The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing Wolfhunter & Murkmire DLC Game Packs"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Announcing Wolfhunter & Murkmire DLC Game Packs. Learn the first details about what's coming to ESO later this year in this announcement article!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope we can beat down Hircine himself.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 11, 2018 3:36AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I hope we can beat down Hircine himself.

What, again? Pretty sure I already gave him a beating back in Bloodmoon. Time being strange for Daedra, he's probably still aching from that even though it hasn't happened yet. ;)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Sievertsv
    Sievertsv
    ✭✭✭
    dont really know what to say the summerset dlc was jaw dropping.. ESO is doing big things
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    "and a brand-new group arena (with its own leaderboard)."
    Wait-wait-wait, is it duo arena or another 4th man? Pls, let it be duo arena
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah jaw dropping in the amount of freezes, Sload death caps from different players, questionable balance choices, and a class rep system likely to be all lip service and no action. It really is jaw dropping.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to all Elder scrolls things coming. (except the cash grab that is the card game)
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Looking forward to all Elder scrolls things coming. (except the cash grab that is the card game)

Every game ever is a cash grab. They make games that people will WANT to buy. That, truly, is the whole point of creating games and sustaining a business.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought each year was supposed to have ONE Chapter, ONE Dungeon DLC, and TWO regular DLCs per year? Suddenly we get two dungeon DLCs and only Murkmire for regular DLCs in 2018?

Wasn't the whole "we're changing up ESO+" with the chapters thing and Morrowind promising us at least 2 regular DLCs per year still?

Surely they're not counting Morrowind as the other DLC of 2018 after making ESO+ folks pay separately for it as a chapter?

I do love Summerset so far (except the issues with jewelry), and look forward to Murkmire, but am seriously disappointed in the lack of 2 regular DLCs for 2018 as I don't do group dungeons.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I thought each year was supposed to have ONE Chapter, ONE Dungeon DLC, and TWO regular DLCs per year? Suddenly we get two dungeon DLCs and only Murkmire for regular DLCs in 2018?

Wasn't the whole "we're changing up ESO+" with the chapters thing and Morrowind promising us at least 2 regular DLCs per year still?

Surely they're not counting Morrowind as the other DLC of 2018 after making ESO+ folks pay separately for it as a chapter?

I do love Summerset so far (except the issues with jewelry), and look forward to Murkmire, but am seriously disappointed in the lack of 2 regular DLCs for 2018 as I don't do group dungeons.

Actually... that is a common misconception based on what people want, not what was said. They never said what type of DLC the first and fourth quarter were going to have. They only state that 2Q will be a Chapter and 3Q will be a dungeon DLC.

"Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter. "
    Edited by Elsonso on June 11, 2018 3:43AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it. The original "letter" describing the new cadence reads "Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter."

So I guess I figured since we started the year with a dungeon-based DLC that we'd had our fill of it for this year ahead of schedule instead of them dropping the "regular" DLC altogether... *sigh*
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually... that is a common misconception based on what people want, not what was said. They never said what type of DLC the first and fourth quarter were going to have. They only state that 2Q will be a Chapter and 3Q will be a dungeon DLC.

"Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter. "

While that's technically precisely true, they do describe unspecified "DLC" in that same letter as regular DLC: "In the past, we've released four major updates per year, most with an associated DLC. This has produced great DLC like Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood for players in a regular cadence, and has been the perfect way to update the game with larger changes like One Tamriel." So they did describe "DLC" as opposed to "dungeon-based DLC" to mean the regular storyline stuff previously added to the game over time.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found it. The original "letter" describing the new cadence reads "Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter."

So I guess I figured since we started the year with a dungeon-based DLC that we'd had our fill of it for this year ahead of schedule instead of them dropping the "regular" DLC altogether... *sigh*

Last year, we got a free update with no new content (Homestead), a Chapter (Morrowind), a dungeon DLC (Horns of the Reach), and a story DLC (Clockwork City). It looks like this year, the "free" Update got replaced with a bonus dungeon DLC. Other years may be different.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    What about Legends is a cash grab? You can play it for bloody free no problem.

Yup, they changed their cadence for this year (again). I assumed this meant the chapter was going to be beefier than the last one, but the opposite was true (Summerset was also cheaper than Morrowind). So it's a bit confusing what they are actually working on - apparently the dungeon team can pump out two updates per year no problem, what are the zone teams up to? And what about new game systems? Spellcrafting, anyone?

I'm looking forward to the new dungeons and Murkmire, but I'm still curious what ZOS' plans are for this game.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So while I'm always excited for new content in ESO, I find myself a little disappointed that once again we will not be getting content delivered at the cadence promised to us just the year before. The following is a direct excerpt from the official ESO website article WELCOME TO 2017

A new content Cadence

Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

Now I gave a little benefit of the doubt with the first content patch this year being a dungeon DLC instead of a full zone-style DLC. Surely that just meant the two zone-style DLC later in the year, after they got the polish they needed to be launched up to ZOS standards, right? Yeah apparently not. I do truly and honestly love the dungeon content in this game, but I don't love how the communicated schedules are consistently undermined by the inconsistencies of the actual releases. How are people supposed to keep faith in their subscriptions when we are so frequently getting a product other than what was promised? First it was four DLC a year, then it was three DLC a year with one of them only being a dungeon update (described that way not because they're bad, but because it is objectively less content compared to full zone DLC), and now we're getting two dungeon updates without so much as a communication regarding the breach of the old new schedule?

Just do us all a favor and don't make such grandiose promises if you aren't completely confident you can follow through with them. We like to play the game, we don't like to get jerked around. It's just as important for us to balance our budgets as it is for you, and it's hard to do that when we aren't actually getting access to the content we signed up for.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Recremen To be fair, they only said DLC first chapter, without specifying what kind of DLC it would be. And given that last year, that "DLC" was the free Homestead, the fact that we got actual content this year is a slight improvement.

