Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sprint Bug

Nermy
Nermy
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone got any workarounds or solutions for this bug?

For those who don't know it's when you sprint in a fight and for some reason you get stuck in sprint. No skills will go off because the game thinks you are sprinting. It's a real pita, was in some big fights last week with my guild and was pretty much useless. Well, more useless than I usually am... ;)
@Nermy
Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprinting until out of stamina fixes it for me. Given I survive.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had read those. Just wondered if anyone has any idea hot to stop it without smashing my keyboard to feck...
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run in circles until you’re out of stamina. Seriously, it’s a crude fix which brings a brand new problem of having zero stam, but it works.
    Edited by Anrose on June 11, 2018 12:23PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Press the sprint key, simple as that.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try 1) double tab shift it's a quicker fix than "running out of stamina"
    2) I'm wondering if outfits make a difference. Try running with/without and outfit or a costume

This and the wrong weapon display bug are super annoying
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO , your advice is to get nekkid? lol!

Thanks guys, will try doing that next time. It is so frustrating, especially in the middle of a huge fight.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Press the sprint key, simple as that.

If this works, and I'm quite sure it didn't work for me in the past, I will feel soooo stupid.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been able to "fix" it by tapping Sprint. It will disengage it.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, this bug has been around forever and tapping sprint has always fixed it for me.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Yeah, this bug has been around forever and tapping sprint has always fixed it for me.

It's only recently I have really noticed it. I remember one where you had to keep swapping your bars.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like either a computer issue or an internet upload issue. Computer issue could be how fast you have a key set to repeat. So if you hold down a key for long enough your sending 1000000 sprint commands to the server. Or your internet upload speed is so slow that whenever you try to do another action your overwriting it or something.

Could be an eso bug i dunno.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO has bugs? Noooooo.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like either a computer issue or an internet upload issue. Computer issue could be how fast you have a key set to repeat. So if you hold down a key for long enough your sending 1000000 sprint commands to the server. Or your internet upload speed is so slow that whenever you try to do another action your overwriting it or something.

I’ve had this bug on console many of times. I think it has something to do with animation cancelling and clicking sprint. Like it gets locked up on the que.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: I might have missed the sarcasm. Maybe?
    Edited by zyk on June 12, 2018 5:17PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most def a router issue, or l2p. can we please close this thread and move on?
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any investigations?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any investigations?

They are currently investigating the potential impact of Crown gifting to their bonuses.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapping your sprint key again tends to fix it, but not necessarily always. But who doesn't love accidentally running off keep walls into the zerg waiting below?? While we're at it, anyone have a fix for the roll dodge bug where your roll dodge button stops respecting directional input and just makes you go backwards?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Wrobel

Do you guys still read this forum?..
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Wrobel

Do you guys still read this forum?..

Maybe if we gift them enough Crates, they'll start fixing some bugs...
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug is caused by getting a micro-loadingscreen while holding sprint. During the load screen the game "forgets" the state of your sprint key, and does not register that i has been released (it still thinks you keep it held down). As mentioned, pressing and releasing the sprint key lets the game catch up on the state of the key, returning you to normal.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The bug is caused by getting a micro-loadingscreen while holding sprint. During the load screen the game "forgets" the state of your sprint key, and does not register that i has been released (it still thinks you keep it held down). As mentioned, pressing and releasing the sprint key lets the game catch up on the state of the key, returning you to normal.

Oh, that's very interesting.

Anyway, happened to me in a big fight and mashing the shift key cleared it so that's grand. :)
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an interesting variant of this bug where I got locked out of sprint. All skills were unavailable for use, couldn't use light or heavy attacks, couldn't mount up or sneak, couldn't weapon swap. The only available actions I could take were walk, not walk and fish. Luckily I was on a fishing expedition...

It happened in Cyrodiil when I was tracking down my last fishie for the region. I was on DC and had traversed the map to get to the only Ocean fishing holes on the entire map, which the Devs evily placed directly in front of one of AD's main gates. Everything was fine until I slipped off a rock and started getting nibbled by slaughterfish. I got one of those micro-loading screens while they were eating me, then managed to make it back to shore before dying (barely lol). After that, everything was locked out, as mentioned above. It took another couple of hours of slowly lumbering from water hole to water hole, but happy ending... I'm now a Master Anger! XD

Looking back and reading above, it looks like getting those micro-loading screens doesn't just affect your movement state while sprinting but all of your movement states. My best guess is there was some sort of a flag that said I was still swimming and therefore unable to select any skills, attack, ride, sneak, or weapon swap.

And no, hopping back in the water and out again, letting the fishies nibble me again, and tapping the sprint key didn't help; I tried all of that while affected by the bug. Luckily everything was back to normal once I exited Cyrodiil.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug continues to be a major issue. Has ZOS even acknowledged it?

I sprint a lot. It's something I do frequently in combat without even thinking about it. So when the bug occurs, it's extremely jarring and frustrating. Multiple times a night, I'll have an opponent stunned and in execute range and I'll run circles around them instead of finishing them off.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Another bug at the bottom of my please fix list.. It has only gotten me rekt 1 time, and that was because I didn't know the solution. Hit sprint key again and done :)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another bug at the bottom of my please fix list.. It has only gotten me rekt 1 time, and that was because I didn't know the solution. Hit sprint key again and done :)

I've known the solution for years. This bug has always been an issue to varying degrees. However, it's become more of an issue over the past few months. Further, tapping shift does not always immediately fix it anymore as has been previously noted.

Of course, not all bugs impact all players equally. For me and others I know, this bug is impacting my performance *at least* a few times an hour. Sometimes it's a few times a fight.
    This and the wrong weapon display bug are super annoying
    I agree, that is another bug that is driving me insane because I tend not to look at my bars.
    Edited by zyk on October 4, 2018 10:05PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug continues to be a major issue. Has ZOS even acknowledged it?.

Yep - the patch notes even mention ZOS added additional logging to help track down the cause.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    This bug continues to be a major issue. Has ZOS even acknowledged it?.

Yep - the patch notes even mention ZOS added additional logging to help track down the cause.

Oh nice. I missed those patch notes. That's very good news. Thank you.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that in the PTS notes. Good to see it being addressed because it still affects me about 2-3 times a night.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!