Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is Zaan's Broken?

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    @ak_pvp it deals 25-30k damage to Players that is enough to kill them just by hitting them with zaan if they aren't defending themselves.
    It's ridicoulus that we even have to discuss that a set deals more damage to Players than ultimates that cost moe than 200 ult is balanced.
    A set should never be enough to kill a Player never in no Encounter should equipping one single set give you so much damage that in conjunction with an ordinary cc you are able to kill Players.

I put on Zaan on a troll build will full defile and 50k health and i killed so many Players just with zaan alone and they couldn't do *** they just rekt against a build that deals 4k Meteor crits on non blocking light armor Targets while my zaan still hits for 20k+ that is just ridicoulus to defend such a set.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    BohnT wrote: »
    @ak_pvp it deals 25-30k damage to Players that is enough to kill them just by hitting them with zaan if they aren't defending themselves.
    It's ridicoulus that we even have to discuss that a set deals more damage to Players than ultimates that cost moe than 200 ult is balanced.
    A set should never be enough to kill a Player never in no Encounter should equipping one single set give you so much damage that in conjunction with an ordinary cc you are able to kill Players.

I put on Zaan on a troll build will full defile and 50k health and i killed so many Players just with zaan alone and they couldn't do *** they just rekt against a build that deals 4k Meteor crits on non blocking light armor Targets while my zaan still hits for 20k+ that is just ridicoulus to defend such a set.

They couldn't do *** against a 50k health build? Why not. That build would have a low zaan output in the first place, and only be remotely threatening for 6s every 20~ sec. If you mean you zerged some people with it, and zaan helped kill, then that is different, but unless you get potatoes, or get lucky, they should at least be able to stalemate you.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that the poll answers, "it's fine," and, "No," are the same thing. So it's results are lopsided.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    ak_pvp wrote: »

They couldn't do *** against a 50k health build? Why not. That build would have a low zaan output in the first place, and only be remotely threatening for 6s every 20~ sec. If you mean you zerged some people with it, and zaan helped kill, then that is different, but unless you get potatoes, or get lucky, they should at least be able to stalemate you.

no they can't do *** they just get 0 heals and can't kill me while zaan eats their health.

that build still hit them for enough to kill them on a friggin build taht can't kill a Player that goes afk if i'm not using zaan.

it doesn't matter that my damage only Comes every 20 seconds the first guy i meet dies if he can survive he can't kill me while i can jsut wait another 18 seconds to try nuking him again.

if i'm using zaan on an offensive build the first guy who meets me every 18 seconds is about to get rekt because he can't Counter it, if he's a NB than lucky him but any other class gets rekt and that is absolutely stupid.

I will just repeat the same Argument over and over again: A set that applies 5k pressure per second over 5 seconds on Players without having *** easy counterplay is unbalanced.
    Zaan would be fine if it was stationary and had an 8m range and even then it's stupid because either you run away from my set or you die.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This set is so beyond broken in BGs and would've never made it into any form of PvP if this game was handled by developers who actually gave something about the integrity of their product. Lucky for all you zaan scrubs they don't consider balance something that's making bank.

Nonetheless, it is incredibly funny to see what kind of players are crutching/defending such an abomination.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Æterny wrote: »
    Ok, so far we can notice that only Nightblades and Zaan users are fine with it...

I´m fine with it on sorc - for sorc i personally take more issue with skoria than i do with zaan.

Anything that can´t break it just dies.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I would like to point out that the poll answers, "it's fine," and, "No," are the same thing. So it's results are lopsided.

