Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

sorry but these cosmetic prices are getting out of hand

TheMythicDawn
TheMythicDawn
✭✭✭✭✭
1,200 crowns for coral mudcrab pet?

2000 crowns for auroran knight costume?

3000 crowns for auroran horse?

5k if I want to match?

whoever pricing these please lay off the skooma...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the mount, but 20 bucks for a costume is bad.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should start by taking one of the zeros off all crown store items. 4500 should be 450. The MORE people will buy MORE items. when they stop buying items. . . they can make MORE and NEWER items. Its not like they are limited by technology, only imagination and creativity.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calsifer wrote: »
    Maybe they should start by taking one of the zeros off all crown store items. 4500 should be 450. The MORE people will buy MORE items. when they stop buying items. . . they can make MORE and NEWER items. Its not like they are limited by technology, only imagination and creativity.

Makes sense to me. Mind you, I haven't been caffeinated yet today.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People pay it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I can understand the mount, but 20 bucks for a costume is bad.

@ArchMikem

20 bucks is pretty high for a costume you are exactly right. especially if you want to match the costume and the horse 50 bucks just for matching one costume with one mount

for the people that buy that 2k crown costume i hope it at least dyes nice...
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    People pay it.

and thats fine peoples can spend their money how they choose

i just think they are increasing the price just because they can and get away with it. any frequent follower of the crown store knows their QA is practically non-existant

costumes bugged for months
    clipping issue
    costumes dye terribly if you can even dye parts of them at all

its not like the quality of items is greatly increasing

just the price
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    If one zero is take off everything on crown store, I am going to buy lot of property in Tamriel :p
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and for 2k crowns the costume really isn't that great

information below courtesy of @TimidGazelle from this thread
    It's always nice to see more full plate overly fancy outfits, and was somewhat hyped for the Auroran Knight. Unfortunately it does have issues.

On a normal imperial male build his legs look extremely fat.

8af460f6b54ddef1ce1992912f61cb88.png37b10797f1f2953ee5cb276e0aa82080.png

Then to the deal breaker. His back armor is glued to his legs like breton hero.

e3f6ba248362112aae543b151ec7cf65.gif

Plus it arguably doesn't dye that well.

788a0d4df82f99d3ccea57150b6bb9d0.jpg

Edited by TheMythicDawn on June 5, 2018 8:32AM
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 dollars for that? No thanks
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the prices do seem to be increasing...I feel they are driving people more towards crown crates
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a special item. Hero costumes were 2k also. That price is nothing new.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    1,200 crowns for coral mudcrab pet?

2000 crowns for auroran knight costume?

3000 crowns for auroran horse?

5k if I want to match?

whoever pricing these please lay off the skooma...

It's because the player base will pay it and if they will who's to say that they shouldn't? It's not like these items matter anyway.

Now if it were the Naryu Costume and Morag Tong goggles. *reaches for wallet*

I don't get everyone's obsession with these crabs anyway.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think it may be around for a while, doesn't have short timer on it. will save my crowns from eso plus
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yet again the pricing of stuff in the crown store is ridiculous. Surely they would make more money if things were cheaper?

Cannot speak for others at all, but I for one would spend a bit more if things weren't priced so bad.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? The Aurorans were done VERY poorly. It probably should’ve been a polymorph if anything.

TES: Legends
    latest?cb=20180215151250

TESIV: Oblivion
    latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....
    fd2c72a8eb8ddd71a8b348bf44f03c03.jpg

It’s barely even the same thing.

Oh and that costume will cost you $20.
    Costume is 2000 Crowns. The matching horse is 3000 Crowns.
    To get both will cost you 5000 Crowns.

Speak with your wallets people.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to sound like the "down with the man" guy. But, 1 000 000 gold/14 000 crowns for a virtual house? That's $99 for a virtual house in a game that currently costs $30? WTF? The crown store prices are ridiculous, I honestly refuse to believe that people are buying these items and tolerate it.

Zenimax's greed rolls over to the player base and influences the community negatively. Most of my friends who like MMO's as much as I do are constantly complaining about the obvious greed in ESO. Looking at these prices, I'm astounded there isn't more of an uproar.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be against, but If that was vampire merch id be very hypocritical
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm probably going to sound like the "down with the man" guy. But, 1 000 000 gold/14 000 crowns for a virtual house? That's $99 for a virtual house in a game that currently costs $30? WTF? The crown store prices are ridiculous, I honestly refuse to believe that people are buying these items and tolerate it.

Zenimax's greed rolls over to the player base and influences the community negatively. Most of my friends who like MMO's as much as I do are constantly complaining about the obvious greed in ESO. Looking at these prices, I'm astounded there isn't more of an uproar.

Some do. I do, occasionally. It's a hobby. I don't party, don't drink, don't buy lots of shoes :) etc. Fill my petrol tank 4 times a year and pay €300 rent a month. I have disposable income and some of the stuff on offer here is where I choose to spend it. No crazier than going out and getting drunk.

That said, I'd like to see the prices a bit lower so that more folk could enjoy things. Seems like they could sell more if the prices weren't so dear.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the Crown Store Offerings this time around just rub me the wrong way.

Especially considering that with the Outfit system, you can make yourself an outfit that could potentially look a hundred times better and more unique than whatever costume is on offer (I think the last time I bought anything was when I was buying the Factotum Polymorph, and that's really it).

I know exactly what I will spend my current Crowns on... And it's NOT on this horse or costume. Heck, even the Mudcrab is pushing it, and I actually like it's design (Although I would have preferred the corals being a bit more colorful).
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kinda like it? I like how it sizes to larger toons too. Some outfits like the Elven hero have atrocious skinny little feet.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Really? The Aurorans were done VERY poorly. It probably should’ve been a polymorph if anything.

latest?cb=20180215151250

latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....

You can’t dye a polymorph (though you should be able to, but that’s another matter). Value is also subjective and people really need to stop telling others what they should and shouldn’t like—too much of that in society these days.

I’m buying both outfit and steed as soon as my download is finished.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like it's purely cosmetic and not required to enjoy the game.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

latest?cb=20180215151250

latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....

You can’t dye a polymorph (though you should be able to, but that’s another matter). Value is also subjective and people really need to stop telling others what they should and shouldn’t like—too much of that in society these days.

I can see why people would take issue with others buying something that they see as a "Bad deal", and if you ask me, 5k for a costume and horse isn't the best of deals. Probably at half value and I would find it acceptable.

People are worried that if Zenimax sees that these poor value items are selling really well, they will start pushing the bar even further, until we may end up eventually reaching the point where they are selling costumes and horses at a much more expensive price, and maybe even other things.

I mean, they're probably already doing that with how there are motif pages scattered about in the next Crown Crates, and I can see that people aren't all too happy with that idea.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think the majority of people find the prices to be asinine, but Zos is careful about keeping things cosmetic, so most people just grumble and look the other way. That, and they have done multiple half-off sales of crowns, usually around December.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »

latest?cb=20180215151250

latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....

I can see why people would take issue with others buying something that they see as a "Bad deal", and if you ask me, 5k for a costume and horse isn't the best of deals. Probably at half value and I would find it acceptable.

People are worried that if Zenimax sees that these poor value items are selling really well, they will start pushing the bar even further, until we may end up eventually reaching the point where they are selling costumes and horses at a much more expensive price, and maybe even other things.

I mean, they're probably already doing that with how there are motif pages scattered about in the next Crown Crates, and I can see that people aren't all too happy with that idea.

But I wasn’t asking you. That’s the point I was getting at: all this unsolicited advice and prognostication. If it’s a bad value, people won’t buy it and it’ll go on sale/ get rolled into a crown crate—the end. ZOS has internal metrics and accounting that none of us here will ever see. So it’s fine to discuss the item and explain its percieved value as it applies to you. However, these broader declarations and decrements get on my nerves.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

latest?cb=20180215151250

latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....

“Speak with your wallets people”

I didn’t tell you what to do. I just showed how poor of a job they did replicating Aurorans from the previous games.

