The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mounting should be available any time.. yes?

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol'd
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea for PvE but not PvP. Don't need another way for the circle/rock players to run in circles instead of fighting.
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure...have you ever tried mounting a horse while both of you are being whacked by sticks? It’s not easy I can tell you...I won’t go into details, but let’s just say never go to a kids bday costume party dressed as a piñata on a real horse....
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »

no... it's lack of calcium that's bad. milk is not the only source.

Eat MOAR CHEESE......

You know.. "Milk does the body good." Oh, by the way, to all you alcoholic nord-wannabes (ha ha).. headlines just came out on a published study that specifies a beer or alcoholic drink or more in a day actually shortens your lifespan. Well, who wants to live forever. Drink away.. just don't beat your wife, kids or neighbors and don't drive drunk.
    badmojo wrote: »
    Just what PVP doesnt need....more ability to run from a fight.

No thanks, or at least not in PVP zones.

Sure.. although I wasn't actually specifying it, I was geared towards PvE really. PvP, however.. there are quite a few peeps who seem to be experts in running away successfully, and that is without mounting up. Hey, call it what you will; strategic withdrawal or cowardice, you get to fight again, another day or die later than sooner.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Sure.. although I wasn't actually specifying it, I was geared towards PvE really. PvP, however.. there are quite a few peeps who seem to be experts in running away successfully, and that is without mounting up. Hey, call it what you will; strategic withdrawal or cowardice, you get to fight again, another day or die later than sooner.

Some people seem to be able to roll dodge forever, that doesnt mean we should change the mechanics to allow eveyone to do that on every build.

The only reason people currently run away without mounting is because of the mechanics you want removed.
    Edited by badmojo on April 18, 2018 3:12PM
    [DC/NA]
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Semi agree, annoying when a member of your group is attacking something & you can't mount :/
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    » show previous quotes

Eat MOAR CHEESE.....
    You know.. "Milk does the body good." Oh, by the way, to all you alcoholic nord-wannabes (ha ha).. headlines just came out on a published study that specifies a beer or alcoholic drink or more in a day actually shortens your lifespan. Well, who wants to live forever. Drink away.. just don't beat your wife, kids or neighbors and don't drive drunk.

COMPROMISE.... White Russians (not rushins... that's another subject entirely...) and CHEESE for everyone....
    Edited by Sting864 on April 18, 2018 4:51PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a decent gameplay mechanic as implemented currently. I suggest investing in your mount's stamina if you have a problem getting dismounted.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, are we not doing "phrasing" anymore?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i completely disagree with that, and so does elderscrolls single player games, they even have a load screen that says:

"nothing wrong with running away from a fight you cannot win, come back later when you are better armored and better equipped, and you may need friends to help you with the fight"

especially if being chased by a zerg you should be able to run away!

the same thing happens in real life, if you are in a fight you see is loosing then you SHOULD be able to run away, there is, and should be no difference in elderscrolls online.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i completely disagree with that, and so does elderscrolls single player games, they even have a load screen that says:

"nothing wrong with running away from a fight you cannot win, come back later when you are better armored and better equipped, and you may need friends to help you with the fight"

the same thing happens in real life, if you are in a fight you see is loosing then you SHOULD be able to run away, there is, and should be no difference in elderscrolls online.

I never said our ability to run from a fight should be removed. I said we shouldn't be given MORE ability to run away.

It's already possible to run from a fight. The difficulty of running from combat right now is based on how much the enemies want to catch you. If they don't care about catching you, it's extremely easy. If they really want to catch you, it can become very difficult to get away, but still not impossible, and can feel very rewarding when you do.

With the ability to mount while in combat it would be next to impossible for an enemy to catch you if you decided to run. It would be like going into passive mode in GTA online. Or knocking over the chessboard when you are about to be checkmated.
    Edited by badmojo on April 18, 2018 6:19PM
    [DC/NA]
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Dear good ZOS folks, would it be too hard for the good developers to change so we are able to mount when aggroed by an add or something? To me, it has been so annoying for quite a while, when you're out and about farming nodes, plants, chests, whatnots, (or just moving along) and a nearby add or adds begin to attack you. However, at times, you don't feel like fighting or messing around with them; you just want to farm things. It would be nice to be able to mount and ride off right then and there, instead of running afar enough until the aggro wears off. Same with entering/exiting things, would be nice to be able to do such instead of having to wait until the aggro wears off. What you all good ESO fans think?

*snap

That was my brain breaking.

You farm nodes on a mount? Wouldn't the constant mounting/dismounting be more of a problem than dealing with a few adds preventing a mount?

I'm conpuzzlost.

It does ... So I respected my character to a wood elf and gave her jail breakers and cowards gears and watch her run like the wind ...

I know orcs are faster ... But I survive more cliff dives with a wood elf ... I burn past people on mounts and get lots of whispers about stealing nodes ... I can't help it I'm faster ... Be glad I only use her once amonth to farm while running between survey maps
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    I can't help it I'm faster ...

