The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dk's. Why are you still playing as one?

Nelson_Rebel
Nelson_Rebel
✭✭✭✭✭
Legitimate question here.

Other than to tank hardmode trials, and vet MAW specifically, why play as a DK?

The other class spec's far outperform Dk in Damage, even warden has better parses now. Wardens are taking over tank role in most content because of better group buffs and resource management.

And healer DK's I've never seen one in 4 years of my gameplay other than the one or two who tried it out for PvP along with myself.

So what is your reasoning for playing a DK? Is it just fun, has it always been your main with all crafting and achievements on it, etc...Why play a DK after the last 5 patches have all nerfed the DK specificaly without cause, to all specs of the Dk. Dps stam and magic (are they still a thing?)
Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 31, 2018 7:56PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK chain tank.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guards are DK-like.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    DK chain tank.

So having chains is your only motivation for playing one?

Good thing that silver leash doesn't work as a similar chain then.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 31, 2018 6:18PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my MagDK tank, being as how that's my main. I tank in PVE and am a raid healer in PVP, which is pretty fantastic. Not as good as the templar and warden healers, but amazingly tanky for PUG healing.

But my MagDK is also my Vestige, my Master Angler and the character I have the most playtime with, so ZOS could nerf the class into the ground and I'd still love my MagDK.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK chain tank.

Unrelenting Grip and Silver Leash are 100% identical. Oh dear me, how did I ever miss the fact that "to" and "from" are one and the same?

If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. :)
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK chain tank.

Unrelenting Grip and Silver Leash are 100% identical. Oh dear me, how did I ever miss the fact that "to" and "from" are one and the same?

If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. :)

You misunderstood.

I was saying it's good that silver leash doesn't work like chains.

Because then it would actually make the Dk worthless
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk is love, dk is life.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Played it most of my ESO career. Occasionally other classes, but mainly just dropping money/time on a build, abusing scrubs, then deleting because I am too picky.

Cool premise, and 20/23k total achievements are on it. So too late to change it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I enjoy playing as a dk , no matter how weak or generic it is. Dancing between life and death as you fight, it is a feeling no other class offers to me.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 31, 2018 7:58PM
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK requires skill and if you play the other classes than the hard ones to figure out then your casual about your playstyle.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT to inclusion of main paragraph for Warden tanks

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK requires skill and if you play the other classes than the hard ones to figure out then your casual about your playstyle.

I'm familiar with DK

I'm just curious what the other DK's are thinking.

I switched to Stam Warden because everything Stam based is better than Magic for PvE and PvP both, and Warden is simply more utility and self sufficient
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 31, 2018 8:00PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd imagine for the same reasons those of us who play our mains still do.

Despite what ZOS has done to nerf the crap out of it and tear its soul away, we have a sentimental attachment and enough /play time to still be reasonably effective with it, even if it's nowhere near "BiS"

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dk is still a very viable class in pvp, both magicka and stamina toons can dish out tons of damage with a nice build but also can go pretty tanky.
    For pve its still the best tanking class with unique stamina sustain and a unique buff to all fire damage with engulfing flames. Believe me or not, dks are more desired as tanks than ever, since they buff group dps, especially of magicka dds, by a lot.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have spent most of my time playing DK's. I am far less familiar with the other classes. When I play other classes, I don't know what I am doing because I spend so much time NOT playing them, its all new again when I go back. Then I discover, another class may have a skill I think is fun, so maybe I would like them. But all my time has been invested in my top 2 DK's. I can play them both more or less without much thought. I don't care if I am not getting massive amounts of damage. But I am also not trying to do vet dungeons or trials at this point. I hear a lot that you don't take them in to that content, so I do think about what character should I make my focus for when I do get around to doing that stuff. And I just don't know what to focus on for it. So instead of stressing myself out, since I am not looking to do that content today, I just go do what I am having fun playing and skip making it a second job. I imagine I will always prefer to play DK's.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wont main anything else other than stamDK.
    I rather quit and return over time than playing any other class.
    If they ever add spears I might play a little bit my stamtemp.

Why you ask?
    Some ppl like to play mmorpgs by being their chosen class and doing all content with this class. Achieving everything and fighting everything as a Dragon Knight.
    Others are min maxers.
    1 char for 1vx
    1 char for zerg
    1 char for pve dps
    1 char for pve tank
    1 char for vma
    1 char for ganging
    1 char for small scale
    1 char for crafting
    1 char for duels
    Heavy
    Medium
    Light
    Not me.

These are the ppl that do not see that some classes are underperforming, because they play meta with each class.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 1, 2018 2:16AM
  • Oberon45
    Oberon45
    ✭✭✭
    The coolest looking ultimate in the game, imo
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK was my first real love in this game. Back when I was still on NA server, I created one and I felt invincible. Like I could take on any content in this game with ease :) And at the same time, me and some friends were talking about creating Mag DKs as well, coming up with builds and ideas that I would put to fruition a year later (after they had quit :'( )

I left NA server and settled on EU, where I created that Mag DK. I grew attached to it, since the character reminded me of those good times. However, I eventually race changed and respecced him to Stamina, back to my Stam DK I once had.

I mostly play (almost exclusively) on my MagDen these days, but when I do play on my Stam DK, I have a lot of fun and I still have that "invincible" feeling sometimes :D

"The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Most Aesthetically pleasing
    2. Controls fights better than any other class
    3. 25% damage buff against half of Cyro
    4. Leap+Frag/snipe+reflect is the easiest way to delete a scrub and simultaneously escape a sticky situation.
    5. Beserker Playstyle
    6. Power Lash Emblem and animation(GRRH!!!)
    7. Igneous sheild Animation
    8. Anti Scrub blade
    9. Anti snipe cheese
    10. Deep Breath
    11. Shifting standard
    12. Offensive and defensive Simultaneously.
    13. Best stam sustain of all mag classes

You get the point or should i keep going?
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDK for life :*
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »
    1. Most Aesthetically pleasing
    2. Controls fights better than any other class
    3. 25% damage buff against half of Cyro
    4. Leap+Frag/snipe+reflect is the easiest way to delete a scrub and simultaneously escape a sticky situation.
    5. Beserker Playstyle
    6. Power Lash Emblem and animation(GRRH!!!)
    7. Igneous sheild Animation
    8. Anti Scrub blade
    9. Anti snipe cheese
    10. Deep Breath
    11. Shifting standard
    12. Offensive and defensive Simultaneously.
    13. Best stam sustain of all mag classes

You get the point or should i keep going?

The mag side of the class is pretty well put together tbh. Much more so than a templar or warden, which synergises awfully with itself.

Its pretty bad this meta. But abilities work well with each other. Foss>PL feels strong. Engulfing, deep breath, talons, leap. All AoEs that time pretty well. You debuff, succ, hold them down, and explode/leap at same time for high damage if set up well. Then into PL on the weaker targets.

There are many issues though, sustain, lockdown, and lash landing has been gutted pretty bad. Chains is an abomination. Dots are pretty poor OW/outnumbered. And "Dragon" is a bit of a stretch. Wings sux, talons is very situational, so leap is the only specifically dragon thing. (I prefer bats/meteor if playing a heavy build.) The rest is fire+blockknight.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy magicka DK a lot.

If you measure fun by staring at your Microsoft excel spreadsheet of numbers (i.e. DPS tracker) then yeah I'll imagine MDK isn't much fun.

DK and melee nightblade are two of the most visually satisfying classes to play.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because FIRE.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I havent played much stamina classes in PVE but I really like the stam DK. I mainly play it because I got a bit bored of playing my main mag sorc. I still need to get some Sunderflame daggers so I can run it with Hundings and Mephala. Hopefully Summerset will have so cool new sets so I dont need to farm the daggers.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As flawed as it is, I still find it the most fun class to play and whip is satisfying when getting a kill. And maybe I am a bit of masochist as well because I play DK the most. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm familiar with DK

I'm just curious what the other DK's are thinking.

I switched to Stam Warden because everything Stam based is better than Magic for PvE and PvP both, and Warden is simply more utility and self sufficient

And I think some will agree that warden is great for new players.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fire fire everywhere.

Because I made a pyromaniac DK and I like them.

Not everything is about DPS and the meta. You can play most of the game without following the meta in the slightest.

its about the vibe...
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it for some reason only mmo I've played if liked the melee toon over a ranged before and it more challenging in PvP
    but I do have a love hate relationship him
    Edited by lucky_Sage on April 1, 2018 5:21AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tamriel has too much "stuff" and not enough burning. SOMEONE needs to work on fixing that.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm it’s my tank... what else would you use a DK for?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.