The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

#RemoveSpeedCap2018

• PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Every patch day I still somehow have a tiny bit of hope :>
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the $ummer$et I$les coming $oon,

You lo$t me right there, $ir. Good way to undermine a decent cau$e.

God Agree. Gave me scabies trying to read that.
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this, Zenimax needs to stop limiting the fun and creativity people put into how they want to play the game. If people just want to run really fast, then so be it. If people want to be potatoes and block, let them. All these little major nerfs, don't encourage diversity of builds and playstyles but rather force everyone to something similar.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still miss my zoom-zoom vampire NB farmer. :'(

Concealed weapon + steed is okay, but it doesn't compare to being able to loop around Craglorn at speed or doing recon around a scroll run.

Concealed weapon speed buff works only when sneaking/invis, and sprinting breaks stealth, so while maybe good for ganking, you are FAR from speed cap.

So guessing the optimal of all builds for speed would be:

-Fiords
    -Cowards Gear (since you can’t cast rapids in WW form)
    -Orc
    -Windrunning passive from Green CP tree /maxed out “Sprinter”
    -Stam Sorc, though you can’t recast hurricane in WW form
    -Steed Mundus
    -WW (obviously)
    -Then just all points in Stam, and Max Stam/Stam Recov blue food.

Missing anything?

Full med divines, and instead of cowards use jailbreaker(?) for 10% up perman3and use pots for expd.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I still miss my zoom-zoom vampire NB farmer. :'(

Concealed weapon + steed is okay, but it doesn't compare to being able to loop around Craglorn at speed or doing recon around a scroll run.

Concealed weapon speed buff works only when sneaking/invis, and sprinting breaks stealth, so while maybe good for ganking, you are FAR from speed cap.

So guessing the optimal of all builds for speed would be:

-Fiords
    -Cowards Gear (since you can’t cast rapids in WW form)
    -Orc
    -Windrunning passive from Green CP tree /maxed out “Sprinter”
    -Stam Sorc, though you can’t recast hurricane in WW form
    -Steed Mundus
    -WW (obviously)
    -Then just all points in Stam, and Max Stam/Stam Recov blue food.

Missing anything?

Full med divines, and instead of cowards use jailbreaker(?) for 10% up perman3and use pots for expd.

After testing a while ago, i found divines not increasing the 5% mobility on steeds. No idea if that is/was a bug or intended.
    The fastest setup would be
    -Orc sorc
    -Fiords
    -Windrunning
    -Steed
    -Werewolf
    -Hurricane or jailbreakers (jailbreakers SHOULD be switched with Prisoner's for mag sustain for dark deal for infinite sprint)
    -Speed pots.

Lemme clarify. Rapids give 30% speed, no matter what. rapids does not give the usual "major expedition". Normal major expedition gives 60% while sprinting. +30% base movement speed and +30% sprinting movement speed. No idea if this is a bug or intended, either. but rapids IS slower than any other form of major expedition. This is why i used to run Jailbreakers + boundless storm over hurricane.
    1.) boundless gives said 60%
    2.) boundless costs magicka so more stam for sprinting.
    3.) boundless doesnt pull every mob from across the map when running past mobs.

Boundless cant be cast in WW so jailbreaker + speed pots in WW form will give most speed, but less sustain(ed running)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cap was kind introduced because there were so many players using Cheat Engine speed hacks, in both pve and pvp. It was pretty widespread and most of us knew it. Zeni couldn't (and probably still can't) easily identify CE usage, so they put a hard cap on the most abused stats, including speed, ultimate generation, and resource regen. It's highly unlikely they'll ever back down from this.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The cap was kind introduced because there were so many players using Cheat Engine speed hacks, in both pve and pvp. It was pretty widespread and most of us knew it. Zeni couldn't (and probably still can't) easily identify CE usage, so they put a hard cap on the most abused stats, including speed, ultimate generation, and resource regen. It's highly unlikely they'll ever back down from this.

They added alot of server-side checks on stats like these. and even when using CE any patch past IC, speed , resource regen and especially ult regen and/or usage were NOT possible to alter using CE. You could, and still can, techincally. but only client side and only for <1.2 seconds until another checkup tick arrived.

Edit: yes , there was a time where ult cost data could be "delayed" or mirrored, but that was fixed shortly after and those people got banned.
    Edited by PuddingZebra on July 2, 2018 11:46AM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they need just remove all that crap that allows you to achieve such crazy speed values.
    This only provokes to use speedhacks and explain to anyone who asked you: "this is just my special speed setup, l2p, gitgud, noob"
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    just lower overall speed and remove cap
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speed was so fun on my Werewolves and even on my vampires using Shadow Dancer...
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove the speed cap
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speed is already broken and arguably the best stat in the game for PvP, and you want the cap removed? I hope that is a joke.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please leave speed cap alone.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »
    latest?cb=20150123021616

That looks like a screenshot of my orc, werewolf, swift x3, major expedition, prisoner's wearing toon.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing caps in general has been such a good idea. It totally didn't cause massive balance issues just like we said it would (sarcasm dripping). Lets remove another........

