The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in-game?

• N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me over 2 years of playing to realize there was a "buy multiple" option on siege vendors.

Previously, I clicked 100 times to buy 100 repair kits.

Wow
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust players in my friend list.
    (i.e. suppose that they're always honest and nice persons).
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on April 26, 2018 12:52PM
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    So many dumb things xD But the best was at the beginning of the game, in the tutorial. When you defeat your 1rst mini boss and the Prophet summon the portal to escape Coldharbour Prision, you must wait to be teleported right? Well, this fluffy khajiit was so excited to play the game that jump off right to the big hole and die. 10/10 best start of a game ever.

That could occasionally happen even when done right, especially to AD characters who were dropped into that tower on Kenarthi's Roost.

Yup, has happened to me twice. Big ol' SPLAT.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fjorynn wrote: »
    I tried to make a viable mag warden PvE build

Y'know, I keep seeing this and wondering about it. I'm having no trouble at all or so you mean end-game stuff? If so, not there with any of 'em yet. But for leveling, I find my MagWardens easy to play.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After dismantling the slaver operation in Seyda Neen I spoke to a npc.

They said: "I bet you can't get within 5000 metres of Red Mountain."

I said: "I bet my soul I can!"

Later that day I woke up in Coldharbour...
    PS5 EU.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Was trapped in Cyrodiil for days because I didn't know how to port out

2. Sieged a gate. Not a gate KEEP but the actual GATE

3. Accidentally posted a tempering alloy for 10G in my trader

4. Used an ice staff heavy attack on the first boss of VMOL as a DPS (right after the update and was my only vma staff at the time)

5. Spent a stupid amount of money to get the Frost Drugar Senche mount in the Reaper Crates. Totally regret that and wont do it again

Edited by Kuramas9tails on April 26, 2018 1:08PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • yiasemi
      yiasemi
      ✭✭✭✭
      First few months it was merciless. I got owned by those hostile mudcrabs near Kragenmoor. I was a stamblade which meant for the first year in many places I followed guys fighting in their dressing gowns with a stick who had a mate who was a daedra to get from A to B without dying. I tried to shadow cloak so they couldn't see my shame. I chose skills cos they sounded cool. I role-played. I chose equipment that looked cool. I even played only Nord Nightblades. I started again after about a year and started checking out other players builds. I now can clean out dolmens by myself. But I miss being crap.
    • heaven13
      heaven13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      It took me over 2 years of playing to realize there was a "buy multiple" option on siege vendors.

There is???
      PC/NA
      Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
      Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
      Meet my characters :
      IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    • heaven13
      heaven13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Cliffs, definitely yes.

Not the dumbest, but I still cringe when I drop my ult on crafting tables/writ turn ins.

Accidentally reading the final page of a motif my crafter needs, but on my main

Opening a master writ that required 8 traits for a piece I only had 6 in because I didn't check the set requirements first. Was worth a good amount so it just sat in my journal and the ones I could have done piled up in inventory.

Going into Cyrodiil without realizing you had to purchase your own siege. So I ran over and was firing someone else's until I got a really exasperated "stop using my ****" whisper. I felt SO bad.
      PC/NA
      Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
      Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
      Meet my characters :
      IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    • Iselin
      Iselin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I once had a master writ for an epic 2HD, nirnhoned, Orc sword. For some reason even though I read epic, I made it legendary. I even /bugged it when my quest didn't advance... (my bad customer service :))

Finally realized my mistake so back I went to craft my Nord sword... yup, I did. Orc became Nord in my brain and I wasted a second attempt. At that point I just shut down the game and didn't even try to do that writ again for about a week.

Finally got it right on my 3rd try.
    • Hallothiel
      Hallothiel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Someone told you off for using their seige stuff?! Meanie! Sometimes have to back off as need to heal / purge & have never minded if someone nips on & contines the fight. Need people to man the machines sometimes - & a lot just get abandoned when proper fighting starts anyway!
    • xxthir13enxx
      xxthir13enxx
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm...I would of preferred this to me zone’n out and accidentally buy’n 50 ballista...
    • DeadlyRecluse
      DeadlyRecluse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      heaven13 wrote: »

There is???

Right click, my friend. My arthritis in my pointer finger has almost entirely disappeared now.

(IDK if there's a console option for this, but I assume there is)
      Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    • vamp_emily
      vamp_emily
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I've done a few dumb things like spending a million AP on 2 rings I already had; and also, spending over 500k AP on mats to craft Akaviri style. I did this a few times then I found out I could buy that mats for 100g in guild stores.