But the real hype is the new group arena in Q4. DSA v2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

There are three confirmed types of expansion: Chapters, Dungeon DLCs and Zone DLCs. Right? In the text above, there is no confirmation that Q1 and Q4 will be Zone DLCs. That is, Zenimax is free to create content that is either Dungeon DLC or Zone DLC.

In fact, for Q3, I was waiting for the Spellcrafting. No DLC. Just a free update, like Homestead. I hope they bring it, either in Q3 or Q4.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know if the Murkmire DLC contents are already defined, but I would like to see some Group Areas (like the Craglorn camps: Inazzur's Hold, Thunder Falls Camp, Taborra's Camp, Scorpion Ravine and Valley of Scars), with daily quests.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that the veteran Wolfhunter dungeons are finally MEDIUM difficulty dungeons (like the base game vet dungeons).

I'm sick and tired of paying for DLC dungeons that NOBODY wants to play!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire ?!

a5e9416ec092303fbd3f2996ca5ab548-d5kbeis.png

Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 11, 2018 5:50AM
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    More dungeons?
    As I run maybe 2 dungeons/month, and the only new story content has to be paid anyway (Chapters), I think it's time to drop my ESO Plus.
    Hugely disapointed.
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    And.... do werewolves get some love?

Or are you just torturing us with that name....
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @Recremen To be fair, they only said DLC first chapter, without specifying what kind of DLC it would be. And given that last year, that "DLC" was the free Homestead, the fact that we got actual content this year is a slight improvement.

But the real hype is the new group arena in Q4. DSA v2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@code65536

There isn't anything fair about that, we know exactly what the expectation was. They were specific about the dungeon pack, which means that sort of content gets branded as its own separate thing, and then they delivered a zone-based DLC during the time of year where they said they'd deliver a "DLC". You cannot give on this issue with any amount of seriousness, there are no competing interpretations. How much would you be willing to downgrade your interpretation of what a "DLC" is? Does a two-part quest count as DLC? A new mount? If you don't bring yourself to have any expectations then it's bad for you and it's bad for the community.

Homestead, incidentally, was not counted as a DLC, that was something outside the release schedule because it was launched before the announcement of the new cadence.

The new group arena should be interesting, and it is honestly quite nice to be getting Murkmire at long last.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

There are three confirmed types of expansion: Chapters, Dungeon DLCs and Zone DLCs. Right? In the text above, there is no confirmation that Q1 and Q4 will be Zone DLCs. That is, Zenimax is free to create content that is either Dungeon DLC or Zone DLC.

In fact, for Q3, I was waiting for the Spellcrafting. No DLC. Just a free update, like Homestead. I hope they bring it, either in Q3 or Q4.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know if the Murkmire DLC contents are already defined, but I would like to see some Group Areas (like the Craglorn camps: Inazzur's Hold, Thunder Falls Camp, Taborra's Camp, Scorpion Ravine and Valley of Scars), with daily quests.

@joaaocaampos

No, "zone dlc" is a term the community made up, ZOS just uses the branding "DLC" to refer to such content. The only qualifier they've ever added to DLC is "dungeon-based" DLC. Since Clockwork City was the only unqualified "DLC" that we were promised last year, and that was a "zone" DLC, it is safe to say that branding was what we should continue to expect. You really should not be inventing technicalities on ZOS's behalf, the communication was unambiguous unless you are post-hoc trying to look for excuses for why the content schedule is once again not meeting expectations.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile finally The Elder Scrolls 6..
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    so lemmie get this straight:

from being provided a life on a divine island, we move on to being thrown at werewolves and submerging waist deep into a swamp?
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    I really look forward to it. I finished most of the dungeons and I am excited to see more of them. I like the fact, that they still give us story DLC/Zone DLC. I really hope also they give us a Khajiit Lore DLC/Chapter as there i one now for Orcs and high elves and a dlc for agonians ^_^

This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yea baby!!!!

Let me in !!!!!!!

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget Elder Scrolls Blades!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's time for oblivion damage monster sets I guess ? :trollface:
  • Grumblestiltskin
    Grumblestiltskin
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget Elder Scrolls Blades!

Forget those, it's all about Skyrim: Very Special Edition!

Really looking forward to Murkmire though!
    Edited by Grumblestiltskin on June 11, 2018 10:12AM
    PATS - Positively Against Acronyms that don't make Sense
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While that's technically precisely true, they do describe unspecified "DLC" in that same letter as regular DLC: "In the past, we've released four major updates per year, most with an associated DLC. This has produced great DLC like Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood for players in a regular cadence, and has been the perfect way to update the game with larger changes like One Tamriel." So they did describe "DLC" as opposed to "dungeon-based DLC" to mean the regular storyline stuff previously added to the game over time.

That's part of the misconception. A dungeon-based DLC is still a "DLC". People read the lack of a specific type of a DLC to mean "except for dungeon DLCs" instead of "including dungeon DLCs". Of course, when people got it wrong, I am sure someone at ZOS saw the misinterpretation*, but I guess they decided that we would eventually figure it out, so no need to correct it.

* they read everything.

You have to interpret what ZOS says absolutely literally. Every possible interpretation that matches that literal interpretation is valid.

@Recremen is right in the implication that they could define anything as a "DLC", and I think they intend to. There is no rule that says every "dungeon based DLC" has to include TWO dungeons. To ZOS, any number above zero qualifies. Likewise, a DLC does not have to include a zone, story, or dungeon. They could release a "horse armor DLC" and have that count. As ZOS winds down ESO in favor of other pursuits, this becomes expected, although not to that degree. We help push that time back by holding them to expectations, and letting them know when they don't..

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus