The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Im a lone wolf raised in a hard core family, my place is no longer a place :(

• MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try VetMaelstom without gear. Ill give you 50k if you complete it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Souls is thataway.

"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, there is no story content that's involved.

The most involved the game gets is vet dlc dungeons and trials, but they are only mechanics based.

I was thinking about it last night.

Overland (where quests are) is just so easy and have only 1 way to be done. Mage/fighters guild passives just skip content and choices don't make the quest harder/easier.

Difficulty may not be the issue, but definitely involvement seems lacking
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you completed all the hard content the game has to offer? Or is this mostly about overland and dungeons. Show off your "Saintly Savior" title if all the game content is too easy for you.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, changes that I would like to see never go over well with today's youth. I prefer games to be very hard and combat to be extremely involved. I dont like killing trash mobs in 3 hits or world bosses in less than 3 minutes solo. I dont like being unkillable less faced against a mechanic impossible to surpass alone. I want damage output nerfed to the ground and resources very hard to manage. I would like to die a lot more. I literally never die unless im being side tracked and literally walk away from the keyboard to get a coffee in the midst of a boss fight.

So you want content to be hard...

Ankael07 wrote: »
    Why dont you do Maelstrom arena or veteran trials in hard mode? Overland content is for casual and new players for the most part.

Because I dont want to do content just for the sake of doing it. I would like rewards that I would use for completing said content. I do not want any of the trial gear so there is literally no reason to complete it.

...but you don't want to do the hard content.

No...he is saying he doesn't want to do THAT particular content, not because of difficulty, but because of rewards. I myself don't run trials often because of the people who run vet trials all the time are elitists and insist on certain gear/builds to allow you a spot, and I understand that...they want the best chance of completing the trial, so they want to stick with known quantities, but the attitude drives me away because I dont chase the meta...I usually have a set of meta gear in my inventory...but rarely wear the stuff on my builds because I dont enjoy playing other people's builds...this has the end result of locking me out of vet trials. So be it.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    l33t
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, thanks, sustain was already overnerfed, i am not looking forward to 24/7 heavy attack, it would be objectively bad gameplay.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    So, changes that I would like to see never go over well with today's youth. I prefer games to be very hard and combat to be extremely involved. I dont like killing trash mobs in 3 hits or world bosses in less than 3 minutes solo. I dont like being unkillable less faced against a mechanic impossible to surpass alone. I want damage output nerfed to the ground and resources very hard to manage. I would like to die a lot more. I literally never die unless im being side tracked and literally walk away from the keyboard to get a coffee in the midst of a boss fight.

Why dont you do Maelstrom arena or veteran trials in hard mode? Overland content is for casual and new players for the most part.

Because I dont want to do content just for the sake of doing it. I would like rewards that I would use for completing said content. I do not want any of the trial gear so there is literally no reason to complete it.

No...he is saying he doesn't want to do THAT particular content, not because of difficulty, but because of rewards. I myself don't run trials often because of the people who run vet trials all the time are elitists and insist on certain gear/builds to allow you a spot, and I understand that...they want the best chance of completing the trial, so they want to stick with known quantities, but the attitude drives me away because I dont chase the meta...I usually have a set of meta gear in my inventory...but rarely wear the stuff on my builds because I dont enjoy playing other people's builds...this has the end result of locking me out of vet trials. So be it.

His complaint is that there isn't hard content.

Hard content is pointed out.

His response is he doesn't want the rewards. That's an entirely different complaint.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

His complaint is that there isn't hard content.

Hard content is pointed out.

His response is he doesn't want the rewards. That's an entirely different complaint.

True enough...but they are tied together...its a hassle to come up with a group of 12 people for a trial...sometimes even if you are in a trials guild. If I want to log on and play for half an hour...what hard content is there? Aside from an arena in vMA? none.

Although rewards from questing would be garbage as well(even if the questing was nightmare-mode hard I am sure). PvP is where the OP needs to go...you can usually find hard-to-survive fights there
    Edited by josiahva on April 26, 2018 6:22PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who did PvP in the so called 'golden era' and griefed people galore as a world PvPer - you can only look at what we have today and laugh.

Its amazing that people think you can be 'top tier' in these modern casual mmo's. They are built for babbling idiots. The people who used to die before even getting a skill off in games like Aion or before hand.

People talk about the 'difficulty' of this 'better' more 'skilled' action combat and it leaves me a little wide eyed in horror.

Sure tab target games were a different beast but I'd be regularly juggling 30 keybinds, that required reactionary twitch reflexes or you'd be downed faster than a CP1k nightblade unloading on a pre-scaling lvl 1 mudcrab.

If people think there is any 'skill' involved here, when some builds had THREE toggles (magelight, bound armor and perhaps a summon) leaving only two (four total) usable skills on weapon swap.....I mean really? ESO is just a button mash at best. For people who used to juggle so much in pvp (speed+number of abilities) this game is so beyond dumbed down its hilarious honestly.

But that rant aside; this just isn't a game for us anymore as people have suggested. Dare I say it at times, even a genre.

It reflects on culture at large. The self entitlement, lack of patience and anti-social attitude. Not everyone conforms neatly into such a box but when we talk 'generaliztion' those who gamed in the old days will know what I mean.

Questing might not have been so advanced, the demographic might have been very different - but gameplay was engaging. What you have in ESO is essentially what Matt Firor described. A place where retaining players long term like MMO's used to isnt the point. People drop in and out like a lobby game.

