The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads + Sheer Venom + Skoria - the best time I've had playing ESO

Nuitar
Nuitar
✭✭✭
Dropping a 900/tic, 800/tic (sheervenom), 900/600/tic (poison) for a total of about ~3.2-3.5K DPS after hitting a defile snipe and then just walking away with a 3.5k skoria proc dropping a few seconds in is an outright onslaught. Allows for such a safer playstyle, focusing on block and LoS as opposed to landing attacks.

Run the stamina food + stam recovery for full glass cannon. A single snipe + poison arrow kills most. Get the attacks off then stealth away. I'm taking out 4/5 on siege before I'm noticed.

If you've seen me in BGs/no CP Cyro the last few days, this is what I was running. I know that this is largely due to the proc set and the 2H change, but God it feels fun. Nothing feels better right now than killing stamsorcs with the DoT while you tumble out of range of their aoes...this is the first time I've been top10 on the emp list, entirely solo :).
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Embrace the cheese. I never understand how that can be fun, but to each his own.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snipe? Who even uses skills in 2018? Just equip Widowmaker instead of Sheer Venom and spam light attacks with double damage poison, killing people with mouse clicks just like an FPS game.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quality of players is going down with every patch , just throw on a set that does all the work now and you’re good to go.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed the 2h set change has made for the most fun I've had in the game in a while.
  • Nuitar
    Nuitar
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't necessarily agree with this 'just pop on a set that does all the work' argument. The proc sets require you to make a conscious decision that negatively impacts your sustain and survivability. You can still screw it up - positioning, resource management...they just make the damage dealing aspect of pvp a bit more predictable.

That, and since most people are also running some form of proc set, they have also opted to make this decision, and as such are generally easier to kill and are the types of folks who write inflammatory nerf posts.

The other group - those that opt for sustain (eg, bone pirate/shackle) and survivability (riposte, transmutation, duroks, troll king) - are generally much harder to kill but cannot burst like a proc set and as such are not optimal for ganking/stealth based play - which is how I prefer to play.

• Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Nuitar wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't necessarily agree with this 'just pop on a set that does all the work' argument. The proc sets require you to make a conscious decision that negatively impacts your sustain and survivability. You can still screw it up - positioning, resource management...they just make the damage dealing aspect of pvp a bit more predictable.

That, and since most people are also running some form of proc set, they have also opted to make this decision, and as such are generally easier to kill and are the types of folks who write inflammatory nerf posts.

The other group - those that opt for sustain (eg, bone pirate/shackle) and survivability (riposte, transmutation, duroks, troll king) - are generally much harder to kill but cannot burst like a proc set and as such are not optimal for ganking/stealth based play - which is how I prefer to play.

Mostly agree with this. Instant proc sets were so bad because they could RNG gib someone when stacked.
    DoT proc sets are a dynamic choice. You wind up with less overall damage but the ability to build far greater sustain. This implies less bonus to healing abilities as well.

Sloads by itself is a not problem.
    The problem is when a zerg stacks 5-6 sloads on one target and they are sentenced to death.
    Sloads would be just fine if multiple players sloads could not stack on one target.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. This is ZOS’s direction with balancing... if you can call it balancing at all.

Embrace it. Not gonna change :/
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Builds like this are why I'm taking yet another break from this game. Have fun while it lasts though.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    c19138e575fd96152189e7d0087e00df-d5mluv5.jpg
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mac AND Cheese PIZZA

Kids-Choice-Macaroni-and-Cheese-Pizza.aspx

So you can hit like a mac truck AND be XTREMELY CHEESEY
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you proc sheer venom with just 1 snipe?
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

Was thinking the same thing......
    (5 items) When you deal damage with an Execute ability you infect the enemy, dealing 8428 Poison Damage over 6 seconds. The effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Poison injection would proc it however. But personally I don´t see the point with this set if you want to cheese things. The damage is halved in PvP and then you take enemies resistance into account. Highest I´ve seen this set tick for is probably 500-800 damage/tick. But if it works for OP, then congrats ;)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sloads is a great set, the 2-4 piece bonuses are very good, similar to shacklebreaker. You don’t sacrifice anything by running this set. They’ve made it so that it benefits any class. If you want to run this and Zaan on a mag DK or a magicka NB you can then choose to run another full damage or sustain set or an in between set like shacklebreaker according to your level of comfort and experience. Sloads and Zaan alone can provide more than enough supplementary damage. Especially when you start using defile, or you have multiple people running these sets. Saying that people using sloads and other proc sets are making sacrifices just is not true.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itemization rules this game, not skill, its been like this for years already, it started with the introduction of the monster sets way back when and it only keeps getting worse.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DrFail
    DrFail
    Has anyone seen a sload's, Oblivion enchant torug's, skoria mDK it's just kill people with heavy attacks and drain resorces casting infinite talons and fossilize this whole expansion is different flavors of cheese
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrFail wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a sload's, Oblivion enchant torug's, skoria mDK it's just kill people with heavy attacks and drain resorces casting infinite talons and fossilize this whole expansion is different flavors of cheese

I have. it's silly, but super fun to play.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Dropping a 900/tic, 800/tic (sheervenom), 900/600/tic (poison) for a total of about ~3.2-3.5K DPS after hitting a defile snipe and then just walking away with a 3.5k skoria proc dropping a few seconds in is an outright onslaught. Allows for such a safer playstyle, focusing on block and LoS as opposed to landing attacks.