I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    i think the speed cap is there to prevent the user from literally breaking the game. they prolly test all OOB and various other bugs with 200% speed max because to test any more would be too tedious and leave too much room for error. if someone could get a dev to answer exactly why its in place u could figure out if its viable to ask for its removal, but till then im just gonna assume its impossible under the circumstances.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed cap was just a lazy fix for battlegrounds, and as usual with no thoughts about PvE and how e.g. crafters/farmers used it. They should have implemented it as battle spirit.

A carefully built character reached 230% speed at sprint before cap, so it wasn't excessive and crippled the characters combat capability. There was nothing "broken" in speed. Overall a carelessly made change.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speed cap was put in place because without it there were certain 'speed' builds that were OP. When you watch something, your eyes are visually tracking it. The faster "it" moves, the harder it is to visually track. People differ in their abilities to visually track rapidly moving objects ... especially when the object's movement is erratic (unpredictable).

Trying to visually track a rapidly moving object (erratic movement) for a very brief amount of time is usually not a problem for most people. But, doing so for more than a very brief amount of time, can cause eye strain, trigger headaches/migraines, trigger motion sickness, or trigger epileptic seizures.

I kid you not, before the speed cap, some players moved so fast all you saw was a blurr (sometimes you knew they darted somewhere but you couldn't tell where they went (that's how fast some players could get)). Not only was it OP 'game-wise' , but with the added potential of it triggering health issues, I think ZOS had to do something.

Edited by Maryal on July 5, 2018 5:12PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture BGs would be a joke w/o speed cap, which is the sole reason why it was added; rest of the game suffers for this.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    The speed cap was put in place because without it there were certain 'speed' builds that were OP. When you watch something, your eyes are visually tracking it. The faster "it" moves, the harder it is to visually track. People differ in their abilities to visually track rapidly moving objects ... especially when the object's movement is erratic (unpredictable).

Trying to visually track a rapidly moving object (erratic movement) for a very brief amount of time is usually not a problem for most people. But, doing so for more than a very brief amount of time, can cause eye strain, trigger headaches/migraines, trigger motion sickness, or trigger epileptic seizures.

I kid you not, before the speed cap, some players moved so fast all you saw was a blurr (sometimes you knew they darted somewhere but you couldn't tell where they went (that's how fast some players could get)). Not only was it OP 'game-wise' , but with the added potential of it triggering health issues, I think ZOS had to do something.

Are there any comments from the staff on this?
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Speed is already broken and arguably the best stat in the game for PvP, and you want the cap removed? I hope that is a joke.

Lmao.
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    I think they need just remove all that crap that allows you to achieve such crazy speed values.
    This only provokes to use speedhacks and explain to anyone who asked you: "this is just my special speed setup, l2p, gitgud, noob"

"speedhacks"?
    Please ....
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Capture BGs would be a joke w/o speed cap, which is the sole reason why it was added; rest of the game suffers for this.

If you'd read the discussion... You'd see that it should be kept while in BG's in general. AND while carrying scroll
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

This is utter bull... I'm sorry, but that's simply not true as even 332% speed isn't fast enough to be a "blur". Nice try though
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭

Uhm. Since when does speed kill? D:

Thing is, to achieve such speeds, you're sacrificing everything . so theres 0 damage or tankyness. there's no use for it in pvp.
    not on the scale without cap anyways. There's really not much to it.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then maybe thats swift trait might actually be worth something.
    Xbox One Na
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then maybe thats swift trait might actually be worth something.

Oh it is actually, when you're as fast running as others are while sprinting it's great to sonic around. But then the speed cap kills it once you start to sprint, so you're right. With the addition of the swift trait I'd thought it would be time to at least raise the cap by a few %. Right now you can reach the cap so easily.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uhm. Since when does speed kill? D:

Thing is, to achieve such speeds, you're sacrificing everything . so theres 0 damage or tankyness. there's no use for it in pvp.
    not on the scale without cap anyways. There's really not much to it.

agree
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    I just really wanna know the actual reasoning behind the global speedcap. contacting devs doesnt seem to help, forums doesn't get me answers either , tickets point me to forums. What do i do?

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one likes to fight someone who will try to Snipe and run away at the speed of light. I mean, it already happens with 3 Swifts and cap.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel