Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How many times have you crashed in the last 24 hours?

• Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-9
    On NA here playing through Steam. I've been getting screen freezes a couple times a session, have to alt-tab and reboot to remedy.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4
    I crashed 3 times today, all when trying to zone in on one particular character. I'm not sure why it's just him, but I managed to log on to the character and move him around a bit, it seemed to help a little.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Game been very stable for me. The only crashes I get is being kicked to login screen on Cyrodiil but that's hardly news.
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    5-9
    Getting a lot of crashes and seeing regular complaints of crashes in game and on forums. So how many times have you crashed in the last day? Also what platform are you on?

Good to know it's not just me. I'm PC EU btw
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4
    Twice in 24 hrs. Also last week I lost an alchemy survey. As I approached the survey area, I crashed and when I logged back in, the survey map was gone. Note that they do not refund for this.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4
    I’ve only had about three full-blown crashes on PS4 in the last 24 hours. However, I’ve also had LOTS of screen freezes lasting anywhere from 4-10 seconds in duration, LOTS of low frame rate stuttering/slideshows, and LOTS of long loading screens.

Loving these “performance upgrades.”
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once
    PC I had one ctd but loading screens are very bad.
    PS4 is rampant freezing, stuttering and long loading screens.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2-4
    Bam_Bam wrote: »
    Lotta people need to upgrade their gear and/or connection.

EU PC

Yeah that isnt the problem. Its a client issue. Has nothing to do with connection or hardware. The client has become unstable for many of us. As ive said before on other similar issues, sometimes your hardware can compensate for bad software if you have really high end hardware. Most people dont and consoles dont get much of a choice when it comes to hardware.

Ive crashed in the same place in summerset twice, crashed while doing the guild store at the bank in vivec, and crashed while fishing in summerset.
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    None
    None, and I mean none in the 700+ hours of my playtime.

1325152_1.jpg

"You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    None of my games crashed over the weekend, but ***, those annoying freezes makes the game unplayable.

In fact, I noticed something peculiar: the "low level" instances (players less than CP) were heavily impacted by the dropped FPS and freezes, while the higher end was less prone to them.

This may be because these zones were filled with less people (they're on Summerset, apparently).

I dared not travel to Cyrodiil. I heard this was a massive nightmare.

Whatever ZoS did to the game, it's screwed it up and now we have to deal with it.

It's unlikely this is going to get fixed anytime soon, and this is the worst part about the situation.

• redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    Not at all, but my GF crashes quite frequently. She uses and nVidia system and I'm running a low-tier AMD rig.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4
    None, and I mean none in the 700+ hours of my playtime.

1325152_1.jpg

Good for you? There are other people on PC who are having issues with freezing, FPS drops, and crashing, so I don’t think it has anything to do with your “master race.”

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-9
    I'm hoping this patch, as it claims, actually fixes all the CTD's I've been having since last week's patch. Seems I average 4-5 CTD's or more per day of playing... normally happens when using Wayshrines and was worse in DLC's- especially Wrothgar.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 11, 2018 12:16PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I'm hoping this patch, as it claims, actually fixes all the CTD's I've been having since last week's patch. Seems I average 4-5 CTD's or more per day of playing... normally happens when using Wayshrines and was worse in DLC's- especially Wrothgar.

Okay, so I’m not the only one who’s noticed the wayshrine issue! The wayshrine closest to the first dolmen in Auridon causes major FPS drops consistently when I’m within 20 meters of it. Middle dolmen wayshrine usually results in a hard screen freeze upon leaving it. I get hard screen freezes often when trying to leave the wayshrine in Mournhold as well.

I get freezing and FPS stuttering elsewhere, to be sure, but performance problems are especially pronounced around wayshrines.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-9
    PS4 NA

About once every two hours or so between my boyfriends account and mine.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Im changing my name to Crash Bandicoot
      At least once per hour on Xbox.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
      Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk
      Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Ilithyania
      Ilithyania
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      PC EU
      PC
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I never had any crashes on PC EU server since launch until after last week's patch maintenance. From then on I had good days with no crashes and bad days with several crashes, usually when logging in or using a wayshrine. I haven't played yet since this morning's patch and hopefully that will have fixed things.