Run the stamina food + stam recovery for full glass cannon. A single snipe + poison arrow kills most. Get the attacks off then stealth away. I'm taking out 4/5 on siege before I'm noticed.

If you've seen me in BGs/no CP Cyro the last few days, this is what I was running. I know that this is largely due to the proc set and the 2H change, but God it feels fun. Nothing feels better right now than killing stamsorcs with the DoT while you tumble out of range of their aoes...this is the first time I've been top10 on the emp list, entirely solo :).

This worked well before sload if you just went sheer venom, agility, skoria, double dot poisons, and masters bow with all dps on bow bar. Been running it for almost 2 years now. I plan on adding sload to this when it hits console :)
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

(5 items) When you deal damage with an Execute ability you infect the enemy, dealing 8428 Poison Damage over 6 seconds. The effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Poison injection would proc it however. But personally I don´t see the point with this set if you want to cheese things. The damage is halved in PvP and then you take enemies resistance into account. Highest I´ve seen this set tick for is probably 500-800 damage/tick. But if it works for OP, then congrats ;)

He uses it in no cp, sets like this becomes aids in Bg's. Plus, it's not the only damage that's going to be done.

• MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nuitar would you mind sharing with us what skill line up you use for both bars?

This flavour of cheese has caught my attention.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    I used to play stam NB with vicecanon, sheer venom. Master bow and maelstrom 2h. The dot preasure is so good on NB. You can keep preasure on targets while you are cloaked, and to me that was what NB was missing. Pure burst build wasnt enough to kill tanky targets.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the most fun you have had is letting your gear to the work rather than your abilities/"skill", that is very interesting lol

I have never understood why player choose this playstyle rather than choosing a build that allows them to fully unlock their classes potential, for example, you play a stam nb I'm assuming, that class can be so powerful and fun to play by using its abilities and mechanic yet you would rather cast a snipe and get most of your damage from gear, but i guess to each their own.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

He uses it in no cp, sets like this becomes aids in Bg's. Plus, it's not the only damage that's going to be done.

Not just sets, DoTs in general are strong in BGs & non-CP because you don't have the dilemma of having to spread CPs between Thaumaturge/Master-at-Arms.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    @Nuitar would you mind sharing with us what skill line up you use for both bars?

Skill line? Who needs a skill line with 3 proc sets :hushed:
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must be on AD
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Infinite" Talon in that setup? Bruh, Talon is not sustainable infinitely. But that does sound like something I'd run just to join the cancer meta though.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Infinite" Talon in that setup? Bruh, Talon is not sustainable infinitely. But that does sound like something I'd run just to join the cancer meta though.

Pretty sure he's referring to the Bug of the Poisons where you do not gain any immunity, not in mist form, not while roll dodging, etc

Thought it was gonna be/was fixed with Summerset
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything that deals dmg outside of user skills works in PvP lately. To proc Sheer Venom You can just snipe and then immedietely poison injection since snipe have longer cast time then global cooldown You can shoot both basicly at the same time and poison injection is execute.

Edited by Juhasow on June 3, 2018 5:43PM
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Sloads/Blood spawn/WW hide

It is not the best combo, but I mainly use it so I can spam Dawnbreakers. I use it both for my Stam sorc and stamden

I know it is not the most cheese combo, But I JUST started solo pvping. Normally I play support classes for Ball groups and small mans
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt mining post...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Nuitar
    Nuitar
    ✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »

@MickeyBN

Bow Bar:

Poison Injection
    Lethal Arrow
    Camoflauged hunter (+3% weap damage, major savagery)
    Dark Cloak
    Flex spot - I generally run merciless for more damage, or use this as my vigor spot
    Ult - Flawless DB

2H Bar:
    Rally
    Blur (I like the morph with +duration)
    Ambush
    Reverse Slice
    Manifestation of terror
    Ult - Incap

Combo -

From stealth -
    Snipe
    Snipe
    Cloak before 2nd snipe hits
    Poison Injection

IF target near death, LA LA, else

Ambush
    Terror
    Incap/Reverse slice spam

I find that this combo can reliably kill even the tankiest of builds as long as you make sure to land the fear correctly to keep opponent low on resources.
    Edited by Nuitar on June 4, 2018 8:50PM