The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

To Beam or not to Beam

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm starting to think jesus beam isn't worth the space on my bar.Am I the only person who thinks this?
Edited by Syiccal on March 31, 2018 3:13PM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well u shouldnt use it on 100% on every enemy player.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no *** lol.. I'm just suggesting half the time in execute phase ppl can still outheal this and can forgot using it in out numbered situations
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sry i just couldnt resist :P

well i dont know, in pve i think its usefull, in pvp i dont think so, i mean as n00b-crusher from a wall while a siege maybe.... i mean killing people usually should work better by cc, stuff which decreases their stamina, makes them unable to block or to use skills and then kill, i guess a channel skill is way too slow and sticky, other finishers definitely work better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm starting to think jesus beam isn't worth the space on my bar.Am I the only person who thinks this?

The only Beam worthy of space in my bar

tdemWkI.jpg
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tdemWkI.jpg

it would be funny, if it wasnt a really awfull whiskey.... Q,Q
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on March 31, 2018 3:32PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very situational skill after all the nerfs.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

tdemWkI.jpg

it would be funny, if it wasnt a really awfull whiskey.... Q,Q

Yeah, I know. But I didn't came up with a better wit.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread title gave me flashbacks to the old jesus beam days, when lightning staff was OP =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xoIkZCBFg
    Edited by Toast_STS on March 31, 2018 3:38PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think sustained pressure with sweeps, vampires bane and purifying light is far more effective at the moment
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jbeam still is worth the slot imo just for executing a dodge rolling stam toon low on health, especially since magplars are slower then molasses going up a hill in winter...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are outhealing it then you're not doing it right. CC then beam. Or make sure you have enough spell power
    Edited by Datolite on March 31, 2018 5:41PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    weak or not, Its a ranged execute that ignores dodge roll. I would say its no longer the ''jesus beam'', but Its still useful, though obviously if you expect to 100-0 people with just beam spam you're in for a disappointment.

good templars usually do pressure with bubble,sweep,vamp bane, purfying light etc.. I think it depends on your playstyle. For group play I would use the beam for sure.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 31, 2018 5:44PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weak or not, Its a ranged execute that ignores dodge roll. I would say its no longer the ''jesus beam'', but Its still useful, though obviously if you expect to 100-0 people with just beam spam you're in for a disappointment.

good templars usually do pressure with bubble,sweep,vamp bane, purfying light etc.. I think it depends on your playstyle. For group play I would use the beam for sure.

What he said and the fact that it cant be interrupted during stun immunity (unless you were stunned while casting) gives a decent reliability
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One morph is a heal and spamming it is ok . Makes a fun light show .
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s meh , I have it slotted but find myself rarely using it because I don’t need it. But I haven’t died to a Jesus beam in awhile outside of multiple opponents hitting me and even then it’s probably because I didn’t have enough resources or got cced.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been awhile sense I dusted off magplar but hell yea jesus beam is awesome!

Specifically for killing zerglings, you just wait for one to start getting low and JEEEEZUS BEAMMMM. And watch them try to dodgeroll it and die mid roll. By far my favorite sniper ability!

If your trying to minmax then taking it off is up to you, but for pure comedy I say keep the beam. Just know when to beam and know when not to beam.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 31, 2018 10:03PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its only cool purpose is executing low hp medium armor guy who tries to dodge roll. For me Radiant destrucrion is the most easy to survive execute, because power of all finishers come throug animation cancelling, and beam isn't too fast or invisible to react.
    So, I don't think it's worthy. Do you have a fellow sorc? Let him take all low hp targets.
    Edited by Ashamray on April 1, 2018 2:21AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiant Glory is the skill that secures me the most kills in PvP so... it's worth the slot on my bar. The only problem I have with the skill is the incredibly high cost paired with a clunky targeting mechanic.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion there are quite a lot of situations, where a ranged finisher is very useful. Think about enemies rushing a keep, getting low health by oil and other siege weapons. You can finish them off fron upstairs or wall, or even after you fired your ballista and its reloading. It really gets the job done in group play, when low health enemies try to get sone distance too. Also in a 1v1 situation: pury, jabs jabs jabs and stun when pury goes off and beeeeeam. Or even without stun, since enemies mostly drop very low from pury and even one tick of beam is then enough.