Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Im a lone wolf raised in a hard core family, my place is no longer a place :(

• funguy
    funguy
    ✭✭
    Permo Death....
    Hardcore playing...
    Open World PvP...
    Go play CS....or something.
    This Game is about story... lore... pretty maps and quests...
    PvP and Endgame trials not in TES...

Back then when i was 20+ and i had time and will to play "hardcore" maybe i would agree with ya.
    But now after i back from work day i prefer casual activity to relax.
    This it MMORPG not just MMO
    And RPG is Role Playing Game - To do quest read alot about lore and RP its all what it made for...
    All yours crying that the game is to simple just ruin our game we love...
    All bad updates in this game made coz of PvP and Hardcore...
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are funny and also suck. It's just his opinion. I'm sure he knows he can just go play dark souls. Maybe he likes The Elder Scroll series.

Midknight I've been trying to get my partner to play the game. He's getting bored of it and I've assured him there is more difficult content.

I took him to Craglorn and we actually loved the group questing content.

You ought to give that a shot for solo'ing m. But just an FYI developers wanted this game to be accessible to everyone from noob to dedicated player.
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why no real life death, that way there would be so much more excitement. Imagine the thrill when you random vet and hope that your new team is capable. Or trying new world bosses and hope that you and your partners are enough.

Oh and the PVP finally there would be a real winner faction. Duels would be also good, and the achievement for 100 duel could not be cheated by doing it with the same person.

And best when you have lag you can call your internet service and tell them fix it because your life depends on it
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »
    Why no real life death, that way there would be so much more excitement. Imagine the thrill when you random vet and hope that your new team is capable. Or trying new world bosses and hope that you and your partners are enough.

Oh and the PVP finally there would be a real winner faction. Duels would be also good, and the achievement for 100 duel could not be cheated by doing it with the same person.

And best when you have lag you can call your internet service and tell them fix it because your life depends on it

Not. A. Chance. Now, I've no objection to a "mode" or "toggle" so that others can play that way but I've utterly no interest. I get enough thrills in RL. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    God damm kids these days, after killing the diamond industry they're gonna kill the fun in games
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why stop at perma-death.

Make it where your entire account is deleted upon death.

That would ensure you can't just pour the resources you already have into a new toon.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, PvP here is rather challenging :D
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and did I mention PERMADEATH? My god that would be great if this game was a perm death game. GOD YES.

I bet you were a Diablo 2 Hardcore player :smiley: good times, good times
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, changes that I would like to see never go over well with today's youth. I prefer games to be very hard and combat to be extremely involved. I dont like killing trash mobs in 3 hits or world bosses in less than 3 minutes solo. I dont like being unkillable less faced against a mechanic impossible to surpass alone. I want damage output nerfed to the ground and resources very hard to manage. I would like to die a lot more. I literally never die unless im being side tracked and literally walk away from the keyboard to get a coffee in the midst of a boss fight.
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Why dont you do Maelstrom arena or veteran trials in hard mode? Overland content is for casual and new players for the most part.
    Because I dont want to do content just for the sake of doing it
    VMA is simple and can be done with one hand and eyes closed

giphy.gif
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 26, 2018 11:38AM
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and did I mention PERMADEATH? My god that would be great if this game was a perm death game. GOD YES.

Permadeath is easily obtained in this game. Die, click delete.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    My version of ESO, we play on a server called: Not for Milk-drinkers. It is a Hard-core Pvp server where your enemy is your enemy and not a friend. if a member of AD and you are in Daggerfall, your are hidden as you are the enemy in enemy zone about to steal something of high value from palace, you have stolen item, now you gotta make it back to quest-giver in Elden Root without being spotted by any DC or even EP players to get your 10k payout for stolen item. When in enemy zones-you can not fast-travel.
    Edited by neverwalk on April 26, 2018 11:59AM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    you can not fast-travel

How do you get around then if you never walk? :trollface:
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 26, 2018 12:09PM
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who did PvP in the so called 'golden era' and griefed people galore as a world PvPer - you can only look at what we have today and laugh.

Its amazing that people think you can be 'top tier' in these modern casual mmo's. They are built for babbling idiots. The people who used to die before even getting a skill off in games like Aion or before hand.

People talk about the 'difficulty' of this 'better' more 'skilled' action combat and it leaves me a little wide eyed in horror.

Sure tab target games were a different beast but I'd be regularly juggling 30 keybinds, that required reactionary twitch reflexes or you'd be downed faster than a CP1k nightblade unloading on a pre-scaling lvl 1 mudcrab.