Which is sadly what many things have become.

I prefer a very steep difficulty curve and whilst people like to hark on about the cons of 'grind'; it was actually because things took so long that people slowed down. That they made long lasting guilds and saw no point in rushing - because you couldnt.

People don't want that any more fine. But don't look down upon us being different as if it wasnt fun, because it was.

A damn sight more FUN to US that whatever you call these casual abominations today.

In the end that post calling out 'pve' as the casual of old, made me laugh. I did use to feel that way for a time. PvPers were a type of people, extrovert perhaps. However deep down we all knew that every element of the game had its place in making the world feel worth being part of.

Games picked up on that but in the end; forgetting the old ways has also had a cost. The old games may have lacked a lot but they had some spirit. Something ESO severely lacks.

My mistake - I wasn’t clear. PvP back then was extremely skill based.

I was referring to the PvE. It was mindless back then.

Now it is far more skill based - at least at the highest level anyway.

But back then, if you were a PvE player and avoided PvP, you were considered a casual. “Timed raids” was not a thing until WoW came along and changed the MMO genre in 2005(?)

You can agree or not... I mean the PvE was certainly a time sink and by today’s standards we wouldn’t consider them casuals...

But back then, the elitism was in the PvP community and the PvE community was small, looked down on, and considered as casuals.
    Edited by Thogard on April 26, 2018 6:56PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So counting the title of your thread and your single paragraph, you used the word 'I' eight times. The title and every sentence begins with 'I'. So the game is all about you, is it?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questing just fails for me when there is no challenge, no sense of danger..
    You get a cool backstory of some ancient, evil powerful being with minions that have everyone terrified and the power to take over the world, then you just gallop right through all the minions, and 3-shot the boss.

You've literally just spent more time porting and riding than fighting, and the world-threatening boss was a push over. Immersion gone, roleplaying impossible, story now implausible, and therefore non-engaging. PVE broken.

I'd honestly do pve again if I felt some kind of sense if accomplishment for completing a quest. I don't mean 'rewards' I mean that good feeling you get when you succeed in doing something difficult.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s just how mmos are.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭

I seriously doubt you can walk away and get a coffee and still be alive when you are fighting most DLC world bosses like in Wrothgar, for example.

ESO has a SCALE of difficulty - from easy World bosses in the starter zones to progressively more difficult ones. If you don't like fighting the easy bosses DON'T DO THEM.

If you "want to die more" the solution is simple - don't use any CP in Vivec and fight the Center Bosses of IC solo with No CP while max CP players try to gank you.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends which type of boss. Quest bosses, yeah they're easy, but if you're saying you can walk away from a boss fight (overland or 4 man dungeon - even on norm) to make a cup of coffee/tea etc and come back with it still beating on you, I'd love you to post a video of that.

Easy to to make yourself sound like an unkillable badass, but another thing entirely when we're talking "literally", backed up with proof. I can claim that too, doesn't mean it's true.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on April 26, 2018 8:40PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not about known quantities, or a lack of creativity... okay, in some cases it is an utter lack of creativity, however, in most cases, when they're spot checking your build, it's over a legitimate concern that someone doesn't know what they're doing. If a StamSorc DPS shows up wearing Dreugh King Slayer and Warrior Poet... there's a pretty good chance they don't know what they're doing at all. And, yes, I've encountered PvE DPS trying to use both of these sets before.

In a lot of cases, spot checking a build is about seeing if the player appears to know what they're doing, not about enforcing some preconfigured build.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people want single-player game elements added to a MULTI-PLAYER game... perhaps OP should stick to single player games then... because clearly the MAJORITY of players in this game would not be here, nor would the game, if ESO was designed like they described.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would really love casual dungeons with one or two customers that dole out nice yellows and motifs like candy..

Thats my dream.

Real hardcore is crown crates anyway.
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 27, 2018 2:21AM
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    “Hardcore”
    “Lone wolf”
    “Want to die more”

And yet you’re talking about PvE instead of PvP....

Hmmmmm....

I main PvP but i would luke pve a lot more if it were more engaging. Once you learn mechanics of a dungeon there is simply no damn excuse to die to them (aside from Zaans rng *** mechanic). ESO used to be challenging. I remember calling for help to complete a few fighters guild quest lines. Now I can solo most vet dungeons and yawn my way threw vet malestrom arena.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medakon wrote: »
    [snip]

I agree with OP, game has become to easy from what it used to be.

Reason behind this is that all hardcore MMO players left pretty early due to 0 endgame content, as it didnt have raids at release. ESO were stuck with casuals complaining game was to hard, so Zenimax decided to nerf difficulty overall. It was a time where tank had to constantly hold block, and stack block reduction + regain to survive, because he could take 1 hit max before dying, and all other roles instant died from monsters if they had agro.

So zenimax had to make the game easy, nerf overall difficulty, and level scale content. Kinda sad, but thats how it is. These days I play ESO to play casualy, as it is no effort to become a top tier player, and I play other games if I want to be hardcore and acutally get a challenge. They will never change back to hardercontent, since their overall player population can't handle it. :disappointed:

I remember soft caps kept this game pretty interesting. They should bring them back
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life is the most hardcore game on the market. It even includes permadeath.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Sounds like you need Bloodborne,Demon Souls , Dark Souls or anything from FROM SOFTWARE.

no thanks.