Just do the math, Please Nerf it and yes are the same thing, and it goes more than double votes in conjuction as well. That was for fun purposes
    Edited by Æterny on May 12, 2018 8:46PM
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    This thread makes for some great comic relief. I wonder how many dumb arguments we will see next patch when the next abomination arrives: Sloads Semblance.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Koensol wrote: »
    This thread makes for some great comic relief. I wonder how many dumb arguments we will see next patch when the next abomination arrives: Sloads Semblance.

iT's jUsT 853 dAmAGe hOW cAn U eVEn DiE tO tHAt? :trollface:
    Options
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

it's damage is low but it's oblivion ...emm its going to be very boring thing in summerset. i wish to not add sloads to the game to be honest.
    Same as zaan in current state, it's "making distance" counter is very hard on most of the classes and burst is ridiculously high in non-cp.
    Edited by Anethum on May 12, 2018 9:13PM
    @Anethum from .ua
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    diplomatt wrote: »

it's damage is low but oblivion emm going to be very boring thing in summerset. i wish to not add sloads to the game to be honest.
    Same as zaan in current state, it's "making distance" counter is very hard on most of the classes and burst is ridiculously high in non-cp.

yeah that set has to die along with earthgore, trollking, shieldbreaker etc
    Options
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    diplomatt wrote: »

it's damage is low but oblivion emm going to be very boring thing in summerset. i wish to not add sloads to the game to be honest.

yeah that set has to die along with earthgore, trollking, shieldbreaker etc

better redesign to be more counterable and comparable with alternatives
    Edited by Anethum on May 12, 2018 9:41PM
    @Anethum from .ua
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Another "nerf proc-set thread".....

*sigh*

Might as well necro some "nerf radiant destruction" threads while we´re at it.....

This game was incredibly stale without proc-sets. Stacking stats was so damn boring and I hope we never go back to that again.
    Options
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf it
    Ok, so far we can notice that only Nightblades and Zaan users are fine with it...

I am neither. It has a few situational issues but strawmaning and generalising won't get your point across.

It's not strawmanning, anyone who claims Zaan is balanced hasn't experienced balance or isn't intrested in skill based balance.

A set should never be able to kill or save an enemy player on its own.
    We had a time when everyone was running around with willpower/ agility + monster set (no strong procs there except for skoria) + a non proc 5 piece this was a good time and I'd delete all my characters just to get back to that time.
    There were people joking on the forums that we'll se a set in the future with a long cooldown that just one shots players and well Zaan isn't far from that

Its strawmanning to say that everyone pro zaan is either an NB or a user, because they are passing it as a fact when it isn't.

I hated the old, willpower+kags/julianos or hundings+something like bloodspawn or EG, or maybe 2x 1 piece time. Everything was brutally samey and meta.

It can't kill on its own unless the opponent is standing there presenting, it kills when utilizing CCs after draining the opponent and putting them in a spot they can't counter it otherwise. Then over 6s with a timed burst to help. Its a fair playstyle if you ask me, especially since fair few classes can really pull it off.

CaliMade wrote: »
    @ak_pvp

How can you justify my inccident? I have the opponent fully CC’D and im applyng pressure. Why is it that he can nearly kill me without casting an ability for an entire 5 seconds? and I did heal too i rewatched the clip i made. zaan procs on me at 20k hp, I drop to 14k after a few seconds then cast Dragons blood witch hits non crit 4.9k takes me back to 19k hp, CC him then I cast a flame lash, he breaks free and fossilizes me at witch point im at 3k HP when the Zaan proc ends. Thats gotta be a total damage of nearly 25k on a non vamp. I coudnt have created distance, im snared and he has a leap ready(i know this because he leaped on me after i broke his fossilize.) would it have been fair if i would have died to this player? I dont think so.

My Dk is a Dark elf (2k extra flame resist)
    I have 24k spell resist
    52 points into Thick skinned (roughly 19% reduced DOT damage)

Why is it in any way balaced for this set to nearly kill me on its own?

You had 5s when he was CC'd and you didn't react to the zaan. Its like me damaging an enemy, them breaking free and then 1shot leaping me, you didn't stay on guard, as such, you died.

Mist, waltz away, take like 6k damage overall. (A few dot ticks worth) Sorts the snare, creates distance, reduces damage. I can count the times on one hand when I have died to zaan alone, and not a situation where I wouldn't have died anyway.

I did react-
    Not everyone is a vampire and your a jackass if you hold it against them for not being one-
    I healed nearly back to full
    I didnt die-
    I took his leap and it did nothing
    And zaan alone still nearly killed me.

You cant justify a set that can kill a player by itself.

Your leap comparison falls flat because in order for you to get a leap strong enough to one shot my Dk is if your emp with -Spellweave,Alchemist, and Kena all procc’d at the same time. Even then i still doubt it.
    Also you ignore the fact that you have to spec into damage highly with your sets to even hope of doing that with a leap. You could run seducer and lich and still hit stupidly hard with Zaan. Not leap tho.
    Also leap is an ultimate only available to One class, anybody can run zaan.
    Also kid was hitting weak lashes and the fact that I survived his leap at 3k hp means there is no way in hell he could have one shot me with it.

If you can pull 20k damage of a basic light attack just from running a 2 pc set. Its busted regardless if its instant or over 5 seconds.

Its as simple as that no other set in this game can kill a reasonably specc’ed player in 5 seconds without any input from the wearer. I challenge you to find one, wether the victim stands still or not.

Zaan is stronger than soul assault. Let that sink in.
    It hits harder-
    You can combo it with other ults-
    And Its not a channel-

The fact alone that i can tank three soul assaults at once but cant take two zaans is shocking to say the least.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
    Options
  • CO_Gibbs
    CO_Gibbs
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Another "nerf proc-set thread".....

*sigh*

Might as well necro some "nerf radiant destruction" threads while we´re at it.....

This game was incredibly stale without proc-sets. Stacking stats was so damn boring and I hope we never go back to that again.

This is not a call to nerf every proc set, it's a call to nerf an obviously broken proc set that can absolutely bridge the cap from terrible player to competitive player without requiring it's user to actually try.

I have been in thousands of BG matches by now, and this set is the most glaring problem i've encountered. The fact that someone can proc it and LOS their opponent while doing enormous damage is ludicrous. Without the LOS issue, it's just a set that inexperienced players lean on.
    Edited by CO_Gibbs on May 12, 2018 9:50PM
    PC NA. 'Gibbs - G'ibbs - Gibbs'
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just do the math, Please Nerf it and yes are the same thing, and it goes more than double votes in conjuction as well. That was for fun purposes

@Æterny you do the math, if "please Nerf" goes with "yes" then "please buff" goes with "no" and "it's fine" it's a lopsided poll

Edit: the comment about the poll isn't a comment about Zaan. Just pointing out the poll is odd, obviously the results would be the same.

- as for Zaan, it's not as OP as old Selene viper stuff, BUT apparently a stun on Magden IS too OP, so by that standard it is.
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 12, 2018 10:52PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf it

As or right now it adds up to

45 votes to nerf it

24 votes to leave as is

2 votes to buff it

Its lopsided alright.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

I am neither. It has a few situational issues but strawmaning and generalising won't get your point across.

It's not strawmanning, anyone who claims Zaan is balanced hasn't experienced balance or isn't intrested in skill based balance.

We had a time when everyone was running around with willpower/ agility + monster set (no strong procs there except for skoria) + a non proc 5 piece this was a good time and I'd delete all my characters just to get back to that time.
    There were people joking on the forums that we'll se a set in the future with a long cooldown that just one shots players and well Zaan isn't far from that

Its strawmanning to say that everyone pro zaan is either an NB or a user, because they are passing it as a fact when it isn't.

I hated the old, willpower+kags/julianos or hundings+something like bloodspawn or EG, or maybe 2x 1 piece time. Everything was brutally samey and meta.

It can't kill on its own unless the opponent is standing there presenting, it kills when utilizing CCs after draining the opponent and putting them in a spot they can't counter it otherwise. Then over 6s with a timed burst to help. Its a fair playstyle if you ask me, especially since fair few classes can really pull it off.

