The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in-game?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday stopped in the middle of a zerg battle to switch up my rotation...

I know that must have been one happy nightblade who noticed me staring off into space and then killed me...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too embarrased to say as it will be the dumbest thing posted.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Lol.

"Don't you have to confirm that s***?"

"No."
    PC-NA Goat
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Depositing 70k gold accidentally into a defunct guild bank. It's still sitting there...
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Lol.

"Don't you have to confirm that s***?"

"No."

I didn't get in video, but I had literally just transmuted and upgraded it too.

I basically stopped playing for a couple of weeks after that.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Died to a murcrab....

My 2nd death on my first day was to 3 mudcrabs. First death 5 minutes before that was to slaughterfish. I was off to a great start
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Golded out gear that in hindsight wasn't all that useful.

Golded level 10 item
    Though items were bound to Character instead of Account
    Made - then Deconned a Gold Kevatch Gladiator set.
    Watched outdated Youtube build and made a build that was worthless.
    Grinded IC Sewers for something like 500k Telvar and finally got Vicecannon Jewelry & weapons only to realize the buff was for crouch not stealth in general.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took one hundred plus bits of armour out of a guild bank to try on the different sets and to see what combonations would make my stats highest. This was back when martial knowledge was the go to set, so I had lots of that out of the bank.

Tried it all on, found a set I liked and then tried to put all the armour back in the guild bank... well yeah... it was now all bound.

The GM was not happy.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i created and Golded up an entire set that was the wrong CP, and then after having wore it for a while realized what happened.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleting the first character I ever made. A Khajiit stamBlade. Had all research (except Nirnhoned), tons of motifs learned, and (at the time) was a Vet 12. Why did I delete it? Because back then, stamBlades sucked. I still cry over it. Now that I think about it, this is the dumbest thing I've done in the game.

I'm depressed now.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to jump into the ocean and missed.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I was new to Cyrodiil, I assumed that resources and keeps fully flipped as soon as the flags were complete. I didn't realize there was an offensive tick so I just ran off, missing out on all the exp and AP.

Also, before anyone told me how delve buffs worked, I nuked the boss with rapid fire before everyone had a chance to get their hit. I was promptly removed from the group and chewed out by some very unhappy guild members.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Deleting the first character I ever made. A Khajiit stamBlade. Had all research (except Nirnhoned), tons of motifs learned, and (at the time) was a Vet 12. Why did I delete it? Because back then, stamBlades sucked. I still cry over it. Now that I think about it, this is the dumbest thing I've done in the game.

I'm depressed now.

:(

I've come close to deleting my NB in the past but I'd grown attached to it.

The good news is you can remake it pretty easily! Don't have to level each char through Vet lvls anymore.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Kleev
    Kleev
    ✭✭
    Streaking off the side of a keep whilst defending from a siege.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to talk to people at Bergama wayshrine in Alik'r
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Died to a murcrab....

You should always run away from mudcrabs!
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Ocean_Charlie9
    Ocean_Charlie9
    ✭✭✭
    So many dumb things xD But the best was at the beginning of the game, in the tutorial. When you defeat your 1rst mini boss and the Prophet summon the portal to escape Coldharbour Prision, you must wait to be teleported right? Well, this fluffy khajiit was so excited to play the game that jump off right to the big hole and die. 10/10 best start of a game ever.
    PC-EU
    Mufasa The Handsome-- Khajita- Templar-- Ebonheart Pact
    Cir-Cenn-- Argonian- Warden-- Aldmeri Dominion
    Wallace Highraven-- Imperial- Dragon knight-- Daggerfall Covenant

Check my stuff
    https://www.artstation.com/circenn4sons

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leraning the hardway that, when you resist arrest with a big bounty and die, it didn't vanish, but collected from your dead body (when I had small bounty I didn't noticed it).
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, everyone, it's so nice to share a chuckle at our less than stellar moments. We're sure you all bounced back in no time, and speaking of bouncing back, we've definitely run off of more cliffs than we'd like to admit.

I've fallen off a cliff unintentionally while getting surveys done a could days ago... yeah speed boost plus picking up a survey in wrothgar equals flying off the cliff >.> on a side note I have a suggestion to relocate one of the surveys because you can accidentally fly off the cliff when picking them up... Enchanting survey 3 in wrothgar >_>'
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That feeling when you craft and upgrade a full set of armour (using gold glyphs!), and then notice when you go to equip it you forgot to add traits... Also, that feeling when you’re crafting a full set of armour and only notice three pieces in that you forgot to actually select the set. *derp*
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend sent me the mats to craft a Nirnoned gold set piece in Daggerfall Covenant style, I wondered what that style looked like, so I tried it on...
    PC EU & NA
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in-game?
    I try not to do any of those.
    I suppose the dumbest thing was back when Kes was just starting, and going hunting - attacking a random crocodile on the eastern glenumbra coast, without checking further, only to realize I just picked a fight with a world boss...
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Activate the synergy during the final boss fight in vHRC HM..
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Bajatar
    Bajatar
    ✭✭✭
    Buying the crown store adept starter pack. 1-2 days later it got discounted by 50%. 500 crowns down the drain.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many dumb things xD But the best was at the beginning of the game, in the tutorial. When you defeat your 1rst mini boss and the Prophet summon the portal to escape Coldharbour Prision, you must wait to be teleported right? Well, this fluffy khajiit was so excited to play the game that jump off right to the big hole and die. 10/10 best start of a game ever.

That could occasionally happen even when done right, especially to AD characters who were dropped into that tower on Kenarthi's Roost.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bought a level 25 silks of the sun inferno staff for 100K... I was in a hurry as the sever was about to go down and I thought i saw a deal.

Still I will never buy from that trading guild ever again... because I am still a little mad.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally joined an RP guild. The guy said, "Do you know how to play your role?" I'm thinking he means, you know, like tank, DPS, healer - that kind of role. I started reading the copious guild rules - certain ranks were only aloud to wear certain things, that kind of stuff. I start thinking "What planet am I on here?" I dropped the guild.
    Not that there is anything wrong with RP. Just not my cup of tea.

Pea
    Former RPer
  • Fjorynn
    Fjorynn
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to make a viable mag warden PvE build
    I like janky builds.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me over 2 years of playing to realize there was a "buy multiple" option on siege vendors.

Previously, I clicked 100 times to buy 100 repair kits.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub