The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think the grind to max cp should be faster or as it is?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Pc na

Do you think the grind to max cp should be faster or as it is? 222 votes

As it is, you are not allowed to max cp till you grind enough
50%
NestorStorm_knight22lordspyderDoctor_Zeussmattc9306b14a_ESOMongooseOneInklingsJarndyceArobainGreevirwenchmore420b14_ESOKendaricaubrey.baconb16_ESOYakidafidennissomb16_ESOstatic_rechargeSheezabeastKaaldeinTugitoolbottleofsyrup 112 votes
Faster
16%
killingspreeb16_ESOSeptimus_MagnaZoltan_117falcasternub18_ESOAhPook_Is_HereThyIronFistKarraxxToRelaxZordrageRomoAyochkaNemeliomMedakonEmma_OverloadXenofexSpoticusmb10The_ProtagonistDasovaruilosReact 37 votes
Faster, should be max cp after all dungeons done, so no skyreach grind needed
2%
TheHsNakl77ShadowMonarchCharliff1966Anomanderake 5 votes
Other
30%
driosketchashenehb14_ESONewBlacksmurfGythraljedtb16_ESOSkworAzraelKrieghondelinkGraydonLonestryderyiasemianothermeStreegaIluvrienWildWilburOzstrykerDMuehlhausenNovaMarxVictusAlnilamE 68 votes
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it should take longer so you scrubs learn how to play your toon.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    longer grind, i'm at cp 1002, didn't even realize that i was at 1,000 cp
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Slower. It's about the journey.

You don't like grinding to max CP? Then don't grind.
    You say that you can't take part in end-game until you have max CP? Then what you want is a permanent PTS with templates not an MMORPG... and especially not this MMORPG. ESO is the most easily identifiable example of a story/experience focussed MMORPG that I have encountered since Myst Online: Uru Live (and that game has no combat).
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    You just had nearly a month straight of double XP rewards. Quit crying. Just do a random daily on each of your characters and see how quickly the CP rack up.
    I want spell crafting.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started a new virgin account and I can tell you if you did this you would sing a completely different tune.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice biased poll options, doesn't seem to be working for you though.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Meh. I'll get there when I get there.

Until then, I'll keep doing my quests.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If you had said "should be max CP when you get all veteran achievements done" you might have gotten more sympathy.

Normal dungeons are easy.

Also, "Max CP" is still 3600 and I don't think anyone is close to that yet.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP grind is probably the most overrated concept in the game.

There's no requirement to grind to the cap ... only players put that on themselves.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Anything but faster.Its fine or it could be slower. I mean its not like CP is really useful past 400-500 anyway. The returns are so tiny you dont actually get much stronger.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faster, should be max cp after all dungeons done, so no skyreach grind needed
    56days 22hours, 32minutes on my main character.
    Been playing sense beta.

628cp!
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 26, 2018 1:39AM
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I am at max CP and I did zero grinding, k?
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    In almost 5 years... I've never had to grind for gear... There are things such as Guild stores, and Guild vendors, and Guild banks that I can get mats and craft my own...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. I think they should get rid of the system entirely and add an actual progression system.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm coming up on 600 now.
    I'd have to say it seems pretty decent as it is. It's not happening overnight & it's not impossible to grind out some levels, making progress towards 700+. To think only like a year ago I was 160 or somewhere around there :/

It's decent enough that I'm not very worried about the additional increase to 750 which is coming with Summerset.
    It's nearly perfect? That's my opinion.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At 760 or so, never grinded anything, just played the game on multiple characters.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy in my guild went from 0 to max cp in two weeks recently. It is absolutely fine.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly 1000 cp...I rather have different form of progression.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me over 1000 hours to hit the cap. But I just played the game. It's pretty grueling if you try to grind it out.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 26, 2018 5:15AM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Other:

The grind to 250 CP should be fast. It should slow down to 300. Remain steady to about 30 points pre-max CP. The last 30 points should be a nice grind.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The rate of progress is fine I believe, but..... we should have to grind to 160 on our alt's before we receive all our max characters cp's! As it stands all gear, mats, potions and food are pointless after lvl 50.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I wish crownstore items and CP were bound to your GT. So they transfer server, I love to play on the other server but the cap is hugh when you start over.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faster
    I recently started a new virgin account and I can tell you if you did this you would sing a completely different tune.

No kidding. I can tell a lot of people here haven't practiced what they preach. I just started an alternate account 7 weeks ago, and I'm just now hitting the current cap. I'm probably going to keep grinding until I hit 750, so I'm ready for Summerset.

Let me put it this way, until you've started the journey to CP cap FROM SCRATCH, you don't know WTF you're talking about. It's a soul crushing grind that old timers never fully experienced because we accumulated XP as the game itself grew. I used to scold newbies for complaining about the CP grind.... Not anymore!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Slower. It's about the journey.

You don't like grinding to max CP? Then don't grind.
    You say that you can't take part in end-game until you have max CP? Then what you want is a permanent PTS with templates not an MMORPG... and especially not this MMORPG. ESO is the most easily identifiable example of a story/experience focussed MMORPG that I have encountered since Myst Online: Uru Live (and that game has no combat).

I agree, However, as soon as "end content" is in reach, people suddenly don't follow that motto. Then suddenly they are exhausted and it can't get fast enough. :lol:
    Edited by Kelces on April 26, 2018 7:39AM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Move along

748.gif

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started playing 6 months ago and I'm above 500CP without even trying to grind.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    56days 22hours, 32minutes on my main character.
    Been playing sense beta.

628cp!

77 days on my main on NA and I came back when CWC dropped, from EU after 2 years - had 220 when I came back and have over 760 now.

I have 700+ On EU too.

Perhaps it's you that needs to be a tad faster. If you want to that is! No need to unless you want to.

If you mainly PVP I think it takes much longer.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No kidding. I can tell a lot of people here haven't practiced what they preach. I just started an alternate account 7 weeks ago, and I'm just now hitting the current cap. I'm probably going to keep grinding until I hit 750, so I'm ready for Summerset.

Let me put it this way, until you've started the journey to CP cap FROM SCRATCH, you don't know WTF you're talking about. It's a soul crushing grind that old timers never fully experienced because we accumulated XP as the game itself grew. I used to scold newbies for complaining about the CP grind.... Not anymore!

I have a 2nd account and don't complain. Idk why anyone would make a fresh account then complain that they had a fresh account.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to max CP long before i even knew what skyreach was. My strategy is called questing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its so easy tho
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º