If people think there is any 'skill' involved here, when some builds had THREE toggles (magelight, bound armor and perhaps a summon) leaving only two (four total) usable skills on weapon swap.....I mean really? ESO is just a button mash at best. For people who used to juggle so much in pvp (speed+number of abilities) this game is so beyond dumbed down its hilarious honestly.

But that rant aside; this just isn't a game for us anymore as people have suggested. Dare I say it at times, even a genre.

It reflects on culture at large. The self entitlement, lack of patience and anti-social attitude. Not everyone conforms neatly into such a box but when we talk 'generaliztion' those who gamed in the old days will know what I mean.

Questing might not have been so advanced, the demographic might have been very different - but gameplay was engaging. What you have in ESO is essentially what Matt Firor described. A place where retaining players long term like MMO's used to isnt the point. People drop in and out like a lobby game.

Which is sadly what many things have become.

I prefer a very steep difficulty curve and whilst people like to hark on about the cons of 'grind'; it was actually because things took so long that people slowed down. That they made long lasting guilds and saw no point in rushing - because you couldnt.

People don't want that any more fine. But don't look down upon us being different as if it wasnt fun, because it was.

A damn sight more FUN to US that whatever you call these casual abominations today.

In the end that post calling out 'pve' as the casual of old, made me laugh. I did use to feel that way for a time. PvPers were a type of people, extrovert perhaps. However deep down we all knew that every element of the game had its place in making the world feel worth being part of.

Games picked up on that but in the end; forgetting the old ways has also had a cost. The old games may have lacked a lot but they had some spirit. Something ESO severely lacks.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    OP, you won't get much appreciation.

Those with a true challenge and achievement based mindset were the early 2000 MMO players.

Nowadays all you get are Farmville soft-skins who could not bear to die twice in a row and could not stand breathing without massive rewards for such heroic action.

Speaking as an early 2000s MMO player, I can’t help but laugh at this.

Being a PvE person back then was synonymous with being a casual. Open world PvP was the regular / expected server mode and not the niche that it’s become. “Achievements” as we know them now DID NOT EXIST.

Don’t call these millennials “soft skins” if you’re part of the same crowd that would send an “RPK” like me hate messages for camping the best grind spots.

Ugh. Coop servers were a thing. Gross. That’s where the casuals went to farm the boring hour long bosses that didn’t have mechanics, just time sinks and abusesble glitches that the devs didn’t bother to ever fix.

At least the kids these days are competitive and the games these days are far more skill based than back then.

Edit:

But there is one thing you’re right about. Death in PvE meant something back then. I’d forgotten how crappy it was to lose a day’s worth of XP due to dying in PvE.. and how frustrated I’d be if that death was because my crappy DSL connection spiked and I “ghosted” into a mob camp and aggrod them and died before the connection resumed. Do not miss that.

But I do miss the PvP deaths.Back then, killing a PvP opponent actually meant something. Spawn camping was possible in most games, and many allowed you to loot their corpse. At the very least, their armor would break. This generation of games? Nah, they just come right back. “Griefing” does not mean the same thing to this generation as it did to people who played AC, UO, runescape, shadowbane, and even the open world PvP servers in DAoC and WoW.

Those were the days

I used to love the fact you could kill each other anywhere or even steal each other

People would actually lose something, when dieing

nowaydays people cry when they lose half the telvar from their inventory :/
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "...hard core family..."

WTH??!!! :D
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont you do Maelstrom arena or veteran trials in hard mode? Overland content is for casual and new players for the most part.

Because I dont want to do content just for the sake of doing it. I would like rewards that I would use for completing said content. I do not want any of the trial gear so there is literally no reason to complete it. VMA is simple and can be done with one hand and eyes closed, on top of that, I dont want any of the rewards offered there as well.

I would love ZOS to give us more motifs, pets, and mounts as potential but very rare rewards for vet dungeon/trial boss drops.

Imagine there is a chance to even have a crown crate drop off vet bosses and trial bosses. That alone would make me want to do it.

that's a pretty big claim lets see you do it, make and post a video on youtube to prove that it can be done.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several comments that were baiting and combative. This is a friendly reminder that these types of posts aren't permitted as outlined in our forum rules. Everyone is free to have their own opinions as long as they are expressed in a constructive way. Please stay on topic and avoid using personal insults. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ilikepickles
    ilikepickles
    ✭✭✭
    That "golden age" died off for a reason, and good riddance.

As much as I loved the world pvp, I'd never ever want to go back to hours of mindless grinding on vanilla mobs for a week just for a couple levels. I'm also not gonna pretend that any of the challenge was anything other than shallow mechanics propped up by a massive grindwall.

