The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New forms of PVP. How would YOU feel!

ShadowMonarch
ShadowMonarch
✭✭✭✭
In my long dead but favorite mmo Star Wars Galaxys, pvp was a lot more then just open world faction v faction and dueling. Your guild leader could send a war invite to another guild from a terminal in the guild house and then if they accepted it was a ALL OUT WAR!!! Anytime, anywhere. until one guild decided enough was enough and ended the war. In star wars galaxys (precu time period) Pvp wasn't its own thing like it is in eso, pvp was just part of the game. For instance if you were imperial there were 3 modes, On leave (which meant you were in the faction but noncombat) There was Combatant (which meant you were pve combat enabled vs the other faction) and there was Special Forces (which means any player of the other faction that is special forces is attackable and vice versa anytime anywhere unless you found a recruiter and changed your status). Now why was pvp "just part of the game" well in swgprecu if lets say 20 imperial faction members got together they could go around the planet and fight these rebel bases/strongholds, and if they wiped them off the planet and got a majority hold then the actual citys in those areas would change to be imperial. They would have Imperial NPC's and ect then occupying the town. This was part of the Galactic civil war in that game, much like we have a Three banners war. The pvp was just part of life in that game, in fact being in a faction and not getting into some pvp was pretty uncommon. Nobody really saw it as a line between PVE | PVP, it was more so just about faction Vs faction, and believe me there was a lot of players who decided not to fight for either side and remain neutral. If players remained neutral then at most they might experience a change in scenery in their favorite towns, so not harm done to them.

Later on during the NGE time period of the game there was also a change were if a Player Killed you in certain circumstances, then a Box would pop up and you would be able to put a price on that players head before you respawn, of course this would be out of your own pocket, I think the minimum was 100k in that game(A minimum is needed so players arn't trolled with 1gold bountys) but then once the bounty was placed, players of the bounty hunter class would have the opportunity to receive the mission, A limited number of players to each mission, and then they would have to Hunt down this player and defeat them, which would then grant that player the reward via the bounty.

PvP in that game wasn't just open world and duels, it was also Bounty hunting and Guild wars, and part of the world. Which I think could be applied to ESO in some way. Im not suggesting a 1 for 1 rip of these ideas into eso, but rather would you like to see some of these ideas implemented into eso at some point in some form? The rewards could be cosmetic, and it would give players a chance to effect the world without a negative impact on players who don't want to be involved.

If you will pick one option below that you think could in some way or form be best suited to be added into eso in some form or manner.

Edit: I wasn't done and I hit enter to go down another line but instead it posted the poll and I cannot add the None option, RIP. If you want none comment below why.
Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 21, 2018 11:13AM

New forms of PVP. How would YOU feel! 34 votes

Guild wars?
32%
DatoliteCeeJonesyWhoThenNow7Drdeath20LuckylancerIryliaSouthernSoldjerShadowMonarchDosuulevonieeCousinP 11 votes
Territorial PvP (outside cyrodil)
29%
GilvothLegacyDMDredlordDreylochRexy18Lichbourne90TharokKingslayer513NerftheforumsPhiathornsyldol 10 votes
Bounty Hunting?
38%
SolarikenAshanneOwnPrabooocjhhickman39schwarzman1davey1107Micah_Bayermarig63Jierdanitrocket343Ragnarock41wozborne 13 votes
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild wars?
    Making a 2nd post to futher explain a possible option for how these could be implemented onto the ESO platform I will start with guild wars and move down the list.

1. Guild Wars!

This would be relatively simple. It could be made in a instance or left openworld, or both! In a situation were it is instanced guilds could make a team and enter a Queue system much like BG's were they could choose to either fight random guilds, Or it could be made for them to fight against only specific guilds that have agreed to go to war with them.

In a situation were it is not instanced it could be made so 2 guilds that have agreed to go to war could have Open pvp at any time any place outside of instances like Dungeons, trials, bg,s cyrodil ect. Put a small safety timer after death on players so If team X kills a guy from team Y he has a minute after he spawns to use the wayshrine he spawned at to move to another location or ect.

2. Territorial PVP outside cyrodil.

A example of this could be flags put around the outermost zones of each faction, or just zones with a already existing enemy faction presence, such as the dominion presence in shadowfen and ect. Control over these flags would turn certain towns or areas in those regions into the controlling factions theme, so If AD takes the majority of flags in Shadowfen then the guards in the southern half of shadowfen would then be Aldmeri Dominion NPC's (npcs like we see in cyrodil, not the guards that are unkillable). Players would have to flag themselves manually for it though so that way grinding players and pve'ers are not getting into fights with pvpers wanting to control a zone, It wouldn't be fun that way. The rewards could be cosmetic or similar to IC's Telvar stones, or purely based off AP.

