The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New form of fun pvp

• EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea OP, this made right can be very fun.

I really don't understand why pve players still comment on pvp topics :/
    So annoying...
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "

• mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a fornite style of cyro pvp. where we drop in from coldharbour through a dark anchor into cyrodiil.....
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunge wrote: »

So annoying...

Well, in this case, the idea seemed to be stuffing pvp into pve, so pver's commenting seems to be justified. /shrug

--

re: "risk/reward".... in this case, the reward is relatively small (a few thousand gold fencing stolen stuff) for the risk of being seen & getting a bounty (need to run from guards, chance to have the guards take all the stolen stuff, need to either pay it or log that character out for a period of time, etc). Having some pvper come mangle my pve-stealth-specced character without any challenge... eh, that risk would be enough to make the small reward no longer worth it. Theft in this game is mostly a source of recipes & motifs, plus a small gold source for the people who don't do the trade-guild thing and would otherwise be dirt poor.

Of course, if it's opt-in that's fine. But I can't imagine many of the people who do the theft thing, would want to opt in. I mean, why would you? You'd need to add some additional 'reward' to go along with the increased risk.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

So annoying...

Well, in this case, the idea seemed to be stuffing pvp into pve, so pver's commenting seems to be justified. /shrug

Simple solution, dont be an outlaw.
    But I was talking about people that only carebear and still want to difficult things for people who likes pvp.

Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "

• Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought they should have done something with the justice system where if the player opted in to "Player Detection On" then they would get bonus drops when committing crimes. The same AI that tells a guard to chase a player or not could be used to make the player glow and thus alert other players in the area that there is a crime being committed. The first player to attack the criminal while they are glowing initiates what is basically a dual with the same rules. The rewards and consequences of this conflict could be determined later (I'm just setting up the vision).

So I think that's how it should be done.
    Edited by Giraffon on June 14, 2018 8:38PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So annoying...

When someone proposes something that will take place in pve areas or effect pve gameplay, pve players have a right to be able to comment.

Same goes for pvp players when pve players propose things that will effect pvp (ie pve Cyrodiil)
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is true. I've played a couple of games that have a similar mechanic and I always end up spending far too much time hunting down the ba***ds that do this and dealing them out of the game. All that revenge and payback keeps me from playing the actual game!
    Katahdin wrote: »

So annoying...

When someone proposes something that will take place in pve areas or effect pve gameplay, pve players have a right to be able to comment.

Same goes for pvp players when pve players propose things that will effect pvp (ie pve Cyrodiil)

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So annoying...

Is there PvE in Cyrodil?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

Is there PvE in Cyrodil?

Well, there's at least all the delves, skyshards, and rare fish. Not sure about all the quests, if they're all pvp (Never been there myself, it's a pvp zone).

Every so often, someone makes a post asking for a PvE version of Cyrodiil, and the forum pvpers respond with all the usual "we have to pve to gear up for pvp, so you have to pvp for these pve goals" comments.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

So annoying...

Is there PvE in Cyrodil?

Some would say so because there are quests.

Though, I am referring to suggestions by some pve players to make a pve only cyrodiil or put more pve elements in cyrodiil such as random raid type bosses spawning in the middle of a keep battle or just random around the map.

Disclaimer: I play both PvE around PvP and enjoy both very much and feel rhat each has its place in ESO. However I do feel they should occur largely completely seperate areas because they can and do interfere with each other when mixed.

One thing I do feel would be nice to add would be some sort of mechanism and arenas/maps for organizing guild vs guild battles in 6v6, 8v8 up to 12v12 formats where the two groups could que up map instance and play.
    Edited by Katahdin on June 14, 2018 11:14PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So annoying...

How does it effect pve when you can turn it off and on?
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So annoying...

--

re: "risk/reward".... in this case, the reward is relatively small (a few thousand gold fencing stolen stuff) for the risk of being seen & getting a bounty (need to run from guards, chance to have the guards take all the stolen stuff, need to either pay it or log that character out for a period of time, etc). Having some pvper come mangle my pve-stealth-specced character without any challenge... eh, that risk would be enough to make the small reward no longer worth it. Theft in this game is mostly a source of recipes & motifs, plus a small gold source for the people who don't do the trade-guild thing and would otherwise be dirt poor.

Of course, if it's opt-in that's fine. But I can't imagine many of the people who do the theft thing, would want to opt in. I mean, why would you? You'd need to add some additional 'reward' to go along with the increased risk.

