Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch 4.0.2 where are the combat balance changes

BohnT
BohnT
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Really Zos no changes at all for any class?
Why do you even want us to provide Feedback if you don't do anything at all?
I really want the game to improve but it just feels like wasting our time on the Forums discussing about Balance and poiting out huge imbalances

- DKs reflective plate is still useless
- Still no buffs for stamdk
- Magwarden is stil so meh while stamwarden is overperforming in pvp
- Templar has so many issues i can't even list them here all
- Shimmering shield is still way too cheap even with the cost increase
- Nothing was changed about Incap
- Zaan and the other overperforming procs are still carrying Players
- No changes for oblivion damage
- No changes to defiles in their currently broken state
- infused potion Speed glyphs are still way too strong
you could add counless Things to this list and yet nothing changed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Will we see at least some changes for classes and Balance Overall?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they said balance changes will arrive this week or later. it was unlikely to get them this week. be patient ;)
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no 1pc stat bonus for the arena weapons (master, maelstrom, etc) to compensate for all 2Hs now counting as 2 set bonuses.

These special, endgame-tier weapons are now being outperformed by any generic 2H weapon when frontbarred.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about "nerp" do you not understand?

Well at least daedric trickery isn't as bad as before
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop asking they don't care just accept these changes or move on to another game, they got your money and will keep getting your money that's what matters to ZOS.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 30, 2018 8:01PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    they said balance changes will arrive this week or later. it was unlikely to get them this week. be patient ;)

I was told to be patient last week... Didn't work out.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class and abilites balance normally hapens on the third week of PTS... Why are we still not used to that?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of players feel like there's a lot to be looked at and tweaked. Every week that passes it seems like that's not going to happen.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Class and abilites balance normally hapens on the third week of PTS... Why are we still not used to that?

This is the third week.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still expecting those single mythical "we balanced everything you wanted just the way you wanted" patch notes I see. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    People still expecting those single mythical "we balanced everything you wanted just the way you wanted" patch notes I see. :tongue:

Except the ONLY balance tweaks that were received this patch was a nerf to LA and HA. Nothing else.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ mag wardens. Ps. I main a mag warden... :'(
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Except the ONLY balance tweaks that were received this patch was a nerf to LA and HA. Nothing else.
    Well y'all kept saying Nightblade did too much damage. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Me too but I gave it up.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

This is the third week.

I've meant after the third week. Balance changes come with x.x.3 as far as I can remember.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we Magwarden mains exist? Is it only to suffer? Every patch, we feel our lack of damage skills, stuns, snares, and execute and the good abilities we’ve lost...
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Why do we Magwarden mains exist? Is it only to suffer? Every patch, we feel our lack of damage skills, stuns, snares, and execute and the good abilities we’ve lost...

So we can put flowers on our own graves
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure we can put flowers on our own graves... but maybe some kind stamden will do that for us when we are all gone
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    This means the 4th week is going to fix any issues the 3rd week notes may have had
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main StamDK here and I keep getting slapped in the face and it hurts.
    giphy.gif
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Me too but I gave it up.

Bout to give the whole game up lol. Every patch it's an entire rework and grind. Then you get comfortable and they screw it all up again.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting to see a single Race balance change after we've been bringing it up every PTS for over a year. Redguard is dominating Stamina builds in PvE and PvP both with all the changes to sustain during Morrowind and Argonian, particularly with the new potion cooldown reduction on jewelry, is going to be unbalanced as heck in PvP and as a tank in PvE if they don't redo the passive resource return from Potions.

Nord, Khajiit, Breton, and Imperial are all in a bad place right now and are noticeably behind the Redguard/Argonian meta.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why anyone hasn't figured this out yet.

ZoS will release a garbage/broken/unbalance changed product. There will be no time to test much of it before it goes live. Then...when it does go live it'll be a cluster.... For everything in the game. Balance, Trials, PvP, sets, classes, all of it. All of it will have issues for the next year, and even then it won't get fixed. But they sure will get your money so they can just do it all over again.

I'm sorry if any of you are new. This is just how the company operates. They can do it too, because there aren't any other competitors right now. I won't make any suggestions. It's all been said. Jewelry crafting and 5-5-2 PvP setups are all I'm concerned with. That's all this DLC/Chapter/ripoff has to offer.Oh, and balance? C'mon guys, the game is 4 years old. Time for us to stop crying like one, and realize it's just never going to happen.

Edited by Dreyloch on April 30, 2018 6:33PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

ZoS will release a garbage/broken/unbalance changed product. There will be no time to test much of it before it goes live. Then...when it does go live it'll be a cluster.... For everything in the game. Balance, Trials, PvP, sets, classes, all of it. All of it will have issues for the next year, and even then it won't get fixed. But they sure will get your money so they can just do it all over again.

I'm sorry if any of you are new. This is just how the company operates. They can do it too, because there aren't any other competitors right now. I won't make any suggestions. It's all been said. Jewelry crafting and 5-5-2 PvP setups are all I'm concerned with. That's all this DLC/Chapter/ripoff has to offer.Oh, and balance? C'mon guys, the game is 4 years old. Time for us to stop crying like one, and realize it's just never going to happen.

The best changes made imo
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Really Zos no changes at all for any class?
    I really want the game to improve but it just feels like wasting our time on the Forums discussing about Balance and poiting out huge imbalances

- DKs reflective plate is still useless
    - Still no buffs for stamdk
    - Magwarden is stil so meh while stamwarden is overperforming in pvp
    - Templar has so many issues i can't even list them here all
    - Shimmering shield is still way too cheap even with the cost increase
    - Nothing was changed about Incap
    - Zaan and the other overperforming procs are still carrying Players
    - No changes for oblivion damage
    - No changes to defiles in their currently broken state
    - infused potion Speed glyphs are still way too strong
    you could add counless Things to this list and yet nothing changed.

Did you really expected balance changes? They just want to give us a reason to keep on logging into PTS...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They nerfed all light and heavy attacks, including 2h, which had already been nerfed :D

Press F to equip DW
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

But we got dungeon weapon outfits in the crown store!
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do. But you don't see it. "Feedback" doesn't mean "tell us what you want and we will implement it". It means "say what you don't like, and we will gather your opinions, analyze them based on real game data and further plans, and if necessary make changes".

How many people, so many opinions. And only ZOS team understand what the game really needs at the moment. The experience of the past years demonstrates this very clearly.
    Everything is viable
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is putting priority on cosmetics and the crown store crates instead of content. It’s been like that since Morrowind. Less content, more cash grabbing.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile sorcs are absolutely and utterly broken on the pts right now. The current iteration of rune cage HAS to go.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Meanwhile sorcs are absolutely and utterly broken on the pts right now. The current iteration of rune cage HAS to go.

To be honest I don't even know how strong it will be in reality, it seems useful for a duel/gank situation only. Should never have messed with frags and the CC, it made an already annoying Xv1 class worse, whilst taking away strength from the unique/useful ability.
    - Wings is still useless.

FTFY
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.