The PlayStation® Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of February 25:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 25, 3:00AM EST (08:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA megaserver for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Does Valenwood Need More Trees?

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed some areas of Ghratwood and Greenshade are rather sparse when it comes to dense vegetation. I was wondering if "you guys" felt the same way. Does Valeenwood as a whole need more trees to feel like a proper forest?
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, and Lord of Tel Galen.

Does Valenwood Need More Trees? 55 votes

Yes
83% 46 votes
No
16% 9 votes
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    I suppose that the Valenwood zones would feel more immersive with denser vegetation; but it is quite obvious that the reason there isn’t is because it would case serious performance issues for some. Lore-wise there are definitely more trees; but I don’t think that more should be added to the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grahtwood is an Old Growth Forest. Those are characterized by very tall trees forming a canopy and very few trees lower to the ground because very little sunlight gets past the canopy. Grahtwood's old trees are huge.

Malabal Tor, on the other hand, has more of the layers we'd expect to see from a rainforest. Lots of tall trees, but also lots of ground cover plants anywhere there's sunlight,breaking through the canopy.

Greenshade has a lot more plains, mountainous regions, and swamps, so its the oddest of the regions. Perhaps we can just chalk that up to the Wilderking/queen having a direct influence on the terrain?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has very nice zones, but it’s no secret that all of the DLC zones are much more detailed than the base game zones. For example, compare a zone like Wrothgar to Glenumbra lol. The design and verticality of newer zones are significantly better.

The Devs have undoubtedly (and naturally) become far better at creating things over the long history of the game since launch.

I’d actually love for one chapter to feature a redesign/improvement upon all base-game zones, instead of giving us a big new zone (maybe a smal zone would suffice assuming the redesign happened). That’s just me though :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERYWHERE needs more trees. Every time I start up ES:Skyrim I'm shocked at just how dense the woods can be.
    CP1,000+ Master Explorer - AvA Tribune - Console Peasant
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    ESO has very nice zones, but it’s no secret that all of the DLC zones are much more detailed than the base game zones. For example, compare a zone like Wrothgar to Glenumbra lol. The design and verticality of newer zones are significantly better.

The Devs have undoubtedly (and naturally) become far better at creating things over the long history of the game since launch.

I’d actually love for one chapter to feature a redesign/improvement upon all base-game zones, instead of giving us a big new zone (maybe a smal zone would suffice assuming the redesign happened). That’s just me though :)

Like another base-game patch like One Tamriel. To jazz up the existing zones, and add some flavor.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »

Like another base-game patch like One Tamriel. To jazz up the existing zones, and add some flavor.

Yup. Either that or even as a replacement for the usual full-fledged 2nd quarter chapter zone, though ofc this couldn't have a price tag on it.

If the job is too large, they could maybe redo three zones (one per alliance) every quarter in stead of all at once. The content is already there - they'd just need to improve the zones themselves.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    MO TREES!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I recently filled my Covens Cottage with weeping willows, underbrush and bushes and it honestly feels more like a real forest than anywhere else in the game. I get that they were probably worried about camera angles and rendering when they build these zones. But I do wish they had done a better job of making places like Ghratwood and Malabal Tor overgrown and untouched. Its odd how the Bosmer are not supposed to harm plantlife but the place looks like someones been cutting down all the overgrowth that would occur in these places.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valenwood needs more trees, and brighter greens. Why are the colors of the grass and trees so dull? When I imagine Valenwood, I see bright green grass, moss, and lush forests. Not whatever this dull gray-green they have going on..

I'd really like them to re-visit the zones of the base game...
    ESO Streamer and Twitch Affiliate - https://www.twitch.tv/CyberSkooma
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just going to tag some people here. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :smiley:

• GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭
    More trees and moving trees.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Bellatrix Lealiena - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer