The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Dragonknight Wings (Last Stand): pseudobuff?

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Ragnarock41

I‘m a bit torn on stamDK. I have a guildmate who even now just dominates on his stamDK. I’m pretty sure though that’s more the player behind the class than the class itself. I agree „stand your ground“ as design philosophy doesn’t fit in a game that has shifted to mobility being key for everything, even in PvE.

Actually decent stamDks on sotha sil is probably less than 10 in PC EU, considering all factions.

AD has EV(toxic boi but probably the most known AD sDk), EP has Cursa.(probably the best out of all the names I listed,plays all classes but is a beast on stamDk) and well, DC I think has Victimize, or so I heard from my friends.

And all the three names I listed thinks the class has some issues at the moment. Especially in open world play.

There are less than 10 stamdks on all of PC EU :lol:

Lots of pve rerolls who come by to unlock vigor-caltrops, and also lots of skyrim wannabees who want to be ''dragonborn'' , but instead make a nord stamDk and join an EP zerg in sotha.

There is definitely more than 10 that play sDk in there, but if we count the half decent folk, even if I include noobs like myself, its really not over 10 probably.

Well we're not taking trash into account for Balance discussions or stamnbs would be in Need for many buffs xD

''badblades'' .d
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I marvel at anyone who plays DK and is good with it. I just don’t have a feeling for the class at all, although I tried (not hard enough though). It’s a pity because I really love DKs.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We just need to escape from the stand-your-ground mentality and leave that up to people who choose to be tanks.

Maybe if ZOS implemented passive debuffs to armor?

“Wearing a 5 piece set of armor reduces movement speed by 15%”

That way- you can still be tanky... but now you have to stand your ground.

“Wearing 5 pieces of medium armor reduces magicka regen by 15%”

No more perma-cloaking stamblades. Or perma-BOL stamplars. No permashroom stamdens.

“Wearing 5 pieces of light armor reduces healing recieved by 15%”

No more tanky light armor wearers or insta-healed stealthers.

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We just need to escape from the stand-your-ground mentality and leave that up to people who choose to be tanks.

No more perma-cloaking stamblades. Or perma-BOL stamplars. No permashroom stamdens.

Do you even Play the game?
    The are no stamplars using BOL, no stamwarden is using the magicka shrooms
    and i really don't know what insta healed stealthers or tanky light armor wearers have to do with healing received on light armor or what insta-healed stealthers are for that matter
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while i understand the need for snare inmunity in pvp, giving that to the DK through wings will skyrock the performance of the class on PvP, mDK specially will jump straight to the top of the food chain imo, and less be honest, is already a strong class. If they are going to add snare inmunity, it should be a really short one, like 1second, to be enought to move away from aoe snares and such and the cost should be increased, reflect + snare removal + snare inmunity in a single class skill will be WAY over the top.
    Edited by ManDraKE on May 17, 2018 3:55PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And that makes current balance we have a heavenly harmony. There are no BoLing stamplars except for people who is not knowledgeable in theorycrafting. And Wardens use each morph per their path selection (stam or magicka). This is just bunch of no. And light armor does not even need to be any less tanky. Then you wouldn't even want to use it on any class other than Sorc and NB. Light armor builds as is has already enough trouble withstanding damage without resorting to expensive shielding. No need for nerfs. These debuffs will really make heavy the only best thing especially for DKs and Templars.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel