The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

15 Master Anglers, AND all DLC/Chapter achievements on all 15 characters. Here's all the data!

• Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give this man a special fishing title in-game or something.

Also the amount of work that went into that OP was mind boggling.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

OP is amazing! Well done!!
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant fish for more than ten minutes in this game before i either start falling asleep or see something shiny that takes my attention.

i am thoroughly convinced that anyone with the master angler title either has mental health issues or is a serial killer.

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant fish for more than ten minutes in this game before i either start falling asleep or see something shiny that takes my attention.

i am thoroughly convinced that anyone with the master angler title either has mental health issues or is a serial killer.

Haha, i'll take that as a compliment :joy:
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this video sums up the poor NPCs after three years of dealing with MyNameIsElias's characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFHLB9KhnQo&index=59&list=PLSMETuURtTXCzW7Q_ZIy4QzEnyUG8totf&t=0s
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I can't even catch 1 rare fish from any zone without losing my mind.

They need a fish in the game called Elias
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

THIS! We demand a rare golden fish named Elias pretty please @ZOS_GinaBruno !
    PC|EU
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    question to op
    you tried to fish in delves and public dungeons? you can catch rare fish there?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question to op
    you tried to fish in delves and public dungeons? you can catch rare fish there?

You mean any zone in particular? I only searched for foul holes inside the Hew's Bane delves a few times to find more holes, due to Hew's Bane foul being bugged out sometimes.

Other then that i'm not certain, i know you can fish inside the wayrest sewer dungeon in the area with the last boss. Don't think you can loot rare fish there tho.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can fish inside some delves in Wrothgar.
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    i mean in any zone
    so you got a rare fish from delve in Hews bane yes?
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *forum hug*

Well, you've given me a giggle and a sense of wonderment at your efforts. Very entertaining. Also, hooray for Fish Art!

Thanks for sharing this - apart from anything else, I haven't investigated fishin in ESO, and you've given me some insights.

And I wouldn't worry about the Tamriel ecosystem - it's a very strange one and I'm sure beyond our ken. For example, have you noticed how many owls there are in comparison to the number of prey animals? Clearly owls native to Tamriel are either vegetarian, or have no mouth parts and only exist for a short time in order to mate - like mayflies or something?

And don't get me started on the wolves/senche-cats and the number of large prey animals. All very puzzling and worthy of a Mage Guild Phd.

Anyway, excellent stuff and thanks for the amusement. :)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean in any zone
    so you got a rare fish from delve in Hews bane yes?

Ah should have clarified, no i didn't. I did not even find a single fishing hole in the delves sadly.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtf? Why... What's the point?

I don't think I'm physically able to approve of this. That seems like such a pointless waste of time.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you by any chance in a full body cast with limited mobility in your arms so all you can do is fish? I can't imagine dedicating that much time to it but I will say it is impressive.

I personally am recovering from kidney removal surgery and having a tumor removed the size of a baseball. I’m spending 7-8 hours a day playing and fishing myself.

I had another surgery in January and did the same thing.

I have 6 master anglers on Xbox. Only got 1 and 1/2 recently while recovering, But to answer your question I personally do use eso as a time killer while recovering.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Do you have a 5 Star?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have one question ...

Who wants to FISH WITH ELIAS!!!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Are you by any chance in a full body cast with limited mobility in your arms so all you can do is fish? I can't imagine dedicating that much time to it but I will say it is impressive.

I personally am recovering from kidney removal surgery and having a tumor removed the size of a baseball. I’m spending 7-8 hours a day playing and fishing myself.

I had another surgery in January and did the same thing.

I have 6 master anglers on Xbox. Only got 1 and 1/2 recently while recovering, But to answer your question I personally do use eso as a time killer while recovering.

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles my friend, i wish all the best for you <3 Super cool to hear about another fellow multi-angler :smiley:
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Nice! Do you have a 5 Star?

You mean for PVP? 3 stars on my main character, almost halfway through Grand Warlord grade 1 :)
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now its time for you to...

1. shave all the unruly hair off your face.
    2. Take the first shower in... how long??
    3. put on clean cloths and adjust to natural sun light
    4. find a Job to support your self
    5. move out of parents home and in to your own.
    6. see what the real world is really like

AND EXPERIENCE REAL WORLD SUCCESS!!

Disclaimer: Don't take this seriously.
    Edited by jerj6925 on May 24, 2018 4:23PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    And now its time for you to...

1. shave all the unruly hair off your face.
    2. Take the first shower in... how long??
    3. put on clean cloths and adjust to natural sun light
    4. find a Job to support your self
    5. move out of parents home and in to your own.
    6. see what the real world is really like

AND EXPERIENCE REAL WORLD SUCCESS!!

Disclaimer: Don't take this seriously.

:joy:
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    hey OP why so big difference between Master angler and DLC zones?
    master angler need more locations in total...

also question which DLC zone is more harder/longer on your opinion?
    Edited by LumbermillOverlord on May 25, 2018 9:04PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey OP why so big difference between Master angler and DLC zones?
    master angler need more locations in total...

also question which DLC zone is more harder/longer on your opinion?

Didn't see any reason not to include the dlc zones in the post, more info more fun!

In terms of hardest zone, Imperial City due to gankers.

Longest was Clockwork city due to the bad rng.
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    i mean... why 6k fish fo MA, and 56! k OMG for all other DLC zones?
    its on one characters i see
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    ah i see now
    56k its for 15

so its like 6.5k vs 3.7k fish on one character if compare MA and dlc zones
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    does delves and public dungeons provide rare fish at all?
    I once wasted several hours in The Lion's Den (because The Rift has almost no River nodes) before determining that it never gave anything other than white. It seemed to be outside the zone, so to speak, at least as far as fishing was concerned.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For solo fishing in Cyrodiil how do I get used to fishing? (Has to be PvP) ever since I played AD in 2ND Scourge PS4 EU. To currently me red. ZOS took away most fishing holes. So many Holes full of water. Yet no water with fishes. There a dock for one yesterday. No fishes in Lake. AD side by BM, it now only has 1 fishing hole instead of 2. The hole also has 2 fish, keep being 2. So what happened to all the fishes in Cyrodiil? To many watering holes, hardly any fish. Tis why no fun solo, I don't care for fishing achievement. My home is Cyrodiil, feel more happy there no offense. I'm just really kinda upset. ZOS needed the fishing holes. Good job on though.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does delves and public dungeons provide rare fish at all?
    I once wasted several hours in The Lion's Den (because The Rift has almost no River nodes) before determining that it never gave anything other than white. It seemed to be outside the zone, so to speak, at least as far as fishing was concerned.

I assume they don't. Never tried myself.
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    question is 2nd tier baits(from fishing) better then regular baits?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question is 2nd tier baits(from fishing) better then regular baits?

Nope! It is only there to make the fishing loot-table bigger, making it longer to complete fishing achievements :disappointed:
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Holy smokes! Thank you for your post, it made for a thoroughly enjoyable read. Master Angler on 15 characters is crazy! I haven't even made a dent towards doing it on one character.