best classes pvp on this expansion. Now is steel tornado and dawnbreaker.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wDQpMX6.gif
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on June 29, 2018 12:30PM
    Options
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezmode.
    Options
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Ehh? On my pre-50 DK (only character I’m pvp-ing with rn) I’m usually swarmed by teams of Nightblade with the one sorc at the back spamming endless fury xD
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on June 29, 2018 12:50PM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Please dont try to act as if Mages Wrath and PI are the same... One is much better than the other and one everyone has access to. PI is a dot execute and much easier to deal with. Also trying to say radiant is as good as mages wrath is honestly a joke that isn't very funny.

Im not saying clases should be homogenized and made to be the same but mages wrath/endless fury helps to make sorcs the easiest class to play in PvP (stam sorc even easisr to play) and i dislike it. Im not even saying it should be nerfed or changed, it just rubs me the wrong way. Just hope all you sorcs out there realize you have it on easy street especially for BGs. I discovered that after using my own for a bit...

Good way to talk past my points. You say the mechanic of pre-applied executes is what makes sorcs so strong, but continue to ignore that it isn't even the only execute that can be applied before the threshold. I even mentioned what you said in my own comment ("not as effective") but this is surely only about mechanics, isn't it?

And what I don't get is, you say mag sorc is so easy to play because of that mechanic, yet so deem stam sorcs as even easier, who have no access to said execute. So what makes them even easier? Implosion?

As far as Battlegrounds go... I assume you're talking about kill stealing... I see it more of an scoring issue, but whatever, yep, change a well synergyzing class mechanic because of lazy scoring systems.
    Idk why ppl complain about mag sorcs. Mag sorcerers are weaks stam sorc with sload is veyr very strong, one of the best classes pvp on this expansion. Now is steel tornado and dawnbreaker.

All 3 things you mentioned aren't even class specific.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 29, 2018 2:02PM
    Options
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yall need to chill. Magsorcs really are middle tier. Theres more of them because people come to the forums and see people crying about how good they are.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good way to talk past my points. You say the mechanic of pre-applied executes is what makes sorcs so strong, but continue to ignore that it isn't even the only execute that can be applied before the threshold. I even mentioned what you said in my own comment ("not as effective") but this is surely only about mechanics, isn't it?

And what I don't get is, you say mag sorc is so easy to play because of that mechanic, yet so deem stam sorcs as even easier, who have no access to said execute. So what makes them even easier? Implosion?

As far as Battlegrounds go... I assume you're talking about kill stealing... I see it more of an scoring issue, but whatever, yep, change a well synergyzing class mechanic because of lazy scoring systems.

I'm talking past your points because they are bad points. PI is a dot It does not deal an immediate large chunk of damage as soon as you get into execute range.

Radiant destruction is a channeling execute so you can do literally nothing else while the execute is on while a sorc can continue to cast other abilities and shied and heal and still attack while executing. I rarely even see magplars use this in PvP because of how restrictive it is on movement and because it is a channel.

Stamsorcs are even easier because all they have to do is pop hurricane, dawnbrearker and spin to win with their aoe undodgeable execute and implosion to boot. Maybe throw in a twin slashes for good measure. Its the easiest rotation in the game for PvP. Add in that many stamsorcs are slotting runecage and its honestly a joke.

I never even said i want it to be changed. I specifically said im not calling for a nerf. I just want PvP sorcs to realize they are playing the class with the least amount of skill required to play it. I kill them sometimes and they kill me sometimes. It's just that one of us actually has to try. I'm fine with that. Makes the kill that much sweeter.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 29, 2018 2:06PM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm talking past your points because they are bad points. PI is a dot It does not deal an immediate large chunk of damage as soon as you get into execute range.

Radiant destruction is a channeling execute so you can do literally nothing else while the execute is on while a sorc can continue to cast other abilities and shied and heal and still attack while executing. I rarely even see magplars use this in PvP because of how restrictive it is on movement and because it is a channel.

Stamsorcs are even easier because all they have to do is pop hurricane, dawnbrearker and spin to win with their aoe undodgeable execute and implosion to boot. Maybe throw in a twin slashes for good measure. Its the easiest rotation in the game for PvP. Add in that many stamsorcs are slotting runecage and its honestly a joke.

I never even said i want it to be changed. I specifically said im not calling for a nerf. I just want PvP sorcs to realize they are playing the class with the least amount of skill required to play it. I kill them sometimes and they kill me sometimes. It's just that one of us actually has to try. I'm fine with that. Makes the kill that much sweeter.

Guess that still came across wrong. I agree with you that neither PI nor RD are on the same effective level as Wrath. But it seemed you dislike the whole idea of delayed executes. I just wanted to remind that there are a few instances and that the mechanic itself isn't entirely unique. Is it annoying? Sure it can be, especially when focused and outnumbered. But mechanic wise is doesn't change the fact that PI damage boosts as soon as your health dips low, even when pre-applied (sort of the point of and DoT, isn't it?) or get RD up with a timed Purifying Light. But yes, Wrath is still stronger.

You said you wouldn't change it, me neither. I wouldn't even know how to change it without making it sorc's impale. But that isn't our issue.

I see where you're coming from with stam sorcs. But mind that they could do that for ages and nobody ever said "stam sorcs are so easy in PvP". Don't even know where the hype comes from now. Neither Implosion nor Hurricane got buffed, and the rest isn't even class specific. So must be Rune Cage that caused the shift, I guess? But the cage dmg on a stamsorc should be really low.
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options