Yes it would be opt in and I for one would opt in. Many others as well. I'm sure it would give pvpers a reason to steal.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a fornite style of cyro pvp. where we drop in from coldharbour through a dark anchor into cyrodiil.....

That doesn't sound too good imo.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Just make a simple bounty system.

Like the billboard quests.

If player X has killed like 5+ people or more. and been playing for a time. he has a chance to get a bounty on his head.
    (Or maybe only top 10 killers on each side can get a bounty)

Player Y then takes a bounty quest from the billboard that marks player X on the map with a moving icon.
    Only the player with the quest can see it and only player Y gets the gold bounty and a token to buy new bounty items or something like that.

If Player X leaves the game the quest will tell you that. so you can keep or go get a new one.

Its all random and cannot be exploited in the same way as if players put bounties on players.

I guess you didn't read all the posts in this thread? There was one were the post stated that a heavily armored/weaponed PvP player could kill players to get a large bounty on his head, and then he would wait for the player looking for him to come and he would kill them. That alone right there would prevent me from playing that. If they want to include this (although ZOS has already said previously they won't) and have a switch to toggle to join or not, I couldn't care less. But without the option to join or decline, I vote NO.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind different modes in battlegounds. Also a new sigil that gives your char a ele det would be nice for balancing the solo player vs. 4 man groups thing.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So annoying...

Simple solution, dont be an outlaw.
    But I was talking about people that only carebear and still want to difficult things for people who likes pvp.

The justice system is PvE content. That’s the way it should stay especially since they released two outlaw themed DLC’s (TG and DB) with the complete understanding that they were PvE content. You switch the justice system to PvP content without an opt in/out switch, your then ripping off those people who purchased the DLC with the understanding that it was PvE content and who are actually enjoying those DLC’s as is.

So no. Your solution isn’t so simple.

An opt in and out switch would bring the discussion back to the table though.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 15, 2018 9:49AM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every person who "opts in" to the bounty hunt receives the name of one other person, who has also opted in, as their target. They have 24 hours to liquidate the target. When the player eliminates and loots their target they receive the name that target had been assigned. This round robin continues until the end of the 24 hour period upon which rewards are mailed out for the number of targets eliminated during the 24 hour period and a new 24 hour round is created. If a player who has opted in logs out then the target they had is given to the person that had them as a target. Any disconnecting player is removed from the 24-hour rotation and cannot reapply until that session is over. Stealth, Pickpocketing, Blade of Woe, and stealth detection work against targets during this hunt.
    Edited by Aesthier on June 15, 2018 10:12AM
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guessing this is in response to my thread here, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413724/new-forms-of-pvp-how-would-you-feel#latest
    Every option in this thread is meant in a way to not impact pve play at all, or the play of people who want nothing to do with it. If you think there is a flaw in the system please go to that thread and read both the first and 2nd post and then comment below on it why and in a constructive manor if you agree or disagree or think the specific examples could be improved.

The bounty system in SWG would work by if X killed Y in certain pvp situations then Y would have the option to put up his own gold as a bounty on player X, there was a minium requirement of 100k so players didn't get troll 1g bountys. Then players that were hunting, in that game called Bounty Hunters, would have the option to get the mission from a terminal, which is was limited on how many people could take the mission ie attack and hunt the target at once, and would begin a in game process of tracking their target and hunting them down, upon a sucessful hunt of a player the reward would be the gold that Y used to put on X's head. There was no way to check the bounty on your own head and when you took the bounty of another player you couldn't see their name until you came face to face and were fighting them.

This system meant that Pve'ers and players who were not interested did not have to ever be effected by it, it was simply a system for pvpers.
    Wouldn't work.

Just imagine being on the hunt, hours of hard work, tracking your prey with your Witcher sen-- uhm, scratch the last part. Anyway, your target sees you and goes all "OGM OMG OMG. he's here! mom pull the plug! PULL DA PLUG! aaaah aaaaaaaaaah AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

In as passed game that this would occur in there was a system so when you logged out your character in combat wouldn't disappear from the world for 3mins, which meant if you logged out in combat or shut off the PC/pulledtheplug/ectect, you would be guaranteed to come back dead. (which isn't really a big deal if you die in eso, you don't lose anything, sure the other player gained the bounty but you haven't lost anything.) Its just another form of pvp for pvpers to have fun with and it saw great success in swg.

actually it ruined swg.let me tell you what happened.

