The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Meta in three Years?

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Ishammael you gonna reroll a stam sorc with Duroks+Sload and master’s DW?

NO.
    The LORD ISHAMMAEL is a DRAGONKNIGHT, now and forever.

Besides, ain't nobody got time for that. I barely get to play a few hrs a wk these days.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    OdinForge wrote: »
    I'd also take back early 1.6 with capped CP and some of the major bugs fixed.

Wasn't that 2.2 though? I understand Battlespirit was changed in 2.1, but for the most part that offset power creep from CP and the introduction of new items (IC gear, vMA weapons).

I loved IC -- especially the nb changes (siphoning attacks for one) and liked the CP cap in 2.2.

2.2 did have some big downsides. That's when the 30-50% FPS drop bug was introduced (still not fixed) and loading screen issues in Cyrodiil became 100x worse, but at a gameplay level, it was very good.

For those unfamiliar with the different versions:

1.5 was the last version of launch gameplay [approx nov 2014 - march 2015]
    1.6 was a major revamp that introduced the CP system, removed soft caps, greatly expanded the AE cap, and made stamina builds widely viable
    2.0 was the same as 1.6 but added B2P and the Crown Store [summer 2015]
    2.1 Imperial City (many nice refinements, Battle Spirit change) [sept 2015]
    2.2 Orsinium (vMA, CP cap) [nov 2015]
    2.3 Thieves Guild (vicious death, bombard spam, etc) [march 2016]
    2.4 Darkbrotherhood (heavy armor revamp, poisons, proc sets) [june 2016]
    2.5 Shadows of the Hist [summer 2016]
    2.6 One Tamriel [oct 2016]
    2.7 Homestead [feb 2017]
    3.0 Morrowind [may 2017]
    3.1 Horns of the Reach (earthgore) [aug 2017]
    3.2 Clockwork City [oct 2017]
    3.3 Dragon Bones [feb 2018]
    4.0 Summerset [may 2018]

Dates are approximate..

What i meant was if capped CP was in 1.6, but 1.6 was very different than IC+ which introduced major battlespirit changes.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wasn't that 2.2 though? I understand Battlespirit was changed in 2.1, but for the most part that offset power creep from CP and the introduction of new items (IC gear, vMA weapons).

I loved IC -- especially the nb changes (siphoning attacks for one) and liked the CP cap in 2.2.

2.2 did have some big downsides. That's when the 30-50% FPS drop bug was introduced (still not fixed) and loading screen issues in Cyrodiil became 100x worse, but at a gameplay level, it was very good.

1.6 was a major revamp that introduced the CP system, removed soft caps, greatly expanded the AE cap, and made stamina builds widely viable
    2.7 Homestead [feb 2017]
    3.0 Morrowind [may 2017]
    4.0 Summerset [may 2018]

Dates are approximate..

What i meant was if capped CP was in 1.6, but 1.6 was very different than IC+ which introduced major battlespirit changes.

What if

1.6, capped at 300cp
    With dynamic ultimate?!?!

That would be hot
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. 2.0 was basically the same as 1.6. 2.1 was just a refined version of 2.0 and 2.2 offered further refinements.

2.3 was similar to 2.2, but had MAJOR changes to group dynamics because of the changes to purge/barrier/rapids and the introduction of VD and the original Fasalla's. I *think* 2.3 is also when player movement was broken which later necessitated a 10% increase in player speed in a later major update.

Like I said, I understand Battlespirit was changed in 2.1, but the Penetration bug and nirnhoned armor had as much significance in different ways. Still, 2.0 and 2.1 gameplay were not that different.

IMO, the buff of weapon damage glyphs, the introduction of IC sets, and increased CP offset most of the change to Battlespirit. By 2.2, everyone had started to rediscover Impen because the TTK was very low again.

But I think what really gave 1.6 its identity was that so few players understood it because of all the changes and all the bugs. It was fundamentally different than 1.5 in so many ways.
    Edited by zyk on May 29, 2018 2:12AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How quickly people forget twin sisters set existed and applied a massive bleed, no cooldown and no range limit.... during 1.5.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    How quickly people forget twin sisters set existed and applied a massive bleed, no cooldown and no range limit.... during 1.5.

Mmmmmm I abused that. Murdo ate that a lot.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New meta just screams cancer. I am not sure why they went back to proc set meta. Never have the meta made me this unwilling to log in ever since Dark Brotherhood poison introduction when poisons were glitched to make them even more OP. Some things should stay only in concepts not realized.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is dead.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

2.7 Homestead [feb 2017]
    3.0 Morrowind [may 2017]
    4.0 Summerset [may 2018]

Dates are approximate..

What if

1.6, capped at 300cp
    With dynamic ultimate?!?!

That would be hot

I like your thinking.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ... one thing is certain, there is even 'polling' (voting where more than 88% say PVP is worse) in the community: with every patch that passes, PVP gets worse and worse. ZOS insists on not listening to the community and seems to only listen to a privileged few. A pity!
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    And the best 'meta'? CE, yet - Unfortunately!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »

Mmmmmm I abused that. Murdo ate that a lot.

Was my main setup...a Medium Armor Stamina DK using Sword/Shield and Bow

Those were the times..

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can no longer slot for 100% damage output and zero into defenses, you now have to adjust your build to what you are being killed by, it should have been this way all along, that is how we nightblades have been treated since beta 2013, its just now happening to the rest of the classes.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can no longer slot for 100% damage output and zero into defenses, you now have to adjust your build to what you are being killed by, it should have been this way all along, that is how we nightblades have been treated since beta 2013, its just now happening to the rest of the classes.

wut?

giphy.gif
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's always been an ordeal for a Nightblade to stack damage. Not like those DK's and Templars always out there ganking people.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO.

Besides, ain't nobody got time for that. I barely get to play a few hrs a wk these days.

I have just noticed that i was misreading your name for years as ISHMAEL. Wow, what a relief to have a pair of working eyes now.
    Edited by Soris on May 29, 2018 11:37PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

NO.

I have just noticed that i was misreading your name for years as ISHMAEL. Wow, what a relief to have a pair of working eyes now.

Ishmael is the son of Abraham by Hagar (his wife's handmaiden).

ISHAMMAEL is a DRAGONKNIGHT, immortal and unwavering. Not to be confused with Ishamael, the BETRAYER OF HOPE, nemesis to Lews Therin.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No connection to Moby *** eh?
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Defile needs a rework(nerf), if you dont run a defile youre not doing cyrodiil right at this point, this needs to change.

Befoul needs to be removed from the CP tree. The game never needed increased healing reduction above what Major Defile already gives at 30%. It's what made StamNB and all sources of Defile as rediclously unbalanced as it's become when you can pump a measly 56 CP into Befoul and get 50%+ healing reduction on someone. With the number of sources for Defile right now they might as well just remove defile from the game altogether and add a 100% healing reduction while in Cyrodiil.

If you nerf/remove defiles, healing needs to be reworked as well. Both defile and healing is overperforming at the moment.
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I'd call it meta.. But the best build ever was :

Blinding flashes (aoe 50% to miss and cause a long off balance animation)
    +Perma block with ocassional drain to return stamina
    +Twin sisters (when it was bugged and applied bleed to every block)
    +Dynamic ult gen was giving one ult per bleed tick
    +Original magika furnace with no CD (basically what drose is no with CD)
    +Original Blazing shield that stacked prior damage recieved when recast and could hit for more than a person hp
    +dump groud oil
    +stack 7 instances of leeching bats
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vencenzo wrote: »

+Original Blazing shield that stacked prior damage recieved when recast and could hit for more than a person hp
    +dump groud oil

Patch 1.4? I can't quite recall
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

+dump groud oil

Oh god, I remember that.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll say 1.3 again because that was when healing ward was bugged to give you the heal if you refreshed it
  • Egocanemveresum
    Egocanemveresum
    ✭✭✭
    (1) Reintroduce all stat softcaps. No more hyperstacking any 1 or 2 stats. No more infinite sustain. No more half-second TTK's. Combat becomes a contest of who can balance offense, defense, and resource management ... like it used to be.

(2) Nerf the CP system across the board. No star should give more than a 10% bonus. They introduced the CP system so getting rid of it would feel like losing content. But it just provides bonuses overly dramatic bonuses, currently. This helps remove infinite sustain or half-second TTK burst rotations as well.

(3) Rework most proc'd damage and healing sets. No single proc should carry damage or healing ... like it was, once upon a time.

(4) For sake of Jesus, Moses, Muhammed, Talos, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE move server-side LoS checks back to the client and just make/license a bloody anticheat. Voila, the server now works.

Game fixed
    Edited by Egocanemveresum on May 30, 2018 7:18PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+dump groud oil

And all that was necessary to beat a Mag DK back in the day :smiley:
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+dump groud oil

1.3 - 1.5 ftw
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on May 30, 2018 9:15PM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    Pvp is dead.

Dieing*
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking. It will rule 6 years in a row.