The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

#RemoveSpeedCap2018

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor @Tasear @Checkmath

Y'all should suggest that the Speed Cap be removed. As it is, you need to sacrifice damage/sustain for more speed, which is a good trade-off. Especially since counters exist for speed already, with snares and immobilization.

If the issue is an edge-case, such as scroll-running, relic running, do what's already implemented into the game: add restrictions to the carrier.

You can't ride a horse while carrying a scroll (and I assume the same is true with a relic). So add in a debuff that caps/truncates your sprint/movement speed.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one likes to fight someone who will try to Snipe and run away at the speed of light. I mean, it already happens with 3 Swifts and cap.

Right, but if they want to go even faster, that snipe damage is going to be reduced because of the sets/mundus/pots that they use. Meaning they're less likely to kill you.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Nestor @Tasear @Checkmath

Y'all should suggest that the Speed Cap be removed. As it is, you need to sacrifice damage/sustain for more speed, which is a good trade-off. Especially since counters exist for speed already, with snares and immobilization.

If the issue is an edge-case, such as scroll-running, relic running, do what's already implemented into the game: add restrictions to the carrier.

You can't ride a horse while carrying a scroll (and I assume the same is true with a relic). So add in a debuff that caps/truncates your sprint/movement speed.

I believe it was it was changed for many reasons. Some players could be faster then horses. Though I will pass concern and desire to feel faster.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear

Understandable, but remember that this is a game of Magic too.

If there's technical concerns, severe gameplay issues, I can understand those reasons more.

But if people have problems with suspending their disbelief of a person running around quickly in a game where you can also summon meteors from the sky, ride molten steeds made with or summoned by magic, and use lightning to scorch across the earth, that aint completely fair.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players are fast enough already. If anything, the speed cap should be LOWERED.

ZOS - please do not adjust the speed cap upwards and consider a downward tweak in some parts of the calculation.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont recall ever saying the speed cap should be removed. I do think an unmounted player should never be faster than mounted player, all else being equal. However that leaves some situations where a person on foot could be faster than say an untrained horse.

Technically, there should be a speed cap simply because you can out run the games ability to render. Tactically, a mounted character should be able to easilly run faster than a character on foot.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine this though: build diversity.
    Unless i get any comment that the uncapped speed is in fact hurtful for the engine (which it isnt. As far as i know. Desyncs happen above 1200%, not below), i just cant rest. To achieve speeds as everyone mentions; faster than mounts, you HAVE to sacrifice EVERY. SINGLE. STAT. period. to achieve 267% speed (maximum mounted speed), you HAVE to have:
    Major + minor expedition
    Orc
    Steed
    windrunning
    Fiords.
    EDIT: 7 medium too

Any up to 30% can -now- after Summerset be traded with swift jewellery traits. but swift would mean giving up EVEN MORE sustain/stats/whatever.
    Edited by PuddingZebra on August 13, 2018 4:48PM
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the $ummer$et I$les coming $oon,
    Will this hardcap on speed of 500 units (200%) finally go?
    There's no reason for it to stay, especially with the new jewellery trait.

As far as Battlegrounds and scroll carrying goes, there's a (de)buff whenever you pick them (relics, chaosball, scroll) up. Just add the enforced speedcap of 200% to said (de)buff.

To this day, I am trying to figure out why the cap was added.
    I've got a build which can run faster than a maxed mount which uses rapids, yes. But apart from the months of theorycrafting, grinding, testing, rebuilding, etc... I gave up EVERY other stat to achieve this. I've got no damage, little sustain and no survivability apart from sprinting like a maniac. But that's exactly what i enjoyed most about this game. Running around in Cyrodiil like there's no tomorrow.

So please. PLEASE remove this unneeded speedcap.

(And add some exception for reports that contain the words 'Speed' and 'PuddingZebra', thanks)

Kind regards,
    Someone who ragequitted after he read the patchnotes announcing the speedcap.

Actually cap should be reduced even further to prevent cheating. PVP is mostly filled with speed hackers. 100 percent speed bonus with 3000+ weapon damage wihtout major expedition. Speed cap should be at 60 percent to make correct PVP balance.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 13, 2018 8:02PM
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭

As far as Battlegrounds and scroll carrying goes, there's a (de)buff whenever you pick them (relics, chaosball, scroll) up. Just add the enforced speedcap of 200% to said (de)buff.