You can buy it or not buy it. Idc because it’s your money - just understand that by purchasing this costume+mount for 5K Crowns you are telling ZeniMax this is the price point they should be aiming for. If you support that then good for you. You spoke with your wallet lol.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Oblivion costume and mount tributes cost as much combined as Oblivion did new, something is very wrong with the TES series.

The people who buy this kind of thing are the reason why things like this exist:

Star Citizen video game launches $27,000 players' pack

I wonder how long it will be before ESO has 100k Crown bundle.

[edited to be less insulting!]
    Edited by zyk on June 5, 2018 2:57PM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »

Heheh... Heh...

HAHAHAHHAHAAAAH!

Oh, sorry, I just find this line of thinking to be very amusing from the "Is just cosmetic!" people. Makes me think back to one of Jim Sterling's videos where he pretty much asks a pretty good question.

I will make my spin on the question: In the scenario that ESO's races didn't have racial passives, ultimately only being "Cosmetic choices", I ask you this: Would you still enjoy the game, if you were bogged down with only ONE race to choose from, that being Argonian, and then have to pay X amount of crowns to play something that you really wanted to play, let's say an Orc.

I don't know what you believe, but cosmetic items do very much affect people's enjoyment. Because, guess what, people like to stand out with different styles, and saying "it's just cosmetic and not needed to enjoy a game" pretty much devalues the cosmetics, AND it kinda suggests that people wanting to look different are fools for wanting to stand out.

latest?cb=20180215151250

latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....

But I wasn’t asking you. That’s the point I was getting at: all this unsolicited advice and prognostication. If it’s a bad value, people won’t buy it and it’ll go on sale/ get rolled into a crown crate—the end. ZOS has internal metrics and accounting that none of us here will ever see. So it’s fine to discuss the item and explain its percieved value as it applies to you. However, these broader declarations and decrements get on my nerves.

Well, y'know what? It gets on my nerves when people buy expensive, fairly poor value items, either in spite of people, or because they want to.

I mean, sure, go and buy it, but don't then act surprised when more mundane outfits and services start costing a heap of crowns. I mean hey, you're likely going to buy it anyway because "It's your money".
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »

Heheh... Heh...

HAHAHAHHAHAAAAH!

Oh, sorry, I just find this line of thinking to be very amusing from the "Is just cosmetic!" people. Makes me think back to one of Jim Sterling's videos where he pretty much asks a pretty good question.

I will make my spin on the question: In the scenario that ESO's races didn't have racial passives, ultimately only being "Cosmetic choices", I ask you this: Would you still enjoy the game, if you were bogged down with only ONE race to choose from, that being Argonian, and then have to pay X amount of crowns to play something that you really wanted to play, let's say an Orc.

I don't know what you believe, but cosmetic items do very much affect people's enjoyment. Because, guess what, people like to stand out with different styles, and saying "it's just cosmetic and not needed to enjoy a game" pretty much devalues the cosmetics, AND it kinda suggests that people wanting to look different are fools for wanting to stand out.

latest?cb=20180215151250

latest?cb=20130314184549

ESO....

Well, y'know what? It gets on my nerves when people buy expensive, fairly poor value items, either in spite of people, or because they want to.

I mean, sure, go and buy it, but don't then act surprised when more mundane outfits and services start costing a heap of crowns. I mean hey, you're likely going to buy it anyway because "It's your money".

There's never going to be a meeting of the minds on this topic. You resent people buying things for the reasons listed above. Others resent "you" telling them how to spend their money. ZoS offers things and we can accept it or don't.

They have their data which likely tells them what they need to know, plus (apparently) a department of "monetization" (sounds Orwellian, that). I think the prices are a bit high. I don't spend nearly what I did six months ago for that reason but I'm not going to grumble if others aren't put off by the pricing. It's extra stuff, not needed. Were that not the case, I'd be heating up the tar and all fowl in my immediate area would be in grave danger.

• Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    They basically added a "not in a crown crate" tax

Obviously they're hoping we'll get so happy to finally have stuff in the actual dang store we'll pay an extra 1k crowns for the honor of buying them outright.