The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Heavy Attacks with Restoration/Lightning Staves still have issues firing

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged in after being logged out AFK and found this to be a whole lot worse.

My lightning staff often will not continue repeating a heavy attack at all while held down after the first attack even if the target is right in front of me the entire time. It won't even fire if I trigger it near the end of a skill animation either.

It is clearly not registering a repeated command from my Xbox One Gamepad on PCNA server at random times. It sometimes works and is all too often just broken.

I'm sick of this bug already.
    I demand a fix! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know that it wouldn't apply to the past, as this is an older thread, recently pinged with further posts, but currently does anyone affected by this, have Mend Wounds from the Psijic Order skill-line on either bar? that may be a focal point for this issue, as apparently the light & heavy attacks for both bars are substituted with healing allies, even if you only have the skill on one of the bars...I'd been having issues with attacks not firing all the time, beating my head against the wall, and I saw another thread elsewhere, that it's related somehow...just a thought...

see following:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/428820/mend-wounds-disables-attacking-on-both-bars-even-if-slotted-only-on-one#latest

Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    i know that it wouldn't apply to the past, as this is an older thread, recently pinged with further posts, but currently does anyone affected by this, have Mend Wounds from the Psijic Order skill-line on either bar? that may be a focal point for this issue, as apparently the light & heavy attacks for both bars are substituted with healing allies, even if you only have the skill on one of the bars...I'd been having issues with attacks not firing all the time, beating my head against the wall, and I saw another thread elsewhere, that it's related somehow...just a thought...

see following:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/428820/mend-wounds-disables-attacking-on-both-bars-even-if-slotted-only-on-one#latest

No, this is not Mend Wounds.
    Mend Wounds is supposed to disable attacks as it changes them to heals. It is also a toggle that works on every bar no matter which it was slotted on and activated from. They did change it once to disable when you bar swap, but the people who actually use the skill complained to the right people who listened and changed it back.
    Learn to work around Mend Wounds or don't use it on any bar.

And stop posting that Mend Woulds is the issue because you obviously didn't read even the first post in this thread. Common sense is that if it were Mend Wounds then it would affect every weapon and not just Restoration and Lightning staves.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 17, 2018 6:48AM
    Options
  • Sotomaior
    Sotomaior
    ✭✭
    Not a word about this bug in today's notes
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing over a year as a healer and have no issues from the restoration staves or any staves for that matter.

Anyone have a video showing this issue? I watch ESO streamers and all of them use staves and they don't have a firing problem either.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed that my attacks (light or heavy) seem to miss frequently right after using Destructive Clench. Note that this is happening in pve on enemies that don't dodge attacks.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found a way to apparently get this to repeat very reliably, but with the psijic skill Symbiosis instead of a pure restoration/lightning staff, though I had a restoration staff equipped at the time.

I was just messing around, seeing how well Symbiosis could be maintained, when I would drain my magicka completely using the Symbiosis heavy attack then use the psijic skill Introspection(morph of Meditate) to replenish back to full as quickly as I could right before my magicka hit rock bottom. I would then immediately de-toggle Introspection and light attack(HoT ball) with Symbiosis then immediately, seemingly animation canceling, start the heavy attack(channeled heal) until drained again and repeat. I could do this twice through at least but it would not let me heavy or light attack(heal) on the 3rd or 4th time through until I de-toggled Symbiosis and toggled it on again.
    I happened to be doing this on other players who were also using the beam heal on each other and Meditate sometimes.

Symbiosis will permanently lock out any ability to heal with the HoT-ball or the beam after this sequence for some reason. It just breaks the weapon attack command.

Edit:
    I tried this again but I couldn't quite get it right. It did seem to be tied to healing other characters using the same skill or the Meditate skill at the same time. Either that or the fact that their characters were also female bosmer or something.
    Maybe it was just lag and the typical "you're already performing an action" lock out that stuck. It did also force the light HoT-ball at the start of most of the heavy beams right before the bug showed.

I'm just tired of this bug and wish some developer would take the time to go through the data on the Summerset 4.0.0 PTS patch that caused this and just revert the code back to before then when everything worked reliably.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 28, 2018 6:57AM
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still an issue in all content.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh this thread explains a lot! Just switched from my 2hd main toon to my first Lightning/Resto sorc and while I'm having fun with it, the heavy attacks have been bugging the heck out of me. Same as others before have posted, the heavy attacks are often not starting and can be really finicky at times to get going. Being new to staves, I thought it was derpy but guessed this was just how staves were. Glad to know this is considered a bug and they are supposed to be more reliable. Looking forward to ZOS noticing this thread and rolling out a fix.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
    Options
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    Oct. 26, vMOL, 1st boss: Several people had problems with animations and visuals of lightning and resto staff heavy attacks.

For me, frequently my sorc did enter the right animations, but the beam was not visible at all. Also frequently, there was no visual cue at all (just standing there), but the heavy attack seemed to register as mag went up after some time.

Very disturbing and making it quite hard to keep a decent rotation up, and of course no fun at all.

Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oct. 26, vMOL, 1st boss: Several people had problems with animations and visuals of lightning and resto staff heavy attacks.
    For me, frequently my sorc did enter the right animations, but the beam was not visible at all. Also frequently, there was no visual cue at all (just standing there), but the heavy attack seemed to register as mag went up after some time.
    Very disturbing and making it quite hard to keep a decent rotation up, and of course no fun at all.

Same here, ran nCR last night on my lightning staff wielding MagSorc (Yeah, i know, i said i was going to retire her) and half of the time the heavy attacks either didn't fire or didn't show.
    dry.gif
    Options
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even spells doesn't ignite if you don't have the target exactly under the cross. It could be at least nearby. It is like I'm playing Battlefield of Call of Duty where the target must be precise.
    Edited by Sailor_Palutena on October 28, 2018 3:30PM
    Options
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also experienced these intermittently:
    1. Heavy attack triggers even though you do a light attack. An old bug.
    2. Heavy attacks continue endlessly without pressing the mouse button. Another old bug.
    3. Heavy attack animation happens without the lightning beam being shown. This is new.
    4. Weaved light attacks will often not fire if pressed immediately after the previous skill. To work, you have to wait about quarter of a second longer. This is also new.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by dpencil1 on October 28, 2018 4:33PM
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haaa.. so here's the big, bad bug thread. Damn, so this has been wrecked for quite some time now. Wtf.. ZOS?! At ease with all the crown shitts for a bit and fix this shitt.. (please..) damn..
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years have passed and still this is happening.. Restoration/Lightning staff is not firing almost half the time one me..

On top of that, its now also that abilities will not always fire at all plus there is this constant need to /reloadui to get things working at least a bit...

Yes, it is an old thread but i feel its useless to make a new one because there is this that exists and can be found by easy google giving this as first result.

FIX THE DAMNED GAME please...
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all!

As this thread is fairly old, we have gone ahead and closed this thread. If anyone would like to discuss this topic, feel free to create a new updated thread for further discussion.

Enjoy the Journey!
    -Kage
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.