@ak_pvp

How can you justify my inccident? I have the opponent fully CC’D and im applyng pressure. Why is it that he can nearly kill me without casting an ability for an entire 5 seconds? and I did heal too i rewatched the clip i made. zaan procs on me at 20k hp, I drop to 14k after a few seconds then cast Dragons blood witch hits non crit 4.9k takes me back to 19k hp, CC him then I cast a flame lash, he breaks free and fossilizes me at witch point im at 3k HP when the Zaan proc ends. Thats gotta be a total damage of nearly 25k on a non vamp. I coudnt have created distance, im snared and he has a leap ready(i know this because he leaped on me after i broke his fossilize.) would it have been fair if i would have died to this player? I dont think so.

I have 24k spell resist

You had 5s when he was CC'd and you didn't react to the zaan. Its like me damaging an enemy, them breaking free and then 1shot leaping me, you didn't stay on guard, as such, you died.

Mist, waltz away, take like 6k damage overall. (A few dot ticks worth) Sorts the snare, creates distance, reduces damage. I can count the times on one hand when I have died to zaan alone, and not a situation where I wouldn't have died anyway.

I did react-
    Not everyone is a vampire and your a jackass if you hold it against them for not being one-
    I didnt die-

Your leap comparison falls flat because in order for you to get a leap strong enough to one shot my Dk is if your emp with -Spellweave,Alchemist, and Kena all procc’d at the same time. Even then i still doubt it.
    Also you ignore the fact that you have to spec into damage highly with your sets to even hope of doing that with a leap. You could run seducer and lich and still hit stupidly hard with Zaan. Not leap tho.
    Also kid was hitting weak lashes and the fact that I survived his leap at 3k hp means there is no way in hell he could have one shot me with it.

If you can pull 20k damage of a basic light attack just from running a 2 pc set. Its busted regardless if its instant or over 5 seconds.

Its as simple as that no other set in this game can kill a reasonably specc’ed player in 5 seconds without any input from the wearer. I challenge you to find one, wether the victim stands still or not.

It hits harder-
    And Its not a channel-

The fact alone that i can tank three soul assaults at once but cant take two zaans is shocking to say the least.

Its not that I am holding it against you for not being a vamp, but you didn't even dodgeroll back (since you said you were snared) if they were CC'd for 5s. Honestly, vamp is available to anyone, and it is kind of gimping yourself to run without it, and by the looks of it, without any other removal method too.

I can get 15k leaps on CCd targets easily, with a sun+axiom light build, assuming I am not a scrub, I'd pressure you first, just like it takes to kill with zaan against any non potato opponent. It seems like that DK built around zaan, hence doing little damage with leap, and you still couldn't deal with it.

So in conclusion:

I say counter it differently and you will survive.
    You say you did counter, and don't want to otherwise
    I say what is the problem
    You say high damage.
    I say counter it differently.
    You say you did counter, and don't want to otherwise...

Ad nauseam. Unlike something strong without any counterplay, i.e. sloads, cost poisons, (Unless templar) this is just something strong, saying it hits for more than a soul assault isn't true, because that relies on a full hit, soul assault is uninterruptable, and quite frankly *** because its LOS'd so easily.

Give that to zaan, and it'll be fine.

EDIT: Not discussing this further, I'll get the "high death recap ree squad" on me, so I can't quite be bothered.
    Edited by ak_pvp on May 12, 2018 11:02PM
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf it

@ak_pvp

I have 24k spell resist

I did react-
    I didnt die-

It hits harder-
    And Its not a channel-

Its not that I am holding it against you for not being a vamp, but you didn't even dodgeroll back (since you said you were snared) if they were CC'd for 5s. Honestly, vamp is available to anyone, and it is kind of gimping yourself to run without it, and by the looks of it, without any other removal method too.

I can get 15k leaps on CCd targets easily, with a sun+axiom light build, assuming I am not a scrub, I'd pressure you first, just like it takes to kill with zaan against any non potato opponent. It seems like that DK built around zaan, hence doing little damage with leap, and you still couldn't deal with it.

