The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What’s truly the most powerful class right now?

wozborne
wozborne
✭✭✭
Let’s settle this debate with a meaningless poll based solely off popular opinion.

What’s truly the most powerful class right now? 297 votes

Stamblade (I got ganked)
35%
ImryllAnimus-ESOrileynotzb14_ESOZackMeckSpringt-Über-ZwergeTryxusWillhelmBlackSodanTokbmannb16_ESOCronopolyKetarmishNicko_LpsStamSteveWingAllu07neb18_ESODurhamRickterVlithlyrrSkoomahvenomsky 105 votes
Magsorc (I live in 2016)
22%
Aryasabresandiego_ESOSolarikenkaithuzarYusufAzuryaKorprokDredlordanitajoneb17_ESOKupokingShareeJixjaxlonewolf26RohausDDukehilly32Rhaegar75diamandaRagnaroek93Soris 67 votes
Stamden (I adhere to popular opinion)
11%
JsmallsEejit1331ChefZerotwitch_zeroOwnZouni JulesHowlKimchiMProskEmma_OverloadSturgeHammerStrider__RoshinPurdomination33crusnik91H4RDFOXsnejremllovsluiceAeremOrjixVesper_BR 33 votes
Magden (I’m trolling)
2%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESOCorpiermoleculeHeathenDeaconJackAshesSeabassbassStarlight_Knightnooblox85 8 votes
Magplar ( I actually just hate BoL)
4%
DatoliteTHEDKEXPERIENCEkickback120ub17_ESOAverageJo3Gam3rDionysusArthgKarivaachris211Okarithmamitouleb91hanUrvoth 12 votes
Stamplar (I actually just hate PotL)
1%
Amdar_GodkillerwozborneSporigudinaiMohegan_Sneak 4 votes
Magblade (I got rekt by them in duels )
7%
JWillCHSbirdbrainlessb14_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOHanokihsthestud2012ordraveeb17_ESOwsmith97ub17_ESOlnigoAmphithoeTBoisApheriusRAB1979WreckfulAbandonMetafaeWhoThenNow7FastBenNaughty_RyderMegabearak_pvpJobooAGS 23 votes
Stamsorc (I envy their Sanic speed)
4%
CO_GibbsVolckodavWanderingBeitheMarabornwingrionLehnuinthe_broo11KingJReaver-Stormhamresilver1surfer69oXI_Viper_IXoRagnarock41SouthernSoldjerMeanWorldSyndrome 13 votes
StamDK (I couldn’t kill a permablocker)
3%
KayshamoutonKnowledgeGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALJohnRingoHuggelzStibbonsAngryOldMansalsahavok 9 votes
MagDK (I accidentally fragged/mercilessed myself once)
7%
leanthony104_ESOpkb16_ESO2Iruil_ESOolsborgShanankollege14a5NemeliomDerraTakes-No-PrisonerNBrookusChunkyCatHammy01ElusiinPallioZodiac_KikkeNelothmarig63themaddaedraVierron 23 votes
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Proc sets, bleeds and unmitigated damage.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK (I accidentally fragged/mercilessed myself once)
    Defile+Sloads cancer

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Answering PvE. While the gank potential is there, they also have a clear cap. When in a gank set up they only have the burst, which if isn't enough, then they are useless. However in a PvE set up, they just have the highest DPS. Not really any secret here either though
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Stamblade for burst, probably followed by magblade and Sorc.

And the forums will burn over the next few months between nightblades and Sorcs over who is more ridiculously overpowered.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Stamblade still will take the cake. Their burst is just amazing and the time it takes to pull high dps on target is the shortest with least setup required.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 26, 2018 7:54AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade (I got rekt by them in duels )
    Stamblades are definitely easy mode. They have very hard hitting stealth attacks and are very capable brawlers.

Magblades take a bit getting used to, but magblades are better at restarting the fight from 1vX. They also have good stealth attacks (although not as popular), can brawl with a bit of skill, and are the top dog bomb class.

Not to mention nightblades have access to major defile that comes with incap/SH.
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc (I live in 2016)
    the burst setups you can do on magsorc after patch is just stupid, i get a curse for 11k, rune cage for 7, can pop a meteor just to be sure to land the kill.
  • nooblox85
    nooblox85
    ✭✭
    Magden (I’m trolling)
    I just got cliff racer hit me to death feel like morrowind again
    Cliff racer enthusiast
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens
  • leb91han
    leb91han
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar ( I actually just hate BoL)
    Magplar always been always will be . The most powerful tanky immortal fugly class is magplar. But if u r asking for dmg all classes has good dmg but id say nbs mag/stam both take 1st place. followed by stam wardens then maybe mag sorcs.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Stamblade, by a mile.. I used to have little problem with them last patch, now they're a nightmare to fight.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    If only I still had my undodgeable Cliff Racer...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stamsorc cause they steal all the nodes , zos pls nerf sanic :/
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc are not op but don't know what the hell it is about fighting them on xbox my game just freaken stalls and lags behind whenever i fight a stam sorc other classes its fine just get a horrible delay fighting them.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magden (I’m trolling)
    OP dodge chance
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answering PvE. While the gank potential is there, they also have a clear cap. When in a gank set up they only have the burst, which if isn't enough, then they are useless. However in a PvE set up, they just have the highest DPS. Not really any secret here either though

hmm is "PvP Combat & Skills" section on forum telling you something about where is this thread?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my opinion but from stamblade perpective..mainle cancer proc sets are most powerfull on any class but mostly nb with option to cloak away have the biggest advantage usiing them, especially on dots

for me as stamnb other nbs arent problem until they use mark on me

for me most powerfull enemies are stamplars who just litearally can spam purify to cleanse from many dots as they dont use magica for anything else so any dot is usless on them like even incap lol

and also ver powerfull are just wardens tankly as dk if stam aor tankyl with healboting like magplar if they are on amgice and with it they have very high mobility with also big burst potential

stams sorc is also on way with just dot fest + hurricane and spin to win as people calling that steel tornado :v

EDIt: forgot about tankly mag dk also dot spamfest and almost free very nice heal in melee range on enemy but it have biggerr disadvantage to rest which I mentioned as magdk only of them dont have that good mobility
    Edited by Edziu on May 27, 2018 11:00AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE? PvP? DPS? Tanking? Healing? This poll needs to be more specific.

As a whole the answer is Nightblade atm.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamden (I adhere to popular opinion)
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Stamblade, by a mile.. I used to have little problem with them last patch, now they're a nightmare to fight.

Why so?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc (I live in 2016)
    In between itemization changes, the broken rune cage wombo combo, and the nerf to stamblade healing, I think magicka sorc is the strongest class in the game right now. The pendulum swings back.

But it’s very very close with stamblade in terms of overall power. Just as it’s always been since literally forever. Sorc and nightblade do and always have dominated this game since 1.6.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

just look at in which section is this thread lol
    PvP Combat & Skills
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KingJ you aren't kidding man. You basically got to cc them to death... because good luck hitting them while they zip around like flash. I've seen them outrun mounts before.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a few outstanding skills and a few outstandingly bad classes in PvP I think it’s not so unbalanced. I’ve seen all classes played well, even Magicka Warden. Id say the imbalance has less to do with classes and more to do with the game in general and it favors stacking burst damage and of course some bs sets that are introduced.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Stamina NB are the kings of everything in PvP right know.

They are the best in everygame mode.

In duel : Heavy armor bleedblade > all.

In battleground : Heavy armor bleedblade > all.

In openworld : Medium armor rollerblade > all.

The only thing where stamblade aren't the best (at all) is bombsquad, but don't worry, Magblade will be > all there.

NB > all.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    With a few outstanding skills and a few outstandingly bad classes in PvP I think it’s not so unbalanced. I’ve seen all classes played well, even Magicka Warden. Id say the imbalance has less to do with classes and more to do with the game in general and it favors stacking burst damage and of course some bs sets that are introduced.

like mentioned for me most powerfull clasees are only from perspective my class wjere at other clasess those arnt that big problem

and in overall most OP thing it isnt most powerfull class, thing is it are proc sets, those are most powerfull and on every class
    get rid of proc sets and people will see so clasess are more balanced eachother
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    I love how stam dk is still at 0% ahahah
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »

just look at in which section is this thread lol
    PvP Combat & Skills

Good point xD nvm
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biased poll, one sided to the thread creators opinions.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    I found someone who claimed stamblade is hard to play and weak... while claiming stam dk is easy mode and the strongest stam class. Well.. he did say stam warden might be stronger than stam dk but stamblade is still hard and not strong.
    Edited by Bosov on May 27, 2018 6:28PM
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade (I got ganked)
    Daus wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »

Why so?

They changed the shade for example.. it used to take a little bit of skill to use i guess... now every stamblade uses it. Today i was fighting a stamblade who was at <10% health, he dodged 5 of my executes, he used shade, cloak and came back full health and incapped me so i had to go full defense mode. That all in like 4/5 seconds.

Bless releases tomorrow... hopefully that will be good so i can play that for atleast a patch until Zenimax does their promised balance change.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208