But you can help pulling "Richard" moves....
    Wil Wheaton's Prime Directive of gaming:
    "Don't be a richard"
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently some people have never heard “fall back” or “retreat” being used during battles in the history of man. It’s a valid tactic that many have used when they decide that fighting is worthless. And sometimes they “mount up” to get away from combat.

Anyway, YES. Let me mount, open doors, interact, etc without being stuck “in combat” like the game always thinks even when I’m not. Here’s looking at you, Mr. Stupid Door in Wayrest Sewers. Who puts a door that doesn’t work most of the time in the middle of a dungeon anyway.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Apparently some people have never heard “fall back” or “retreat” being used during battles in the history of man. It’s a valid tactic that many have used when they decide that fighting is worthless. And sometimes they “mount up” to get away from combat.

Anyway, YES. Let me mount, open doors, interact, etc without being stuck “in combat” like the game always thinks even when I’m not. Here’s looking at you, Mr. Stupid Door in Wayrest Sewers. Who puts a door that doesn’t work most of the time in the middle of a dungeon anyway.

When I can sneak around your lines and kill your mounts I will accept the idea of mounting up while in combat.

Its a videogame where our mounts appear out of nowhere and you refence history....lol.
    [DC/NA]
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said our ability to run from a fight should be removed. I said we shouldn't be given MORE ability to run away.

that is false, right now we Can and Are stopped in many ways from trying to escape a fight we are loosing by snares and roots and slows.

we should be able to run away from all fights, both pve and pvp.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but some changes would need to be made like a timer after mount death so it doesn't constantly respawn with full stamina every time it dies . Probably just make it so that after the mount dies it can't be called again until combat ends .
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no....

you are being attacked, defend yourself.

what are you, a milk drinker?
    You know... I once arm wrestled Ysgramor who was tough-talking and his arm snapped off. Lack of milk is, uh, bad.

Anyway, OT: Unless they separate this function in PvE and PvP, no.

Fine.

Lack of milkshakes is bad. Happy now?

Actually spinach and kale are better for calcium than milk. Vegetarians have much lower rates of osteoporosis than meat eaters. Excessive proteins from milk and meat cause acidity which the body has to neutralize with calcium it takes from the bones.

As for OP. Just farm as a cloaking nightblade.
    Cloak is such a QoL advantage when doing anything overland. I can even look for things in some group dungeons solo by just cloaking past all the enemies.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably should with the addition of that new set. Even though it would be really wacky in pvp.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Adept+Rider+Set

Otherwise whoever made this set might be suffering from a mild retardation.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like it if we could mount unless being directly attacked.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Eat MOAR CHEESE......

not if you are lactose intolerant it doesn't
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    They probably should with the addition of that new set. Even though it would be really wacky in pvp.

Actually, "able to mount while in combat" would be a better 5th piece bonus.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »

In battle (real life or ESO) you should never retreat or surrender. Stand your ground, men. You move, and I'll shoot you myself!!! Ha ha. Go down with that sinking ship, Captain!

Eat MOAR CHEESE......

not if you are lactose intolerant it doesn't

Yeah, I'm lactose intolerant, but I buy those lactose-free organic, supposedly good for you ones.
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »

Actually, "able to mount while in combat" would be a better 5th piece bonus.

Well, it could be practical, but nahh.. I wouldn't want it as a 5-piece perk. I would never wear that set, as there are many other perks/procs/bonus that are actually more useful.

In essence.. having the ability to mount up any time, even when an add(s) agro you, it just would be nice. In PvE, If you want to beat down those adds, then go ahead and melt them down. On the latter, when you don't feel like messing around with the add(s), well, currently, you just have to run off until the agro wears off. Same with entering/exiting a door, it would be a lot better when you get caught by a guard indoors, or you just don't want to kill the add(s) attacking you and getting more/higher bounty. For PvP, don't mount up or run away during a fight. Even if you're losing, just die and respawn at a keep.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave mounting as is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zerglings mount up and chase small scalers enough as is. No thanks.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to mount up on 2nd floor of elden root.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Would like to mount up on 2nd floor of elden root.

Mounting in there wouldn't do any good as a guard can still knock you off. However, would be nice to be able to exit the door as the guards in there are chasing you all around trying to kill you. Ha ha. Sure you just respawn after the guards get the best of you, but, either make the guard killable or allow us to be able to enter/exit a door, even while having agro on.
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Zerglings mount up and chase small scalers enough as is. No thanks.

You know.. as long as I have been PvPing, I have never mounted up and ran from a fight or anybody. If my group or everybody near me are knocked out, I'm surely not going to mount up and ride off. Come on at me.. I'm right here. If I get killed, that is what respawning at a keep is for, and it doesn't waste any soul gem. Sure, I have stealthed often, either to re-engage tactfully or to regen, but never ran off.