Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pilgrimage End is a badly designed daily quest

• Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be better if they got rid of the bubble indicator and just added the quest markers on the map for each skeleton. They could also add more skeletons to find instead of only those 5 because it's extremely annoying trying to find those 5 skeletons when they are sometimes hidden.

Today was the second time I've done the daily for it since Summerset has released and the second time was harder than the first. The first time, I was doing the delve quest associated with King's Haven Pass, so I was already exploring the entire delve, no big deal. This time, all I had to worry about was the delve daily and I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Running around everywhere, trying to remember where the skeletons were, accidentally falling off the cliffs seeing if I can jump the broken bridge and get to the 3 other skeletons instead of wasting my time going through a cave, is extremely frustrating. I don't know what the designers were thinking when designing this quest, especially in a delve that's enormous, but they need to make it simpler to find otherwise it's just a really frustrating daily. It's definitely not difficult by any means, it's just frustrating and there's no need for hiding the skeletons and making it to where you have to run all over the place to find them.
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    It's impossible to cross the bridge. To get to the last target you have to go through the cave. As people have said a second circle would make this clearer.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a little hunting I found them. And now that I know where they are it won't be so difficult next time.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest needs to die in a fire
  • robertbmilesb14_ESO
    The only thing that took me by surprise or made me spend maybe five more minutes, to finish it, was when I discovered the broken bridge was not cross-able.

I picked up that the delve quests are designed to be able to do as you do the normal delve quests early on. So because of that, I have had no problems with them. Even this one.

And after having found them that one time, it's actually one of the shortest for me to do.
  • Nymre
    Nymre
    Soul Shriven
    This is absolutely not a good quest. This type of setup works if the terrain is easy to run around but to get to three of the skeletons you have to go out of the search circle, through a cave that you would not be looking for if it's your first time in the delve. That broken bridge is a false hope. They should change it to just quest markers so people don't wear out their armor falling off cliffs repeatedly searching for five bone-needles in a rocky, welwa-infested haystack.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no issues finding the two
    Dhukath wrote: »
    It's impossible to cross the bridge. To get to the last target you have to go through the cave. As people have said a second circle would make this clearer.

Yes, but it only took me two attempts crossing the bridge to figure out I probably needed to find a different path.

As for the two nodes in the entry area I had no issues finding them. I can understand the issue though being they are on edges and at least one is not in plain sight from any angle other than being on the bridge.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah it was annoying thought i missed one near the griffin boss
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just spent an hour looking. found one skeleton by a bunch of mobs, one down the cliff a bit and two at the main boss. cannot find the last one. idk if its bugged but i give up. been around that loop 8 times covering every inch, dropping down water falls and broken bridges. stupid.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally found the last skeleton (actually my wife did ;)). I'll take screenshots of the positions now and post them in a bit.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it goes:

The one 'under the shade':

q3nHcsh.jpg

Next to a broken cart up the hill:

gw4qmfU.jpg

For the next three you have to go through the Coral-Splitter Caves and exit in the north west.

uP8NiA9.jpg

ef4ogbX.jpg

BDYaDQo.jpg

I hope this will help finding those skeletons.
  • runicnomad
    runicnomad
    ✭✭✭
    FYI you do not have to go through cave to get across bridge.
    Go into stealth mode, jump on rope on left side of bridge facing Gryphon Boss, inch across the rope, jump at the end of rope and you will be on the other side.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Anyone else take almost an hour looking for that one skeleton hidden under the cliff shade?

i actually found that one and the one near it first.

took me a while to figure out that you had to cross the bridge and go through the cave to get to the side with the boss on it and the other three skeletons
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny
    I like the Summerset delve maps, finally something that isnt just run CCW and you'll get everything
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here it goes:

The one 'under the shade':

q3nHcsh.jpg

Next to a broken cart up the hill:

gw4qmfU.jpg

For the next three you have to go through the Coral-Splitter Caves and exit in the north west.

uP8NiA9.jpg

ef4ogbX.jpg

BDYaDQo.jpg

I hope this will help finding those skeletons.

@TheCyberDruid
    Bless you, kind soul. You saved my sanity. Have an insightful.
    Edited by anadandy on June 7, 2018 8:32PM
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Funny
    I like the Summerset delve maps, finally something that isnt just run CCW and you'll get everything

I like them, as well, even this one, and some verticality is a good thing. We're not playing Wolfenstein any more.

That said, this particular delve and quest has some issues.

First: The bridge to the final boss area can be crossed only from one side, and the only way to find that out is by falling down a few times. It's dangling a path in front of you without any indication that you can't cross it.

Second, the map is not entirely helpful in pointing out where the entrances to the cave system are. Vertical design is fine, but you have to take into account that your map is only 2D. This is actually a problem with quite a few dungeons in Summerset - the multi-floored library-type dungeons (like that delve on Artaeum) are also a pain to navigate for the first few times until you get a feel for how the stairways work. Some markers only appearing if you're on the same floor doesn't help, either.

And third, that one "under the shade" in this quest is somewhat nasty because you can see the general spot as soon as you enter the delve but the skeleton isn't really noticeable, and the quest marker only appears once you get closer. Most of the time, there is no reason to get closer, though, and if you do, it's probably from below where it's hard to see the thing, either. Coupled with Summerset's general over-reliance on large quest circles with markers only appearing up close, that particular spot is hard to find.
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    After going through the cave and crossing the broken-looking rope bridge, there is a pretty good chance of falling off that bridge and having to run through the cave all over again...urgh
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get to the gryphon boss??? Every door I go through leads to the same place. Yes it's a troll design -- seems when the imagination runs out, this is what they do. Else give the job to their most sadistic designer.
    I love ESO, and Summerset actually, the main quest and many of the side quests are really intriguing. But they sure know how to make you hate the areas you have (and could) love in this game.
    I'll never enjoy the Alikir desert the way I used to, even though I've been lorebook and skyshard hunting there probably 8 times now. Galloping across the desert has a certain ambience...
    But after one psijic quest run there..... (read excruciating pixel hunting while navigating cliffs with seriously depraved bad maps line), it's going to be a tough sell to do that on another character.... After the Summerset map the rest were way off, and there are WAY too many.

But....whimper...how do you get to the gryphon boss and this to the other pilgrim locations??
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheCyberDruid You rock.
    I hate this quest.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Locriana wrote: »
    How do you get to the gryphon boss??? Every door I go through leads to the same place. Yes it's a troll design -- seems when the imagination runs out, this is what they do. Else give the job to their most sadistic designer.
    I love ESO, and Summerset actually, the main quest and many of the side quests are really intriguing. But they sure know how to make you hate the areas you have (and could) love in this game.
    I'll never enjoy the Alikir desert the way I used to, even though I've been lorebook and skyshard hunting there probably 8 times now. Galloping across the desert has a certain ambience...
    But after one psijic quest run there..... (read excruciating pixel hunting while navigating cliffs with seriously depraved bad maps line), it's going to be a tough sell to do that on another character.... After the Summerset map the rest were way off, and there are WAY too many.

But....whimper...how do you get to the gryphon boss and this to the other pilgrim locations??

You have to go through the caves, and then the exit to the upper left. The other exits all lead to the lower areas.
    Edited by kringled_1 on June 12, 2018 12:01PM
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    Ok the feeeking cave entrances appear and disappear on your map, and that is not how they do maps in eso. If you've been in top of something, gone through the door even, it stays on the map. This is the problem. There are many door entrances on this map. But you only see the one you are close to at any given time. So when you go in there in discovery mode, not looking at your map every second (who wants to do that), you count on discovered locations being on the map. Which would give you a chance to at least figure this out (unless you are lucky enough to go that way the first time).

For anyone still look9ng, I can't even say if it's the first or second recess in the north cliff that you enter, but the route in entirely in the northern doors, keep to the right when you are in the cave and go out that entrance. Best I can do without drawing a map...
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    Though I still can't find the last pilgrim.....and I've been in here way too long.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did this quest for the 2nd time. Took about 2 minutes. Lucky for me, I was able to remember where the skeletons are located.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    you do not need to kill BIG BIRD to finish quest.
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite daily quest. The skeletons are always on the same location, they dont disappear when someone else loots them. First time can be frustating, but later it takes about 2 minutes to complete it.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain in the ass quest.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    It's not too tough if you go slow and keep an eye out for the quest markers, they will pop up when you get close to a skeleton.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, tree guy was the easiest for me to find since its right there by one of the entrances to the delve and was the 1st one I found. The rest weren't difficult either, just more annoying since the 3 by the boss require running thru that goblin cave and all but not difficult to do by any means.
    Argonian forever
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    The broken bridge can not be crossed. There is another route to get to the boss area.
    It can be actually, if you playing Sorcerer. One should use Streak twice from the hill with small altars. It saves a lot of time. It's good to be a Sorcerer. *sniff* I smell "Nerf Streak" thread.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lost count how many times I tried to cross the bridge.
    PC-EU @lientier