The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think the grind to max cp should be faster or as it is?

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it is, you are not allowed to max cp till you grind enough
    Grinding is a personal choice, and totally unnecessary. Just play the game and the rest will take care of itself.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Grinding CP is total BS when you go past 160. You should L2P instead. I've seen many terrible players at max CP because they did the former instead of the latter. And even for people who switched platform/server it's pretty quick. They can get 500+ in a couple of months even if they don't grind. I have a guy in my guild who switched from PS4 and got to 720 in only a month, grinding. But I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, since it was probably harrowing. I'm well past the cap, and I gain CP faster than they are added in the game, without even grinding. I just play steadily.
    Edited by Asardes on April 26, 2018 10:02AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly I think it’s fine the way it is. As others have said already if you just play the game and don’t bother grinding you surprise yourself how quick it is to get there. I’m 890 now and I can honestly say I haven’t grinded CP once. I’ve just played the game.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Should take longer - no xp for npcs, just for quests... :D
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should take longer so you scrubs learn how to play your toon.

This.
    it is so dreadful to go into normal vet dungeons and see 720 dolmen grinders who have no skill and don't even know mecs
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    A guy in my guild went from 0 to max cp in two weeks recently. It is absolutely fine.

Are you sure he wasn't an already max cp player lvling his alt?
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started a new virgin account and I can tell you if you did this you would sing a completely different tune.

No kidding. I can tell a lot of people here haven't practiced what they preach. I just started an alternate account 7 weeks ago, and I'm just now hitting the current cap. I'm probably going to keep grinding until I hit 750, so I'm ready for Summerset.

Let me put it this way, until you've started the journey to CP cap FROM SCRATCH, you don't know WTF you're talking about. It's a soul crushing grind that old timers never fully experienced because we accumulated XP as the game itself grew. I used to scold newbies for complaining about the CP grind.... Not anymore!

Yes leveling a second account is tedious, but I don't see how you can compare that to first time experience. You've already done loads of the content and you want to quickly go back to where you were on your first account and do the same things you were doing. That is not true for new players who will enjoy most stuff they come across.

I swapped from NA to EU around a year ago and honestly just by knowing what I was doing I was so much quicker that it didn't bother me at all. Only time I grinded was from 100 to 160 CP as I hated getting worthless gear.

Besides that unless you plan to go for leaderboard runs or competitive PvP you don't ever need max CP. So if you feel like you really need that it's a restriction you put on yourself.

There have been a bunch of threads like these over the last few days and pretty much all people that complain are people that made second accounts or people that had to move platforms. The issue isn't the CP grind, but the lack of multiple platform accounts and server transfers.
    Edited by NupidStoob on April 26, 2018 9:14AM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not about grinding though, it really goes up fast even at the highest levels, just play the game normally and it will come no need to grind
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started a new virgin account and I can tell you if you did this you would sing a completely different tune.

No kidding. I can tell a lot of people here haven't practiced what they preach. I just started an alternate account 7 weeks ago, and I'm just now hitting the current cap. I'm probably going to keep grinding until I hit 750, so I'm ready for Summerset.

Let me put it this way, until you've started the journey to CP cap FROM SCRATCH, you don't know WTF you're talking about. It's a soul crushing grind that old timers never fully experienced because we accumulated XP as the game itself grew. I used to scold newbies for complaining about the CP grind.... Not anymore!

It depends entirely on your approach to the game. I have a second account and don't have any complaints at all about the leveling process - why even have a second account if you don't want to play it normally? I love the whole concept of starting afresh in a MMORPG and have often switched servers in other games so as to start over from scratch again.

My main issue with CPs is that they're account-wide, I'd far rather my characters accumulated them individually - but I recognise that this is a minority view!
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grinding is the best way too burn out and hate the game.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy as it is. I haven't yet reached 720, but it hasnt felt like a grind so far. then again, I haven't been trying to rush to get to 720, just been enjoying the content.
    Edited by dan958 on April 26, 2018 9:48AM
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Can't say as I have no experience of not having any other than things taking a little longer to kill if decide to not use them. Fortunately my main did a lot of pve growing up and am relieved to no end I don't have that to worry about CP.
    Maybe they need to slow post cap gains some and leave below cap alone.

edit. don't want to cause a riot.

Edited by Goshua on April 26, 2018 9:52AM
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    Took me a year to level to 720 still feel like a noob. But it's hardly a grind.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    It needs to take longer, cp xp is to quick now.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

Spot on.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

I have a 2nd account and don't complain. Idk why anyone would make a fresh account then complain that they had a fresh account.

Not complaining, just pointing out the reality to those that think it is a trivial task to reach soft cap especially now that the soft cap is getting so high. Enlightenment helps, but needs increased.
    I have a hard time getting friends from other games to play ESO because of it.
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 26, 2018 12:15PM
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's fine as is. You don't need max CP to be able to play the game, guys. You can do all of PVE endgame, and do it well I might add, with 300-400 CP.

Beyond that it's all pretty much frosting on the cake. Nobody is making you grind for it. Not to mention the sheer amount of XP boosters that exist nowadays anyways......
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll AGAIN.

It's fine as is, and is not a grind. People that grind have no fun and complain about grinding.

Play the game as intended. Enjoy it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faster, should be max cp after all dungeons done, so no skyreach grind needed
    Imo, by the time you reach cp160 you should have played all dungeons already, and all skill lines levelled up to max, so what’s the rest? So cp 160 to 720 would just be repeating the same dungeons every single day till you reach max cp for end game trial, that’s way too boring. The enlightenment should be extended all the way to max cp at least.
    Pc na
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Faster
    If I am able to conservatively achieve 1 Champion Point per day and need another 150 to hit 750 around the time the limit goes up again.

That simplifies to 150 days or about 5 months. Still it is what it is. It takes 6 months at a minimum to fully complete horse training on a character. Probably a year or more to research all traits.

It would be nice to join club max CP but the truth is it will not mean anything about me being a good player. It just means I have been grinding towards it for a long time.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I am at CP1037. I did not grind one bit for any of it. I just played the damn game. CP comes fast enough as it is
    Beta tester November 2013
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No need to grind cp. I can understand grinding to lvl 50 before you reach cap and maybe up to cp160. Otherwise enjoy the game and learn your builds. I rather play with low levels who try and adapt rather than someone who thinks we all just judge on the number of cp.

I reached cp cap after 6 months and never pushed for it. cap was lower back then but you catch up faster these days.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faster
    I can't wait to see if everyone that is saying that it should be a grind will keep that opinion when the Jewelry Crafting and Pjsic Skill line ultimate grind comes when Summerset hits.

It is easy to wish extreme hard work to others once you yourself have already done it.

Just check reddit and these very same forums to see how "easy" it is to do trials and dungeons without max cap CP.

I said on the other topic on this subject and will say again: the path to cap is getting way too big right now and is increasing at a very high rate with the 4x CP increase every year. This will make A LOT of players quit or give up before hitting the cap.

Every MMO needs to adjust to accomodate late starters to stay healthy and I, personally, think ESO needs some adjusting in that regard.

And this is coming from someone who already grinded to VR levels, then CP cap, and is starting a second account on PC.

When I grinded to CP 531 it took me way less time than it will definitely take to grind to 720/750 now.

• yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I left when they stopped allowing me to level up after 50 account wide. Came back recently because I love Tamriel but I wish we could option whether to level faster , and I wish I didn't auto level to account max after 50. The structure is there. Let us choose. They even level me faster as a reward for subbing. Jeez. Why did you ruin my fun. For me it is in getting there. Arrival is for those losers you see in popular towns using special effects and mumbling "I used to be a contender, until I hit CP max". No seriously, they want it, I don't. Open Tamriel was great, but it actually reduced much of my playability.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it should take longer so you scrubs learn how to play your toon.

This!

Exactly this!

It is a d*ck move to grind out champ points and then show up in vet content without understanding red aoe or which skills do the better damage.
    Xbox NA
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll is biased
  • IndianaGeoff
    IndianaGeoff
    ✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

Word.

I have ground many games. Every time I start a grind in this game, I get sick of it quickly and stop. So I'll just play the game and hit 750 when I hit 750. I am happy with the advancement. You get a few points every night, even if you just run some dailies. Progress matters and I have been in games where you put in a full evening and have nothing to show for it.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

hmmm..

Account 1: 790cp
    Account 2: 430cp
    Account 3: 395cp
    Account 4: 200cp
    Account 5: 190cp
    Account 6: 63cp
    Account 7: 0 cp

I also have an account on EU server with no CP but I almost have all my crafting skills maxed. :)~

If I created another account, I wouldn't worry about CP. Once I hit level 50, I would work on getting to 160CP for gear and then just do normal pledges until I get around 300 cp. I think the secret is don't worry about being maxed. There is plenty of stuff to do that doesn't require maxed CP.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Slower, I feel like they hand them out like candy
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Faster, should be max cp after all dungeons done, so no skyreach grind needed
    You should be able to buy max cp with crowns.