The pain of losing XP was because I spent a week getting there.

It'd serve well to take off your rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those with a true challenge and achievement based mindset were the early 2000 MMO players.

Nowadays all you get are Farmville soft-skins who could not bear to die twice in a row and could not stand breathing without massive rewards for such heroic action.
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Its one of the hardest single player content in the MMO genre. If you felt it was that easy first time u did it i can safely say you wont find any game or content anywhere that fits your standard. You are simply to good and play on a level way above anyone else.

To be honest, the only challenging part of vMA is the third aka last phase of the last boss. However doing a flaweless run is indeed a big challenge, because there are some RNG based factors (for example, the infamous Poison flowers level) that can really screw you over even if you do no mistake.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Speaking as an early 2000s MMO player, I can’t help but laugh at this.

Being a PvE person back then was synonymous with being a casual. Open world PvP was the regular / expected server mode and not the niche that it’s become. “Achievements” as we know them now DID NOT EXIST.

Don’t call these millennials “soft skins” if you’re part of the same crowd that would send an “RPK” like me hate messages for camping the best grind spots.

Ugh. Coop servers were a thing. Gross. That’s where the casuals went to farm the boring hour long bosses that didn’t have mechanics, just time sinks and abusesble glitches that the devs didn’t bother to ever fix.

At least the kids these days are competitive and the games these days are far more skill based than back then.

Edit:

But there is one thing you’re right about. Death in PvE meant something back then. I’d forgotten how crappy it was to lose a day’s worth of XP due to dying in PvE.. and how frustrated I’d be if that death was because my crappy DSL connection spiked and I “ghosted” into a mob camp and aggrod them and died before the connection resumed. Do not miss that.

But I do miss the PvP deaths.Back then, killing a PvP opponent actually meant something. Spawn camping was possible in most games, and many allowed you to loot their corpse. At the very least, their armor would break. This generation of games? Nah, they just come right back. “Griefing” does not mean the same thing to this generation as it did to people who played AC, UO, runescape, shadowbane, and even the open world PvP servers in DAoC and WoW.

I played early EvE Online, DAoC, Warhammer Online and... worse (some very very nasty niche PvP games where you could be looted of your gear). I loved outworld PvP, Warhammer did it very well because it felt so "natural" with PvE quests that were "PvP aware". I've never camped anyone though, as I always played "mage", a class that is bad suited for gank'n'camp playstyle and was more of a group based class.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will disagree with the scale of difficulty not to my liking but I will totally agree on the mechanics that force you to play a certain way and rewards need a huge overhaul. They so suck in this game.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original NES Ninja Gaiden for the win....die 9 times(3 lives, 2 continues) and you have to start the game from the beggining, THAT game was difficult and it was an achievement when I beat it the first time...so easy to be knocked into some pit or another while jumping from platform to platform.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different strokes for different folks. A lot of people would agree with you, OP, but there would also be a lot that would hesitate to narrow the appeal of ESO. What I would appreciate is some kind of difficulty slider - to allow everyone to play at their skill level. I'm sure some would take advantage of such as system, but then those with titles and rewards for playing on the hardest difficulty would just feel that much better for being able to show off their skill relative to the players who got stuff the easy way. As an added benefit, all players would be able to experience the breadth of ESO's content, instead of some players skipping out on endgame activities because they consider them too difficult. It may also allow players to ease themselves into a certain activity, instead of providing a barrier to entry we currently have for some players.

But without such a system, we're stuck with a balancing act of try not to be too boring for skilled players, but also try not to be too hard for less skilled players and frustrating them. I feel like Zenimax has struck a decent enough balance, if with a steep curve at endgame, all things considered.

If nothing else, perhaps ZOS could add something like Runescape's iron man mode (or like a survival mode in other games), a mode you can choose to take part in or not that makes you delete your character if you die just once. Of course, you'd be able to get things other players wouldn't in this mode, but even with the relatively low difficulty of the game, you would have a much more intense play experience, and probably play a lot differently. Just imagine someone who went through vet trials and became emperor in a mode where you are not allowed to die even once - now that's prestige. Of course, if nothing else, you can challenge yourself like this if you're getting bored with ESO's ease, even without an official mode implemented, like players do with nuzlocke runs in pokemon, or like I do in Fable (the game is still easier than buttering toast, but it makes intense fights less trivial).
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Sagz
    Sagz
    ✭✭

Nice and all, but really just give me open world pvp, and if you die you can get looted. Done and I am happy.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should mention, the key to any suggestions in this thread is making them optional. Mandatory permadeath mode would make me quit the game, without question, and I've been a huge supporter since PC beta.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seek challenge? Be creative, there are many ways to go about things.