Edited by vamp_emily on April 26, 2018 2:34PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
      AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• crjs1
      crjs1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Spending a ridiculous amount of gold (and I have very little) on a chest piece from a guild store, thinking smuggly that I was getting a bargain only to realise after it was cp120 not 160......
    • Xuhora
      Xuhora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      doing the Blacksmith- Clothier- and Woodworker craftingdailys with 160 CP gear. Because you know, better chance of getting Masterwrits...
    • Lunerdog
      Lunerdog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I took on the Load Screen Boss, I nearly had him too, then he used his power attack and hit me with a log in screen :p
    • CaffeinatedMayhem
      CaffeinatedMayhem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Fighting a group of 3 NPCs, all 2-handers, and didn't block. All 3 used uppercut as an opening, which grounded me, then they kept knocking me around until I died. I ran out of stam trying to block and get off the ground. *

I hope no one saw that.

Edit: * on my stmblade farmer... :disappointed:
      Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on April 26, 2018 2:48PM
    • Tan9oSuccka
      Tan9oSuccka
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I deconstructed a Gold, devines, Molag Kena shoulder.

I'm still a little upset, but in fairness the list of decon items shifted on me.
      Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
      -Berj Stoneheart
    • Marginis
      Marginis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't make mistakes.

I simply have past experiences that I learned never to do ever again ever.
      @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    • MinnesotaKid
      MinnesotaKid
      ✭✭✭
      Sieged my own keep once... Took about 5 minutes before I realized that the door health wasn't going down.

It was a blue keep when I started.... honest...
      MinnesotaKid

• badmojo
      badmojo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Started playing.
      [DC/NA]
    • Tan9oSuccka
      Tan9oSuccka
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Sieged my own keep once... Took about 5 minutes before I realized that the door health wasn't going down.

It was a blue keep when I started.... honest...

LMAO. I’ve done something similar.

When I first started to PVP, I was repairing the outer wall of a keep for some AP.

I didn’t know much about keeps “flagging” under duress. Yellows were on the front door the whole time I was repairing and flipped the keep.

Derp. Embarrassing :)
      Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
      -Berj Stoneheart
    • Mic1007
      Mic1007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got my first character to level 50 with only one sword in my right hand. I didn't know about Dual Wield, nor even think it could be an option. :blush:
      @Mic1007
      Champion Rank 900+
      DC/AD/EP
      PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    • Kelces
      Kelces
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Using a frost staff for DPS, before reading the tooltip of the passive effect it has with heavy attacks. "Oh, that explains the attention I got in dungeons..." I thought. :blush:

Another one was, and I mentioned this before: Using a bow with all points put into magicka. That was back in the VR days, maybe even more stupid.
      You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
      Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
      Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
      Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
      Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
      Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
      Jurupari - Argonian Warden
      Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
      PC - EU
      For the Pact!
    • Kelces
      Kelces
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lyserus wrote: »
      on the northern cliff of Greenshade (I think), I was exploring when I see this argonian dude looking north, and from there you can see Kvatch from a distance.

Then the argonian said "I'm going to try to swim there"
      So we did together.

Thennnn of course I was killed by slaughterfish midway.

And the argonian traitor was behind me, and he swim back once he saw what happened to me

I tried something similar, only trying to swim to Al'Ikr. I don't remember where I started, but the end result was the same. :grin:
      You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
      Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
      Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
      Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
      Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
      Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
      Jurupari - Argonian Warden
      Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
      PC - EU
      For the Pact!
    • IdesofMarch2
      IdesofMarch2
      ✭✭
      I was in a group once in a vet dungeon and we were all waiting to aggro the boss, I think someone was switching up their gear or something, I may or may not had a bit too many Vk Cranberrys and I think I fell asleep and my thumb moved my toon and I heard all this yelling in my headset and woke up and I aggro'd the boss and pissed everyone off because they weren't ready and we got wiped. I still feel stupid over that one.
      Runs with the A.D.
      Xbox One
      PC N/A
      Magicka Sorc
    • cyclonus11
      cyclonus11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I was harvesting survey nodes next to a cliff in Orsinium when I accidentally double-tapped and dodge-rolled off the cliff.

I have since un-mapped double-tap as a means to dodge-roll.
    • AlienatedGoat
      AlienatedGoat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      heaven13 wrote: »

There is???

Right click, my friend. My arthritis in my pointer finger has almost entirely disappeared now.

(IDK if there's a console option for this, but I assume there is)

Aah yeah, I got some good use out of this for the event.

All those style stones.
      PC-NA Goat
    • Guarlet
      Guarlet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      crjs1 wrote: »
      Spending a ridiculous amount of gold (and I have very little) on a chest piece from a guild store, thinking smuggly that I was getting a bargain only to realise after it was cp120 not 160......

God yes. I've bought a Julianos staff at quite a handsome little price before realising it was 150 rather than 160 CP. :( I think some sellers do this on purpose to take advantage of people who may not pay close attention. Lesson learned!

As for my dumbest thing, it's still ongoing.... falling off of every cliff that has ever existed in the game.
      AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU