The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Think You can do this Job? Apply Customer Service here.

President_PUG
President_PUG
✭✭✭
Contract Customer Support Agent
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Customer Support | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US

The Customer Support Agent is a contract position that will assist players with in-game, billing and technical issues on our Customer Support team. Candidates will need to be able to work alternate shifts and weekends as required. We offer a fun, exciting and challenging environment in one of the most energizing organizations in the MMO space.

Responsibilities:

Identify, troubleshoot and resolve billing, technical and in-game issues from players via phone, text chat and e-mail
Cultivate a positive attitude of helpfulness, professionalism and enthusiasm to be shared with customers and fellow employees
Maintain solid customer relationships by building positive rapport while handling questions and concerns with speed, courtesy and professionalism
Understand and remain up-to-date with the technology relevant for supporting our customers
Know and adhere to internal policies and procedures
Perform data entry and account maintenance as required
Educate and inform players accurately and proactively about game-related support issues
Escalate and communicate ongoing and common game-related support issues
Investigate and communicate reports of service outages
Escalate and communicate any legally sensitive issues
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor

Requirements:

Are willing and able to work alternating shifts and weekends as required by the business
Are fluent in written and spoken English
Are well organized, with the ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Are a self-starter with an energetic personality who works well alone and with a team
Are able to meet internal goals, objectives, and KPIs
Are able to quickly adapt and multi-task in a busy environment
Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
Have good typing skills with gaming and internet expertise
Are confident communicating with customers via telephone
Have a strong understanding of customer service
Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
Have at least 6 months of customer service experience
Proficient in MS Office and Windows

Desired Skills (Optional):

Fluency in additional languages, spoken or written
Experience in a technical support role
Experience working with or an understanding of MMOs
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Have a passion for video games
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will be redirected to the job submission form at Taleo.com, our third-party applicant tracking system. While Taleo.com is not hosted by ZeniMax Media and does not fall under our Privacy Policy, only employees of our Human Resources department will be able to view your submitted information. Information collected via the job submission form is subject to Taleo.com’s privacy policy.
“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone quit?
    Mass exodus.....or are they beefing up support

Naah I'm good
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could I do this job? Yes.
    Do I want this job? Eh...

It's an unenviable position, and a thankless job, customer service. Not to say it can't be enjoyable and fulfilling and rewarding, but anyone in administration or community management, especially in videogames, is always going to have something to deal with.

[EDIT: Honestly, I might've actually applied had I not already started the process of getting my master's degree.]
    Edited by Marginis on May 31, 2018 6:44PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.