I've got a build which can run faster than a maxed mount which uses rapids, yes. But apart from the months of theorycrafting, grinding, testing, rebuilding, etc... I gave up EVERY other stat to achieve this. I've got no damage, little sustain and no survivability apart from sprinting like a maniac. But that's exactly what i enjoyed most about this game. Running around in Cyrodiil like there's no tomorrow.

(And add some exception for reports that contain the words 'Speed' and 'PuddingZebra', thanks)

Kind regards,

Actually cap should be reduced even further to prevent cheating. PVP is mostly filled with speed hackers. 100 percent speed bonus with 3000+ weapon damage wihtout major expedition. Speed cap should be at 60 percent to make correct PVP balance.

You are pretty uninformed it seems. Please do some research before posting this. 100% speed bonus is basically 7 medium + sprint and either orc or minor expedition.

EDIT: FYI: There's no "speedhacks" with a server-side enforced speedcap. :)
    Edited by PuddingZebra on August 14, 2018 1:38PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind regards,

You are pretty uninformed it seems. Please do some research before posting this. 100% speed bonus is basically 7 medium + sprint and either orc or minor expedition.

I did research before posting. No one can sprint forever with build of 4000+ weapon damage especially in heavy armor builds. That too I have seen people with ridiculous speed on heavy armor with infinite sprint. There is no speed hack ? Good joke. You are misinformed then. Please go and tell noobs that heavy armor builds can sprint with 100 percent movement with 4000 weapon damage and can sprint infinitely.
    Its just a sample below for similar kind of hack , which is actually free.

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/other-mmorpg-and-strategy/284088-elder-scrolls-online-teleport-hack.html

There are some paid hacks for speed as well. Dont look at me , I never cheat in game. There are speed hackers in this game and using it for very long time including many noob streamers calling themselves pros , streaming and earning lot of money. Running heavy armor builds with 100 percent infinite speed bonus in combat and crazy weapon damage. I don't think resources are hack-able though.

I already mentioned in one of the posts about speed hacks in the game and reported some.
    Who cares when real money involved and ZOs themselves doing lop sided class balance ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 15, 2018 3:37AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure they are "sprinting forever" and not just stacked minor + major expedition + 3 swift + steed (+ windrunning)? That will get you easily to 75% more normal movement speed?

BTW I think your solution is wrong. "slow everyone down to prevent cheating"? Why not just do something to prevent cheating? Our fun and playstyle should not suffer because Zeni can't or won't do something against cheaters. With that kind of attitude you could nerf everything to the ground bc cheating.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could add mechanics to going x speed = x extra dmg take. I think the issue is server preformance and poormans bg fix
    Xbox One Na
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could add mechanics to going x speed = x extra dmg take. I think the issue is server preformance and poormans bg fix

This belongs in the same box as "wearing X piece of heavy armor = reduce damage done by X" and that box belongs far, far away where no one ever finds it. Or are you implying that medium armor needs to take even more damage?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 16, 2018 10:24AM
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭

Kind regards,

I did research before posting. No one can sprint forever with build of 4000+ weapon damage especially in heavy armor builds. That too I have seen people with ridiculous speed on heavy armor with infinite sprint. There is no speed hack ? Good joke. You are misinformed then. Please go and tell noobs that heavy armor builds can sprint with 100 percent movement with 4000 weapon damage and can sprint infinitely.
    Its just a sample below for similar kind of hack , which is actually free.

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/other-mmorpg-and-strategy/284088-elder-scrolls-online-teleport-hack.html

There are some paid hacks for speed as well. Dont look at me , I never cheat in game. There are speed hackers in this game and using it for very long time including many noob streamers calling themselves pros , streaming and earning lot of money. Running heavy armor builds with 100 percent infinite speed bonus in combat and crazy weapon damage. I don't think resources are hack-able though.

I already mentioned in one of the posts about speed hacks in the game and reported some.
    Who cares when real money involved and ZOs themselves doing lop sided class balance ?

if you actually opened the link and did some research: it says:
    "Instructions:
    1)Open your favorite injector
    2)Inject esodll.dll into eso64.exe
    3)Read console to get information about hotkeys
    4)???
    5)PROFIT"
    Now i'll have you know that injecting code into ESO does no longer function.