3. Bounty Hunting.

So for bounty hunting lets say Player X has killed player Y outside of cyrodil, weather in a Guildwar, openworld pvp(not cyrodil), a duel or ect. Player Y could use his OWN gold to put a bounty on player X, the minimum being 100k or whatever is decided. Players in the Dark Brotherhood could then have the opportunity to get a mission for a player bounty, which all they would see when selecting the bounty or "contract" is the amount of the reward, as so avoid exploiting the system to help your friends. Also only a specific number of players could each bounty, so if 3 people have the mission for X then no more can accept that mission or it will not show up until a player with that bounty has died or dropped the mission, or a 1 hour timer could be placed so they have a hour to complete the contract before they lose that mission. Players who have a bounty on their head would have no way of knowing until they are attacked, this keeps players from trolling or getting in a exploitative spot or situation that will give them a free win. If you have been killing people openly, you could expect somebody might come for you soon. Just like we see in skyrim with hired thugs. Now we know a lot of players duel and fight for fun, a way to keep these players from getting trolled with bountys is to add a incapacitation system to Duels. So if Guy X beats guy Y in a duel, guy Y does not die, rather he is stunned on the ground for 5-10 seconds, and he is "incapacitated" Guy X would then have a chance to deal a Death Blow, which would kill guy Y sending him to the nearest wayshrine but also Prompting a box for guy Y to sponsor a bounty or in this case a Contract. If Xv1 becomes a problem it could be made so only 1 bounty hunter or "brotherhood member" at a time is able to attack the target. If a player pulls the plug on their PC mid combat it could be made so that they do not despawn from the world or 3 minutes, meaning a player that ends the program or turns off the console/pc to avoid die'ing, will die. (not like you lose anything for death in eso so no reason to do this anyway)

Do you have any ideas you would like to add to these, a different system you would like to see then what is suggested? Or perhaps disagree with the fundamentals of one of them? Comment below why and try to be constructive.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 21, 2018 12:09PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick 2v2 or 3v3 arenas would be neat. One death per person, kinda like WoW has.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on May 21, 2018 7:32PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above, leave as is, epic fighting inside Cyrodil, weeeeeee
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    As a long time EVE and Elite player I'm all for more PvP but it HAS to make sense in the setting for me.

The 3 banner war etc makes it a nice segway into Cyrodil etc and if it was to escalate outside of that as long as it was plausible story line then I'm all for it.
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can’t I vote for all 3?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    None of the above, leave as is, epic fighting inside Cyrodil, weeeeeee

Epic lag in cyrodill.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all 3 ideas, but the second one is the most enticing for me.

Being able to put bounties on other players would make the nightblade class some very...wanted players lol. Getting sniped off a horse, or while on siege, and dead before you even knew what direction it came from...Makes for a very angry Dreyloch =P
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Option 2 never going to happen , this idea has been asked before and no matter how you dress it up it won't happening, option 3 sounds like the justice system which I don't think is gonna happen , option 1 maybe
  • black_celebration
    black_celebration
    ✭✭✭
    MMR-arena like in WoW, will be very nice if we will see also arena 1v1.
    let's have a black celebration
    tonight
    to celebrate the fact
    that we've seen the back
    of another black
    day
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild wars?
    Guild Wars with a capital WAR.

KoS anywhere, anytime, griefing allowed until one guild surrenders and pays up a modest fee for a truce.

But both guilds would have to voluntarily enter the war and be aware of the consequences of course. Just imagine a horn sounding outside of Stormhaven's walls and dozens of fights just breaking out between rivaling guilds. Great for RP, too. Would be more like a living world. Adds endless replayability. Could add a resource control element if you want to get crazy (rare mats, etc.) Guild controlled cities!

Damn you got me drooling.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bounty Hunting?
    I want all of this. I'd pay to be the only one walking around with a bounty.. having to stay away from towns or slaughter those who tried to take the bounty. Make all of Tamriel hostile to me.

What I would give for a real PvP server with city capturing and the possibility of being attacked at all times.

@ZOS_Holden
    Edited by Own on May 24, 2018 8:09PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bounty Hunting?
    I support the idea of a guild or emperor , having the ability to put bounty on any player(yes, also friendlies). Should only work in open world pvp though.