Pilgrimage End is a badly designed daily quest

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else take almost an hour looking for that one skeleton hidden under the cliff shade?
Edited by Aliyavana on May 25, 2018 7:13AM
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Lol that's exactly what I did today!
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really an hour but quite a while, yes. The quest marker is really not helpful there, and depending on your graphics setting the skeleton may pop in really late.
    I also fell to death twice trying to cross the bridge towards the end boss area. Can you do that?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Not really an hour but quite a while, yes. The quest marker is really not helpful there, and depending on your graphics setting the skeleton may pop in really late.
    I also fell to death twice trying to cross the bridge towards the end boss area. Can you do that?

The map market for this quest angered me
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    Yea, the marker does not work for me. Really annoying quest
    Edited by ThorinOakenshield86 on May 24, 2018 1:36AM
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on it. Can do it when I'm grouped, but I simply can't find that last skeleton. I'll wait for a guide as I'm pretty sure that the quest won't be 'fixed'.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on it. Can do it when I'm grouped, but I simply can't find that last skeleton. I'll wait for a guide as I'm pretty sure that the quest won't be 'fixed'.

there is a skeleton on the left to the right where you go up the mountain side, you drop down to a ledge and the skeleton is hidden in the shade
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should at least have given two circles as they are in two different areas really.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also tried to do the quest yesterday and abandoned it. Also posted a ticket about how bad that quest is designed.
    I didn't even get to the skeleton for which you have to cross the broken bridge. Tried it 4 or 5 times, died once from the fall, then the quest became too annoying for me and I gave up.

For a quest like this I would have expected the required items to either additionally drop from enemies in that area or at least not only have those 5 specific locations you have to find but multiple items spawning randomly over the area.

The way it is now, I surely won't try that quest again.
    Edited by feyii on May 25, 2018 6:17AM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The broken bridge can not be crossed. There is another route to get to the boss area.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    The broken bridge can not be crossed. There is another route to get to the boss area.

I have been in the boss area before but to me on the map it didn't look like the area where the questmarker was (behind the broken bridge) was accessible from the boss area or anywhere other than by somehow getting over the bridge. Well, good to know that there is an actually usuable way. Sadly this doesn't make the quest less annoying.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These daily delve quests are more frustrating than the ones in Morrowind or Orsinium. I don't get why the game designers go out of their way to deliberately frustrate players. I don't think hiding quest objectives in very hard to see/reach places is especially fun, I'd rather they just left them in clear view, spread out over the delve, like in Morrowind or Orsinium.

I did manage to finish it off, after much frustration over the ruined bridge, and some help and guiding from some guildies. These new delve quests seem to require you to find all the objectives, and there is a fixed number of them and they do not respawn, whereas in Orsinium, the objectives in delves are found all over the place, and you only have to find a certain number of them.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t have an issue with the quests themselves. But the circle adds more confusion than clarity in this case by suggesting they are all in one area. And the one on the ledge bellow thr tree is quite hard to spot.
    But once you did the quest once you know the location and it's easy the next time.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the problems with the new delves is that they are extremely vertical and 3D, almost all of them have several layers and bridges and ledges that lead up to higher levels. The 2D map we have is extremely bad at representing this verticality, and all the pathways look mushed together, including the quest objectives and circles.

I like that delves are more vertical and have more levels, but the quest objectives and map need to display that better than it currently does.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first (and only so far) SS delve I've been in was the longest time I've spent in a solo delve xD

For the directionally challenged, these multi-level-full-of-dead-ends areas are an absolute chore...
    and +1 on the map being -0- help ;)

Addon peeps: Proper layered maps needed, pleeease :D

~ Experience reminded me of when I tried to use track corpse in Crystal Caverns o.O
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    The first (and only so far) SS delve I've been in was the longest time I've spent in a solo delve xD

For the directionally challenged, these multi-level-full-of-dead-ends areas are an absolute chore...

~ Experience reminded me of when I tried to use track corpse in Crystal Caverns o.O

That's accurate unfortunately. In some delves where you need to kill 2 bosses for completing the delve I didn't even find the 2nd boss yet. The delve layout is very annoying.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    One of the problems with the new delves is that they are extremely vertical and 3D, almost all of them have several layers and bridges and ledges that lead up to higher levels. The 2D map we have is extremely bad at representing this verticality, and all the pathways look mushed together, including the quest objectives and circles.

I like that delves are more vertical and have more levels, but the quest objectives and map need to display that better than it currently does.
    Bring back the daggerfall dungeon maps
    daggerfall-03.jpg
    yes it showed it as an 3d model
    Edited by zaria on May 25, 2018 9:34AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Coatmagic wrote: »

That's accurate unfortunately. In some delves where you need to kill 2 bosses for completing the delve I didn't even find the 2nd boss yet. The delve layout is very annoying.

Tastes differ of course but being "lost" does add a bit to the dungeon feel. :o
    Now if only the monsters were something to be scared of...
  • PhantomOcelot
    PhantomOcelot
    ✭✭✭
    Spent more then an hour in that delve and searched every single pixel of it. The last skeleton is just not there. Maybe it bugged out. I wouldnt be surprised.
    @PhantomOcelot
    PC EU
    CP 1000+

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent more then an hour in that delve and searched every single pixel of it. The last skeleton is just not there. Maybe it bugged out. I wouldnt be surprised.

There's 3 up by the gryphon boss, one right where the boss spawns. If you kill him where he spawns he will likely be covering a skeleton. Another hard to find skeleton is on a ledge to the right of the delve entrance where you go towards the top, you drop down to a ledge to the left of it and it's hidden under the shade
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure i done that one yet but i have seen ppl in chat asking for daily shares with some quest that they don't want
    must be really really bad if there flat out refusing to even do the quest at all even for a chance at daily reward loot

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure i done that one yet but i have seen ppl in chat asking for daily shares with some quest that they don't want
    must be really really bad if there flat out refusing to even do the quest at all even for a chance at daily reward loot

this quest is pretty vague in quest markers, for 3 corpses you have to navigate a cave and for another, you need to find one hidden in plain sight. Was an annoying daily
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please make a youtube video showing the locations? I cannot find the hard to find one. :cold_sweat:
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this must not be that ridiculously easy overland content people talk about.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    These daily delve quests are more frustrating than the ones in Morrowind or Orsinium. I don't get why the game designers go out of their way to deliberately frustrate players.

To be fair, this particular quest was the only one I had any difficulties with. The others were mildly annoying at best ( or worst ).
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent an hour in there last night until i got it done
  • PhantomOcelot
    PhantomOcelot
    ✭✭✭
    Found the last one today. And iam 100% sure that i checked that spot multiple times last night. It was not there. Looks like thay can bug out and not show up.
    @PhantomOcelot
    PC EU
    CP 1000+

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they update this quest
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 28, 2018 7:12AM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolute piece of *** quest.

one to be abandoned and avoided. not remotely worth the aggravation.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    this must not be that ridiculously easy overland content people talk about.

it's not difficult, it's poorly (or maliciously) designed.

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took me time, but I finally found them all. One tip that will help you is that none are inside the cave, and that there are indeed 3 where you need to go through the cave section to the boss area to find them.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK