The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Im a lone wolf raised in a hard core family, my place is no longer a place :(

MidknightWolf
MidknightWolf
✭✭✭✭
So, changes that I would like to see never go over well with today's youth. I prefer games to be very hard and combat to be extremely involved. I dont like killing trash mobs in 3 hits or world bosses in less than 3 minutes solo. I dont like being unkillable less faced against a mechanic impossible to surpass alone. I want damage output nerfed to the ground and resources very hard to manage. I would like to die a lot more. I literally never die unless im being side tracked and literally walk away from the keyboard to get a coffee in the midst of a boss fight.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need Bloodborne,Demon Souls , Dark Souls or anything from FROM SOFTWARE.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why dont you do Maelstrom arena or veteran trials in hard mode? Overland content is for casual and new players for the most part.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • MidknightWolf
    MidknightWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Why dont you do Maelstrom arena or veteran trials in hard mode? Overland content is for casual and new players for the most part.

Because I dont want to do content just for the sake of doing it. I would like rewards that I would use for completing said content. I do not want any of the trial gear so there is literally no reason to complete it. VMA is simple and can be done with one hand and eyes closed, on top of that, I dont want any of the rewards offered there as well.

I would love ZOS to give us more motifs, pets, and mounts as potential but very rare rewards for vet dungeon/trial boss drops.

Imagine there is a chance to even have a crown crate drop off vet bosses and trial bosses. That alone would make me want to do it.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are in the minority. Perhaps a different game?

Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • MidknightWolf
    MidknightWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    NAh, I love ESO none the less.
  • MidknightWolf
    MidknightWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and did I mention PERMADEATH? My god that would be great if this game was a perm death game. GOD YES.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine there is a chance to even have a crown crate drop off vet bosses and trial bosses. That alone would make me want to do it.

Bruh...have you even opened a crown crate before?

And as to your other rabble, well, in your video game fantasy land you'd be the only one playing. This game is plenty difficult and as all video games, gets much easier with practice and experience- as do most things in life.

I don't think I will ever have the time to get good at vMA to a level where I could to it even blinking more often than normal, let alone blindfolded.

And if you want a difficult level, go fire up an NES and go play TMNT or Mega Man.
    Edited by boombazookajd on April 26, 2018 2:52AM
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, changes that I would like to see never go over well with today's youth. I prefer games to be very hard and combat to be extremely involved. I dont like killing trash mobs in 3 hits or world bosses in less than 3 minutes solo. I dont like being unkillable less faced against a mechanic impossible to surpass alone. I want damage output nerfed to the ground and resources very hard to manage. I would like to die a lot more. I literally never die unless im being side tracked and literally walk away from the keyboard to get a coffee in the midst of a boss fight.

Wear zero armor and unassign all your champion points. :)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go play dark souls
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and did I mention PERMADEATH? My god that would be great if this game was a perm death game. GOD YES.

Yeah, that would certainly make endgame content... you know, the actually challenging part, way better. Because then as party members died, they'd need to waste time grinding up new alts.

I mean, can you imagine? vSO where the pins permanently remove your character from the game because someone else didn't get to you in time. Or vMoL, where you could grief other players by intentionally killing them using the twin's light/dark mechanic? Yeah, that'd be great. \s
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, that would certainly make endgame content... you know, the actually challenging part, way better. Because then as party members died, they'd need to waste time grinding up new alts.

I mean, can you imagine? vSO where the pins permanently remove your character from the game because someone else didn't get to you in time. Or vMoL, where you could grief other players by intentionally killing them using the twin's light/dark mechanic? Yeah, that'd be great. \s

Why don't we have a game that also destroys your computer when you die? Awesome stuff, right?
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah everything you ask for would make the populations quit overnight.

Rightly so imo its a game to enjoy not to hate after 15 minutes..
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 26, 2018 3:23AM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Souls should fit you good mate
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main tank died several times tonight while figuring out Scalecaller Peak mechanics for the first time with friends. It was a ton of fun!

Mind you, it was fun because playing with friends is fun, not just because figuring out DLC dungeon mechanics on a blind first run is an entertaining challenge.

I enjoy the challenge of new content and seeing how with practice those challenges become mastered and then easy.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 26, 2018 3:33AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Hardcore”
    “Lone wolf”
    “Want to die more”

And yet you’re talking about PvE instead of PvP....

Hmmmmm....
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's taken me a year to get my characters as powerful as I want them, max out Undaunted and riding skill, and you want to kill them off permanently? Not sure I like where this is going. ...
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another person bragging by complaining how awesome he is. You want a harder challenge, don't use a mundus stone, CP, or any gear sets above green.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP, you won't get much appreciation.

Those with a true challenge and achievement based mindset were the early 2000 MMO players.

Nowadays all you get are Farmville soft-skins who could not bear to die twice in a row and could not stand breathing without massive rewards for such heroic action.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭

My kitty has nine lifes.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Run Cyrodill solo, try to take on small groups. With the right build, it's challenging, but really fun.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Those with a true challenge and achievement based mindset were the early 2000 MMO players.

Nowadays all you get are Farmville soft-skins who could not bear to die twice in a row and could not stand breathing without massive rewards for such heroic action.

Nonsense, people are people regardless of what decade they started playing games in.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA is simple and can be done with one hand and eyes closed
    Its one of the hardest single player content in the MMO genre. If you felt it was that easy first time u did it i can safely say you wont find any game or content anywhere that fits your standard. You are simply to good and play on a level way above anyone else.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go pvp
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of strong opinions in this thread.

I would love a "survival mode" added to the game. Harder combat, no fast travel, not eating gives you serious debuffs etc. It's not that these things make the game harder really, they just change the pace of the game as you have to be better prepared for everything.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i don't understand why you wouldn't just pvp
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So vet+ nerf you buff enemies
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Speaking as an early 2000s MMO player, I can’t help but laugh at this.

Being a PvE person back then was synonymous with being a casual. Open world PvP was the regular / expected server mode and not the niche that it’s become. “Achievements” as we know them now DID NOT EXIST.

Don’t call these millennials “soft skins” if you’re part of the same crowd that would send an “RPK” like me hate messages for camping the best grind spots.

Ugh. Coop servers were a thing. Gross. That’s where the casuals went to farm the boring hour long bosses that didn’t have mechanics, just time sinks and abusesble glitches that the devs didn’t bother to ever fix.

At least the kids these days are competitive and the games these days are far more skill based than back then.

Edit:

But there is one thing you’re right about. Death in PvE meant something back then. I’d forgotten how crappy it was to lose a day’s worth of XP due to dying in PvE.. and how frustrated I’d be if that death was because my crappy DSL connection spiked and I “ghosted” into a mob camp and aggrod them and died before the connection resumed. Do not miss that.

But I do miss the PvP deaths.Back then, killing a PvP opponent actually meant something. Spawn camping was possible in most games, and many allowed you to loot their corpse. At the very least, their armor would break. This generation of games? Nah, they just come right back. “Griefing” does not mean the same thing to this generation as it did to people who played AC, UO, runescape, shadowbane, and even the open world PvP servers in DAoC and WoW.
    Edited by Thogard on April 26, 2018 8:29AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want perma-death, you can easily do that. If you die one time, then delete your character....

• Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go play Minesweeper if you want a challenge.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

I agree with OP, game has become to easy from what it used to be.

Reason behind this is that all hardcore MMO players left pretty early due to 0 endgame content, as it didnt have raids at release. ESO were stuck with casuals complaining game was to hard, so Zenimax decided to nerf difficulty overall. It was a time where tank had to constantly hold block, and stack block reduction + regain to survive, because he could take 1 hit max before dying, and all other roles instant died from monsters if they had agro.

So zenimax had to make the game easy, nerf overall difficulty, and level scale content. Kinda sad, but thats how it is. These days I play ESO to play casualy, as it is no effort to become a top tier player, and I play other games if I want to be hardcore and acutally get a challenge. They will never change back to hardercontent, since their overall player population can't handle it. :disappointed:
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 26, 2018 1:48PM
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)