a jedi would get a bounty placed on his head. silly jedi must have used a ability in which someone saw him and found him out as you kept it a secret before a certain level.

now a few players would get the bounty, group up and look for him. once found they would go to the respawn points where when you die you respawn. each would be at the nearest ones with two that would ambush the jedi.

jedi is killed. everyone in group gets bounty. he respawns and is killed again, bounty given out. respawns and is killed again. respawns and is killed again. now the jedi just lost a whole months worth of exp via deaths. jedi quits the game. fun times right?
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way on earth I would want this in the game, even with an opt out. I've played the game for over 4 years and still enjoy it, but if PvPers were all over the place ganking other people like what happened in Imperial City I would quit this game in a heartbeat.

PvPers dominate these forums, which explains why there are so many nerfs. That's their way of dominating at least part of the game, but if they were all over the place instead of in their own areas, the game would become a disaster. I've done my share of PvP over the years, but found it boring to run from keep to keep doing the same thing over and over again. Three cheers for those who enjoy it, but don't turn the whole game into Imperial City.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

Bounty hunting as a new form of pvp sounds like a great idea and we can definitely imagine the fun, tense moments a system like that could lead to in-game! We obviously can't promise this idea will make it in game, but thanks for sharing we really appreciate it.

@ZOS_Holden, if this idea makes it into the game, I'd drop the game immediately. I've been playing since the beta, and subbed from the beginning; have two accounts, one with maxed character slots, the second one half full, spent quite a few crowns collecting the senche mounts and other items that caught my attention, and I'd drop it without a second thought about the waste of money and time.You might want to go back and look at the myriad previous threads about this subject, and look at all the reasons it would be an incredibly bad idea.

Hint; some pve players have fun *without* pvp. Some pve players want to do the pve in-game content they paid for without worrying about other players hunting them down for bounties. Even if an arbitrary limit is set, how would you stop the exploits that will start, probably instantly. Player A and Player B are friends. Player A racks up a huge bounty and lets Player B kill him to get it. They split the gold. Rinse and repeat. A player with a collectible bounty is in a group in a pve area; what happens if the bounty hunter decides to collect? Will the aoes affect others in the group? Will others in the group be able to fight? How would you stop bounty hunters from camping at travel points? What point moves it from "bounty hunting" to griefing?

How about a separate server/instance where the players who are absolutely convinced that open world pvp kill everything even your own faction everywhere could go? If there are so many players that believe that would be super fun then they'd have a nicely populated instance where they could pvp other built/geared for it pvp players.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    No.

There would be some hardened PvP player(s) with heavy armour PvP gear loitering at every crafting drop off point just waiting for someone to accidentally loot something instead of putting their crafting items into the boxes. Then they would pounce on the unfortunate crafter and kill them.

What about the sneak-thief (in full medium sneak gear) trying hard to pickpocket risky nobles in search of that elusive throne blueprint. One slip-up or bad lag moment later, 5 PvPers pounce on him/her/mer and kill them without chance of a fight back.

Insta-death.

Where's the fun in that? Seriously?

The disparity between sneak-gear and PvP gear is too far apart to allow this to happen. Sneak-thieves would have absolutely no survival chance.

The whole concept is just so heavily weighted in favour of the PvP aspect that it could end up ruining an entirely enjoyable section of the game.

You obviously wouldn't have a bounty on your head if you stole a damn Sweetroll. You would need like 1000-2000 bounty to even be considered a target for 'Player Guards'.

I myself am a Thief and I steal A LOT. I am a Mag Sorc and even I can easily escape any NPC guard in any scenario no matter how much bounty I have. I can imagine what a faceroll it is for a Nightblade. It's just too easy, would really be fun to have a bounty threshold where players would start chasing you.

I know that's the sole purpose of your post, to make the whole idea look as bad as possible, but honestly with that attitude you can make anything look bad.
    Edited by SkillzMFG on June 15, 2018 2:34PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SkillzMFG wrote: »
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    No.

There would be some hardened PvP player(s) with heavy armour PvP gear loitering at every crafting drop off point just waiting for someone to accidentally loot something instead of putting their crafting items into the boxes. Then they would pounce on the unfortunate crafter and kill them.

What about the sneak-thief (in full medium sneak gear) trying hard to pickpocket risky nobles in search of that elusive throne blueprint. One slip-up or bad lag moment later, 5 PvPers pounce on him/her/mer and kill them without chance of a fight back.

Insta-death.

Where's the fun in that? Seriously?

The disparity between sneak-gear and PvP gear is too far apart to allow this to happen. Sneak-thieves would have absolutely no survival chance.

The whole concept is just so heavily weighted in favour of the PvP aspect that it could end up ruining an entirely enjoyable section of the game.

You obviously wouldn't have a bounty on your head if you stole a damn Sweetroll. You would need like 1000-2000 bounty to even be considered a target for 'Player Guards'.

I myself am a Thief and I steal A LOT. I am a Mag Sorc and even I can easily escape any NPC guard in any scenario no matter how much bounty I have. I can imagine what a faceroll it is for a Nightblade. It's just too easy, would really be fun to have a bounty threshold where players would start chasing you.

I know that's the sole purpose of your post, to make the whole idea look as bad as possible, but honestly with that attitude you can make anything look bad.

Out of curiosity, did you do the holiday event where you had to steal apples? Bounty. How about doing some of the pve content in Morrowind? Even with a stealthy type nb I racked up so many bounties from trespassing it wasn't funny. Did you find the thief in Marbruk? You trespass/break and enter in that one. Remember, you aren't necessarily talking about only higher level players with access to good gear and lots of skill points. And don't say "toggle"; that can be abused/exploited too. If you make it mandatory at a certain bounty level, then how is it fair to the players who don't want to participate, but still want to play the pve content in the game that they paid for?

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

Bounty hunting as a new form of pvp sounds like a great idea and we can definitely imagine the fun, tense moments a system like that could lead to in-game! We obviously can't promise this idea will make it in game, but thanks for sharing we really appreciate it.

@ZOS_Holden, if this idea makes it into the game, I'd drop the game immediately. I've been playing since the beta, and subbed from the beginning; have two accounts, one with maxed character slots, the second one half full, spent quite a few crowns collecting the senche mounts and other items that caught my attention, and I'd drop it without a second thought about the waste of money and time.You might want to go back and look at the myriad previous threads about this subject, and look at all the reasons it would be an incredibly bad idea.

Hint; some pve players have fun *without* pvp. Some pve players want to do the pve in-game content they paid for without worrying about other players hunting them down for bounties. Even if an arbitrary limit is set, how would you stop the exploits that will start, probably instantly. Player A and Player B are friends. Player A racks up a huge bounty and lets Player B kill him to get it. They split the gold. Rinse and repeat. A player with a collectible bounty is in a group in a pve area; what happens if the bounty hunter decides to collect? Will the aoes affect others in the group? Will others in the group be able to fight? How would you stop bounty hunters from camping at travel points? What point moves it from "bounty hunting" to griefing?

How about a separate server/instance where the players who are absolutely convinced that open world pvp kill everything even your own faction everywhere could go? If there are so many players that believe that would be super fun then they'd have a nicely populated instance where they could pvp other built/geared for it pvp players.

Chill. It would be opt in or out. That part at least was obvious.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about balance and no more metas ...
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally had a dream about this last night...yeah I dream of ESO sometimes...:(
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, this is not a new concept as PVP bounty hunters were going to be part of the Justice System back in 2014.

If you want to see some information on the original Justice System concepts, look here:

tamrieljournal.com/first-look-justice-system-eso/

I don't recall the details of why it was dropped, but I don't ever recall Enforcers and Outlaws hitting the live server.

-Aletheion
  • d3adkid
    d3adkid
    ✭✭
    What if all the thieves ganged up on you or what if someone knew he had a bounty on their head and simply kept jumping wayshrines.
    I aspire to become a thin yet fat tank.
  • d3adkid
    d3adkid
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

You could let people opt in if they feel like it since some of them are for it.
    I aspire to become a thin yet fat tank.
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeesh, some members of this community are so resistant to change. These are the type of suggestions that can breath new life into a game, if done properly. I'm glad to see ZOS thinks this could also be great fun as well.
  • Sneaky23bacon
    Sneaky23bacon
    ✭✭
    Bounty hunting. Ah...that would be amazing. Gathering some info off of the bounty sheet of the whereabouts of the so called hunted was last seen which updates every five minutes would be awesome and fun. Too many thieves are roaming about without a care in the world.

Would be cool... I have no idea how coding that would work. Last know area could probably work kind of like friend finding does. Would put you on edge and make PVE more like the gem that is imperial city. Would the target get a warning? something Ominous Like YOU ARE BEING HUNTED(with dread sirens going off) or will he just notice that one of the players running around Isn't friendly?