I suspect it's due to the multi-core changes, and if need be I'll try the fix @terrannova has suggested in various topics.

I haven't voted because although I've had no crashes in the last 24 hours that wouldn't be representative of the past week as a whole, and I don't know yet what today's patch will do in this respect.
    • JaJaLuka
      JaJaLuka
      ✭✭✭✭
      I can't make it to Wrothgar without crashing.

No word yet from the dev's on this issue either that I've seen. Nothing in this week's patch notes either.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Please inform us on the progress for this issue, or at least that it's being prioritised.
      Edited by JaJaLuka on June 11, 2018 12:45PM
      Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
      Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
      Brunack, EP DK PC NA
      General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
      Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
      Others...
    • lardvader
      lardvader
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      2-4
      Had some issues on Saturday but they were related to some old hyper threading issues that turned back up during questing. Always run borderless and not through Steam so usually ok.

PC EU
      CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    • ihazzit
      ihazzit
      ✭✭✭
      None. I play on PC EU and NA and PvE and PvP in both and haven't had any issues.
      If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
    • valeriiya
      valeriiya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      2-4
      PS4/NA: Over 45 minutes in PvP, Vivec, I froze twice, had to close app and missed out on AP. Watched someone die by the Alessia bridge and their body float majestically through the air and then DC'ed after trying to resurrect at a keep. I gave up after that.
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JaJaLuka wrote: »
      I can't make it to Wrothgar without crashing.

No word yet from the dev's on this issue either that I've seen. Nothing in this week's patch notes either.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Please inform us on the progress for this issue, or at least that it's being prioritised.

Read the patch notes again!

Also, there was a topic on the PC Technical Support forum last week giving an update from support on the problems with crashing etc. It was quoted by a player so didn't appear in Dev Tracker but it did show that they were aware of the problems and were working on them - again, as indicated in today's patch notes. Nothing specific to the one zone you had problems with, but as other players were crashing in other zones it was a more general problem and addressed as such.
    • Annuliel
      Annuliel
      ✭✭
      5-9
      DanteYoda wrote: »
      None at all. borderless window.

But if i switch to full screen i get three in less than an hour..

Nvidia here on PC NA

I'm dc'ing pretty regularly so thought I'd try this but unfortunately it didn't work in my case as I dc'd again within 5 minutes or so.

My dc's normally happen when I'm interacting with something like harvesting, talking to NPC's or trying to zone to one of my houses, doesn't happen so much using wayshrines, though they can happen just wandering about.

Oddly enough they have never happened during combat ... yet!

I don't dc playing any other games.

Nvidia on PC EU.
    • Hexi
      Hexi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      I've never crashed after the launch pains were over.
    • CiliPadi
      CiliPadi
      ✭✭✭✭
      5-9
      Game is still hard locking up on me after today's patch. It just freezes, but I can use hotkeys to open my inventory and such (I hear the sounds). I need to ALT-F4 and restart the game. Frustrating!
    • Knightpanther
      Knightpanther
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      5-9
      6 times in an hour, Its ridiculous, got so annoyed I'm knocking it on the head for today.

Be safe out there.
    • RebornV3x
      RebornV3x
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once
      I Dc probably once every other day at the least
      Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
      I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    • jlmurra2
      jlmurra2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      2-4
      Three crashes yesterday. All in Stonefalls.
      Edited by jlmurra2 on June 11, 2018 1:29PM
    • MEBengalsFan2001
      MEBengalsFan2001
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Once
      ESO is not horrible with the crashing. I played other games where every time I entered a new zone I would crash. So far my experience is not as bad here as it has been in other games. Though if in a dungeon, crashing during a boss or even any part within the dungeon can be annoying.