Just like mentioned before, the phenomenon of "achievements" is quite new and I think it's because most people have lost their imagination. So they need to be presented with something to be actually proud of, because it comes with a flashy display.

The same applies to what most call "reward". Well, if it is too easy, maybe you try some plain, non upgraded gear without traits, or whatever you can come up with and have some fun. :smile:

Oh and concerning "perma death", there is an option in your character menu to do that manually.
    Edited by Kelces on April 26, 2018 5:08PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, changes that I would like to see never go over well with today's youth. I prefer games to be very hard and combat to be extremely involved. I dont like killing trash mobs in 3 hits or world bosses in less than 3 minutes solo. I dont like being unkillable less faced against a mechanic impossible to surpass alone. I want damage output nerfed to the ground and resources very hard to manage. I would like to die a lot more. I literally never die unless im being side tracked and literally walk away from the keyboard to get a coffee in the midst of a boss fight.

So you want content to be hard...

Because I dont want to do content just for the sake of doing it. I would like rewards that I would use for completing said content. I do not want any of the trial gear so there is literally no reason to complete it.

...but you don't want to do the hard content.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am an advocate for harder content, but this game is an MMO.

It needs to cater to a wider audience.

"Hard solo content" is too specific. Again, this is an MMO.

You have veteran Maelstrom Arena.
    Go do flawless.
    Then do Flawless without Synergies for better score. Master it.

When you get bored, move on to some single player games, you can't expect an MMO to cater to lone wolves.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. No it wouldn't.

In fact MMO's that have tried these concepts died instantly. Like within a year of release. Look up 'wizardry'

This is exactly what we dont need.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 26, 2018 5:41PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who did PvP in the so called 'golden era' and griefed people galore as a world PvPer - you can only look at what we have today and laugh.

Its amazing that people think you can be 'top tier' in these modern casual mmo's. They are built for babbling idiots. The people who used to die before even getting a skill off in games like Aion or before hand.

People talk about the 'difficulty' of this 'better' more 'skilled' action combat and it leaves me a little wide eyed in horror.

Sure tab target games were a different beast but I'd be regularly juggling 30 keybinds, that required reactionary twitch reflexes or you'd be downed faster than a CP1k nightblade unloading on a pre-scaling lvl 1 mudcrab.

If people think there is any 'skill' involved here, when some builds had THREE toggles (magelight, bound armor and perhaps a summon) leaving only two (four total) usable skills on weapon swap.....I mean really? ESO is just a button mash at best. For people who used to juggle so much in pvp (speed+number of abilities) this game is so beyond dumbed down its hilarious honestly.

But that rant aside; this just isn't a game for us anymore as people have suggested. Dare I say it at times, even a genre.

It reflects on culture at large. The self entitlement, lack of patience and anti-social attitude. Not everyone conforms neatly into such a box but when we talk 'generaliztion' those who gamed in the old days will know what I mean.

Questing might not have been so advanced, the demographic might have been very different - but gameplay was engaging. What you have in ESO is essentially what Matt Firor described. A place where retaining players long term like MMO's used to isnt the point. People drop in and out like a lobby game.

Which is sadly what many things have become.

I prefer a very steep difficulty curve and whilst people like to hark on about the cons of 'grind'; it was actually because things took so long that people slowed down. That they made long lasting guilds and saw no point in rushing - because you couldnt.

People don't want that any more fine. But don't look down upon us being different as if it wasnt fun, because it was.

A damn sight more FUN to US that whatever you call these casual abominations today.

In the end that post calling out 'pve' as the casual of old, made me laugh. I did use to feel that way for a time. PvPers were a type of people, extrovert perhaps. However deep down we all knew that every element of the game had its place in making the world feel worth being part of.

Games picked up on that but in the end; forgetting the old ways has also had a cost. The old games may have lacked a lot but they had some spirit. Something ESO severely lacks.

You seem like you should be somewhere else instead of complaining on a forum like this. by all means, go to one of these games you think embodies what apparently we philistines lack appreciation for.

...But the brutal truth is, buddy? I play games for fun. And I dont need your approval for that. Be horrified all you want.

Also, I dont look down on you because I think it wasn't fun. I look down on you because you A, griefed, showing you are definately the sort of person I should look down on, and B, because you treat us like wailing spoilt children for having an opinion you dislike. You walked in here openly hostile and mocking of our tastes. You expect what reaction, exactly?
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 26, 2018 5:46PM