Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Sloads + Sheer Venom + Skoria - the best time I've had playing ESO

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The quality of players is going down with every patch , just throw on a set that does all the work now and you’re good to go.

Yeah but a lot of us come to the conclusion "If you can't beat em, join em" so here I am using 5 Sloads and 5 Torug's Pact (with obliv enchant) on my sorta boring magblade (It's just not fun this patch). All I have to do is light attack and things die. This is a totally balanced and fun game
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    The quality of players is going down with every patch , just throw on a set that does all the work now and you’re good to go.

Yeah but a lot of us come to the conclusion "If you can't beat em, join em" so here I am using 5 Sloads and 5 Torug's Pact (with obliv enchant) on my sorta boring magblade (It's just not fun this patch). All I have to do is light attack and things die. This is a totally balanced and fun game

Don't care how people play, but proc sets make a noticeable difference. It closes the gap a bit, bad players have a chance to compete with the average player's, average player's become annoying and the good player's become pretty toxic.

Not too long after making this post I tested just how aids they can be in Bg's with basic sets no one really uses, red mountain, way of fire and threw on kraughs on a stam sorc and it's pretty cancer. One light attack into rending slash can bring someone into execute range.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Poison injection would proc it however. But personally I don´t see the point with this set if you want to cheese things. The damage is halved in PvP and then you take enemies resistance into account. Highest I´ve seen this set tick for is probably 500-800 damage/tick. But if it works for OP, then congrats ;)[/quote]

I’ve ran sheer venom and the highest tic I saw in cyro (after putting my cp in poison and dot damage) was about 2-5k with a final 8k tic. That was after buffing up after the proc with Kena and potions. After that, I just light attack people until I proc my relentless focus which hits as hard as my snipe. That being said, I could only do it while defending a keep. If I wasn’t in the safety of the keep, I would be taken out of stealth with each dot tic. So yes, If you do it right, it can be cheesier than a Mac and cheese burger.
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    Before this patch there were so many god tier builds that took no damage and yet could burst ppl down with no problems.
    Now the previous god tier meta is vulnerable and people are saying how sloads is for no skill players.

Why do people think that "free" damage is cheese and free resistances/mitigation/health recovery is not cheese?
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srnm wrote: »
    Before this patch there were so many god tier builds that took no damage and yet could burst ppl down with no problems.
    Now the previous god tier meta is vulnerable and people are saying how sloads is for no skill players.

Why do people think that "free" damage is cheese and free resistances/mitigation/health recovery is not cheese?

I don't think anyone is saying that mitigation build weren't cancerous. however if you are not running a mitigation build these free damage sets just wreak you. It was a horrible way too balance the game.
    Edited by bardx86 on June 10, 2018 5:02PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Care to name one of those builds? For posterity
    EU | PC | AD
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I notice someone running a no skill set like sloads in a BG I will focus that player for the remainder of the match.
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

There are players who have found combinations of sets+classes+CP+racials that work really well.
    The result is that they can minimise their damage taken and yet still have great damage against most other players.
    These are the god tier players who all of a sudden find themselves vulnerable to a player running sloads in combination with other good sets, like the original poster outlines. Just switching one set in your build to include sloads isn't usually going to do very much for you...

My point is, why is that coming up with an effective combination of "free" damage considered more cheese than coming up with an effective combination of free resistances/mitigation/health recovery ? Why is "free" damage considered no skill?

The original poster's build requires skill to play and survive because that build is very squishy.
    So the damage is not in fact "free" because the sacrifice is survivability.
    But it has excellent effective damage against players who have got used to being untouchable...

Sorry not going to name any specific previously untouchable builds.

I think the game devs knew exactly what they were doing when they introduced sloads.
    It's a counter to the previous god-tier builds. And the previous god-tier players don't like it - but they forget that, to some degree, they are being carried by their builds.

If? there is a problem with sloads, it's that the DOT from multiple players stacks.
    However, I think that the general approach by the game devs to stacking effects is that if you are focused you should die quickly. Not sure they are wrong...
    Edited by srnm on June 10, 2018 11:57PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There are players who have found combinations of sets+classes+CP+racials that work really well.
    The result is that they can minimise their damage taken and yet still have great damage against most other players.
    These are the god tier players who all of a sudden find themselves vulnerable to a player running sloads in combination with other good sets, like the original poster outlines.

My point is, why is that coming up with an effective combination of "free" damage considered more cheese than coming up with an effective combination of free resistances/mitigation/health recovery ? Why is free damage considered no skill?

The original poster's build requires skill to play and survive because that build is very squishy.
    But it has excellent effective damage against players who have got used to being untouchable...

