The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to do....

MadHatterMike
MadHatterMike
✭✭
So I recently came back to ESO, and with so much new stuff (since thieves guild), would it 1) be easier to start a new character and experience it all again, or 2) try to work on my old characters(CP 414ish) and try to catch up with everything( I have a Magicka Nightblade, Templar and Sorc).

If I did start a new character, which one would be best to go from beginning to Summerset? Magicka? Stamina?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what you like in ESO. If you are here for dungeons/trials/PvP, probably better to use one of old toons, magicka sorc now are pretty strong. If you are here for lore/quests - a new toon might be better option.
  • MadHatterMike
    MadHatterMike
    ✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    I think it depends on what you like in ESO. If you are here for dungeons/trials/PvP, probably better to use one of old toons, magicka sorc now are pretty strong. If you are here for lore/quests - a new toon might be better option.

I would like to do both, Dungeons, and Questing
  • MadHatterMike
    MadHatterMike
    ✭✭
    Soella wrote: »

I would like to do both, Dungeons, and Questing

But also have alot of catching up to do on my crafting toon as well
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade are very good.

- Requiered for lot of trials ( especially for Vasylum sanctarium and VCloudrest ). I can't count the number of time i heard " We need more MagNb "

- Very good dps and heal allies while doing dps ( the reason why i said they are requiered for Endgame )

- For PVP it's just awesome, you can gank players and even become one of these " Bomblade " that kill 20/25 players while they are repairing/taking a keep/ressource ...

- The skills animations look awesome ( <3 spectral bow )

- The best part is that you will rarely encouter " Nerf MagNb " thread unlike the sorcerer

There is like a hundred of Nerf sorc thread ... Nerf rune cage ... Nerf overload ... Nerf shields ... Nerf Dark deal .. Nerf curse+Rune cage .. even some thought that streak is " still a bit too strong " ( for almost all sorc skills lol ). You really don't want to pass your time thinking that your build will probably be soon " destroyed " because of these threads.

• MadHatterMike
    MadHatterMike
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

- Requiered for lot of trials ( especially for Vasylum sanctarium and VCloudrest ). I can't count the number of time i heard " We need more MagNb "

- Very good dps and heal allies while doing dps ( the reason why i said they are requiered for Endgame )

- For PVP it's just awesome, you can gank players and even become one of these " Bomblade " that kill 20/25 players while they are repairing/taking a keep/ressource ...

- The best part is that you will rarely encouter " Nerf MagNb " thread unlike the sorcerer

There is like a hundred of Nerf sorc thread ... Nerf rune cage ... Nerf overload ... Nerf shields ... Nerf Dark deal .. Nerf curse+Rune cage .. even some thought that streak is " still a bit too strong " ( for almost all sorc skills lol ). You really don't want to pass your time thinking that your build will probably be soon " destroyed " because of these threads.

Should I use my CP 415 toon, or start a new one to get all the benefits from coming back to the game
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Should I use my CP 415 toon, or start a new one to get all the benefits from coming back to the game

Well, you should better start a new char, you will keep your cp anyway cause it's account bound ( and you can spend them at lvl 1 ), except if you feel very close from your old char.
    No need to grind anything, it's very easy to get to lvl 50 now, just do the quest and have fun !
    Edited by Apherius on June 28, 2018 5:55PM
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    I wouldn't start a new character unless you want to play something other than what you already have. If you have Summerset you can "catch up" just by doing the main story quest from the new chapter. You will continue to gain CP, you'll get more skill points from sky shards etc, and you will be doing the current content. At 414 CP you can already run all the dungeons, it sounds like you just need to get reacquainted with the game and your current character, which you can do just by going through the new content.

From a story and lore perspective, you probably should start with the Morrowind chapter, then Clockwork City and then Summerset, but that's only if you care about seeing the story in chronological order.