So in conclusion:

I say counter it differently and you will survive.
    You say you did counter, and don't want to otherwise
    I say what is the problem
    You say high damage.
    I say counter it differently.
    You say you did counter, and don't want to otherwise...

Ad nauseam. Unlike something strong without any counterplay, i.e. sloads, cost poisons, (Unless templar) this is just something strong, saying it hits for more than a soul assault isn't true, because that relies on a full hit, soul assault is uninterruptable, and quite frankly *** because its LOS'd so easily.

Give that to zaan, and it'll be fine.

Yeah i hit 20k leaps. Congrats you deleted a newb, who hasnt?

NO! you will not hit a good or even a decent player “WITH A REASONABLE OPEN WORLD BUILD”(like me for instance) for a 15k leap. Let alone 20k plus. Lies

You say It can be countered
    I say its still too strong regardless because its braindead easy to be effective with regardless of your build. And something that you have to make minimal sacrifice for and put little effort into should not force players to counter it. Thats bad game design.

Any dps Dk will have their cp set up the exact way his is for pvp wether they have 4k spell dmg or 2k.
    ZAAN will still do rediculous damage.

Your logic on countering Zaan with Vamp is fragile, Yes Zaan will do less damage but im taking more damage from the dk as a whole.

Yeah mistform counters it but SERIOUSLY?
    Why do i have to mistform away from a CC’D opponent(im at full health from the start of the channel) just because thier procset is up?
    You mistform away from skoria procs at full hp when your target is Cc’d?
    How about grothdarr?
    You run away from a cc’d player in thier domihaus circle?

If you need to mistform away from a dungeon 2pc then that 2pc is too much.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

Options
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Yes

@Æterny you do the math, if "please Nerf" goes with "yes" then "please buff" goes with "no" and "it's fine" it's a lopsided poll

Edit: the comment about the poll isn't a comment about Zaan. Just pointing out the poll is odd, obviously the results would be the same.

- as for Zaan, it's not as OP as old Selene viper stuff, BUT apparently a stun on Magden IS too OP, so by that standard it is.

So you get the point. the grand majority of the players are unhappy about how strong the set is and want a rework.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you get the point. the grand majority of the players are unhappy about how strong the set is and want a rework.

Polls aren't supposed to have a "point," by changing the parameters you have inherently scewed the results.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Yes

Polls aren't supposed to have a "point," by changing the parameters you have inherently scewed the results.

The point is to gather other players opinions about something, and yes, everything in life has a point.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

The point is to gather other players opinions about something, and yes, everything in life has a point.

You could just have had a "Is Zaan too strong, yes or no." I see that it boils down to two choices, buff it, fine and no being pro zaan, and nerf it and yes being anti zaan in its current state. But it is definitely a bit of a messy poll.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Yes

You could just have had a "Is Zaan too strong, yes or no." I see that it boils down to two choices, buff it, fine and no being pro zaan, and nerf it and yes being anti zaan in its current state. But it is definitely a bit of a messy poll.

I could have done "Strongly agree/disagree or similar" but that sounds like a boring marketing company doing research. The world is boring enough. Lets have some fun on the internet at least, no need to compose formal terms on a Game Forum...
    Options
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As a mDK I shouldn't have to spec into vamp just to avoid a set dealing 11k through block. Aside from mist there's no way for me to escape it.
    Options
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    As a mDK I shouldn't have to spec into vamp just to avoid a set dealing 11k through block. Aside from mist there's no way for me to escape it.

As any other class we shouldn't have to spec out of vamp to avoid taking 25% increased damage from magdk's.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its fine
    The real problem are these snare poisons.

More and more people have caught on that snare poisons arent removed by shuffle / FM / mist form. Guarantees a full zaan tic on a warden / DK.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yea its broken LOS doesn't break the beam
    Options
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

As any other class we shouldn't have to spec out of vamp to avoid taking 25% increased damage from magdk's.

Avoiding the extra damage from dawnbreaker is the reason I'm not a vamp but to each their own I guess
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf it
    if everyone is using something you can be pretty sure it's broken
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options