I think the game devs knew exactly what they were doing when they introduced sloads.
    It's a counter to the previous god-tier builds. And the previous god-tier players don't like it - but they forget that they are being carried by their gear too.

If? there is a problem with sloads, it's that the DOT from multiple players stacks.
    However, I think that the general approach by the game devs to stacking effects is that if you are focused you should die quickly. Not sure they are wrong...

I have not seen any unkillable builds that also have burst as you claimed. If you want to prove me wrong you'll have to do a lot better than "Sorry not going to name any". 'Till then you're talking only hot air.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

These are the god tier players who all of a sudden find themselves vulnerable to a player running sloads in combination with other good sets, like the original poster outlines.

My point is, why is that coming up with an effective combination of "free" damage considered more cheese than coming up with an effective combination of free resistances/mitigation/health recovery ? Why is free damage considered no skill?

It's a counter to the previous god-tier builds. And the previous god-tier players don't like it - but they forget that they are being carried by their gear too.

I have not seen any unkillable builds that also have burst as you claimed. If you want to prove me wrong you'll have to do a lot better than "Sorry not going to name any". 'Till then you're talking only hot air.

There are plenty... he’s not wrong. Stop fishing for builds
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't use the term "unkillable" - and make no claim that there are unkillable builds in all situations.

If you play the CP campaigns on NA you will see too many players who are ridiculously hard for even a 3-4 or more solo players to take down. And usually they will wipe the solos. These players believe they are skilled - and to some extent they are. But as much as skill is involved, they are carried by their build. Sload's can be a solution to some of this imbalance -- but by itself doesn't really do much.

Edited by srnm on June 11, 2018 1:52AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Fishing for builds? Maybe you stop fishing for idiots instead.

It's not the build I'm interested for itself. I'm interested in cross-referencing the claim and you guys are offering no evidence of godlike builds. No videos, nothing. I have to take it at face value that there are specific builds over-performing.
    I didn't use the term "unkillable" - and make no claim that there are unkillable builds in all situations.

If you play the CP campaigns on NA you will see too many players who are ridiculously hard for even a 3-4 or more solo players to take down. And usually they will wipe the solos. These players believe they are skilled - and to some extent they are. But as much as skill is involved, they are carried by their build. Sload's can be a solution to some of this imbalance -- but by itself doesn't really do much.

Playing with words here really but you mentioned "god tier" and gods being unkillable it was an easy connection to make. I don't know. It sounds to me more like a case of 3-4 bad or low-CP players dying to a seasoned vet and blaming it on mythical OP builds.

There's nothing wrong with an open world PvP game allowing better geared and more experienced people to kill 3-4 lower tier players. Quite the opposite, it's good design. If numbers is the single most important factor in a game-mode with inherent population imbalances then that would be terrible design. If you go into a CP campaign with 100 CP and no impen gear, you kinda deserve to be farmed.

In my 4 years in this game, there have been maybe 3 builds that due to balancing issues at the time were "broken" strong in terms of damage absorption/healing as well as damage output. Vamp MagDks and MagSorcs at the beginning, MagSorcs with Pirate Skeleton.

I don't see any builds atm with that strength. So if 3-4 die to single one, I'm inclined to believe the issue lies with them rather than game mechanics. Unless you've got different evidence ofc.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not the build I'm interested for itself. I'm interested in cross-referencing the claim and you guys are offering no evidence of godlike builds. No videos, nothing. I have to take it at face value that there are specific builds over-performing.

Playing with words here really but you mentioned "god tier" and gods being unkillable it was an easy connection to make. I don't know. It sounds to me more like a case of 3-4 bad or low-CP players dying to a seasoned vet and blaming it on mythical OP builds.

There's nothing wrong with an open world PvP game allowing better geared and more experienced people to kill 3-4 lower tier players. Quite the opposite, it's good design. If numbers is the single most important factor in a game-mode with inherent population imbalances then that would be terrible design. If you go into a CP campaign with 100 CP and no impen gear, you kinda deserve to be farmed.

In my 4 years in this game, there have been maybe 3 builds that due to balancing issues at the time were "broken" strong in terms of damage absorption/healing as well as damage output. Vamp MagDks and MagSorcs at the beginning, MagSorcs with Pirate Skeleton.

I don't see any builds atm with that strength. So if 3-4 die to single one, I'm inclined to believe the issue lies with them rather than game mechanics. Unless you've got different evidence ofc.

Oh god... you must be so good at pvp
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    EU | PC | AD
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left click for free damage is such a skillful gameplay. :trollface:

He doesn't have to be good to state the truth. There are no unkillable builds that can deal heavy damage without having enemies naked. Tanking and healing has been nerfed hard especially on DKs and Templars. Just because someone uses S/B also doesn't mean they are tank 100%. Still waiting for that truly unkillable people video from recent without Guard on another high health tank and other group members.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

He doesn't have to be good to state the truth. There are no unkillable builds that can deal heavy damage without having enemies naked. Tanking and healing has been nerfed hard especially on DKs and Templars. Just because someone uses S/B also doesn't mean they are tank 100%. Still waiting for that truly unkillable people video from recent without Guard on another high health tank and other group members.

Go find Draconis and tell him that
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure @Gilliamtherogue was having fun with Sloads on a sorc killing players with light attacks. Funny as heck to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=KfyOWKWFLUA

It's a long video where he cycles through different toons (different classes) throwing together different builds and playing all these toons/classes in BGs -- very fun to watch.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nuitar Yeah my mag sorc felt the pain of your build. I tried several times to confront you and all were unsuccessful. One time I managed to recover after your opening, but you went stealth and in few seconds got me anyway.

The biggest problem for my mag sorc is to counter the oblivion damage. The proc sets themselves is a strong pressure but I think I could deal with it here and there.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know Draconis. He is a nice person but he has not played tank recently because it got nerfed. I've seen him doing dps builds more than not recently. Even he mentioned that tanking really took a hit. So... not sure what you are on about. He dies very easily compared to the olden days before qq was so great that tanks were nerfed. Have you seen what he was capable of before the nerf? And another tank I know has not been playing his tank build also. So... uh... try again?
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 11, 2018 5:59AM
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Pretty sure @Gilliamtherogue was having fun with Sloads on a sorc killing players with light attacks. Funny as heck to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=KfyOWKWFLUA

Thanks for the link. Interesting stuff.

It's worth noting that Gilliam is using an oblivion damage enchant with torug's and that's what's allowing to kill low MMR players with light attacks in BGs. He doesn't use that setup when he plays alts with high MMRs that would get matched against more experienced players...

Oblivion damage appears to be OP in no-CP and BGs in particular.
    He spends a lot of time being hyperbolic in his condemnation of sloads when I think he really means oblivion damage.

Sloads is not a prob with CP. I get hit with it frequently and have no issues surviving a sloads proc alone.
    When I die I doubt the presence/absence of a single sloads proc would make a difference most of the time...
    Edited by srnm on June 12, 2018 4:35AM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

I know Draconis. He is a nice person but he has not played tank recently because it got nerfed. I've seen him doing dps builds more than not recently. Even he mentioned that tanking really took a hit. So... not sure what you are on about. He dies very easily compared to the olden days before qq was so great that tanks were nerfed. Have you seen what he was capable of before the nerf? And another tank I know has not been playing his tank build also. So... uh... try again?

Yeah, i’ve seen him before. I’ve known him for a couple years. If he’s not tanking anymore, what about Gunzork le Colosse?
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i run reflect
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    Is this build still viable?
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuitar wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't necessarily agree with this 'just pop on a set that does all the work' argument. The proc sets require you to make a conscious decision that negatively impacts your sustain and survivability. You can still screw it up - positioning, resource management...they just make the damage dealing aspect of pvp a bit more predictable.

Get a complete new player to pvp on a stam char equip them with meta sets like fury/seventh and bloodspawn and see how they do. They will get wrecked over and over. Equip the same player with caluurions, zaan and sloads. They will get many kills (or at least deal a lot of damage in fights), and none of them will have anything to do with skill.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    this is why i run reflect

If you played this game, you would know that Sload's isn't reflectable.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are the kind of sniper ganker that usually hides under a mushroom in BGs or stalks lonely players in Cyro :)
    Can't say I am a big fan of these builds or play styles, even though I played my stamina nightblade for years centered around the bow abilities.

I get it, it is fun, I might try this for a while to get some achievements or for a chuckle, but it still is what it is.. cheap, so I can't imagine playing this build for long. By playing different ways, melee then bow, or whatever, you can constantly learn new tactics and ways to defeat your opponents, but not so much by ganking. In PvP I am never angry on players that beat me because they played better than me. Sometimes I admire them, but I never feel the same for gankers.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Sloads + Sheer Venom + Skoria"

Or, how the game plays for you.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    this is at best good against lone newbies.
    • Tanky set ups will out heal
    • mages will shield
    • nightblades will cloak.
    • anyone runing purge will ruin your day too.

Edit* If you want to max out the cheese, replace sheer venom for relenquen to have perma dot with no cd
    Edited by shinikaze on September 24, 2018 11:12AM
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    every lethal arrow bowtard that cloaks away when you survive their attacks is the epitome of cowardly and deserves nothing more than to be called a p****y

...fire away